New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Zenith Watch #4: A Miracle of Science

Eagle Owl nods to both mother and child as the others get up and make their exit. "Which part of the city is the address in?"

((Lack of time spent with the computer + general lazyness = much apologies due))
    Awesome Eagle Owl by Abardam.
    Looking for a player for a M&M game? Drop me a PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Eagle Owl nods to both mother and child as the others get up and make their exit. "Which part of the city is the address in?"

((Lack of time spent with the computer + general lazyness = much apologies due))
    "Can't be too far if they're in the same school district" says agent White as he checks the address. "Should be a matter of minutes to get there with the Zenicopter."

((Understood, but let's try to pick up the pace. My apologies if this chapter hasn't had much action so far, but let me assure you, that will change soon enough, now that you're getting so much closer to your query.))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nightbane

"To the Zenicopter!" Zach shouted, running off to it like a child with a piece of candy.

4. - Top - End - #94

((So, do you all head toward the Adrian household?))

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Yep, tally ho!))

6. - Top - End - #96

((Tally ho then.))

On the way to the Adrian residence, Bravado muses out loud: "So...The entropy-reverser is actually a little girl? I never would have guessed. But it kind of makes sense, no?"
    "What do you mean?" asks the journalist.
    "Well, we were wondering about the hospital thing. If whoever was using this power wanted to keep it a secret, the hospital stunt was way too public. On the other hand, if they did want to act publicly, why the mystery? But if it's a kid...Well, maybe she just didn't know better?"
    "A viable theory" says White.

Doublethink's research via datalink about the Adrian household yields some data. Kathy is the seven year-old daughter of Marty and Laura Adrian ((a no-prize to whoever gets the obscure reference)). Laura's a secretary at a small accounting firm - in fact, DT vaguely recognizes her as someone who used to go to the same church as him several years ago (apparently, until she got married to Marty and moved to another part of town). Marty was an elementary school teacher until his death from cancer, a few weeks prior to Kathy's birth. The family, while above the poverty line, seems to be struggling to make ends meet.
    There isn't that much online data on Kathy herself. School records suggest a mostly normal seven year-old girl. Perhaps a bit smart and tomboyish.
    Jane also informs DT that a missile has been launched at the Zenicopter from the ground and will hit in 0.093 seconds.

The explosion doesn't destroy the Zenicopter. In fact, it doesn't even breach the hull. But you're guessing it included some kind of EMP or electronic disruption, because your vehicle's systems shut down, and the Zenicopter crashes into the street on its side. "Thank God for seatbelts", mutters the journalist.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Man, I leave you guys alone for a few months and what, you start tormenting mothers! Forsooth! No, sorry for up and disappearing like that. When I’m not in the habbit of posting, I have a moral objection against renewing time-wasting addictions like this :P .))

His eyes light up (not literally)
    ((lol!))

You guys have all the subtlety and tact of Godzilla.
    ((I am Zenith, hear me roar!))

