New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: S.C.A.R.S. D20 Modern

Kurt Scarborough
    "Right, I'll track you on the scope. Report at least once every thirty seconds, or we'll have to assume the worst."

Spot - (1d20+4)[17] to keep track of Kain as he moves with the scope.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

You watch him disappear behind the hill as you watch. The reports come in regularly, but he hasn't found anything, then suddenly he tells you he has found tracks heading towards the top of the hill.

The tracks you look down on seem fresh, and you can make out a shape to them, it seems to be an elongated foot with three separate prongs on the end. The foot itself is about a foot long, the prongs leading out are another four or five inches. You cannot see where the tracks lead up the hill without following them, you radio the others telling them what you see. Judging from your GPS you are on the complete opposite side of the hill from the others.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

Upon finding the strange tracks, Kain radioes the other to tell them what he found.

"Guys, there are some unusual tracks here, I don't know what left them. They lead over the hill. I can follow them myself, but I you want to join me the path is clear. What shall it be?"
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We need to stick together. If we do find this thing, it might not be happy. We'll need all of us to deal with it. And hell, I'm sure Alex doesn't want to sit back here in the rain with only a taser to protect him if the Terror from Planet X cames rampaging down on him. I know I sure as **** wouldn't. We're heading there now.", says Max.

Max then turns in Kurt's direction and says, "Kurt, you might as well come and set up shop up on the top of the hill where you'll have good visibility. We might need your skills today."
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

5. - Top - End - #35

Kurt Scarborough
    "Sounds like a plan."

While the others are heading up to the tracks, Kurt finds a good vantage point on the hill and dons his Ghillie Suit, lying down and following the group with the scope, periodically looking up to try and spot anything not of the group.

"I'm going to keep radio silence, but you'll need to spot for me."

Hide - (1d20+20)[28]
    Spot - (1d20+4)[11]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Matthew heads down the hill to meet up with Kain with the others. He's holding his winchester with both hands, now, but other than that appears un-phased by the current events

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #37

[OOC: Sorry about the three-four day lapse in posting. I had a renaissance faire, and I forgot to say anything until I was already there, and by then it was too late. So to forewarn you all, I will be going to camp at the faire once again this weekend, and will not be posting from Friday night to Sunday night.]

As you head up the hill, you see that there are three old dilapidated wooden buildings on the hill top. One is two stories tall and is fairly long, spanning the northern edge of the hill. There are windows, however most are broken, and it is too dark to see inside from where you are. There is a single door, and the odd tracks lead straight to it. The next building is a tower, that seems to have been taller at one time. At the moment it stands about four or five stories, with a skeletal sixth on top. Around it are what appear to be the ruins of the fallen upper floors. The third and final building is a low building that has no front wall. This is on the southern edge. Inside you see a stair case that leads downwards, as well as ruined furniture.

Kain, you see nothing else joining the group on the hill.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

8. - Top - End - #38

Alex fingers the stun gun in his pocket. "I don't mean to sound horribly cliched, but I don't like this..." He says slowly.

((ooc: Ah yes, the renaissance fair...I'm part of stage combat group, so I work at one occasionally...))
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-05 at 08:00 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

After Max looks around at the buildings with the rest of the group, he says, "Well, it looks like its time to earn our pay. We'll sweep and clear this first building that has the tracks first. If we don't find anything, we'll check the other two. Kurt, monitor this area so that if we miss whatever made these tracks when we enter the first building it can't sneak off.

Max pulls out his tactical flashlight and his Kimber .45 and checks both. "I hope I don't have to use this. Kain, you are the best at this kind of stuff so you lead us in. Matt and I will follow and give you support. Alex, stay behind us for now. Your stun gun might come in handy if we need to subdue this thing without killing it. Matt, Kain, and I will go in ready for combat, but we'll only shoot if the thing is obviously hostile. Ready guys?
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

10. - Top - End - #40

Alex mutters something under his breath about it being easy to suggest trying to subdue an alien life form with a taser whilst holding a gun and expecting someone else to do the tasering. Despite his complaints, he says: "Ready. Let's go."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-06 at 04:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Checking his rifle to make sure its loaded, Matthew clicks the safety off. "Lets move then. Its not gonna get any easier to catch whatever this thing is if we keep waiting."

Go Tigers!

12. - Top - End - #42

Kurt Scarborough
    "Roger that, covering the exterior, over." comes Kurt's voice over the radio, as the sniper turns his attentions to the exterior of the house.

