New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Chance

1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A New Chance

Pulse

Pulse nods, "You're right, I think... his name is Inferno. Can't figure out why I called him Brimstone, unless it was because he seemed so unhappy with the name he'd been given."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #542
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Murky

"Well, I'm looking for the biggest thing you've got in stock. But a friend of mine has told me that he might be interested in a bulk purchase, and he's asked me to see if I could arrange a meeting to discuss that possibility."

Murky waves the gun a bit. "Preferably.. as soon as possible." Murky waves the gun in the direction of the phone. "My friend doesn't like to be kept waiting. And I don't think you're the man to talk to. So perhaps you'd like to get me in touch with the guy I should talk to about such an order?"

Murky really wanted to just put this guy down.. but he had to figure out who was actually part of the Neo-Mafia first, or he wouldn't have anywhere to go next. And as much as he wanted to get rid of these guys, he wasn't going to torture anyone for information. So, slow and impatient was the name of the game. At least for now.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nosferatu

Nosferatu gives a sigh of relief.

"At least its them. I was worried that the base might already be under attack. Thats the last thing we need at the moment."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behold Nosferatu, the Plant Vampire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

Referring to Pop Yule Ashun:
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberRebirth View Post
    evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Halfling in the Playground

“The Man”

As Angie casually navigated the roads and wove their way through the sparse traffic of the back roads towards Bob’s Sammiches, they noticed a hitchhiker next to a Harley-Davidson. The biker was about 5’10 and looked the part with his various tattoos, leather jacket, dark sunglasses and long shaggy beard.
    “Hey boss, can we stop here and take a look at his Harley?”
    “Fine, fine. Just don’t take too long.”
    She parked just past the hitchhiker started toward the motorcycle, ‘The Man’ exiting a few seconds after her. “Hey mister, you have a problem with your bike? I can take a look at it for you.”
    “Nah, I just need a ride. I’ll come back to fix it later.”
    She bent down and took a closer look at it, and then looked up and said “But I can fix it right now. It’s only a simple problem in the wiring. I can take care of it in a jiffy. Let me go get my tools.” After which she ran back to the Limo. Meanwhile ‘The Man’ had come up right to where they were standing.
    “Your girl sure knows a thing or two about bikes” The biker seemed agitated.
    ‘The Man’ started rubbing his chin and looked down at the biker, “Actually, I was wondering how a man of the streets like yourself didn’t notice that simple wiring problem. I was under the impression that your lot took care of your bikes like most folks take care of their children.”
    He seemed more and more nervous as ‘The Man’ had spoken “Just what are you trying to imply.” he growled.
    “Nothing, nothing. It just seems odd, that’s all.” he gave a penetrating gaze towards the biker, as his theme music buzzed with suspense and suspicion.
    Sweat beaded on his brow, and he looked around suspiciously, and then whispered in a hoarse voice “Look, I’m not actually a biker. I’m actually an undercover cop. The department loaned me the bike. I actually don’t know a thing about fixing them. Don’t tell anyone about this or it may cost me my life.”
    “No need to fear, my good man. Your secret is safe with me. I wouldn’t dream of putting an officer of the law at risk. Indeed if there is any way I could expedite your passage I am at your service. If you wish, my limo is at your disposal.” He swept a bow.
    The officer visibly relaxed then chuckled “Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I mean riding up to the bar I’m going to in a limo would be suicide. Besides, who knows what they would do to your ride. You’ll want to steer clear of that area. They don’t take kindly to rich snobs on their turf.” A roar of the engine could be heard. “Wow, she really does work fast”
    Angie was back and crouched over the bike. “Everything seems to be in order mister.” She wiped her hands off before heading back to the limo with her tool bag.
    “Look, I owe you guys one. Just look me up at the PD if you need anything. Just ask for Decker.” He jumped back on his bike and was on the rode again, quickly disappearing from view.

