New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Zenith Watch #4: A Miracle of Science

We've got one of the rare accesses in the area not monitored by Overseer.
    DT whistled. He indeed used the system, as well as taking the opportunity to peek around the network to gather what he could. He reestablished contact with Jane, who was very interested, and attempted to learn any tips on non-detection she could.

"I agree. In light of the mother's state, I propose, if we are to take action, we do so immediately. As much as I regret not being present for the agent's awakening."

((EDIT: By "peek around" DT isn't trying to break into anything; he's just looking where he's allowed, following proper etiquette.))
    Last edited by mutecebu; 2008-02-27 at 12:58 PM.
    "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Sodium Penthothal... check. I'll get right to work. When I'm done, he'll talk faster than a toddler on espresso. Not that I've ever fed a tod... ahem.

EA flies over to the agent, rubbing his hads together, and checks to see if he's conscious.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

"White" gives you a dubious look. "You want to use sodium penthoal? On a Shadow Beta agent? That's like using aspirin as painkiller for second degree burns."
    "The assessment is, unfortunately, accurate" says Checkmate. "I truth, I didn't want you to bring him here for interrogation so much as for plausible deniability. As we speak, holograms in your image (I have taken the liberty of copying your drones' design, Mr Rod) and those of the agent and a healthy Miss Adrian are seen leaving the Adrian household, fixing the zenicopter, and departing in it to go on with your mission. When you attack whichever base Shadow is holding the girl at, you will publicly claim to have obtained its whereabouts from the agent's interrogation. Shadow will know better...but I believe I can lead them to believe this is the Faction's doing.
    That said, I will need some time to discover a decent lead. Feel free to look around - you've earned enough of Checkerboard's trust for that."
    "Joy. Should I take the tour guide role?" says a voice behind you ((yes, there's scent detection and 360 vision for some of you. Not important right now)). It belongs to a young woman. Average height and build, clothes that strike a compromise between "casual" and "business-like", green eyes, blue hair.
    "Ah, I don't believe you've been formally introduced." says Checkmate. "Serena, I do believe you know most of what there is to know about the Zenith Watch. Zenith Watch, meet Serena...My second-in-command."

EDIT: As for DT's peeking around the system...Well, it is extremely advanced. You wouldn't expect to find better hardware or software on Venture City. Of course, most files are not accessible as is...and you find yourself reminded of Checkmate's thesis on quantum encryption, looking at the security on this stuff.
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2008-03-01 at 11:12 AM.
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nightbane

Zach, still holding onto the Shadow agent, looked around at everyone and said, "Ok, a tour sounds great, but what am I supposed to do with this guy?"

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by HellFencer View Post
    Nightbane

Zach, still holding onto the Shadow agent, looked around at everyone and said, "Ok, a tour sounds great, but what am I supposed to do with this guy?"
    "Let me handle him," says Checkmate. "he's not the first Shadow agent we got our hands on."

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

6. - Top - End - #156

"I suggest we leave them," Serena tells you. "Checkmate and White interrogating a Shadow agent is...not a pleasant sight. Come, I'll show you around..."

Doublethink: It's a bit of a hassle for Jane to communicate with you through Checkerboard's link...but, better that than risk a confrontation with Overseer. Interestingly, she's found data on the young woman:
    Serena Cross. In her late 20s. Born in Atlanta to a struggling single mother. Grew up in a bad part of town. Some discipline problems according to her high school records, though they also indicate a keen intellect and a willingness to work hard. Entered Princeton on a scholarship, studying management and political science. Was a Mensa member for three months. Brilliant student...Interestingly, it seems she was part of a political discussion club the campus had...at around the same time as a certain Warren who went on to become Checkmate.
    Mother's house burns down during third year at college. Her mother survived, but she had to take her in for a while. Graduated with honors, became a manager at a local company...Then, after a few years of a reasonably successful career, gives her one-week notice and disappears. That was years ago, and only a few months after Checkmate left Omnicorp and went scarce himself.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eagle Owl gives Serena an odd look, though he follows her none the less. "'Pleasant' isn't the point, the point is getting the information we need as reliably and as fast as possible. Many lives are at stake here."
    Awesome Eagle Owl by Abardam.
    Looking for a player for a M&M game? Drop me a PM.