((Kurt's spot modifier is +4, GM roll as needed, please.

Assume Kurt set up in the best place with good cover and field of view he could find.))
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-11-07 at 05:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

"Roger that Max."

With that, Kain pulls his Glock from his holster and heads cautiously into the first building, watching out for anything unusual.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+1)[7]

Ready action to bash anything suspicious.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

14. - Top - End - #44

You kick in the door to the building, it seems to be rather old, as it gives in easily. The room inside seems as though it has been used recently however. There is no dust or dirt covering the floor. The room seems to be about half the lower floor of the building, and goes straight to the back wall. There is a door on your right, in the center of the wall, this is closed. The floor is solid wood, and it has been scratched badly over the years, it is now faded and worn. The windows on the sides let in no light, as they have been boarded up. The boards look as old as the door. There is a light hanging from the ceiling, however there is no pull switch hanging from it, nor can you see any light switches nearby. The only other thing in the room is a staircase heading down on the opposite edge, the staircase runs towards the wall with the door on it.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

Taking his sourronding in, Kain eyes stop on staircase leading into unknown. He looks at Max and using military sign language he sends him the following message:

Going to explore, need cover.

With that, he moves next to staircase and starts moving down.

16. - Top - End - #46

Alex stays with Kain.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-21 at 07:30 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Max gives a quick nod to Kain's request. He signs back: Notify if clear.

He moves to take a covering position on the closed door and the door that they entered.

18. - Top - End - #48

Looking down the stair case, you see a dirt floor about ten, fifteen feet down. It seems to widen out, but from the top of the stair case you can't tell for sure. The stair case itself is made of old dark wood. There are no guard-rails, and the walls are all dirt past the floor level.

Max, standing by the door, you hear a sort of heavy breathing coming from the other side.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

19. - Top - End - #49

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt remains outside, watching for any activity.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon hearing the breathing, Max silently catches Kain's attention and signs: Other side of door. I'll cover you..

Max waits for the Kain and Matt to move into position. Checking the door to see which way it opens, Max positions himself so that he'll have a clear shot if needed.

21. - Top - End - #51

Alex backs away from the door.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Matthew raises his rifle to his shoulder, aiming at the door. (readied action to shoot anything acting hostile on the other side of the door)

Go Tigers!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

After catching Max's signal, Kain nods is sign of getting it and moves into position. He too gets ready should anything hostile come in the room.

24. - Top - End - #54

The door is a double door made of dark wood, with dark, peeling, paint on it. It seems that they would open inwards. The handles are tarnished copper, or possibly chrome. They are round. The door seems to have been scratched, especially near the handles.

The breathing sound can now be heard by all of you. It is quick and rough, like some one trying to catch their breath.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

Listening to the sound behind doors, Kain once again motions to his friends to cower him and then slowly opens the doors to check what can be found behind them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Open doors. If not possible, try bashing them with sheer force.

Strength check - (1d20+1)[2]

26. - Top - End - #56

Unfortunately a two is not high enough to even turn the door knob...

But in all seriousness. The door opens slowly with a slight creak. The breathing intensifies as you open it. On the other side you see... sombody sitting in a chair. He looks to be a teenager. His hands and feet are bound to the chair, and he has a gag in his mouth. The heavy breathing seems to be coming from him, although it slows a bit once he ees you clearly. The room iteslf in almost featureless, with another boarded up window across form you, and a bed with no mattress on the side of the door you came in through.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

((I blame the dice ))

Noticing the prisoner, Kain gives Max and the others the all clear sign and moves into the room, weapon still at ready and approaches the teenager to check his status.

((I'm not sure what check would be appropriate here, so you roll for me. Kain won't untie him until he is sure that he posses absolutely no threat to him or the group and until the others come into the room.))

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Max sees the kid and thinks to himself: Heh, well that was kinda anti-climatic.

Max lets Kain and Matt check out the kid while he guards the staircase and makes a quick report over the radio to Kurt and Alex.

29. - Top - End - #59

The kid seems to be in his teens, with dark hair. He looks at you and trys to say something, but is cut off by the gag in his mouth. His wrists and ankles seem to be rubbed raw from the rope tying him to the chair. Othe than that, he is fine as far as you can tell.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

His gun still pointed at the kid, Kain approaches him and pulls his gag down and says to him:

"Talk to us kid. Who are you and what are you doing here?"