New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Zenith Watch #4: A Miracle of Science

A few days have passed.
    Talks about the Megalopolis Miracle are dying out. The authorities are still on the lookout for the Adrians or Dr Tycho, though neither has made a bleep since their disappearance. That said, the FBSA was quite thankful that you prevented Miracle from falling in Shadow's hands.
    Despite the relative lack of information, the story has gotten you some extra attention. Enough for Omni-News to practically drag Doublethink to a live interviews:
    "Good evening. This is Omni-News; I'm Kim Sansom, and here with us is Doublethink, leader of the Zenith Watch.
    Doublethink, since the revival of the Zenith Watch a couple months ago, your group has been particularly active and succesful. You've saved Megalopolis from grave harm not once but twice, foiled very important plots of Shadow, and even faced Madman himself. That's a rather impressive record for a group that has been around for such a short time. Tell me, how is it that you always manage to be at the right place at the right time?"

((I've been waiting two years for this. That scene was a vision Doublethink got back when you agreed to become the Zenith Watch.
    Anyway...This chapter looks pretty much done. I'm ready to move on to "Issue #5: Enter the Millenium Masters" when you guys are.))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'm good to go. Do we have a link?))
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

3. - Top - End - #363

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    ((I'm good to go. Do we have a link?))
    ((Not yet - I will post the link here as soon as the new thread is up. Waiting for the signal from you guys at this point.))

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Ready to move on as well. Glad that one of DT's visions was cleared up! Can't believe its been two years already.... !))

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Beeeeeeeep!

Huh. Seems like all signals are GO! (insert theme song music, etc.)

Two years?! Wow!

Oh, and I've started drawing that Zenith Watch comic. I've decided to retool the one I wrote and start with the origin of EA and DT, all in one issue (ie: DT finds EA, who's discovered with the energy gem and no memories).
    My art's getting better!

After this issue I think I'll add another PC each one (maybe two). I still want all the clones, as that part was cool; and the mind-monkeys. Heh. Still, I want to keep it simple, so drawing it won't be crazy.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, it's already been two years? Nice, hope there'll be plenty more years to come

Yea, I'm good to go, just haven't gotten online much lately so I haven't been around. Let's do this thing!
    Awesome Eagle Owl by Abardam.
    Looking for a player for a M&M game? Drop me a PM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

I just watched The Hulk; also Journey to the Center of the Earth

both good films. JttCE DVD has a 3D option on one issuing. It came with 3D glasses!!!
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368

((Sorry for the long silence; was ill all of last week.
    Will probably start issue #5 soon, but I'd like to have presence confirmation from mucetebu, as DT's going to be playing a vital role here. And life signs from Dorni would be nice...))

"...and that's how they ended up with Tycho on the run, and Miracle under Checkerboard's protection."
    "I see. And I think I've figured out agent White's secret..."
    "You would, wouldn't you? But that's just a detail. The really important bit...they missed it. Even Checkmate didn't notice at the time. But something important had happened - something on a far bigger scale than anything Shadow could come up with."
    "Right. Funny how those unintended side effects work..."
    "Tell me about it."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

*Lightning Flashes*

Hes Alive! Hes Aliiive!

Looks like I picked a good time to come back to the OotS forums . I'm going to have to do some reading to catch up on everything that happened this chapter, but its good to be back.
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

10. - Top - End - #370

((Yay! Now we just need a lifesign from mucetebu.
    Seriously, glad to see you back, Dorni.))

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

so, uh, how long shall we wait?

Ironic coming from me, I guess.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2009-02-02 at 02:20 AM.
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by Dorni View Post
    so, uh, how long shall we wait?

Ironic coming from me, I guess.
    I, er, am kinda waiting on mucetebu. This scenario can't really work without Doublethink, and I'm not comfortable NPCing him for this...

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have returned!

Wow, I feel like a jerk for not coming here earlier. I've tried coming back here for the past four weeks, but each time I tried I couldn't access it for various server problems. I'm ready to go now, though. Link please?

"Good evening. This is Omni-News; I'm Kim Sansom, and here with us is Doublethink, leader of the Zenith Watch.
    Doublethink, since the revival of the Zenith Watch a couple months ago, your group has been particularly active and succesful. You've saved Megalopolis from grave harm not once but twice, foiled very important plots of Shadow, and even faced Madman himself. That's a rather impressive record for a group that has been around for such a short time. Tell me, how is it that you always manage to be at the right place at the right time?"
    Doublethink blinks, taken a little by surprise. The words were familiar, he knew why. He had foreseen this conversation, how he still did not know. He spends some time reminiscing before coming back into the present.

He shrugs and smiles. "Luck? Providence? My brilliant leadership? Take your pick."

I still wanted to answer "Google."
    No! I know it's funny, but I don't want anyone thinking about me!
    I still think you're paranoid.
    Last edited by mutecebu; 2009-02-07 at 08:56 PM.
    "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

14. - Top - End - #374

"I see." Kim grins. "Well, given how important your group has become lately, we were wondering what you could tell us about the Zenith Watch."

((And, more importantly: Issue #5 begins!