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Eagle Owl gives Serena an odd look, though he follows her none the less. "'Pleasant' isn't the point, the point is getting the information we need as reliably and as fast as possible. Many lives are at stake here."
    "You don't need to tell me. I help run Checkerboard. I deal with this crap most of my waking time.
    As for the information, don't worry. If that agent knows anything...White has been dealing with Shadow for longer than any of us was born, and Checkmate can "Hannibal Lecture" people faster than a telepath. And even if that agent knows nothing, we have other sources...like the nanos you allowed us to spread into some of Shadow's bases."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

EA leaves the Beta with the Checkerboard agents, and follows the rest of the team. He looks at the base, then thinks of the hundreds of villains over their heads. The Cryosphere.

So we're stuck waiting to find out where this little girl's being taken? How long do you think we have?

EA looks up at the ceiling. No, looking into his eyes you can see he's looking *past* the ceiling, to the streets of the Crysosphere.

Y'know... I'm sure there's nothing to be gained from wasted time. We could sit here waiting for a beta agent to crack *or* we could find something useful to do with ourselves. I mean, for all we know that girl could be in the local Shadow cell for the Cryosphere. Wouldn't it be worth our hile to check it out? Zeniths, you boys thinking what I'm thinking?
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    EA leaves the Beta with the Checkerboard agents, and follows the rest of the team. He looks at the base, then thinks of the hundreds of villains over their heads. The Cryosphere.

So we're stuck waiting to find out where this little girl's being taken? How long do you think we have?

EA looks up at the ceiling. No, looking into his eyes you can see he's looking *past* the ceiling, to the streets of the Crysosphere.

Y'know... I'm sure there's nothing to be gained from wasted time. We could sit here waiting for a beta agent to crack *or* we could find something useful to do with ourselves. I mean, for all we know that girl could be in the local Shadow cell for the Cryosphere. Wouldn't it be worth our hile to check it out? Zeniths, you boys thinking what I'm thinking?
    "Wouldn't do that if I were you, green-o" says a voice behind you. It's a man about your age; leather jacket, self-confident posture, and just about oozes "bad boy" from his pores. EA, you can feel that his chemical composition is...wrong. Like a tenth of his body mass was nanotech. "Up there, villains run the show. You wouldn't last ten minutes. And if the Big Bad Prof learned Checkmate let some heroes into his city, you can bet he's going to charge us a bigger rent or something, and Checkmate ain't gonna like that."
    "Who the hell are you?" asks Bravado.
    "Casey Claw. Professional Checkerboard ass-kicker. And you," he surveys your group, "would be the brainiac's new pet superhero team, hm?"
    Serena seems slightly annoyed. "Casey...Don't you have anything better to do?"
    "At the moment, no, not really."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

ooc: okay, I like this guy! more tonight!
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

EA's nose is suddenly out of joint when looking at the brash newcomer. His mouth starts moving before his judgment can reign it in, and more than a hint of his Brooklyn accent kicks back in mid-sentence.

New? Pet Superhero team?! Whoa whoa, hold on there greased lightning, the Zenith Watch are independent contractors. That means we rate higher than some company stooge.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

EA's nose is suddenly out of joint when looking at the brash newcomer. His mouth starts moving before his judgment can reign it in, and more than a hint of his Brooklyn accent kicks back in mid-sentence.

New? Pet Superhero team?! Whoa whoa, hold on there greased lightning, the Zenith Watch are independent contractors. That means we rate higher than some company stooge.
    Casey Claw laughs. "Well, I'll admit I'll take you over the Omni-Force's corporate lackeys any day."

