Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 238
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    "'Fraid not. This is as close as we can get in cover. Good luck everyone."

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Ilane

    "So when is the shelling due to start? And how long after that is the assault going to be? I hate periods of inactivity, they are not efficient."

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Trench
    The three miles head over to the ladder and start to climb. It's time.

    Briefing
    "The plan is to begin shelling day after tomorrow, continue for 7 days then mount the attack less than an hour after the shelling ends."

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    "If I may sir, I would like to perform a raid on the enemy trenches and return with a captive so that we could confirm the intelligence reports. Sir."
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    "THAT WOULD BE FUN!" Eris fumes.
    "Come on! I'm impatient! When will I get to kill the enemy baddies? I'm nobility! We used to get what we deserved, wheter it be death or despair REAL FAST. WHEN CAVALRY RULED THE FIELDS!" Eris stops shouting.

    He calms down a bit more.

    "Uh, errr...." he turns to the officers. "... sorry sirs! Been waiting for this life and death situation for so long! I... I may be green in my behavior but I will do what I can for my country, come what may - come early death or glorious victory."
    "I volounteer to join such a raid. Nobility obliges me to do so. And I do so willingly."
    Eris sheds a tear that wets the maroon scarf around his neck.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-06 at 05:14 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Selv's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Durham, UK

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Atticus (Trenches)

    ((No worries. I've been over the top and come back a dozen times. No worries.))
    Quickly replacing his normal cap with the uniform helmet, Atticus hurries to keep up with the miles as they start climbing the trench. He hurries partly in the hope of getting clean away from the trench edge and any Milonian rifle-sights- but also partly in the hope that concentrating on the ladder rungs will conceal the fear that amounts to an almost physical nausea.

    Once on top, he'll try to find the first piece of cover and assess the level of danger.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Gaius

    Sliding over the side of the trench, his eyes darting across no-mans land for areas of cover even a crater deep enough to shield him from enemy eyes, Gaius follows the Miles. Using his rifle, he starts pointing out the scant bits of cover he can see, and directing the miles toward them.
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    No Man's Land
    There is an eerie silence across no-man's-land as the miles creep fowards. You come over a low rise, and the canvas of the aeropteros' wings come into view. The area is dotted with small ridges and shell holes. It has taken a rough landing, but the structure is mainly intact.

    Cato
    "We really should be getting back to your trench. I'd like to meet the rest of your officers."

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Ilane

    "Let us go back then, unfortunatley im still unfamiliar with this rabbits warren's maze of trenches. Lead the way sir."

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Gaius

    Scampering over to the Aeroptreos in a crouch, Gaius is going to clear away any debris covering the cockpit and check on the pilot.
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Selv's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Durham, UK

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Atticus (No man's land)

    Whispered to the miles "Keep an eye out for the enemy." Atticus looks for the nose of the aeropteros, where the engine and instrumentation are.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Eris comes with and does his best to conceal himself, but his main effort is in scanning for targets.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Sangius nods his head and follows Ilane out.
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Cato
    Cato quite quickly reaches your trench, only to find it more or less deserted, manned by a few miles.

    "Where the hell is everybody?"

    No Man's Land
    The pilot is unconcious, his flight suit stained red with blood and a broken shard of metal is piercing his chest. The aeropteros has broken into three parts; bits of the cockpit and the pilot are in the centre, along with the double-wings; the tail of the craft has broken off about five metres back. Finally, the very end of the plane, front of the cockpit, the propellor and autogun have been thrown forwards and landed into a shell hole someway forwards.

    The miles start taking up position around the plane, scanning the horizon for any sign of motion in the darkness.
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-08 at 04:47 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    "Either of you two a medic? I've found the pilot, but I don't wanna move him until he's stabilized."

    Gaius is going to quickly check the pilot's pulse before moving back to let someone else at him.

    "What should we be draggin back Atticus?"
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Selv's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Durham, UK

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Atticus No Man's land

    Atticus is just brushing loose dirt from the engine block when his fingers run into a large, triangular scrap of skin and flesh. He spits a Rean curseword in hushed tones, realising the grim position of the pilot for the first time.

