New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: S.C.A.R.S. D20 Modern

"****.", says Max after hearing the crash and Kain's report. "I can't believe I forgot to bring rope with me. See if you can fashion a crude ladder out of the broken wood. Otherwise, Matt get up here and we'll storm the second building. We've lost any surprise we might have had anyways, so we'll clear the area and look for a shovel or some rope. Kurt, we need recce on that other building. If you can see anything , let us know."
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

hm...just what check would i roll for making a ladder?

craft (laddermaking)?

whatever it is, i highly doubt i have skills in it (unless its repair)

in which case: [insert appropriate skill] check: (1d20)[19] +7 if repair is the skill in question.

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Unfortunately there's no wood for you to use nearby, all of the wood fell with Kain.

Kain, unfortunately you don't help your leg much.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

matt looks down at Kain. "Hey, Hang tight down there man, were gonna get you out of there ASAP. I gotta go right now, but i'll be back with help as soon as i can." He turns, and heads back to the others

Go Tigers!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

This is just great. What am I supposed to do while I wait for them to come back? Shame on you, you fall into this like first timer!

Having nothing better to do, Kain starts looking around, searching for anything that he could find useful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 20 on Search check, for a grand total of 22. Apply any penalties you deem appropriate.
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2007-12-04 at 11:52 AM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Matt reaches the upper levels, Max quickly lays out a plan. "I don't like having Kain down there, so we need to move fast. We'll do a standard breach and clear of the next building and clear it down to that doorway on the other side of the pit. Kurt, check the building for us. We need to know location of doors and windows, and any way you can give cover when we enter."

Max then turns to Alex and says, "Do you and Nick mind going down and keeping Kain company. Kurt will patrol this doorway. And here, keep this for protection until we can link back up." Max hands him his Kimber 1911. "Just point and shoot - It has seven rounds. If that doesn't work, just run." He unslings his Benelli shotgun and quickly checked to make sure it is loaded and cocked. He smiles and says, "I have a feeling we're going to need the big guns on this one."

Max then goes to the door and waits for the intel report before sprinting to the next building.
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alex nods grimly. After the others have left, he thinks: He thinks they'll need the big guns on this one, eh? So why do I get a pistol...? Oh well. he holds his taser in one hand and the pistol in the other.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #98

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt keeps radio silence, and looks up at the building in question, refocussing the scope on it and doing a sweep.

Spot - (1d20+4)[23]

9. - Top - End - #99

Kurt, there is only one door to the building, the one you guys originally saw. There are four walls, and each has a boarded up window. The roof seems to be made of wooden shingling. So far as you can see there are no hostiles outside the building, you cannot see inside.

Kain, as you're fumbling in the darkness you come to a ledge, you cannot tell how far down it goes, but following it you reach a wall about fifteen feet from where you originally fell. Following it the other way you come across another ledge, perpendicular to the first. You feel your way to yet another wall which in turn meets up with the original wall. You guess that the room is about thirty feet by twenty feet, and you fell about in the middle.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

After Kurt finishes his report, Max turns to Matt and says, "Okay, let's go.".

Max then opens the door, sprints quickly to the other building, and slams open the door to the other building, ducking to his right to allow Matt a clear shot against anyone inside who appears hostile.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Matt covers Kurts run, then takes aim inside the building as the door opens. If he sees any thing inside that might be alive, aim at it, shooting if it appears hostile. If nothing is inside, he moves forward, motioning to kurt to move in.

Go Tigers!

12. - Top - End - #102

Kurt Scarborough
    "The windows are all boarded up and visibility is terrible here. I'm coming down - sniper coverage isn't going to help if there's any hostiles inside, and I'll do a lot more good inside if there's hostiles out here."

Abandoning his Ghillie Suit (The cleanup crew can handle recovery later, same with the suitcase) Kurt takes a cautious look around before picking up his rifle and making his way swiftly across to the doorway, rifle in hand and a couple of spare ammunition clips in pocket.

"There's little I can do covering the building. Without a spotter and some way of getting line of fire to any hostiles I'll be of more use down here. Even without ironsights the AW Covert is still very useful."

He was right, of course. Even with the bolt action and lack of ironsights of the Covert, its high powered rounds made it just as effective as an assault rifle user without special training.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-12-08 at 12:39 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

The door kicks open easily, and you see what you assume is one of the aliens that teen spoke of. He stands a good foot taller than most humans, and is covered in spiky black armor that glistens oddly. In his hand is an odd looking weapon that vaguely resembles a gun, but far curvier than any weapon you have ever seen, and with a large bulge near the tip of the barrel. There is another lying dead on the floor, with a round metal object that glows red lying on his chest. The glow isn't extremely bright but it pulses every few seconds. The alien calls out in a harsh sounding voice Identify yourself or be shot! He has an odd accent, unlike any you have ever heard, and he points his gun as he says this.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Matt raises his weapon and takes aim at the creature. "Your the new people on the block, identify yourself first!"