DT vaguely recognizes her as someone who used to go to the same church as him several years ago
    ((Yay, backstory!))

~~~

the Zenicopter crashes into the street on its side. "Thank God for seatbelts", mutters the journalist.
    DT is shaken, but acts quickly. He unbuckles his belt and gets on his feet. He checks his own systems to see if he's ready for combat, if so, he tries to get a door open to surround the fallen chopper with a shield.

((If the door doesn't open, DT forms the barrier inside to guard the passengers then points to the door above him and shouts:
    "Nightbane! Knock out the door!))
    "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

8. - Top - End - #98

((Yay, backstory!))
    ((I figured, hey, why the heck not?))

DT is shaken, but acts quickly. He unbuckles his belt and gets on his feet. He checks his own systems to see if he's ready for combat, if so, he tries to get a door open to surround the fallen chopper with a shield.

((If the door doesn't open, DT forms the barrier inside to guard the passengers then points to the door above him and shouts:
    "Nightbane! Knock out the door!))
    As soon as DT emerges from the Zenicopter, a bullet impacts against the shield he's erected. It almost breaks through - not a regular weapon, obviously enough.
    You think the shot came from a nearby tree. You're only a ten-minute walk away from the Adrian household...

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

EA becomes vapour and pours out from the wreckage next to DT's shield. Huh. Hey, how'd you get... are we being shot at? The nerve! I guess we should go get him, huh? Although, the house is only ten minutes... one sec.

Incorporeal, clour-EA sours towards the source of the shots. He's considering options for Alternate Forms, but is hoping whatever form he takes will include stomping on a sniper.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

DT shouts at the Zenith and their guests inside the chopper:

“EMP-missiles and high-powered riffles. They’re well-equipped.”

DT activates his sensor array and tries to find the enemies.

“Guys, I’m worried about the Adrians. EA, I think you and Owl should fly ahead while we cover you. Nightbane, Gerit, we’ll need an angry volcano and a beast pretty soon. Bravado, I’m not sure what you can do until you can close into melee.”

Jane, be a dear and find out who else might be interested in either hanging near the Adrians or shooting at us. Also, I’ll need to borrow some of your processing power soon.

((When/if I get the enemy locations I’ll try out the Master Plan technique!))
    Last edited by mutecebu; 2008-01-30 at 10:28 AM.
    "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

11. - Top - End - #101

"Wait!" Tony speaks up. "Emerald Agent, before you go, take this." The journalist throws his cell phone to the green hero.

DT's sensor array can't really detect the attackers...But it can detect some wireless communication. It's hard to tell apart hostile communications from those of harmless citizens, but there's definitely something up the three you think the shot came from. A bit like a walky-talky.

12. - Top - End - #102

Nightbane

The sudden shock of the missile hitting the Zenicopter wasn't so bad. Plummeting out of the sky like an armor-plated rock full of juicy treats inside, however, was a little more jarring. Zach leapt from the open door, and landed in front of DT with little effort. His eyes scanned the area, looking for sniper positions. "Come on out and fight in the open, scumbag!" Zach shouted.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

EA catches the phone (barely fumbling at all... hey, he's a doctor (of chemistry) not an outfielder!) and hefts it, getting a feel for it. Ah, good. A cell phone!

with that he soars at top speed to the Adrians' house, in his mist form. In the back of his mind, he thinks I really hope I'm not leaving my friends for nothing!

When he gets tot he house, without stopping, the cloud of fast-flying mist surveys the scene before simply bursting through a window. Adrians! Zenith Watch here to help you, now get down!

ea is on high alert, with no worries about embarassment. He's hoping to draw the fire of any super-baddies int he house.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    EA catches the phone (barely fumbling at all... hey, he's a doctor (of chemistry) not an outfielder!) and hefts it, getting a feel for it. Ah, good. A cell phone!
    with that he soars at top speed to the Adrians' house, in his mist form. In the back of his mind, he thinks I really hope I'm not leaving my friends for nothing!

When he gets tot he house, without stopping, the cloud of fast-flying mist surveys the scene before simply bursting through a window. Adrians! Zenith Watch here to help you, now get down!

ea is on high alert, with no worries about embarassment. He's hoping to draw the fire of any super-baddies int he house.
    ((The stuff before the red asterisks happened. The rest? Not so much. You can't carry a cell phone with you in mist form, remember? Can still fly, though...))

Suddenly, things happen very, very quickly.
    Tony's cell phone emits a powerful electric surge through EA's hand, knocking him to the ground ((Stunned and Staggered)). In a split second, Tony pulls out a gun and shoots an omni-metal tipped bullet at Eagle Owl - it is only by the slimmest of margins that Eagle Owl's quick reactions prevent the bullet from reaching his heart ((Stunned, Bruised, Injured)). In the second that follows, agent White's arms elongate; his hands, moving forward like missiles, catch Tony's hands, slamming them against the Zenicopter's wall (well, it's normally its floor, but right now...) above his head.