Jane can't find Casey's identity...but his picture does come up in one police file: Apparently, the Mexico City cops want him for questioning after he killed a local supervillain nine months ago. This in itself sparked a gang war between local supervillain groups.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So what exactly do you, besides shooting your mouth?" Eagle Owl turns his full attention on the newcomer, all thoughts of the tour slipping his mind.
    Awesome Eagle Owl by Abardam.
    Looking for a player for a M&M game? Drop me a PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    "So what exactly do you, besides shooting your mouth?" Eagle Owl turns his full attention on the newcomer, all thoughts of the tour slipping his mind.
    "I rip people appart for a living." Casey clearly seems to enjoy the conversation. "I'm the guy Chess sends when a regular agent with a sci-fi gun just won't cut it. Sometimes I do stealth jobs too, but they've got better people for that. Like, you know...White." He makes 'quotation marks' with his fingers as he says the name.
    "Rip people appart for a living." Bravado doesn't seem amused. "You mean, you're an assassin."
    "He's more of an enforcer, really." says Serena. "This base is located in the Cryosphere, after all. We often need superpowered muscle to operate."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Gerit

"Since you've danced around the point often enough, I might as well ask." The words came out slightly sluured. Even though Bravado's medpack had gotten Gerit on his feet, he hadn't completely shook of the tranquilizer. "Why exactly did you set up shop in the Cryosphere? Real estate hasn't gone up that much."
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Dorni View Post
    Gerit

"Since you've danced around the point often enough, I might as well ask." The words came out slightly sluured. Even though Bravado's medpack had gotten Gerit on his feet, he hadn't completely shook of the tranquilizer. "Why exactly did you set up shop in the Cryosphere? Real estate hasn't gone up that much."
    "This location has several advantages" Serena explains. "The Cryosphere is the nevralgic center of supervillainy across the world. The better we keep tabs on it, the better we are informed about the ongoing schemes of various villains. For instance, the reason we knew about Sismus's planned attack on Megalopolis was that he was head-hunting for allies in the Cryosphere, and our surveillance caught his meeting with the Ele...the Midas Gang.
    Second, this is a good recruitment spot. Celerity is hardly the only Cryospheran who wants to bring down villains across the world; a substantial fraction of our agents were recruited here."
    "Including me" says Casey, "but that had more to do with wanting to win."
    "Finally," Serena ignores the enforcer, "there are certain...advantages...to operating in such a lawless place. Anywhere else, Checkerboard's activities would draw attention to it rather quickly. Here, we can almost go unnoticed."
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2008-03-21 at 01:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

But not entirely. Which is why we can't just dial up a pizza to stuff in this Claw's craw.
    Which brings us to the next question: why are we here? Obviously we need to get to that little girl, and fast, if we want to heal Mrs. Adrian. If that Beta doesn't talk, we might as well do some questioning of our own. I'm guessing that even a seedy underbelly like this has a seedy underbelly; one that's good for a few drinks and taking in a good cage match.
    You think a Shadowy intellegence agency like Checkerboard can spare some Cryosphere disguises? If no-neck here can find leather duds like he's got, I'm guessing we'll be fine if we visit a dollar store. Then Checkmate can call us when he's got something.

EA does his best to charm the young lady.

((diplomacy/bluff/charisma/sex appeal check?
    I just wanna tour the Cryosphere! Very Empire Strikes Back meets **** Tracey, I guess))
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Gerit

"Down boy." The weretiger shakes his head at EA. "Stirring up the Cryosphere on a cape-hunt would be a poor way to repay Checkerboard for their help. 'Sides, the Cryosphere isn't going anywhere, and we've got a little girl to worry about. Although," Gerit flicks a glance at Serena as he continues, "Whats the deal with the Adrian girl? I can see how being able to fix machines or heal people would be tremendously useful, but some of us don't have PHDs in physics. Why is manipulating entropy important enough to get this much attention?"
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

20. - Top - End - #170

But not entirely. Which is why we can't just dial up a pizza to stuff in this Claw's craw.
    Which brings us to the next question: why are we here? Obviously we need to get to that little girl, and fast, if we want to heal Mrs. Adrian. If that Beta doesn't talk, we might as well do some questioning of our own. I'm guessing that even a seedy underbelly like this has a seedy underbelly; one that's good for a few drinks and taking in a good cage match.
    You think a Shadowy intellegence agency like Checkerboard can spare some Cryosphere disguises? If no-neck here can find leather duds like he's got, I'm guessing we'll be fine if we visit a dollar store. Then Checkmate can call us when he's got something.

