Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Random thoughts about DCF strips

    I recently reread the whole storyline, including the two prequels. Here are my random thoughts about strips #1 - #121.

    #1: Why doesn't Belkar like being a ranger?

    #5: Why aren't the goblin ninjas doing anything?

    #13: If you can, compare the drawing of the castle with that of SoD. Times have changed...

    #14: After what happened with
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Francois
    , I can believe Elan would be able to do that.

    #28: "It was worse at my height". Somehow I overlooked that joke all the time.

    #50: "a nigh-unstoppable army". Does this mean it WAS eventually stopped? If yes, by what?

    #61: What happened to all the monsters? Why don't they get in the way of the OOTS?

    #82: So the dungeon has fifteen (or so) levels. Pretty big indeed. And Roy said that the levels are very big... must be a great scenario to play.

    #90: It's Belkar's style, but Haley mentioned it first.

    #95: Xykon must've killed innumerable goblins over the decades. Not to mention the thing about
    Spoiler
    Show
    Redcloak's brother
    . So why is Redcloak so shocked now?

    #104: Why the buffet? The OOTS couldn't possibly fall on that (except Elan maybe)?

    #105: Are the monster decorations by Dorukan, or later added by Xykon?

    #109: Again a joke about the complicated AoO rules :)

    #110: 40 years ago? And blood on Xykon's robes? Does that fit together with SoD?

    #113: The roaches have climbed V!

    #115: The goblins say they surrender because they're not paid anymore, but shouldn't they be happy to be freed of Xykon?

    #117: Xykon dead for 30 years? And the other gates get mentioned too.
    Last edited by Max_Sinister; 2007-10-28 at 07:59 PM.
    My random thoughts about:
    Dungeon Crawling Fools - OtOoPCs - NCftPB - War and XPs

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random thoughts about DCF strips

    Uh, Belkar dosn't like being a ranger? He seems to be alright with it to me.

    The buffet was a joke, you'll notice it never shows up again.
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Bushranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random thoughts about DCF strips

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #28: "It was worse at my height". Somehow I oversaw that joke all the time.
    *groans*

    Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

    BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random thoughts about DCF strips

    Sorry, am no native English-speaker. Corrected.
    My random thoughts about:
    Dungeon Crawling Fools - OtOoPCs - NCftPB - War and XPs

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Green Bean's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random thoughts about DCF strips

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    Sorry, am no native English-speaker. Corrected.
    While it was technically incorrect English, I'm pretty sure the groan was because of your accidental pun.

    Heh. Oversaw.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    David Argall's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random thoughts about DCF strips

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    I recently reread the whole storyline, including the two prequels. Here are my random thoughts about strips #1 - #121.

    #1: Why doesn't Belkar like being a ranger?
    The 3.0 ranger was a distinctly front-loaded class, which meant the ranger of Belkar's level was "suboptimal", AKA "sucked". So there was considerable hope among the ranger players that 3.5 would be beneficial to them. As Belkar found out, this was not always true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #5: Why aren't the goblin ninjas doing anything?
    They are funny doing nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #13: If you can, compare the drawing of the castle with that of SoD. Times have changed...
    Just better art.

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #50: "a nigh-unstoppable army". Does this mean it WAS eventually stopped? If yes, by what?
    Come back about strip #700 and we may know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #61: What happened to all the monsters? Why don't they get in the way of the OOTS?
    There is a wall of ice blocking them, which only melts after the party leaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #95: Xykon must've killed innumerable goblins over the decades. Not to mention the thing about
    Spoiler
    Show
    Redcloak's brother
    . So why is Redcloak so shocked now?
    SOD was not written at that time, indeed possibly not even thought of. So we do not have a perfect match. And Redcloak could still be upset at the loss of a friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #105: Are the monster decorations by Dorukan, or later added by Xykon?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #110: 40 years ago? And blood on Xykon's robes? Does that fit together with SoD?
    Reasonably.

    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Sinister View Post
    #115: The goblins say they surrender because they're not paid anymore, but shouldn't they be happy to be freed of Xykon?
    Being freed of Xykon means being "freed" of their ability to attack other people. Being evil, they prefer to beat up others even if that means they get beat up too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •