New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Spongebob Squarepants Season 100

Well, I suppose that's good enough. I'll vote Caerulea although I still don't think they're a wolf. But in the unlikely event that they are, lynching them today is definitely a good move, and if they're not we can lynch flyinglemur day four.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-01-25 at 04:19 AM.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'm voting Caerulea, this Mr. Krabs nonsense is probably just a power of theirs. It doesn't even make sense. Why on earth would Mr. Krabs be in EVIL, or neutral for that matter?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

None of this game makes sense, but I think we can be pretty sure that Caerulea really is Mr. Krabs - for two wolves to appear as the same town role seems... implausible. I think you're a much more likely wolf than Caerulea, but lynching you before we're sure you're the last wolf would be a bad idea.

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    None of this game makes sense, but I think we can be pretty sure that Caerulea really is Mr. Krabs - for two wolves to appear as the same town role seems... implausible. I think you're a much more likely wolf than Caerulea, but lynching you before we're sure you're the last wolf would be a bad idea.
    I agree with this. If Caerulea survives this and the two are autolynches and then the game still isn't over, then I figure one of you will likely kill the other by morning.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    See by if you are wrong and we do that, it'll be two more day cycles before we win. If I am wrong, we can theoretically win in the next day cycle by seeing if Mermaid Man/Barnacle Boy can kill Caerulea tonight and then us lynching the other. It also involves a probable fewer town deaths.
    This makes sense for me

Also, I'm sure Caerulea has nothing to fear from town if he is speaking the truth about his lynchproof and about being a neutral party

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So I was planning on leaving this until later but with the forum playing up again I should probably do it now while I have a chance: switching my vote to flyinglemur. I may regret this, but I trust Caerulea enough to vote for the most likely wolf.

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

9 living players. 6 votes, 3 missing. 2 I expected missing, and 1 I should've expected missing. Ah well, the forum's been back up for awhile now even if it's slow, and I've not heard from PoR in forever either...eh, day's over, that's what the original idea was for extending to 72 hours, dealing with forum weirdness. PartyOfRouges is auto-lynching because I realized they haven't posted in the thread since D1 either, nor used a power.

Day 3 Ends

The boat pulled up to the police station and three officers wrestled Mr Krabs into a cell, despite his best efforts to escape. "Hey you, give us a hand. Got two more anchovies in the squadboat that need processing, caught 'em loitering all night outside the Chum Bucket."

The officer on desk duty shakes his head. "Anchovies, always anchovies. Any idea what that's about?"

"Not a clue. They wouldn't even talk. Woulda figured 'em dead but they're still warm and not floating. Might just be floatin' high on bubbles, we'll see if they come down after a night in the slammer."

Mr Krabs glared around the cell, before spotting Patrick. "Wait, what'd you even do? Thought you don't get picked up on account o'...mental stuff?

Patrick shrugged as best he could with his head stuck in a donut vending machine. "Beats me. Guess they got tired of waiting in line?"

Caerulea was arrested. They are Mr Krabs, a neutral.

KAmber was arrested. They are Squidward Tentacles, a townie.

z3r0gamer was arrested. They are The One True Anchovie, a neutral.

PartyOfRouges was arrested. They are Patrick Star, a townie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Krabs
    You are Mr Krabs, a neutral. You start out in contact with the wolves, who are not informed of your alignment or powers. The first time you would be arrested, you aren't. During the Night phase, you can attempt to predict who will get arrested during the following Day phase; if you turn out to be correct, you get an "extra life". You win if you're the last man standing. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squidward Tentacles
    You are Squidward Tentacles, a townie. Every night, select one player. You will learn their role name and alignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One True Anchovie
    You are The One True Anchovie, a neutral. You cannot be un-anchovie'd the way the others can. The first time you would be arrested, you are not. During the Night phase, select one player; if they would be responsible for having you arrested, they are instead arrested themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Star
    You are Patrick Star, a townie. The first time you would be arrested for any reason, you are not; instead, your role is announced publicly (although not your alignment). If your second arrest is during the Day phase, one random person voting for you is also arrested. If your second arrest is during the Night Phase, the arresting party (or, if it is the wolf team arresting you, a random wolf) will be arrested alongside you.
    Night 3 Begins.

