New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy (Windurst)

Kaaya

Kaaya holds up her hands to show that she isn't holding a weapon, but she stays tense as if expecting the worst. She repeats the words "Friends" as Segomo trys to talk down the cardians.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Seeing what his companions do, Pushmi Pullyu drops his longspear onto the ground.

"We are friends-bends! We heard that there-where are problems here, and come to see-wee if we can help-welp."
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show
    Giant freaking robots:Long Yi & Xeku Grenadier
    Vana'diel: The Final Fantasy: Pushmi Pullyu

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

"MaNa¤OrBs?!¤ThE¤mAnA¤oRbS¤bElOnG¤tO¤cArDiAnS! ¤" the lead cardian replies. The others seem to be getting restless, and shake slightly in place, but they don't move forward. Instead, the lead one speaks again, "If¤YoU¤fOuNd¤AnOtHeR¤cArDiAn,¤AnD¤iF¤yOu¤ArE¤cArD iAnS'¤fRiEnDs,¤yOu¤MuSt¤TaKe¤Us¤To¤HiM¤iMmEdIATelY !"

4. - Top - End - #274

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya looks back and forth between her two friends and replies, "Well seems like we're in for a whole family reunion. Let's take them back to the other one."

"As a fair warning, this cardian seemed pretty messed up," Kaaya says looking at the cardians before she heads back to where they found the broke down cardian.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

"Yes let us go and reunite you all."

Segomo allows the cardians to pass him as he guards the back of the group from attacks.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Seeing the cardians are willing to communicate despite seeming to be quite nervous, Pushmi Pullyu asks the lead cardian, "Is there something...real-deal bad-wad that happened to the ruin?
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277

The cardians move ahead to follow the mithra quickly as Kaaya leads them towards the removable wall where they found the other cardian. However, the apparent "leader" of the group does reply to Pushmi Pullyu's question, "RuInS¤aRe¤AnCiEnT! We¤LiVe¤HeRe. We¤ArE¤nOt¤LiKe¤ThE¤cArDiAnS¤aBoVe! JoKeR¤hAs¤ShOwN¤uS¤a¤NeW¤pAtH!!"

It doesn't take long to arrive back at the section of wall, which is the same as it was before, illluminated by a light rune. The cardians move forward to the section of wall, and stare at it, then the leader quickly turns back to face the three of you.

"OpEn¤ThIs¤At¤OnCe!" he commands.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Segomo bounces forward, cracks his knuckles and pulls the wall open.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength:(1d20+3)[16]
    Strength:(1d20+3)[13]

9. - Top - End - #279

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

After the response from the lead cardian to Pushmi's question Kaaya wonders a little bit about the intentions of these rogue cardians. she makes sure that when the door is opened that she is in between these new cardians and the one inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive:(1d20+2)[15]

10. - Top - End - #280

Kaaya's results
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though it's somewhat difficult for Kaaya to read the intentions of magical automatons, their words seem sincere--the cardians are behaving in a manner consistant with the fact that they do not trust you, and are quite willing to fight you if need be, but are not necessarily looking for a fight. Their concern for their comrade, at any rate, seems genuine.

As Segomo opens the wall section, the cardian that was inside immediately falls forward, as if it had been leaning on this piece of stone. Two of the cardians (not the one who had spoken, but one to each side of him) jolt forward and extend their limbs, their staves floating to the side slightly as if manipulated by some mystic force other than the cardians' actual grips. The two cardians catch their badly damaged comrade as it falls forward, sputtering something incomprehensible.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Segomo leans forward to look at the fallen cardian. "Is he ok?"

12. - Top - End - #282

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya is relieved that these cardians had no ill intentions and asks, "What can we do to help?"

13. - Top - End - #283

The "lead" cardian moves between the three of you and the other cardians, turning its body to face you and apparently blocking you off from moving towards their damaged comrade. "LiStEn¤WeLl! YoU¤mUsT¤lEaVe¤ThIs¤PlAcE¤iMmEdIaTeLy. BeCaUsE¤yOu¤HeLpEd¤Us¤FiNd¤FoUr,¤We¤WiLl¤AlLoW¤yOu ¤TO¤LEAvE¤uNhArMeD¤tHiS¤tImE. BuT¤oNlY¤iF¤yOu¤LeAvE¤tHeSe¤RuInS¤aT¤oNcE! If¤YoU¤fAiL¤tO¤cOmPlY, wE¤wIlL¤bE¤fOrCeD¤tO¤uSe¤MoRe¤AgGrEsSiVe¤MeAsUrEs! " The cardian follows up, shaking its quarterstaff in your direction, "AnD¤tElL¤yOuR¤mAsTeRs,¤ThE¤cArDiAnS¤oF¤tHe¤CuPs,¤ BaToNs,¤SwOrDs,¤AnD¤cOiNs¤ArE¤sErVaNtS¤tO¤wInDuRsT ¤nO¤lOnGeR!"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Segomo scratches his head and gets a confused look on his face. He turns to look at Kaaya and P and makes sure they see that he is confused and doesn't know what to do.