    "I don't know anything about medecine. Eris, can you help him? I have a closure device, but I... I can't be sure it's safe. I'm not a healer. If we only had the centurion here!"


    "Looks like we'll be carrying him back. Then there's the gun, the engine block-"
    the skinny man pushes at it, trying to gauge the weight of it- "I don't think we'll be able to take back what's in the cockpit. I guess we'll smash as much as we can, if there's time, to stop Milly getting his hands on it."

    "Can the pilot tell us if there was anything else in the 'plane? I'd hate to leave the cargo or something."


    Assuming the pilot can't answer questions, and someone can do better than his use of the wand, he'll quickly examine the tail section and the ground nearby, looking for any cargo or other parts of the aeropteros that might have been thrown clear.
    Last edited by Selv; 2007-11-08 at 05:44 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Sangius addresses the soldier closest to him "Where did the group of people who were waiting here go?"
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Ilane

    Seeing both the Commander as well as Sangius ask she see's no point in asking and meerly strides to the edge of the trench and peers out.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Trench
    "Tribune Octavius' orders are to recover a downed aeropteros in no-man's-land. They left a good ten minutes ago, sir."

    As he hears this, Cato's face goes pale. Under his breath, the keen-eared may be able to hear:

    "Sweet Mars preserve him when I..."

    No Man's Land
    The engine is heavy, but you think that you can drag it slowly. The autogun is bulky, but quite carriable. The pilot, on the other hand, is heavy and bulky, and the shard of metal in his chest seem fairly serious.

    You find a battered instrument panel with a pad of paper nailed to it. Scrawled across the paper is observations about the movements of Milonian troops in a rough handwriting. In the cockpit, apparently dropped by the pilot is a revolver, but it is in a bad way. The pilot stirs, and for a moment seems to be awaking, but he quickly resumes his slumber.

    A gunshot cracks the night.

    A soldier collapses backwards.

    Dark red spreads out across his tunic as he falls backwards into the mud.
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-09 at 04:54 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    "This is not good"

    Reaching into the cockpit, he's going to grab the pilot and yank him out, not worrying about being careful, before reaching back in to grab the note.

    "Atticus, I don't know what you want to try saving but you better get your ass in gear. Anyone got that teline set-up? We could you some cover fire."
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    There is a glint of a bayonet over the lip of one of the shell-holes. You are clearly outnumbered. One of the miles dives for cover behind the plane, the other makes a dash towards his wounded friend.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Ilane

    "Sweet Mars preserve us.

    Sangius with me! Cato no offence but you stay here.
    "

    With this she will mutter a few words casting a spell on herself [casting entropic shield] Then vault the top of the trench and sprint towards where she heard the gunshot. [Running 4x normal movement.]

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Exeson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Behind You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    With a curse Sangius mutters some words and makes some motions with his hands. A faint shimmering appears around his body. Without a word he follows Ilane, keeping pace with her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OCC: Casting mage armour and then running to keep up with Ilane
    Avatar by JenZee
    Sigatar by Me

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Spoiler about post and Eris' equipment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm laying in a few obvious actions I would have taken as you've gotten a bit ahead of me and hoping it is ok.
    Note: Eris doesn't normally equip his rifle after I got the wands. The wands are bound to his wrists with pieces of string and held up his sleeve by some tape when he's not in combat. I'm not sure how useful a rifle would be to him after I got him wands. :D It's just slung over his back.



    Eris had just finished laying the teline when his comrade checked the man's pulse and asked someone else to take over.
    Stepping over to the man Eris uses the light cure wand in his right hand and activates a charge on the pilot, then again. He tries to help the wounded pilot get out if he is stuck when at this point one of the miles is shot and someone asks about comms. "No comms, that was just a line."

    Pushing the wounded pilot ahead of him (or casting another cure if he is still looking bad) Eris turns around, and fires a 'sleep' charge from his off-hand wand.


    Wand Info&Rolls

    Spoiler
    Show
    I already made this post so I'll just have to let GM Zafuel roll for me. Thanks.