    "Ah, I see." Tony doesn't sound worried at all. For that matter, his voice sounds completely different from before. Not a weird voice, just...not the same one as before. "You're not FBI any more than I'm a journalist. Small world, commie."
    "Small world, son of a bitch." While White's expression remains cold, you get the distinct impression there's no lost love between the two, to say the least.
    "Never met her, so I'll take your word for it." 'Tony' smirks. The next instant, he suddenly turns translucent, then slips through White's elongated arms...then through the Zenicopter's hull...he's fully invisible by the time he passes through.

((Intangibility's a bitch, and so are certain plot twists.))

15. - Top - End - #105

Nightbane

Zach spun around in bewilderment, losing the full effect of his growling and generally looking scary. He stared, dumbfounded, at the translucent double-crosser as he seeped away into nothingness. Zach's eyes narrowed and he darted toward the smoking EA.

"Wait, wait, wait... We're getting attacked from the inside now?" he asked to no one in particular. Before anyone could answer, however, he attempted to grab the "FBI" agent and hold him still. Quietly, he whispered into the agent's ear, "FBI eh, comrade?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

EA struggles to throw the cellphone away from himself. Uuungh!
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doublethink

“Hold on, Nightbane; White’s an ally. I’m really worried about the Adrians now, lets get going. Eagle, are you OK? Gerit, you’re fast on your feet; can you try to reach the Adrians? We’ll back you up as soon as we can.”

Jane says into Nightbane’s communicator:
    See that tree? Check it out. Something’s there, but DT doesn’t want to risk shooting blindly in case it’s not the other assailant. Jane uses the holograms to conjure a dot that, from Nightbane’s perspective, singles out the source of the transmissions.

When DT wanted to silently send messages through the communicators Jane usually used her voice; her voice synthesizing software could make one from scratch but it always sounded a bit off when it imitated someone else’s.

DT acts like his attention is elsewhere, but prepares to spin around and shoot a torrent of shots at Nightbane’s supposed prey.

((EDIT: prepare action, attack on full-auto if he decides it's hostile, in case it wasn't obvious))
    Last edited by mutecebu; 2008-02-02 at 11:35 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Gerit

Unlike the others, Gerit hadn't been strapped in when the Zenicopter crashed. Only a timely shift to his sturdier Tiger form had saved him a serious injury. He'd been picking himself up off the ground when Tony struck, and he knew it that only White's quick response had spared the rest of the team. He'd let the team down.

Gerit shoved himself too his feet, ready to hunt down Tony when DT's command stopped him. The barred fangs and piercing eyes he threw DT were the Tiger's equivalent of a glare. It only took Gerit a moment to realize that as much as he wanted to avenge himself on Tony, DT was right. Whoever was out there had been waiting in ambush. DT hadn't even bothered to evade the missle, so it had to have been launched from almost directly beneath them. To have a riflemen trained on them already suggested the same. To be in a position like that meant that whomever was out there had been tracking their movements, and more importantly, knew their destination. If they knew that, they had to know why the Zenith Watch had been headed there as well. It would take time for the rest of the team to neutralize their ambushers, time that may just determine the fate of the Adrians. After taking a point-blank bullet like that, Eagle Owl wouldn't be going anywhere for awhile. No one else could reach the Adrians as fast as Gerit could.

Gerit rose up into his hybrid form and nodded to DT. "I'll run ahead and meet you guys at the Adrians. I'll be careful and scout first. EA, can you create some mist or something to block the sniper's view? I have a feeling I'll need the cover." His serious look fades to a grin as he turns to nightbane. "Looks like you'll finally have to do some work, rockhead."

With that, the hybrid jumped and grabbed the lip of the doorway and swung himself upwards, flying out feet first and curling around in mid-air, coming to a landing with the Zenicopter between himself and the clump of trees the snipers were posted in. Gerit wasted no time returning to his Tiger shape and darting across the nearest lawn and between two houses, escaping the line of fire. After coming out on the next street, Gerit turned and raced down the sidewalk towards the Adrian house. He didn't know exactly where the house was, but it wouldn't take him long to find.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2008-02-03 at 02:20 AM.
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stupid, stupid, stupid... Blind trust almost got me killed. Barely had time to see the gun coming out. Eagle Owl waves away Doubletalk's question, grimacing. "I'll live, just need to catch my breath. New rule: no reporters on the Zenicopter, okay?" He grimaces as he feels his side where the bullet hit him. Better side than heart.

20. - Top - End - #110

Nightbane

Letting go of his suspicion for the moment, Zach turned toward the tree. He listened carefully to the message Jane told him, and gave not so much as a nod. Leaping into the air suddenly, Zach hoped to catch an unknown assailant off guard.

OOC: If I find someone that looks suspicious by the tree, I'll attempt to hold them down.

21. - Top - End - #111

As Tiger Claw races across the street, a bullet is shot. In tiger form, Gerit moves far faster than a car would; his agility makes him that much harder to hit. Even so, the bullet only narrowly misses his head and goes to obliterate a nearby fire hydrant. Definitely not a normal gun.