It will end in ~48 hours. The remaining 5 players are all active thus far, which is good. Looking forward to how things develop from here...

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, that was... not what I expected. Sorry Caerulea (well. Sort of. Even if you were a neutral you still wanted us all dead.) Although to be fair this does simplify the situation a lot. Before their death they asked me to reveal a QT, which apparently I can't do because I don't have enough posts.
    The theory contained is almost certainly wrong, though, given z3r0gamer's power and Caerulea's motives, so I guess it doesn't make that much difference.

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Night Three Ends

Two anchovies entered the police station, one in cuffs. As the officers stared, the one in cuffs cuffed themselves to the other anchovie, who looked at them with betrayal in their eyes. The cops rolled their eyes and processed them both. After awhile, Sandy entered the jail and un-anchovied everybody, and the confusion was all over! They were mostly still arrested though, so that didn't get solved.

Logan1996 was arrested. They are Mermaid Man, a townie.

flyinglemur was arrested. They are Barnacle Man, a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Man
    You are Mermaid Man, a townie. You start out in contact with Barnacle Boy. During the Night Phase, you may select one player to either arrest, or protect from arrest. You can select any player to protect (including yourself or Barnacle Boy), but you cannot select the same player two Nights in a row. Additionally, if either you or Barnacle Boy are arrested for any reason, both of you are arrested, regardless of any protections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Man
    You are Barnacle MAN, a villain. You start off in contact with Mermaid Man, who is a townie and is not informed of your villain status. Mermaid Man can choose each night to arrest (or protect from arrest) one individual. However, if either of the two of you is arrested, so is the other one.
    Game Ends, Town Is Victorious

Spoiler: Other Roles
    Show
    gac3 was Sandy Cheeks, a townie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks
    You are Sandy Cheeks, a townie. Every night, you can select one target. Target's role (but not alignment) is declared publicly, and target is privately informed of your role and alignment. You are not required to select a target in the night.
    snowblaze was Mrs. Puff, a townie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Puff
    You are Mrs Puff, a townie. During the Day Phase, select up to two players; their votes don't count if they vote for you (unless they are Spongebob, in which case their vote instead counts triple). During the Night phase, select up to two players; if they would be responsible for your arrest, you are not arrested (unless they are Spongebob, in which case you are arrested at the end of the night barring further protection).
    DukeGod was Spongebob, a Townie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    You are Spongebob Squarepants, a townie. The first time you would be arrested, you aren't. During the Night Phase, you can select one player; that person cannot be arrested that night by anybody.
    ...additionally...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    You are Fred, a neutral. You start the game as the narrator, who is almost never targeted with powers or votes by default, despite being a legal target. You cannot vote during the day, nor use any powers at night. If a wolf would be arrested at any point, look for an easy explanation for why you would get arrested instead - tied vote, vote for narrator, target-switching night power, etc. If one can be found, you are arrested instead of the wolf. You have no win condition.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

So... I'll start explaining what happened I guess with the following

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/7A8vQ74X8Y8ak
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/FCRWkXKTNqimb

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

*relieved sigh* It's over. No more diabolical twists, no wolves hiding in the network.

Random thoughts:

I thought my role was mostly useless when I first saw it. Then Caerulea told us who all the wolves were and I realised it made me virtually unkillable. I spent most of night one trying to get the wolves to kill me, only to later find out I'd been roleblocked and actually would have died if they'd tried.

I feel kind of sorry for the wolves in this game, but I'm glad Caerulea revealed the wolves because otherwise we probably would have been utterly crushed.

