New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: S.C.A.R.S. D20 Modern

[OOC: Happy Thanks Giving all who celebrate it. Or if you're a Native American, My Condolences.]

The kid gasps in air then replys, I have no idea. One minute I'm hanging out with my girlfriend in Blackroot, and then these guys come outa nowhere! They're all wearin this crazy lookin' black armor and they have these weird lookin' guns. I thought they were like government agents or somethin, then one of em walks up and he goin on about blood traitors, and me not being pure, and I have no idea what he was talkin about! Then he touches me, and it hurt worse than anything else I've ever felt. I wake up, and I'm sittin in this chair. I keep seein those weird guys in their armor, but no one'll talk to me. I'm freakin out man.

He talks rather fast, but that seems mainly to be the anxiety.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alex walks up to him, putting his hand on the kid's shoulder. "Relax. We're here to help. My name is Alexander. What's yours?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #63

It's Nick...
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

4. - Top - End - #64

Alexander stands back. "Alright, Nick, we'll help you out. Um...someone want to untie him?"

5. - Top - End - #65

[OOC: Where is everybody?]
    Err... I second that, these ropes aren't as comfortable as they look, says the kid.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

((i'm waiting for someone to untie him. i dont have any skills that could help at that, and i doubt my gun is gonna get those ropes off of him without some serious complications))

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #67

((Serious complications? I doubt it... but then again, I don't consider a dead teenager to be a serious complication... in that case it'd be more of a comical complication))
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

((idk if he's important to the plot or something. besides, i dont go around killing innocent ppl. i just got out of the loony bin, i'm not going to prison.))

Go Tigers!

9. - Top - End - #69

While Matt talks with himself, Alex tries to untie Nick:

(1d20+2)[21]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Max is standing quietly outside the door monitoring the staircase and the entry door. After overhearing the kid's statements, he keys the mike. "Kurt, apparently there are hostiles in this area. Keep an eye out for any movement. We'll let you know when we've secured the area."

As Max mills around, he wonders what is taking the others so long. He strides into the room and pulls out his K-Bar and starts cutting the ropes that bind the kid. "Heh, this beats fiddling with rope any day."
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

"I like your style Max. Now, Nick, talk to us. Any bit of information you can come up will be helpful. How many of this guys were there? Did they say anything to you? How long have you been here? Like I said, tell us everything you know."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

12. - Top - End - #72

Err... I dunno how long I've been here, I think it was the 24th when I was taken.This was about a week ago. My girlfriend and I drove out to black wood at about I dunno... six. All of the sudden, there are like four or five guys wearin this crazy looking black armor. It was all glossy, and it looked kinda mettalic, but odd sorta. They were carrying something like guns that were made outta the same stuff, but the guns didn't look like normal guns, I dont really know how to describe em. So one of them walks over, and he was talkin about me being "unpure" and how we were "traitors to our kind." So then he touches me, and the hand just feels weird, then alluva sudden, my entire body freezes up, and I cant move, and it hurts like hell, suddenly it all goes black, then I'm sittin here. They've come in every once and a while to give me some food, but other than that, I haven't seen anyone. On top of that, they'll never say anything when they come in. Thanks for taking the ropes off.

Outside the rain continues to fall, but all of the sudden, in the second house (the one they didn't go in) a light comes on. The light seems to be a light red, and it seems to be really bright. It lasts for about half a second, then goes out. A second later, it flashes again, then goes out once again. It doesn't flash again.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

"Nick, do you have any idea where you girlfriend was taken, or what those red flashes were?"

Go Tigers!

14. - Top - End - #74

Alex swears loudly and proficiently in surprise.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

Looking at Alex with some surprise, Kain tells him:

"We'll have to wash your mouth with soap when we get home kid. That's just no language for someone of your age."

He then asks Max:

"Could that be Morse code? I'll admit I never learned it, didn't need to. Perhaps you were in different position than me. Be that as it may, I propose we check it out. After getting Nick to safety of course."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive, to see if Nick is telling the truth.

Sense motive - (1d20+1)[11]
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

16. - Top - End - #76

Alex gives Kain a look.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Max listens over the radio to Kurt's report on the flashes in the other building. "Okay, we'll secure this building before we investigate. Report if you see anyone leaving or heading up the hill. You're our eyes, so we'll be counting on you. Max out."