    The healing wand casts are automatic successes since Eris is a ranger.
    The 'sleep wand' is +9 (+3 for a skill feat in UMD (I changed it before tangled web disabled the char sheets I am attempting to reconstruct] +4 ranks and +2 charisma).
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-11-13 at 09:33 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Selv's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Durham, UK

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Atticus (Plane)

    Behind his moustache, Atticus goes pale. His jump to action belies his fear.
    "Leave the engine, it'll slow us down to much."

    Seeing Gaius and Eris in action, and having the notepad and pilot between them, he gets the attention of the miles. When he speaks it's in a parody of the accent found among aristocratic officers- but he's not quite able to keep the nerves from ruining his attempt at light-heartedness.

    "Time we were retreating in good order, don't you think, chaps? Ulysis! Grab the autogun if you can. Tillius! Is that man alive?"

    Atticus moves to cover while shouting this, hoping to deny the approaching soldiers a clear line of sight. He arms his rifle while looking around to see where everyone is, preparing to make a run for it but unwilling to leave anyone behind- or at least, anyone living.

    Spoiler
    Show
    That is, Attiucs will try to use the miles actual names- I randomly selected Ulysis to be the miles taking cover and Tilius to be the one trying to help the one who has been shot (Augurius).

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    No Man's Land
    Ulysis makes a run for the autogun just as two Milonians rise over the lip of a shell-hole, carrying a semi-portable autogun between them. A sudden burst of fire hits him, and he drops to the ground.

    Milonians are scrambling over the lips of shell-holes everywhere now, you count at least twenty.

    ""Where the hell are they all coming from?" cries Tillius as he pulls Augurius towards a nearby shell hole.

    There comes another gun shot, and Atticus feels his shoulder erupt in pain as he runs to cover, then go numb.

    The Milonians are now steadying rifles at the plane and those sheltering behind it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Injury check for Atticus, please.


    Trench

    "Are you out of your mind! It was a trap; we knew they wanted to capture one of our officers, but they didn't want to risk a raid. Why the hell didn't Ocatvius read the memo?"

    He pauses, then turns to Illane:

    "I'm going to get the soldiers armed; we need to get our people out of there. Hold on for just a second."
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-10 at 09:19 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    "Get him out of here, I'm going to try and by you guys some time." Gaius yells, pushing the pilot towards Eris.

    Grabbing the sword of his back, he lets out an unearthly howl and charges towards the two carrying the autogun.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Rage and then move 30 feet towards the two milonians with the autogun.
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Ilane

    "Cato, you get the trench ready then, if i don't go now, i'll lose those men i came in with. And you will lose half your century. I'm going.

    Sangius with me!
    "

    With this she will ignore any futher protests from Cato and sprint towards the gun shots. If she comes into view of enemy autofire, cast a Summon Monster III.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Selv's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Durham, UK

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Spoiler
    Show
    Injury roll in ambush at the aeropteros. (1d20+5=19)
    If I understanhd the rules, that would mean I'd have to have taken 16 damage or more to be 'hit'. I'll write assuming it's a flesh wound, and go back to edit it if I failed.

    Seems like it might be important, so:
    Initiative (1d20+7=20)

    Atticus finds himself sitting down in the mud behind a chunk of the aeropteros, looking at his shoulder with disbelief. Mind every bit as numb as his arm, he flexes it tentatively. It seems his field-armour turned the bullet, tearing the uniform cloth and bruising his shoulder like a hammer-blow.

    Thought starts to seep back into his mind, and he scans the surroundings, looking for a route of escape that won't mean dodging a hail of gunfire. Gaius' shout startles him back to full alertness.
    "Are you crazy? Get down! We're overwhelmed!"

    Switching to a desperate Milonian, Atticus says "Wait! Who's in command here?"

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: All Quiet on the Aeolan Line

    Atticus shrugs off the damage for now.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Can everyone make intiative checks in the OOC, please?


    As far as you can tell, they're are seven shell-holes occupied by Milonian soldiers, with rifles starting to appear. Further foward is the autogun team.
    Last edited by Zafuel; 2007-11-10 at 01:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •