New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Default Vex Tri-Balon - The Character

Heyo All! Thanks for coming, and reading the post! Having people view my stuff makes me excited, especially because I'm new here!

Anyway, I'm here to talk about my character (I'll get to Thorn later,) Vex Tri-Balon.

I joined the DND club at my school, but I got in late because of Marching Band. The group is playing the Lost Mines of Phandelver. We have 2 Dwarf Clerics, 1 High Elf Wizard, and yours truly.

I am Vex Tri-Balon (I'll be saying that name a lot, lol.) A 4th level Paladin of the Grim Hunt. I try to unveil the light, by burning the curtains of evil. He is known as "The Beastmaster," Because of his natural affinity to nature, (I'll talk about that later.) Vex is kinda like a holy barbarian: He SLAUGHTERS the evil of the world. He will rid it by brute force, and if that doesn't work, he uses more brute force.

He believes that by destroying evil, the world will be in perfect balance. He refuses to admit the real reason why he does things: To atone for his people. He was born during an Orcish raid, and his first sight was his mother's skull being crushed by a barrage of stones. Later, some monks from a nearby settlement found him, and took him under their wing.

Vex suffers from incredible brain trauma, from falling buildings, and from the horrors he saw during war. This is what fuels the crusade. A desperate attempt to right the wrongs done by his people, and others (Trolls, Giants, Dragons, Ogres, Liches, etc.)

Vex admires nature. Its ability to stand up for itself, and the grace in which how it does it. Its lack of mercy. Above all things, Vex respects the power of nature, and considers them to be equal with him. He is known as "The Beastmaster", because of this natural affinity. I have 3 pets: A Worg, A Wolf, and An Owlbear. I am considering multiclassing in Ranger to be able to partially reason for this.

My DM doesn't understand that he is making us too overpowered. I have these ideas, and I am trying to keep myself in check. He gives us FULL PARTY REVIVES on the regular. (The Worg is an evolution from a past wolf, its alignment is not evil)

I know that I'm going to have OP things, and I just don't want people to think I'm trying to "God-Mod" myself. I talk to my DM on the regular about this.

Also, feel free to comment ideas on roleplaying, or anything else. Also just feel free to ask questions about Vex.

This is Vex Tri-Balon, and Welcome to my world.
    Last edited by ThornTheDruid; 2020-01-22 at 10:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Vex Tri-Balon - The Character

Heyo everyone! I'm here with another update about Vex!

I need a good name for it, but Vex is making a magic item, it is for sentimental reasons, and just to do extra damage (Cause who doesn't want that?)

It will be called Bonefury, or something of the like. It is a weapon intended to crush the bones of its opponent. He got this from his mother's death - she was crushed.

A few specks of things - Vex is the champion (not avatar,) of Katrana. The perfect mix of good, chaos, and nature.

He has assumed leadership over his party.

Any questions/comments are welcomed.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Vex Tri-Balon - The Character

Hello Vex!

Are you looking for suggestions for the name of your magical weapon? If so, what kind of weapon is it, a sword, a mace, a glaive? "Bone-Fury" sounds more like a sword-kind of weapon, for example, while "Bone-Cracker" sounds more like a mace, "Bone-Render" like a glaive, and "De-Bone-Air" like a rapier or bow.

Enjoy the game & the DnD club!