EA does his best to charm the young lady.

((diplomacy/bluff/charisma/sex appeal check?
    I just wanna tour the Cryosphere! Very Empire Strikes Back meets **** Tracey, I guess))
    You think "the young lady" might have blushed a little...but her tone and facil expression have remained exactly the same.
    "Mister O'Hart, there isn't anyone in town for you to question.
    When Professor Cryo took over, Shadow almost immediately moved in to infiltrate the Cryosphere. They found various opportunities, hiding spots, connections they could make. They built a local branch.
    Then it turned out that most of the openings they had found were actually traps set for them by Cryo. Their local branch was little more than a tool for him to gather information on Shadow, rather than the other way around. He destroyed it, and to this day, Shadow is uncertain how much Cryo knows about them. To the best of our knowledge, the Cryosphere is one of the few metropolises in the world without its own Shadow cell.
    Going outside is risky. Usage of superpowers will get you noticed, and if Cryo learns we let bona-fide superheroes into his city...well, it's not going to be pretty.
    The only place I'd feel even remotely safe letting you hang out at would be within the few blocks surrounding this base - the area under Checkerboard's control. We try to maintain some amount of peace here...but, short of getting a hypothermia and getting to see up close how much the Cryosphere sucks, there isn't much for you to do there."

"Down boy." The weretiger shakes his head at EA. "Stirring up the Cryosphere on a cape-hunt would be a poor way to repay Checkerboard for their help. 'Sides, the Cryosphere isn't going anywhere, and we've got a little girl to worry about. Although," Gerit flicks a glance at Serena as he continues, "Whats the deal with the Adrian girl? I can see how being able to fix machines or heal people would be tremendously useful, but some of us don't have PHDs in physics. Why is manipulating entropy important enough to get this much attention?"
    "Because it's immortality and perfect health in a can. Suppose you were the president of a powerful nation, and your wife had cancer, or your father was suffering from Alzheimer's...and Shadow could cure them, even take a decade off. All you'd need to do would be this little favor Shadow was asking.
    Now, imagine that principle being applied on a large scale. How many of the rich and powerful wouldn't sell out to Shadow in exchange for something like this? For that matter, what's to stop them from resurrecting dead agents of theirs? Hell, they could start resurrecting old supervillains. Who wouldn't work for the organization whose health plan includes immortality?"
    "Not a lot of people, I'll admit" says Casey. "Hm. Any chance we can recruit the girl once we get her away from Shadow?"
    "I'll be certain to think about it."

21. - Top - End - #171

Nightbane

Zach stopped dead in his tracks. His white, pupil devoid eyes turned toward the conversation of immortality. "You can't be serious? Immortality at a whim? That's like being the right hand of a god. People can't just toy with that kind of thing! Consequence will be lost and chaos will ensue..." Zach's usual comedic and lighthearted demeanor was obviously now one of seriousness and worry. He looked at the rest of the Zenith Watch with a hard, far away look. "We can't let this happen guys. We just can't," he said, pounding a fist into the other hand.