    Fortunately, this time Doublethink was able to see where the bullet came from. It is the tree the wireless communication was coming from. In the following couple of seconds, a hail of bullets are fired by the fast thinker - and Doublethink's weapon is hardly a normal gun, either. Soon afterwards, a man with camo clothing, a high-tech sniper gun, and multiple holes in his body falls from the tree (along with some branches).
    The next second, something flies from behind a nearby house: Another man, this time armed with a bazooka and using a jet-pack. Right before he shoots, White's right hand takes a thin, pointy shape, and his arm elongates over 60 feet in less than half a second. The good news are that his hand impales the flying attacker; the bad news is that he still has enough time to shoot, for lack of time to aim: The missile, instead of hitting your group, explodes in a nearby backyard. The two-storied house the backyard belonged to is badly damaged, a large chunk of it blown away, the rest on fire. A nearby tree has been broken in half by the shockwave.

DT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From where you're standing, you can't tell if there's anyone inside...But from all the fire, you suspect the part that was blown up included the kitchen, with its gas reserve. Also...You don't have the data to run precise calculations at the moment, but you think the house's entire structure is going to collapse any second now. Unless something can hold it up for a little bit longer.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

New rule: no reporters on the Zenicopter, okay?
    "Agreed. Sorry, my fault."

DT is tense. He can't see anyone, but *someone* knocked the chopper down and shot at him. The tony guy could still be around, too.

((Still scanning and getting ready to spin around and start shooting. Can I spend a hero point to boost my detection abilities? Boost Spot check, add detection feats, etc? I can't remember, doesn't DT have see invisibility? Not sure of the new character sheet.))
    Last edited by mutecebu; 2008-02-07 at 11:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by mutecebu View Post
    "Agreed. Sorry, my fault."

DT was tense. He couldn't see anyone, but *someone* shot the chopper down and sniped eagle. The tony guy could still be around, too.

((Still scanning and getting ready to spin around and start shooting. Can I spend a hero point to boost my detection abilities? Boost Spot check, add detection feats, etc? I can't remember, doesn't DT have see invisibility? Not sure of the new character sheet.))
    ((Eagle got shot by "Tony". As for the rest...Did you post before reading my own post?))

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Right. Fixed.))

((Oops, my previous post was before I read yours.))

Doublethink stresses out, but panic rarely hinders his actions. He jumps into action, extending his shield as fast as possible to provide what support he can to the collapsing house. With his other arm he swings around and sends more bullets back at the jet-pack-bazooka-man. Man, what would he do without 360 degree vision!

"Nightbane! Get in there and help them get out!

As much as he hated asking that of his friend, he knew the giant could probably stand a building collapsing on him if it came to that.

"EA, see what you can do about the house. Either reinforce it or turn the roof to water or SOMETHING!"

DT was already planning, running ballistics calculations, aiming, manipulating a forcefield, bossing around his teammates, worrying about Gerit and *two* innocent families; he didn't have time to be nice.

"White, how good is your damage sink? Can you take bullets? Bravado, we three are going to make a run for it."

EA and Owl looked in bad shape. DT figured, once the house was OK, he would get Nightbane to carry them to the Adrians' house. That was a weakness in the group; they had no good method of field-medication. Maybe DT could acquire some experimental medical nannites? Hey, maybe Ms. Adrian would have some tips for them. DT wondered if her powers would work on bullet wounds.
    Last edited by mutecebu; 2008-02-07 at 01:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Nightbane

Zach had about a full second to himself once he landed near the tree. The goon lying before him would have to wait, however, as an explosion and DT's commanding voice filled the air. Zach whipped his head around and charged straight for the collapsing house. "Gotta make sure nobody is in there! C'mon Zach, move faster!!" he screamed in his head.

"Get goin'! I'll take care of this!" he yelled to those of the group that were able to move.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright, lets move! Bravado, grab the med kit and help Eagle!"

DT wished he could guard Eagle and EA, but he was devoting his shield's full capabilities to keeping the building together.

"Hang in there, Eagle. Sorry for stealing your target, Nightbane."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Gerit

Gerit knew he could have turned around at the sound of the explosion, but didn't. After hearing the hurried orders over his comlink, he could follow everything. DT had sent Gerit ahead while they fought their way clear. He wouldn't insult the man by turning around now.

After racing another block away from the battle, Gerit ducked between two houses and slid to a stop. He had a general idea where the girl lived, but he wasn't fond of the idea of racing up and down the street comparing addresses when the same group that had ambushed them already might be lying in wait. Gerrit hurriedly shifted to his hybrid form and growled into the comlink DT had replaced their checkerboard cards with. "DT, I'm clear of the ambush site. I've never been to this subdivision before, I need a route and location on the house. I'm a block and a half north of you. There's gotta be a satalite photo of the area online."
