New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

Default Caster classes: 12 possible combinations of source, preparedness and attribute used

In the core wizards prepare arcane spells and rely on INT, divine casters prepare spells and rely on WIS, and spontaneous arcane casters rely on CHA. Later supplements added other combinations. I am interested in finding examples for as many of the 12 possible combinations of (spontaneous\prepared, divine\arcane, INT\WIS\CHA) as possible in the published material.

Primary attribute should be the one that is necessary to have at sufficiently high level to cast the spell, not the ones which determine bonus spells per day or save DC.

Results so far
    prepared divine INT:Archivist
    prepared divine WIS: Cleric and many others
    prepared divine CHA:???
    spontaneous divine INT: ???
    spontaneous divine WIS: Spirit Shaman
    spontaneous divine CHA: Favourite Soul and others
    prepared arcane INT: Wizard and many others
    prepared arcane WIS: ???
    prepared arcane CHA: Sha'ir
    spontaneous arcane INT: Beguiler and others
    spontaneous arcane WIS: ???
    spontaneous arcane CHA: Sorcerer and many others.

If someone can help me with the missing combinations I am very interested. Unusual combinations (e.g. Rainbow Servant prestige class arguably turning any arcane spellcaster into divine spellcaster) are welcome, but ideally I would like to find at least one class which grants a missing option first and explore combinations second

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Caster classes: 12 possible combinations of source, preparedness and attribute us

Tainted Sorcerer (and, similarly, Tainted Scholar and Maho Bujin) cast off Taint, which is like being a Wisdom-based arcane caster.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Caster classes: 12 possible combinations of source, preparedness and attribute us

You might find this helpful: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=8768.0

The Dark Hunter is the only one I know off-hand that fills a gap on your list, but I'm sure there are others.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

AFB, but I seem to recall the urban druid in Dragon Compendium being odd. Prepared divine CHA, maybe?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The only arcane caster I am aware of that casts of Wis is Dark Hunter: it is a spontaneous caster.

[edit] Already mentioned [/edit]