New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Kenku Rogue/Cleric roleplay

Hi everyone,

Here's my weird idea for a new character i'm going to play soon.
    We start level 11, the character is setup like this :
    Rogue 3 (Mastermind)/ Cleric 8 (Order domain)
    BG: Smuggler
    A quirk i'd like for him to have is to lie first, then maybe go for the truth or lie again, not sure, situational anyway.
    Feat : Crossbow expert (gonna rock that hand crossbow)
    Stat with bonuses (and ASI) : STR 13; Dex 14 18; Cons 11; Intel 13; Wis 19; Cha 14

This is, Kenku is a race that learn to speak by copying what they've heard. So it's possible some words he just never heard and he can't really use words he heard in another clever way. (something like that)

I'd like ideas on how to play this part.

I'm going to lookup some catchy quotes from famous smugglers, but besides Han Solo, i unfortunatly don't have much reference to use for this, so any ideas toward that end would be appreciated too.

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Sirithhyando; 2020-01-16 at 08:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kenku Rogue/Cleric roleplay

One thing I'd do, is when the DM is talking about an NPC talking, remind the DM (after they're done talking) that as a Kenku you're listening to potentially use the person's voice later.

I play a Level 7 Kenku Rogue that I enjoy playing. And the voice mimic thing has come in handy quite a few times, especially if I overhear some leader while in Shadows; to use their words later to disorient others. ;)
    Need a character origin written? Enjoyed what I wrote? How can you help me? Not required, but appreciated! <3

Check out my 5e The Secret of Havenfall Manor or my character back stories over at DMsGuild.com! (If you check it out - please rate, comment, and tell others!)

Subscribe to my D&D Channel on Youtube! (Come by and Sub)