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

EA, getting over the shock, shifts to radiation form. He soars into the house that was struck by the missile, looking for survivors. Before the house caves in, he extends his radiation to affect the air. It congeals, the vapour and air molecules bonding and changing to become a thick foam (almost styro, not quite funny), a design he'd been considering to replace airbags in car crashes, after watching "Demolition Man".

Someone get to the Adrians! These guys will keep distracting us until we get there!

ooc: EA uses a Hero point to shrug off the staggered effect. Then zips over to the house, hoping to "notice/spot/search" for survivors. Then Transform the air into demolition man foam (good movie, if ridiculous).
    I'm thinking these guys are going to keep shooting at us or civilians while someone else gets to the Adrians' house.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

"White, how good is your damage sink?"
    "Pretty good. I'll take a look at the surrounding area." His legs and neck then extend several dozens of feet, and, like a human spring, White jumps from street to street, surveying the area. Despite the speed at which he's operating, you're getting the feeling that he's being rather methodical.

ooc: EA uses a Hero point to shrug off the staggered effect. Then zips over to the house, hoping to "notice/spot/search" for survivors. Then Transform the air into demolition man foam (good movie, if ridiculous).
    I'm thinking these guys are going to keep shooting at us or civilians while someone else gets to the Adrians' house.
    ((You can't turn the air into something non-gaseous, but let's say you used remains of the roof...))
    The heat is quite painful, but EA manages to get close enough to see someone on the upper floor: Some boy who looks about ten, and seems to be desperately looking for something. He's shouting, but you can't hear clearly over the sound of the flames.

Zach had about a full second to himself once he landed near the tree. The goon lying before him would have to wait, however, as an explosion and DT's commanding voice filled the air. Zach whipped his head around and charged straight for the collapsing house. "Gotta make sure nobody is in there! C'mon Zach, move faster!!" he screamed in his head.

"Get goin'! I'll take care of this!" he yelled to those of the group that were able to move.
    The flames can't hurt Nightbane as he rushes through the burning house. As you enter the living room, you see someone lying on the floor. A young woman, probably in her late thirties. Some bruises, unconscious (probably from the explosion), but still breathing.

Gerit knew he could have turned around at the sound of the explosion, but didn't. After hearing the hurried orders over his comlink, he could follow everything. DT had sent Gerit ahead while they fought their way clear. He wouldn't insult the man by turning around now.

After racing another block away from the battle, Gerit ducked between two houses and slid to a stop. He had a general idea where the girl lived, but he wasn't fond of the idea of racing up and down the street comparing addresses when the same group that had ambushed them already might be lying in wait. Gerrit hurriedly shifted to his hybrid form and growled into the comlink DT had replaced their checkerboard cards with. "DT, I'm clear of the ambush site. I've never been to this subdivision before, I need a route and location on the house. I'm a block and a half north of you. There's gotta be a satalite photo of the area online."
    ((Assuming DT and Jane sent the directions))
    As Tiger Claw rushes toward the Adrian household, he sees some vehicle - a bit like a silent helicopter or something - hovering next to it. Black-clad commandos are loading into it an unconscious little girl you recognize as the one from the picture. Two others are posted as sentries in front of the house, and you manage to notice one in camo hidden in a nearby tree.
    Their equipment looks familiar. Really, they look a lot like the Shadow agents you fought during the Megalopolis free-for-all.

Meanwhile, Bravado is tending to Eagle Owl's wounds. There's some pretty neat stuff in the Zenicopter's first-aid kit - enough to stop the bleeding, at least.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post

((You can't turn the air into something non-gaseous, but let's say you used remains of the roof...))
    The heat is quite painful, but EA manages to get close enough to see someone on the upper floor: Some boy who looks about ten, and seems to be desperately looking for something. He's shouting, but you can't hear clearly over the sound of the flames.
    EA flies over and grabs the boy, becoming rubber at the same time, gives a quick look around the room for fallen relatives, puppies, etc. While the heat is intense, his immunity to poisons renders him safe from the smoke; not so any others in the house.
    If he doesn't spot anyone, he extends one fist to elasti-smash the nearest window, and the other arm to plant the boy down on the ground safely. He then risks a moment to transform the air in the room into something inert (helium or nitrogen? something other than poison gas) to put out some of the flames and buy him some time, then back into breathable air without the smoke; after that he gives another look for whoever the boy was looking for, becoming radiation again and moving through items.
    If he does spot someone else, he yells Hold your breath, kid! before making the air inert and then breathable again; he takes a second to gather them both up, then elasti-kicks the window out, and moves out himself.

After that: Kid, get somewhere safe! and hasten to the Adrians'.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show