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

OoC: I'm not sure where I am. I originally was going into the other building, but Kurt did it instead. I'll just assume I'm holding down the fort with Alex unless you all say otherwise.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: looks to me like me and kurt were covering you (i put the wrong name in my post about covering someone, my b.) and you opened the door. then kurt came down from his hill and i stayed where i was.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

OoC: Okay, that makes sense.

After Max rolls right he misjudges the distance and slams into the other wall, but it able to end up in a kneeling crouch with his shotgun trained on the alien. Heh, so much for appearances., Max thinks.

After Matt speaks, Max adds, "We're agents of the United States Government. You actions have violated 18 CFR 36-5, namely kidnapping of a minor and trespass of government property. Throw down your weapon and we will deal peacefully. Resistance is futile.". Max says the last sentence with a crooked smile, as he thinks I've always wanted to say that to an alien. Let's hope we can actually back it up.

18. - Top - End - #108

[OOC: Sorry for the delay. I could only get on for a little while, and the comic had just been posted, so the forums weren't responding well.]

The alien calls out in his harsh tongue "I do not fear you worms. Drop you weaponry, for though I do not come to harm you, the child you seek is forfeit, as are his half-blood parents. If you seek to stop my mission, your lives are forfeit as well.

It is obvious that although he has a rather heavy accent, he knows english well.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

19. - Top - End - #109

((Oh come on, don't tell me this is dead!))

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt steps back, and, allowing the rifle to fall slightly slack in his hands, slowly pulls his sidearm from his holster and allows it to fall to the ground, the police sniper doing his best to look non threatening while he tries to see a good angle of attack.

Spot - (1d20+4)[15]
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-12-20 at 02:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

"Half-blood parents?" Matt asks, as he lowers his weapon. "What are you talking about? While your explaining that, I'd also like to know what the hell your doing on this planet."

Go Tigers!

21. - Top - End - #111

I'll explain then, he says in a condescending voice. About fifty years ago, a space program was launched from our planet. Your planet was the first to be discovered with "intelligent" life on it. Several of our scouts disappeared, and our government assumed they had been killed. However, when we sent in scouts again, we discovered they had used our technology to cross breed, creating these abomination's parents. Our planets law is clear, both the children and their parents are sentenced to death.

Kurt, you don't see any better angle of attack than where you are.
    Last edited by kirbsys; 2007-12-21 at 07:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

"That may be the law on your planet, but if you take a look around, you may realize something. You ain't in Kansas no more, Dorothy. This is OUR world. and here, Killing someone is illegal (unless your in Texas). So i suggest you take your alien ass outta here."

Go Tigers!

23. - Top - End - #113

I'll give you one more chance. Drop your weapons, and stop hindering my mission, or I'll be forced to execute you!!!

He (due to the censor not allowing me to say *****) pulls back a lever readying ammo on his weapon causing a clicky sound and holds it ready to fire.

[OOC: And I'm officially an orc now. Cool.]
    Last edited by kirbsys; 2007-12-21 at 09:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

"And i'll give YOU one more chance. Get the hell off of Earth or we'll send you back in a casket!" Matt takes the safety off his winchester and raises it, aiming at the alien.

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, Kain just waits in the hole, hoping that somebod will come and pick him up sooner or later.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

26. - Top - End - #116

The alien squeezes the trigger, and you hear a quick whooshing sound, similar to that of an air powered gun, and you see the wall behind you erupt in a fountain of wood.

Max, you're first in initiative, Matt, you're second, Kurt, you got last.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

"*%&#!", exclaims Max as he flinches slightly as chunks of wood and dirt rain down around him. Max steadies himself in the crouched firing position in the right side corner near the door and pulls the trigger of his shotgun.
    Last edited by Elektro; 2007-12-23 at 08:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Matt dodges the flying splinters, then aims and shoots at the alien.

attack: (1d20+2)[7]
    damage;: (2d10)[19]

Go Tigers!

29. - Top - End - #119

The room flashes as two gunshots are heard, the first the loud boom of a shotgun, the second from a Winchester. The shotgun's spray rips apart the wall opposite the alien, and the winchester bullet takes out a window in a spray of glass, the alien however seems fine, none of the bullets came near him.

Everyone not there heres several loud gunshots, as well as some yelling that you cannot make out. Alex, as soon as the gunshots go off Nick hits the floor, then seeing the gunshots aren't around him, takes off into the rain.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

30. - Top - End - #120

Kurt Scarborough
    "Casket it is." says Kurt, cooly, as his player notices this again (the danged forum isn't showing updates on threads properly) and swiftly brings his rifle up and squeezes the trigger, a single high caliber round erupting with a soft 'thwip' from the polished steel barrel, the shot embedding itself in the wall while Kurt withdraws into the rain.

Attack - (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage - (2d8)[14]
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-12-29 at 12:09 AM.