Turning to the others, he says, "I don't know Morse off the top of my head, but only two flashes mean their can't be too much info. Maybe a warning beacon of some sort?"

Max then enters the main room and beckons the others to follow. Talking quietly to avoid Nick from overhearing, he lays out his plan. "Okay, we need to secure this building posthaste. Kain and Matt, you check out that staircase. If it leads to the other building we need to recce it. Alex, you stay here with Nick until we know it's safe to leave. I'll be guarding this room and the door to the outside. Also, in case Nick might not be telling us the whole truth, I'll be here to lend Alex any assistance if he needs it. Once we know what we're dealing with, we can check out that other building. Sound good?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming since we're inside a building, that we only heard about the flashes because Kurt told us over the radio.
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

18. - Top - End - #78

Alex nods grimly and hefts his Stun Gun.

19. - Top - End - #79

Nick just shakes his head to both questions. He seems to have been completely honest. Are you two going down the stair case?
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Kain, you ready to move? Matt asks, moving towards the stairs.

Go Tigers!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

"As ready as one can be in situation like this. I'll lead, you cover, ok? See you later guys."

With that, Kain heads down the stairs, Glock on ready, observing his sourrondings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+1)[12]
    Listen - (1d20+1)[15]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Matt works his way down behind kain, his Winchester at the ready, also observing everything.

spot: 1d20+2
    listen: 1d20+4
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2007-11-30 at 04:08 PM.

Go Tigers!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Max nods to Matt and Kain and says, "Make sure to stay in radio contact in case things get hairy."

He then takes up a position that will allow him to watch both the top of the staircase and the door to the outside.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

wow. i totally spaced with those last things, and forgot the code.

let me try that again.

spot: (1d20+2)[5]
    listen: (1d20+4)[12]

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #85

The corridor ahead of you is made of dirt with wooden support beams about every ten feet, and the ground steadily slopes downwards. The only light comes from your flashlight, and the rest is inky black. The closeness of the corridor makes you feel claustrophobic. Your breathing begins to sound loud, as there is no noise, even the rain outside has been cut off now. There is a sound ahead of you, as you move forwards to investigate, the ground gives out and you realize that the sound was that of cracking wood. Kain, you fall as the ground in front of you gives out. Luckily it's only about a twenty foot drop, you land on the bottom barely hurt [OOC: You take four damage from the fall], Matt, you see Kain fall, and can see him land, his flashlight goes out, but yo can both see that he is now on solid stone ground, you cannot see any walls from where the flashlight can reach, but you can tell that his is busted. Kain, your glock landed about five feet away, and is within reach. Your leg hurts badly, but you can still walk. Matt, across the hole in the corridor (which is about fifteen feet) you can see a wooden door. If you've calculated correctly, you are somewhere near the other house now.

Everyone upstairs hears a thunderous crash, followed by a dull thump. Kurt, sorry to say that you hear nothing.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

I radio the others and fill them in on what happened, asking if any of them have any rope.

(how big is the hole? like all the way across the corridor, or is there room to walk around it?)

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #87

Alex curses again, quite foully. "This is going well," He says sarcastically. "All we need now is the creepy black armor guys."

28. - Top - End - #88

The hole goes from wall to wall across the corridor, and in fact, has taken some of the dirt wall with it.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

29. - Top - End - #89

((Ah crap - lost the link to this. I'll post within the next couple of days - I need to catch up on what happened.))

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

Picking himself up after falling, Kain leans himself with back towards wall to steady himself and get rid of the vertigo he got after the fall. After a few seconds, after he feels somewhat better, he looks around and after spoting his gun, he limps towards it, picking it up. He then radios to his friends:

"Guys, I'm in a heap of trouble over here. If you got any rope to get me out of the in which I find myself presently I would be grateful. My leg hurts as hell, and there is no way I'm getting out of it myself."

Spoiler
    Show
    Kain will attempt the Treat injury check while he waits to be rescued.

TI - (1d20-3)[8]

If he should, by any chance, beat the DC 15

(1d4)[3]