New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: S.C.A.R.S. D20 Modern

Kain

After getting out of the hole, Kain thanks to Max and smiles.

"That sounds like a good plan. Or a pair of springs, so I can just jump out of any hole.

So, what is the deal with all the gunshots I heard? You guys had all the fun without me?"
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alex responds to Matt: "We're a bit down the hill. Nick freaked out when he heard gunshots and tried to run away." Turning to Nick, he says: "I can understand the sentiment, but listen to me when I say that you are much safer with us than you are trying to run from those aliens. Now, we're going to take you to a safer place until we can get to the bottom of this. While we're there, the suits may ask you some questions to speed our investigation. So, you have no idea why what happened happened?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking at the bloody bandage on his right arm with a wry grin, he says to Kain, "It wasn't ALL fun. We got one alien, I think. It could come back again since it's body dissolved away. Let's go see what base has to say" Max then walks upstairs to Kurt and asks him what the situation is.
    Last edited by Elektro; 2008-01-05 at 05:44 PM.
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

4. - Top - End - #154

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt, putting away the cellphone, pulls the walkie talkie headset over.

"<HQ's sending cleanup, due in an hour, with a backup team. When they arrive, we've got orders to secure the area and then head into town to find the original aliens.>"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

No, like I said the aliens picked me and my girlfriend up at those woods over there, then when I woke up, I was tied to that chair. Every once and a while they would call me "half-blood" or something, but I dunno what they meant.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

"You'll get better Max, don't worry. I appreciate your help, and I'm in your debt. Wish I could help you with that wound of yours, but I'm no doctor. I'm sure doctors at HQ will do better work. In the meantime, I suggest that we get out of here ASAP. I wouldn't want any unexcepted surprises."

With that, Kain heads out towards the others.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

7. - Top - End - #157

[OOC: Anyone there? :Echo: :Echo:]

interesting that it says that is too short...
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Max was waiting for backup and Alex to get back to the buildings with Nick. I have no idea where he is, since I was helping Kain. The character limits trips if your text is in brackets.
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

9. - Top - End - #159

((I was waiting for Alex to get back to the building...))

10. - Top - End - #160

OOC: Kurt is standing outside the building holding his rifle and generally looking badass while he waits for the backup to arrive.

11. - Top - End - #161

Kain, you notice something moving along in the darkness about fifty ffet from the hill, all of the sudden you notice another two each about forty degrees away from each other coming from the west.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

Nudging Max and pointing at the approaching figures, Kain says to him:

"I really hope it's our guys, but I'm not taking anything for granted."

With that he pulls his glock out of his holster, and shouts to the approaching figures:

"We see you! Identify yourself so we know what danger you present!"

13. - Top - End - #163

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt, hearing Kain shouting and seeing his glock pointed at some forms in the darkness, steps into the shadow of the building and raises his rifle, taking aim at one of the moving forms Kain was pointing his Glock at.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions in order:
    1. 5ft step into shadow. Hide - (1d20+10)[14]
    2. Attack action to acquire one of the targets in his scope.
    3. Full Round Action to Dead Aim the target.
    4. Ready action to shoot the target if Kain opens fire.

Attack - (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage - (2d10)[2]

EDIT: Wow. A 4, a 4, and 2 natural ones.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-01-12 at 03:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

You hear a voice call out, rather similar to the one you heard before, HUMANS! We don't want to fight you! The boy will not be harmed, however according to our laws, we MUST bring him with us. If you hand him over, you can live.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Matt turns to the others. "This is a free country, We should leave it up to the kid." He turns to Nick. "So kid, you wanna go with the aliens, or do you want to stay here and watch us kick more extraterrestrial ass?"

Go Tigers!

16. - Top - End - #166

Go with them??? You're kidding right? If the first one wanted to kill me, what makes these guys any different?
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

"If he's not going to be hurt why couldn't you ask him what you wanted while you had him tied in there? I think you're bluffing! I'll give you similiar proposal. Get away while you can, and you'll live. One of your comrades has already been killed, do you wan the same to happen to you?"

Intimidate - (1d20)[8]

18. - Top - End - #168

Humans, are your lands ruled by one government? Neither are ours, we have planetary laws, however each government disagrees on the sentences. If you tell the truth, the one that would have slain the child was not with us. We do have an ally on planet, however we lost contact with him twenty earth-minutes ago.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

19. - Top - End - #169

Alex responds to this: "You have to admit, he's got a point. Just because they aren't from our planet doesn't mean they can't have multiple governmental systems like ourselves."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

"I'm not arguing that Alex. Give me a second to think."

After few seconds he once again yells into the darkness:

"We promise you nothing, since we need the kid as well. However, if you come closer perhaps we can talk better. We promise that we won't shoot you. Just don't try anything stupid."

