New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: S.C.A.R.S. D20 Modern

After his shot misses high right, Max quickly adjusts his aim and squeezes the trigger of the Bennelli.

OoC: Should I be rolling? I seem to remember you said you'd do that, but if not let me know.
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Matthew curses when he sees his shot miss, before raising his weapon and firing again.

attack: (1d20+2)[22]
    damage: (2d10)[7]

Go Tigers!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

w00t! possible crit.

crit confirm: (1d20+2)[9]

not so w00t.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2007-12-29 at 12:27 AM.

Go Tigers!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

There is a soft thwump as the sniper rifle shoots, it hits the wall across from the alien, missing completely. The shotgun blast catches him across the chest in spray of blood. There is a third shot from the winchester that catches the alien in the chest.

[OOC:When announcing an attack or skill use, roll, if I'm telling you that you need to make a save or some other reflex, I'll roll for you.]
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

"Die, damn it!" Matthew yells at the creatures, shooting again.

attack: (1d20+2)[21]
    damage: (2d10)[17]

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Drop your weapon and get down on the ground NOW!" Max yells as he aims another blast from his shotgun at the alien creature.

Attack: (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage: (2d8)[13]
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kurt Scarborough
    Having pulled back to a relatively safe extent, Kurt raises the rifle and fires it again.

Attack - (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage - (2d10)[15]

8. - Top - End - #128

The alein raises its rifle towards Max and squeezes the trigger, you hear another quick rushing sound, and then you feel a flash of pain in your arm. You take 4 points of damage. The winchster fires off again, this time catching the alien in the face, he slumps to his knees then falls on the ground. A pool of blood surrounds his body, then you smell acrid smoke, and there's nothing left but his gun and armor and dried black goo.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

9. - Top - End - #129

((Travel the galaxy...meet exciting new people...and kill them...))
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Matthew walks up and grabs the aliens gun, turning it about in his hand. "I wonder if their guns are anything like ours..."

Go Tigers!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Goddammit.", says Max trough clenched teeth as he gingerly examines the large gash on his right arm. "F#$%^& alien just had to shot my good arm, now didn't it."[/I][/I] Max uses his shotgun to prop himself up and moves towards the goo while reloading the Benelli.

Well, let's grab this stuff and police the rest of the area. Grab that thing in the other alien's chest; maybe we can use it to open the craft. I'm going to dress my wound and look for something to get Kain out of that hole with." Max reports to Alex and Kain via radio and begins to scout the rest of the building and look for the dorr on the other side of the pit.
    Last edited by Elektro; 2007-12-29 at 11:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Kurt Scarborough
    "Put the gun back where it was - let's call in cleanup; the eggheads are sure to want to have a good look at this stuff."

Kurt kneels, and examines the black goo, looking for the bullets that hit the alien.

"Must be some sort of contingency - the goo'll be gone in a few moments." he muttered, and then revises his earlier words. "Let's grab the armour and gun and get it out of here, before whatever other failsafes they have kick in."

"<Who has a camera? We need to get pictures of this quickly before it goes away.>" he calls over the radio.

13. - Top - End - #133

The gun is far lighter than a normal rifle, and feels like it is made of the same material as the ship, although you can't be sure. The design is similar to that of an assault rifle, but it is more fluid, and the tip of the barrel ends in a bulb. Looking more closely you see that there's a magazin that feeds into the top of the gun.

Kurt, the bullets are all gone, although there are several small pellets, most likely from the shotgun blasts.

Max, there's a door that leads to a stair case on the wall opposite where the alien stood. Following the rickety stairs down you come to a wooden door, and just as you suspected, it opens to the other side of the hole in the floor.

EDIT: Oh, I figured I should mention this again, since no one seemed to notice the first time, at the first gun-shots, Nick (the teenager) ran out into the rain.
    Last edited by kirbsys; 2007-12-30 at 01:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

is there a trigger or something that might be used as one on the gun?

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #135

Yes, the gun is remarkably similar to human weaponry, although designed diferently, and the handle feels uncomforatable to you.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Matthew keeps the gun with him, though he keeps his trusty Winchester in his hands, after reloading it.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #137

Kurt Scarborough
    "Don't fire it - we don't know how much the alien had left in the clip, and we want the boffins to have something to replicate." repeats Kurt, salvaging the spiky black armour away from the bubbling goo and letting it lie next to the wall.

"Seperate the equipment. If the aliens had a grenade, we don't want to lose all the artefacts because they were together. Unfortunate as it is, we're also going to need to hunt down Nick and bring him in, as well as any relations he has. We may be facing a covert war, and we'll need every edge we can get."

18. - Top - End - #138

((Oops....must have missed that.))

