New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hexblade Patron ideas

Quote Originally Posted by DracoKnight View Post
    Quenching the blade of the Silver Sword in blood (preferably Githzerai, but he’ll take what he can get) gives your patron just enough power to manifest a psychic projection that can interact with the material world.
    Also an interesting idea. My character wouldn't actually be wielding the Silver Sword itself. It's his patron, and in terms of power it's an artifact-level weapon. But his pact weapon would be a psychic manifestation of it, so... close enough.

I confess my first instinct was simply to swap out this entire feature with something else that fit better, but this discussion has produced some workable ideas to re-skin/re-flavor the Accursed Specter feature so that it fits the character concept. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
    HEY, WTF HAPPENED TO MY AVATAR?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Hexblade Patron ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Falconcry View Post
    Not really sure if mine fits the lore.

My level 1 dwarf paladin was seduced by a warlock who had him strapped to a table about to finish a ritual to her patron by taking his head with an axe.

As she swung at his neck an adventuring party burst in and killed her. The blade grazed his throat with a small cut but took his beard one inch below the jaw. The beard and some blood was imbued into the axe which the party took with them when dropping him off at a healer.

Now my paladin has eldritch blast, lightning lure, expeditious retreat and shield along with the hexblade's curse.

He has maxed his Charisma but has a -3 penalty with dwarves, who treat him like a teenager.

Now to find that party and retrieve the bit of his life force in the blade. Seeing how close he came he has embraced wine, woman and song (light/beauty) and taken the Ancients Oath.

So guess that makes the blade itself the patron? Or am I just fooling myself that her patron is behind the scenes?
    I absolutely love this and I’m going to adopt it into a future character.