22. - Top - End - #172

Nightbane

Zach stopped dead in his tracks. His white, pupil devoid eyes turned toward the conversation of immortality. "You can't be serious? Immortality at a whim? That's like being the right hand of a god. People can't just toy with that kind of thing! Consequence will be lost and chaos will ensue..." Zach's usual comedic and lighthearted demeanor was obviously now one of seriousness and worry. He looked at the rest of the Zenith Watch with a hard, far away look. "We can't let this happen guys. We just can't," he said, pounding a fist into the other hand.
    "Yes, Mr Neely...It's a very serious risk.
    We believe Cryo and Gatemaster got their hands on something that stopped their aging back in the early days of their partnership, but whatever it is, it apparently isn't mass-producible, as they they haven't been selling it to the 'aristocracy' of the Cryosphere. The Avatar hasn't aged a day since the 1920s, and Nollius, supposedly, has been around since the middle ages...but the Adrian kid is on a whole 'nother lover. In Shadow's hands, well..."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    ((snip))"The Avatar hasn't aged a day since the 1920s, and Nollius, supposedly, has been around since the middle ages...but the Adrian kid is on a whole 'nother lover. In Shadow's hands, well..."
    EA's eyes go wide, then squint. a whole 'nother lover? Please, tell me that was just a Freudian slip; otherwise, we should really spring into action, heh.

EA rubs his chin, thinking. Well, agent, I wonder if you've got something we *can* do while we wait for Checkmate's intel. I don't have to tell you I don't like sitting on my hands.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

As you keep walking, you pass by a hangar. There are six robots inside. Three of them are quadrupedal machines, approximately the size of a German shepherd, with what looks like a raygun turret on their back. Two of them are floating spheres the size of a soccer ball, surrounded by a barely-visible force-field. The sixth one is an enormous humanoid robot with an arm cannon, whose design reminds you a little bit of the Omnicorp Mecha-Tank (though they are not similar. This robot's design is sleeker and thinner). All of them are painted in black and white motifs.
    EA:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can detect some interesting materials in the robots' hulls. Pure omni-metal, carbosteel, and various molecules you'd never even imagined (and can't possibly have been created without extensive usage of nanotechnology). Oddly, each one of them appears to have a sphere of complete vacuum somewhere inside them.

EA's eyes go wide, then squint. a whole 'nother lover? Please, tell me that was just a Freudian slip; otherwise, we should really spring into action, heh.
    Serena chuckles. "Sorry, meant 'level' and got caught in Checkerboard slang. See, a 'lover' is something that can potentially screw you over...You see what I mean."

EA rubs his chin, thinking. Well, agent, I wonder if you've got something we *can* do while we wait for Checkmate's intel. I don't have to tell you I don't like sitting on my hands.
    "Well, actually...I was hoping to get help from one of our other intel sources."
    As she says that, she pushes the door marked "hydroponics". Inside, you find what could be described as a greenhouse if you weren't underground. Most of the stuff grown there seems to be there for practical use...but further down the room, you find a corner full of beautiful exotic plants. A mousy-looking (though kinda cute) woman with a big hat and long scarf appears to be tending to them, with a blond young man assisting her.
    "Ahem. I hope I'm not bothering?" asks Serena, causing the two to jump and face you.
    "N-no ma'm!" exclaims the young man. Those of you with good eyes can notice a "WWJD?" bracelet on his arm. "I was just helping Rose with the garden..."
    "Well, I've certainly heard of worse ways to explain to her about the birds and the bees" says Casey, causing both of them to blush. Before they can protest, Serena cuts them short: "Enough. Nicholas Uderwood, meet our allies from the Zenith Watch. Zenith Watch, I present Nicholas Underwood, our magic expert."

DT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jane can find a few scraps of information on Nicholas Underwood. Not much to tell, really - grew up in a small town not too far from Megalopolis, appears to have led an uneventful life until leaving the family home a few years ago...then nothing.
    She finds more information on Rose, actually. Her name is Rose Tucker. Grew up in Megalopolis. Daughter of a florist. Her house was destroyed and her family killed when she was eight - collateral damage in a super-powered fight. Was subsequently raised by her aunt. Took to running the flower shop after high-school...then, a couple of years later, was arrested for using "mutant control over light and darkness" to unleash chaos downtown. Promptly arrested, convicted, and jailed. Escaped from jail within weeks, still on FBI's and FBSA's Wanted list.
    ...She certainly doesn't look like a deranged terrorist right now.
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2008-03-27 at 04:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Nightbane

The mighty black behemoth raised a single hand and let it rock from side to side. "Yo," Zach said, more intent on the strange looking plants than anything else. However, some spark deep down inside him reminded him of some cosmic connection to this man. "So, magic huh? You mind if I ask what kind?" he asked, trying not to sound invasive.

