New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: S.C.A.R.S. D20 Modern

Ryan produces a fake set of orders from under his jacket and hands them to the Lieutenant. He reads them over and then says aloud, So your commanding officer is in the town ten miles out of here? Well, our CO will want to talk to him... We'll be back when we get the clearance.

After they have driven off Ryan looks at you, Hopefully they won't be back until after we've finished with cleanup. Now then, Jack told me that he wants you to go into town and investigate the kids parents. Where are the kid and the aliens?
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

Mad King Avatar Courtesy of Abardam. Thanks man!

Please do click this link: Wonderful homebrew, articles and other resources.

The Forge

2. - Top - End - #212

Right, so interest seems to be declining in this game, does everyone want to quit or what?
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

((I'm still very much interested in the game, I just can't do much at this point.))
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #214

((Same, just waiting for something to happen, since Kurt is keeping his sights on the alien commander.))

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

((sorry, the thread never seems to pop up in my CP))

"The kid and the aliens are with the others in one of the buildings i think. I just told them to hide when i realized it wasn't you coming."

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Kain

"I think it would be good not to let them waiting for too long. If you'll follow me I'll take you to them, Ryan."

With that, Kain sets back to where they left aliens and Alex.

((I'm still interested in this game but I don't like posting if I don't have anything to say. Yes, I'd like to continue playing.))
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

7. - Top - End - #217

Ryan follows you up the hill speaking as he goes, So there are actually aliens? I'm surprised. Your group's first mission and you get contact, we went off on about seven or eight wild goose hunts so far and nothing. He seems a bit jealous. Anyways, the paramilitary team should be here within the day to blockade the town, however we need you to find the parents beforethat happens, understood? Good then... He stops dead in his tracks once he sees the alien. Amazing...
    ((OOC: My posting may be sporadic, I'm moving right now and our internet hasn't been set up yet, should be done within a month, so for now I can only get on at school.))
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Max nods and turns to Alex. "See if you can find out where that kid's parents are. I'm ready to wrap this up already. I'm not as young as I used to be." At that last statement, he looks at his bandaged arm with a mix of humor and exasperation.

[[OOC: Sorry, I've been busy with med school interviews and the like. I'm ready to go again!]]
    Last edited by Elektro; 2008-02-14 at 06:11 PM.
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

9. - Top - End - #219

Alex looks at Max and arches an eyebrow. "How do you propose I do that? His human parent, sure, but what about his other one?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Let's at least find out where his "human" parent is. They might even both be here in disguise. See if you can get his address or their phone number. They're probably worried since he's been gone for a while now. You're closer to his age, so he might be more open with you,"
    Max replies.
    Last edited by Elektro; 2008-02-14 at 07:05 PM.
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

"As for the other parents...why dont we start with our current experts on this case. Lets go ask the aliens."

Go Tigers!

12. - Top - End - #222

Kurt Scarborough
    Kurt stands and steps out from his hiding place (no doubt surprising the aliens), changing the clip in his rifle while walking casually over to where he left his suitcase.

"Give me a moment to get ready. Be seeing you around, aliens who will not give themselves a name." he says, almost casually, as he disassembles his weapon and packs it away into the suitcase, and gathers up his ghillie tarp into the bag again. As he rejoins the group, he motions towards the aliens.

"And we can hardly keep calling them aliens. Let's go ask them how they pronounce their names. We can learn."

13. - Top - End - #223

As I have said, we have no names, it is not that it would not be possible for you to speak them, it is that our language is different from yours. A single sentence is expressed through a certain sound much the same way as a single character in your worlds japanese is a full word rather than your English's individual letters.

He turns to Ryan, It is good to meet you. I assume you will be our liaison to your government? Good.
    He turns back to you, Now as for the childs parents, I am afraid I can be of little help. I know little more than you. I will tell you what I do know however. A space crew arrived on your planet nearly one hundred years ago, and five of ours were lost. The flight returned. Our rivals then sent a space crew more recently, and discovered the child's origins three months before. I believe that there may be more of the half-breeds in the community. We learnt only one Earth-day ago that they existed when we engaged our enemies in a brief fire-fight and interrogated the survivors.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

14. - Top - End - #224

Kurt Scarborough
    "Not good enough - If you can learn our languages, then we will find a way to learn yours."

Kurt wasn't giving up that easily.

"What about a phrase saying who you are - your equivalent of the english phrase 'I am American'?"

15. - Top - End - #225

You allowed us to come to a deal with you instead of simply firing upon us, so I suppose I will humor you. He lets out a series of low growls and what sounds almost like grinding. Translated into English letters something like this: Krssh Thr :phlegm: krshhnahk.

((OOC: So how do you spell Achmed? A-C-Pleghm....))
    Last edited by kirbsys; 2008-02-26 at 06:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My first avatar.

The Forge

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

krssh thr phlegm krssnak? Matt lets out, sounding (somewhat, in a round-about kinda way) like the aliens right...Something tells me that most of the human race, except maybe the welsh, are gonna need something else to call you.

((OOC: that wasn't that bad for not copying. my memories better than i thought.))
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-02-25 at 07:52 PM.

Go Tigers!