Summary: Meet and fix Decker’s bike. (Connection Ad from level 6)
    Last edited by blennus; 2007-12-12 at 01:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

Pulse looks up, shouting so that Nosferatu can hear him from on top of the vehicle. "I don't think that's a problem, it looks like our celebrity heroes from the mayor's speech are offering their assistance to the national guard."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #546

Nosferatu

Nosferatu hops across the truck and swings into the rear compartment with the other, so not to be overheard by Green.

"Yeah. Hey, in case I forget, remind me to tell them about the meeting tomorrow. Things will run smoother if we get everyone involved at ground level"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

7. - Top - End - #547

Nosferatu

Nosferatu sits for a few more moments of silence. Green must have dropped the speed approaching the base, the last stretch seems to have taken forever. Then again, any amount of time spent immediately before bringing a reformed mass murderer to a potentially hostile army base would seem like an eternity. After the thoughts that plagued his mind earlier, Nosferatu feels compelled to talk to Reaper. Perhaps he holds some secret that could prevent others from collapsing into the dark chasm of insanity opened by the chance for super human powers.

"Hey Reaper. If we are going to talk to these guys and the Mayor, we should probably know a bit more about you. What made you kill in the first place? What made you try and seek the redemption you are persuing now? I know this is not the easiest or simpliest conversation, but better to find out now than in front of judge, jury and executioner."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

8. - Top - End - #548

The Reaper sits silently for a moment, trying to collect the memories that he had managed to piece together, bit by bit, from his own shattered mind. He says, "I remember little from before my transformation. I believe my mind was shattered by the explosion, and I have lost my memories of my previous life bit by bit, like sand pouring from a broken hourglass. My first victims were my parents, when I was very young. I had nearly died in my sleep, and I felt like..." He pauses, grasping both for words and for memories. The fog lifts slightly; he continues, "like I owed Death a debt that had to be paid. I had lived, and I had to repay that gift. I remember little after that, only that the debt was never paid, never satisfied. From my memories from just after the explosion, I believe I was some form of hired killer. Then I was changed, and at last I had the power to pay my debt in full. That first night I went on a murderous rampage, slaughtering dozens of innocents. But the debt was still owed, and so I tried to kill the mayor. I thought that perhaps his death would be worth enough to settle my debt."

"But then, I failed. I had never failed before, never failed to kill anyone that I had tried to kill. Then I saw clearly how many lives I had claimed, and I saw that the debt would never be repaid in blood. If death could not settle the debt, perhaps life could. And so now I sit here, trying to figure out why I survived, and what to do with the life I was given." He then stops for a moment, deep in thought. He says, "I think my life was wasted until now. That is why it is gone. All of it is gone, save the shattered remnants of my crimes. Everything else is gone." He then says, in a barely audible whisper, "Even my own name."
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

9. - Top - End - #549

Nosferatu

Nosferatu sits in silence for a moment. He did not know what to expect… but this was on an entirely different scale from what he anticipated. It was not just someone who murdered for greed or vengeance, it was like a character from an RPG who killed to appease their dark god. And to later find that the god never existed…

To exist in a reality based on such a grand delusion would drive almost anyone insane. And yet, now he seeks redemption. He has lost everything from his previous life. Surely his previous identity would be marked dead or missing with no-one to claim it. It is almost as if his slate was wiped clean in the explosion, only to be stained once again by the murders that took place later that night. Nosferatu was stunned by the dark deeds of the figure speaking to him, and yet, there was a small part of him that was glad that the man was not made a killer by the explosion, but rather it set him onto the path of good. Well, ‘good’ might be a tad strong at this point. At least he has not attacked anyone since they met…

Nosferatu tries to ensure that his voice is steady before speaking again.