26. - Top - End - #176

Nightbane

The mighty black behemoth raised a single hand and let it rock from side to side. "Yo," Zach said, more intent on the strange looking plants than anything else. However, some spark deep down inside him reminded him of some cosmic connection to this man. "So, magic huh? You mind if I ask what kind?" he asked, trying not to sound invasive.
    "Oh...a bit of a generalist..." Nicholas appears a bit embarrassed by the question for some reason. "I wouldn't really call myself an expert..."
    "Don't say that," Rose puts her hand on his shoulder. "You can do amazing things, Nick. Remember the scrying spell that saved an entire squad last month?"
    Casey chuckles. "Nikki here somehow ended up with a cursed mystical artifact a few years ago, got possessed by an evil spirit thing, and almost destroyed his hometown before Chess showed up and kicked the spirit's ghostly ass. He's been with us ever since, and it turns out he remembers enough of his possession to cast spells the way the spirit did.
    The funny part? His hobby is stage magic. Stage magic."

27. - Top - End - #177

Nightbane

"Stage magic? Like a magician? Well, I bet the real thing has a lot more oomph, huh? Care to show us something?" Zach asked, his hands in front of himself for emphasis. Quickly, his eyes tried to catch those of Rose, accompanied by a quick smile.

28. - Top - End - #178

Nightbane

"Stage magic? Like a magician? Well, I bet the real thing has a lot more oomph, huh? Care to show us something?" Zach asked, his hands in front of himself for emphasis. Quickly, his eyes tried to catch those of Rose, accompanied by a quick smile.
    Rose seems to flinch back. You can't tell if it's because she's terrified of your appearance, or because she's very shy. Possibly both.
    "Well, I guess you could say magic is my hobby, and" Nicholas seems to struggle a bit here, "acausal effect generation is what I do for a living."
    "Big, fancy words there. Really unlike you" says Casey. "You really hate calling it magic, hm?"
    "Well, it's not the same thing!" Nicholas seems a little upset here, though you get the clear impression Casey intimidates him. "Magic is...well, it's all about distractions and clever tricks designed to create illusions. It's an art. The spell-casting thing...is just an unusual form of physics."
    "This from a guy who knows as much about science as...well, me" Casey still seems amused. "You're parroting the boss's lecture about magic, aren't you?"
    "I'm telling you, it's not..."
    "Not magic. Yeah, yeah." Casey faces your group. "Touchy issue with the choir boy here. What he's desperately trying to say is that, even though he got these powers by getting possessed by something nasty, he hasn't actually made a deal with the Devil or any crap like his preacher used to talk about. Which everyone actually gets, but he still feels the need to repeat it whenever the subject comes up."

29. - Top - End - #179

"Yes, very interesting, but I'd still like to see a demonstration" says Bravado.
    "Oh, right." Nicholas seems to focus a little, and, with a weak "bamf", a top hat appears in his hand. "That was a little object creation spell." He then aims his hand in a direction away from the group, and a blast of flames suddenly erupt - you can feel the heat from where you're standing. "Fire spell. I can do ESP, some telepathy, teleportation...Like I said, I'm a generalist."

30. - Top - End - #180

Nightbane

Zach grinned as the top hot appeared, able to appreciate some magical humor like anyone else. However, the flames caught him a little off guard, as he wasn't expecting anything near as showy. "Nicely done. Generalists are toolboxes; perfect for any situation. As a matter of fact, we have one of those ourselves. Isn't that right, Greenthumb? Oh wait, you're just a tool," he said, jokingly to EA. "I kid... This green dude is invaluable whether you need a gag prop or not. Oh yeah!" he adds, trying to sound like Koolaid.