Caerulea's theory was that Logan was a traitor working with flyinglemur, and I confess I believed it up until the end of day three.

Oh, and AvatarVecna, the only reason I'm not voting for you in X-Mafia after you lied about your role is that I feel like lynching the same person day one three games in a row is a bit unfair.

Now, the inevitable list of questions:

Caerulea, why did you tell us who all the wolves were? Because I struggle to see how you could have won that way - unless you weren't expecting us to form a network.

Did the wolves actually know my role? When I fake-claimed neutral Grek managed to guess my actual role and I still can't work out if the wolves knew (because of Elenna's role?) or Grek was just a lucky guesser.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair, if Duke God was down, you probably would have died today.

Also what convinced you Logan wasn't a traitor?

Also I had a question and forgot...

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    To be fair, if Duke God was down, you probably would have died today.

Also what convinced you Logan wasn't a traitor?

Also I had a question and forgot...
    You were going to deanchovie me and prove I was who I said I was, then there would have been no logical reason to lynch me (but, yeah, I'd have been the least unlikely wolf I guess.)

I confess to being a little paranoid about Logan, but since the main argument Caerulea was making was that the wolves' nightkills hadn't worked and once z3r0gamer's power was revealed it was pretty clear that wasn't the case - both times they hit some kind of protection. Also, you know, Caerulea wanted us all dead so I thought she might be a bit biased.

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah but my power doesn't reveal alignment and I am way more likely to suspect Mrs. puff than Spongebob

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Could someone post the "dead chat" (for those arrested)? I heard that the 'what is going on here' was revealed there to some degree.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

I think outside Vecna, I am the one with the most understanding of what all was happening. I can type up a full explanation in an hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so here is what is probably most important about how this game went. I don't remember what of this has been revealed for sure so I'll hit all the highlights.

Caerulea personally messed with this game. It seems they got an extra life at the beginning and anytime they correctly predicted the lynch. So they were a wolf but really more neutral because they needed to be last Man standing.

So they messaged everyone else with the intent of getting us all to lynch the wolves, specifically Grek because they were plankton. The idea being if we then focused on lynching Caerulea last, they would be immune to it by their extra life powers and then have control over the night kill. So they would have full control. The flaw apparently was that they would not have at any point had full control of the night kill because that was their big downside to their role.

The other big flaw is that I immediately built a network of the three other people who responded to Caerulea because we didn't trust them. So it was me (Sandy), Logan (mermaidman), snowblaze (Mrs. Puff), and dukegod (SpongeBob). Together we ended up with alot of power.

Day 1: we all target Elenna as part of our testing Caerulea's information. We all know how that played out

Night 1: convinced by day 1 that Elenna was a wolf, Logan used his night kill. I targeted Caerulea to out their true identity (we didn't trust them), and dukegod protected whoever it was that Caerulea said was being targeted. Snowblaze's power protected them from kills and stuff if they targeted the people trying to kill them.

Day 2: Caerulea was outed and Grek got upset. I believe we just kind of all killed Grek after that.

Night 2: Logan tries to kill Caerulea (which failed because of an extra life) and we talked the wolves into targeting one of the non-active players. I targeted another to reveal their identity. All of the night kills failed.

Day 3: we debate on who to lunch. There were three nonactives which we weren't worried about (they ended up autolynches). This is where I felt we would win or lose. Caerulea too us they were immune to a single night kill and lynch. So I hard core pushed for their death because either they lied and we would be rid of them or they would be telling the truth and then we are able to finish them off the next day. We ended up settling in Caerulea because I wouldn't let it go.

Night 4: nothing else mattered. There was only 5 people left. Four of them were networked and the last was barnacle boy. So Mermaid Man targeted himself I'm pretty sure and town won as he and barnacle boy both got arrested.

So thanks Caerulea. We didn't lose a single actual town until the very end and had to finish them off. I also have ran the numbers and don't think there was any way for town to have possibly won any faster with what we had.