New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Journey Through My Writing Process: Experimental Story

So I had an idea, I think it would be fun to have a little journey through my writing process. I usually abhor showing early drafts of anything I write, but I decided that since I’m writing an experimental piece I would experiment.

I wrote it all down from around 1:30AM last night to 3:00AM. My pen really couldn’t keep up with my mind, and my handwriting is horrible as you can see. In this first draft, I call my Super-duper rough draft and it’s really just there to get my idea on paper. My notebook is FILLED with super-duper rough drafts with everything from poetry to philosophy. Most of these creations don’t get typed, most are practice or little fragments of stories—scenes I thought sounded cool.

I didn’t pay any attention to mechanics, grammar, or spelling, and readability for anyone but me is optional. The next draft I’m going to do later today if I have time is typing it and letting spell check get my grievous spelling errors. Along with just typing it, I make mental notes or physical notes on places that need more or need less. Following that I print it out and review it more thoroughly. When we get to that point, I’ll share it with you, my marks included, before and after.

Remember, this is my attempt at avant garde surrealism. My only real influence is my dreams (possibly your dreams if anyone else shares them with me) and surrealist French experimental films.

Warning: parts might include definite PG-13 scenes and one part about religion. If a moderate deems this against the rules (it’s art, dude) I can edit it out of the playground version if I can avoid teh lock.

Some scans are upside down, I'm too lazy to fix it. I hope someone enjoys this because it's a ***** of effort.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Semidi; 2007-10-26 at 01:23 PM.
    Praise Caine! Hail Sabbat!