15. - Top - End - #285

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya looks at her confused friend and says, "Maybe we should return to the city and give those there this message. I don't know, what do you think P?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I can't remember what we were here for in the first place and I'm too lazy too look back through the posts....what were we here for?

16. - Top - End - #286

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your mission was to investigate this tower and see if there was anything wrong with the magical gizmos located here. You have discovered a cracked gizmo and several broken ones deeper in, as well as the rogue cardians, goblins, and a bomb (monster).

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Eventhough he had never fought one, just seeing the cardians' sheer size and numbers, Pushmi Pullyu knows that the problem can't be solved by brute force. Stepping forward and tilting his head up, he speaks to the lead cardian.

"Something or someone-anyone attacked the ruins? You four-tour are the cup, baton, sword, and coin? We need-heed to know that before we-me can leave."
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

"I¤aM¤tHrEe! ThE¤tHrEe¤Of¤SwOrDs. ThEy¤ArE¤aLsO¤tHrEeS," the cardian informs Pushmi Pullyu, gesturing towards his companions, "aSiDe¤FrOm¤FoUr,¤WhO¤iS¤bAdLy¤DaMaGeD. MaNy¤DiFfErEnT¤pEoPlE¤cOmE¤hErE. gObLiN. yAguDo. TaRuTaRu. BuT¤rUiNs¤BeLoNg¤To¤CaRdIaNs¤NoW! sO¤yOu¤LeAvE!" the construct seems to be stressing the last point more strongly this time, its melodic voice hitting a sour tone as it thrusts its quarterstaff in your direction in what could be interpreted as anger.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

"Ok well I guess we will leave then. Come on guys" Before he can even let his companions respond, Segomo starts to walk towards the exit of the tower.

20. - Top - End - #290

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya follows her large companion, wondering what might have caused these cardians to become so aggressive.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Staring into Three of Swords for one last time, Pushmi Pullyu turns and follow Segomo and Kayaa out.
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Once Segomo leaves the tower, he turns to face his companions. "That was weird, right? I don't know much about those cardians, but I think that was weird. Was it weird P?"

23. - Top - End - #293

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya chimes in, "I'm new the these gear-people too, but that sure seemed odd" She waits to see what Pushmi has to say about the subject as she has started veiwing their new frined as the brain behind there little operation.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

"I do notaru know much about them-whem either,"said Pushmi Pullyu as he shakes his head, "I guess we better-netter get back to Windstaru City fast..."
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Segomo nods his head in agreement, and takes the lead as they head back to the city

26. - Top - End - #296

By the time you arrive at the city gates, night has nearly fallen, and the mithran guards who stand outside Leviathan's gate (on the Sarutabaruta side) move forward cautiously as you approach, but seem relieved once they get a better look at you.

"Oh, it's only you adventurrrers from before," one of them says, nodding you on. "Rough time out there?"

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Pushmi Pullyu

Pushmi Pullyu actually wants to answer "bad" to the guard, but realizing that what they had discover might be something real big, the lesser the number people know it, the better.

"Yes-mess, rougher than expected-detected. Do you know would Minister Apururu still-will be in office at such-much hours?
    Character sheets

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kaaya

Kaaya decides to let Pushmi do the talking and stays uncharacteristically quiet as they enter the city.

29. - Top - End - #299

The mithra tilts her head slightly quizzically, her comrade folding her arms as the first one replies, The minister Apurrru...Apururrrrr...Aprrru...erm," the mithran guard cuts off her reply briefly to mutter something that was probably inappropriate about tarutaru names, provoking a chuckle and an amused expression from the second guard. The first shakes her head and quickly manages to get her act together long enough to reply again, "I do believe the ministerrr keeps working late into the night. You should be able to catch herrr at the Manustery."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Segomo

Segomo nods to the guards. "Thanks"

Segomo heads through the gates towards the Manustery