He then sends message to Kurt over walkie talkie:

"Keep a gun trained on them Kurt and shoot if they try anything funny."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

hm...What if we wait for the back up to get here, then some of our forces go with them and the kid? enough of a force to make it worth their while to bring them all back alive?

Go Tigers!

22. - Top - End - #172

Suddenly, from around in the darkness a total of eight figures group together, then advance slowly. Yo see that they carry similar weapons to what the other alien had, their armor is similar, but different in many ways. The one in front is obviously the leader, all of them wear black helmets preventing you form seeing their faces, however his has red outlining that decorates the helmet.

We recognize that you have your laws, he says, however, so do we. The boy must be brought to our planet, he will be allowed to live freely there, however we cannot leave him here.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

23. - Top - End - #173

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt sighed, and he lowered his rifle, thinking about the circumstances. He was certainly right to call in backup.

"<Call HQ. We need someone from command here. Tell them that we do not have the authority to turn over the boy. Make a comparison to asking a shopkeeper to make a decision for an entire planet. Ask one of the grunts to negotiate a peace treaty to give an example if you must.>" he says over the radio, taking the time to move a little further into the shadow and lie on his stomach, training his sights on the one which was obviously the leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acquiring the leader in scope, taking Dead Aim of leader.

Taking 10 on hide (he's changed the way he's hiding) for DC 20 Spot.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Matt, getting Kurts message, address the aliens. "We're willing to negotiate with you, however we will have to call our commanding officers, as we cannot work on negotiations this big alone. I'm sure you understand, being, i would assume, military yourself. Just as the 12 of us couldn't negotiate a treaty between our two planets, the 12 of us cannot negotiate the trade of a human life. That is a job for someone higher up the totem pole. If you'll excuse me for just a moment, i'll get that man on the radio.

He steps back behind the others, and speaks into his radio, keeping his voice low. "Hello, HQ? This is Matthew, on the recon. team sent out to the odd ship. We have made contact with a group of 8 of the extraterrestrials. They wish to take one of the locals, a teen, claims to be called Nick. We also heard the other alien we killed early mention that he and another of the teens in the town were "half-breeds". Apparently the ET's have been here before. The group were talking to say they dont worth with the ones we killed, though we have no proof of that. We need someone from command here ASAP to work this out, I have a feeling its a bit to big for our little recon. team to handle.

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

"This is above my pay grade as well." Max hangs back a little bit to keep an eye on the situation, and to not be in the middle of things if conflict breaks out again after already being injured.

[OOC: I'm going to be in Saint Louis for a med school interview for the nest couple of days. I'll try to get on, but if not you all can play my character as needed. Try not to kill him. ]
    Last edited by Elektro; 2008-01-13 at 09:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt swings his rifle around, and takes careful aim at Max's skull, gently squeezing the trigger. Brain matter flew everywhere as the projectile flew cleanly through his head before he landed in the ground with a wet thump.

Attack - (20d1+8)[28]
    Damage - (10d1+10)[20]
    Critical Damage - (10d1+10)[20]

Sure. Good luck and stay safe, Elektro.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-01-14 at 02:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Sorry I haven't posted sooner, Internet wasn't working and then, when it finally started, the new comic had been posted and the web-site took forever to load, so I couldn't post a response.

HQ responds back immeadiatelyIf at all possible avoid conflict with the aliens, however do NOT hand over the kid, he could be very important. The ETA for the other two teams is still about half an hour, when they get there we can negotiate some sort of deal with them... If possible I'd like to bring them in, being the first nation to make peaceful contact with off-worlders would help America greatly. Like I said, hold out another half hour, avoid combat with the aliens, but above all else, do not hand over the kid.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Matt walks back to the aliens. I've just recieved word from HQ. A team is on its way out here to work out some sort of agreement, they should be here in roughly half an hour. However, until then We have no say in what goes on, other than orders to keep things how they are now. In addition, HQ has offered to take some of you back to base to see if we can negotiate a peace treaty between our to worlds, or, failing that, our two nations.

Go Tigers!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

After hearing the reply from HQ, Max goes and sits on the doorstep to the building that housed the hostile alien. Let's see if I can find a way to stall them for a while.

"So, while we wait, tell us about yourselves. I mean, it's not everyday a human meets an alien," says Max with a grin.

[OOC: That post above was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh! ]
    Last edited by Elektro; 2008-01-20 at 05:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Very well, we will await the arrival of your comrades, I hope that we can reach an arrangement.

He then looks at Max, If you wish to know more about our race, I shall be more than happy to oblige you. The earliest recorded history we have dates back a mere nine thousand years, and tells of the forming of two great empires, both of which are still in contest over our home world. We achieved space flight one thousand years ago, and two hundred years ago discovered faster than light travel. Your planet was discover about fifty years ago, our first contact was with the "Russians" in the cold north. They however did not know that we were an alien species. As far as we know, there are eight sentient life forms in the galaxy, including yours and ours.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge