New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default 3.P - TO - How could one turn an Artifact into a creature?

The plan is to use a neurocam to yoink the sentience from the few artifacts described as having it that do not also have the accompanying Int Magic Item stats.

But to do that they have to first be creatures.

Some of these are actual trapped souls, some are malign intelligences, others are just described as sentient but with an exceedingly specific modus operandi.

Copy pasting their minds into blank clone bodies sounds like a very cool very safe and very good idea. Should be fun.

Making artifacts into creatures probably has other uses as well that I just havnt gotten around to figuring out yet too.

Ideas I have so far,
    Wish -> improve magic item -> add Figurine of Wondrous Power abilities or Int Magic Item stats

Improve them using PF technology which is priced just like magic items but is exllicitly nonmagical.

Find a spell or class ability or monster superpower that will just animate a magical substance or magic item that also doesnt exclude artifacts.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2020-01-18 at 02:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: 3.P - TO - How could one turn an Artifact into a creature?

A series of Wishes.

First, Wish that all of your Wishes from now onw cannot be twisted in intent, and are executed exactly as you intended.

Second, Wish your Artifact into Creature shennanigans happens.

Third, ?????

Fourth, PROFIT!!!
    I Am A: Neutral Good Half-Orc Fighter/Barbarian (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-13

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'd start with "be an epic caster" and then "craft an epic golem". Or use some epic spell.

By Raw items with a caster level of 21+ are considered artifacts if I'm not mistaken. So you could theoretically buff you CL into epics and then craft a golem using your full caster level on used spells. However there was some kind of rule about a max price of the item you can craft pre-epic, as well as the total bonus not surpassing +10. Have to check.

Or you could give an item a permanent Dominate Monster spell it can use.
    Last edited by Asmotherion; 2020-01-21 at 08:38 AM.

Please visit and review my System.
    Generalist Sorcerer

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

As some artifacts are Intelligent Magic Items and Intelligent Magic Items are Constructs adding Intelligence to an artifact could work.

Perhaps choosing an artifact as your Weapon of Legacy and imbuing it with intelligence that way?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asmotherion View Post
    Well, I'd start with "be an epic caster" and then "craft an epic golem". Or use some epic spell.

By Raw items with a caster level of 21+ are considered artifacts if I'm not mistaken. So you could theoretically buff you CL into epics and then craft a golem using your full caster level on used spells. However there was some kind of rule about a max price of the item you can craft pre-epic, as well as the total bonus not surpassing +10. Have to check.

Or you could give an item a permanent Dominate Monster spell it can use.
    IIRC items with CL>20 are epic, so you'd need the epic item creation feat via either being epic yourself or dragonwrought cheese.
    The epic restrictions don't exist in Pathfinder, though, besides the max +5 armor/weapon enhancement bonus, so depending on how OP's version of 3.P is ruled, that might not be an obstacle.
    Last edited by Kaiwen; 2020-01-23 at 08:15 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

I wonder if true mind switch would work.
    My first thought was polymorph any object. But magic items cannot be affected.
    If a soul is tied to it, I would see about extracting the soul itself and attaching it to a different body. That should be doable.
    Trap the soul on it maybe?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

March of the Machines Animate Objects? So long as the material used to make the artefacts isn't itself magical (no riverine) you should be good.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mongobear View Post
    First, Wish that all of your Wishes from now onw cannot be twisted in intent, and are executed exactly as you intended.
    Unless your DM twists this wish, which you’re practically inviting them to.