New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Light domain theurgy wizard

I am currently building a light domain theurgy wizard, and I am confused by one the abilities. At level 7 I gain the power to augment spells with additional spell slots. I can't find any information on how it works, could someone try to explain it to me? Thanks for any help

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Light domain theurgy wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daelic27 View Post
    I am currently building a light domain theurgy wizard, and I am confused by one the abilities. At level 7 I gain the power to augment spells with additional spell slots. I can't find any information on how it works, could someone try to explain it to me? Thanks for any help
    I believe there's some confusion here. Wizard don't gain any subclass features at 7th level.

And its Lore Wizard that can augment spells at 6th level, not Theurge. At 6th level, a Theurge gets the 1st level Domain benefits (but not any armor or weapon proficiencies).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

There very well maybe some confusion. The app I am using for my characters provided me with the information about the augments.

This is my current character build "Human Features:
    • One extra skill proficiency of your choosing
    • One bonus feat of your choosing
    Sage Feature:
    • You frequently know where to find information concerning lore
    Wizard Features:
    • Regain half your level (min 1) worth of spell slots during a short rest (once per day)
    • Elemental Adept: Your spells that deal one of acid/cold/fire/lightning/thunder ignore resistance, and you can treat rolled 1s as 2s for those spells
    Divine Domain: Light
    Whenever you can add a spell into your spellbook, you can copy a spell from your god's domain, or if you have already copied all of them, any cleric spell. Other wizards cannot copy these spells.
    You can use Channel Arcana
    You can use additional spell slots to augment your spells
    First Level: You can do an extra 2d10 force damage against all targets on the first turn they take damage.
    Second Level: If a spell has a range of 30' it is increased to 1 mi.
    Third Level: The saving throw DC of the spell is increased by 2." Any additional information is greatly appreciated

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah that's....

The Theurge and Lore Wizard were both from Unearthed Arcana. That's playtest material from WOTC, that's what they put out for people to beta test to see if it'll become official content.

Whatever you're reading? Its not from WOTC. I'm unsure what the app is, or where you got it. But its not the 'real' Theurge or Lore Wizard.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

I knew they were from UA, I might have had bad files. That's why I was looking for help, to make sure I built this character the right way

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daelic27 View Post
    I knew they were from UA, I might have had bad files. That's why I was looking for help, to make sure I built this character the right way
    https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/d...uav2_i48nf.pdf Lore Wizard (after the Warlock stuff)

https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/d...zardVF2017.pdf Theurge