Alex dashes after Nick, trying to convince him to stop running.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Matt places the gun next to the armor. I wonder what the hell that thing shoots...hey Max, was your wound a through-and-through, or could we maybe get a bullet outta your arm?
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2007-12-30 at 02:05 PM.

Go Tigers!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

With all the racket going on, Alex obviously running away and leaving him alone in the hole, Kain mutters darkly to himself:

"I just hope those guys won't left me to rot in this hole."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Max turns to Matt and says, "It looks like this wound is cauterized, so I can wait until the cleanup crew gets here. Thanks. Do you mind going to help Alex try and find that kid?

Max then tosses the camera to Kurt to let him document the remains. "Good idea, Kurt. You can check this stuff and call the cleanup crew. I'm going to get Kain out of that hole.

Max then looks around for any materials he can use to jury-rig a platform/ladder to get Kain out of the pit. Using whatever he can find, he takes his time and builds a structure get Kain out.

Craft: Structural: (1d20+8)[24]

[OoC: I'll take 20 if you allow it. Time to make those skill points pay off! ]

22. - Top - End - #142

The goo dissolves rather quicly,and within sixty seconds, it's gone.

Alex, following Nick out into the rain you manage to keep up, however you neither gain on him, nor does he stop running.

Max, you manage to find enough wood to make a make-shift ladder, however it will take a bit of time, I'll tell you when it's finished.

Amid the armor you find a two small spheres of metal, both with a small knob that looks as if it can be pushed in. You also find several metal objects that are rather small, with markings on them. There are about fifty of them total, and there are three different types. There seems to be no cloth or other type of clothing left.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

23. - Top - End - #143

Alex keeps following Nick.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

"Just in case the thought goes through your head, don't push those knobs. Put 'em to the side in case they go off or something."

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #145

As Nick runs down off the hill he trips up, and lands in the mud, you manage to catch up to him. What do you want to do now?

Max, your ladder is finished.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

26. - Top - End - #146

"Why did you run away?" Alex asks.

27. - Top - End - #147

Spoiler
    Show
    Crap, I just realised Kurt doesn't qualify for Dead Aim, because he has Wis 11. Would it be possible to exchange my strength and wisdom scores, so he qualifies?

Also, it can be assumed that we all have cellphones, or at least some method of calling base, right?

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt nods, and steps outside, pulling a cellphone from his pocket and punching in the speed dial for SCARS' front. 'Johnny's Pizza' indeed.

"Hello, I'd like to order a medium pepperoni pizza, hold the pepperoni." he said, bypassing the 'cashier'.

"This is Kurt. We've encountered and engaged one of the aliens, and require immediate pickup and retrieval of alien artefacts."

"...Yes, sir. I'm sure the alien was hostile. Rifles are weapons of war, not self defence, sir."

"...No, sir. The grey dissolved into bubbling black goo the moment he was killed."

"...It looked to be a sort of contingency, as the goo evaporated within a minute. We do have another dead specimen, who appears to have been unaffiliated with the one in black armour."

"...Yes, we have recovered the alien's armour and rifle. The armour has two objects, which I believe may be the alien equivalent of hand grenades, and what could possibly be ammunition. We've avoided handling them except to move them from the goo."

"...There's also a boy, Nick, who the alien claimed was a human/alien hybrid. We're going to have to bring him in as well."

"...With all due respect, this can wait for debriefing, sir. The aliens could send their own cleanup crew any minute, and we don't want to be here when they do."
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-01-04 at 09:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

[OOC: Sure, switching out the scores is fine by me}

...Retrieval? You were NOT ordered to engage the aliens unless they were hostile!

....I'll send in a med team to do an on site dissection and then retrieve the corpse.

....It did what?

....Do we have the alien's equip, or was that lost too?

....Anything else?

....That boy could be dangerous, we need him to be questioned immeadiately.

....Fine I'll send in a clean up team as well as a few more men to cover you. As soon as the area is secure I'll need you to return to the town and investigate the kid's parents, see if the original aliens are still around, and if they are, they're our top priority. The back up team will be there at 01:00 hours. Over and out.

It's exactly midnight right now, so you still have an hour before the team arrives.

Nick sputters the mud out of his mouth, then says shakily I'm sorry, I heard the gunshots and I panicked, I didn't want to get captured again. You might be some super spy kid with the military, but man, I don't see this stuff every day.
    He gets up trying to get some of the mud off of himself.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Matt heads back to the other house to check on Nick and Alex. When he realizes that they aren't there, he tries to get Alex on the walkie-talkies.

"Alex? This is Matt. Where are you and the other kid? What the hell happened?

Go Tigers!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Max takes his ladder and places it inside the pit with the assistance of Kain.

Max says to Kain with a chuckle, "Next time we bring rope."