“I hope you can find the redemption you seek. At least now you are on the right path. I don’t know how anyone else will react to your moral 180, but as long as you have been telling me the truth, I will try and help ensure you get the opportunity to prove yourself. Who knows, you might just get the chance to save the world some day.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

10. - Top - End - #550

Jason

Coming back upstairs from the light meal Jason could feel his strength regaining. He was noticing weird changes around him, little things mostly. He knew where he was all the time, could 'see' it without looking. And when he did look Jason could see things he'd never noticed before. He could see the light coming out of the window all the way down the hall, he could see the doctor's face through the respirator mask. Every so often he'd look at another patient and get the chills, but somehow different. He could see anything he wanted. And it was amazing.

On his way back Jason stopped at a certain door, another chill moving through his body. He tried to focus, specifically on the door, and everything behind it slowly became clear. Inside a man... more of a monster... lay on the single bed, its blue skin and malformed head gurgling as it struggled to breath. The many bending tentacles shifting from its body moved methodically on their own. Jason quickly pulled back, the image stuck in his head.

He finally returned to his room from just looking around. The nurse walked over to him right before he entered and he quickly pipped up before she had the chance. "What happened to me? What happened to everyone? ... What's going on?" but by the time he asked, hundreds of possible explanations flooded his mind.

Summary: Trying to move my character into the acceptance stage of it all before trying to react externally with other PC's.
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2007-12-14 at 03:23 AM. Reason: darn colors
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

Pulse nods, "It's interesting... the change has also affected my attitudes. If you'd asked me a week ago what kind of super character I would have turned into, I would have said a rather self-absorbed one. Yet I find myself out there, trying to do the right thing... caring where I never cared before."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #552

Nosferatu

"I guess there are people who feel that when gifted with such power, they should use it to help others. Like with the fire, I suppose any of the supers could have trained to become a fireman to help people in that situation before the explosion. Of course, there would surely be others who could be better at it than you. But when you are one of the few who have these kinds of powers..."

Nosferatu trails off, struck with the realisation that he could have done so much more to help others in his 'previous life'. But was it the new powers and the capability for improving the world that drove him now, or was Pulse right, and the chemicals had changed his brain?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

Pulse shrugs, "I once heard the saying, 'Opportunity makes the thief, an honest man is one who has had no chance to steal.' But I don't know if that is true or not... it does seem that the opportunity provided by this power has motivated some to good, and others to evil, but how much of that good or evil was in the person before, it's hard to say."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

14. - Top - End - #554

Nosferatu

"Huh. Good saying. Of course, by that logic there would be at least one altered robbing a bank right now. And we have not heard anything like that. Well, unless they were able to use their powers to disable or bypass every guard and every security system. Or control the guards to do it for them... or melt their way in through the back... or leap from shadows inside the vault... or teleport... or just tear the vault from the building itself..or...

You know, thinking about it now, the banks really aren't prepared for something like this. We should check around later on. The variety of methods used might make a good acid test for how many altered have become criminals."

Nosferatu once again starts to stroke the beard area of his mask in thought.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

Pulse nods, "A lot of institutions aren't prepared to deal with our kind." He pauses suddenly, as if considering something. "Even the non-legal kind..."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #556

Nosferatu

Nosferatu pauses for a moment, then replies.

"Heh. You said that as if someone might... Wow. No way. Are you thinking that someone may have taken the vigilante thing to the source, and gone to slaughter the criminal leaders of the city? Does this city even have underground criminal organisations?

If thats so, what do we do? Warn them? I guess a warning seems misplaced, but if someone decided to go judge jury and executioner on the crime of the city, it could be bad for the entire situation. It will be much worse if they kill and innocent by mistake..."

Nosferatu gives out a sigh.

"Well, I am sure the police will have anticipated it, and know what to do. Hopefully."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

Pulse shakes his head, "Actually, I was thinking of the gangs... then again, considering the areas they spend time in, it's likely several gang members were actually in the blast... it's interesting, I wonder what gifts they received and if it changed the balance of power between the gangs."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #558

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC I'm going to try and get in another post! Huzzah!

Jason

The nurse began to speak, but Jason had his own thoughts to worry about. With every unsolved question there just came more. He needed out of here, needed to clear his head.

"Excuse me." he said loudly enough to cut the nurse off. He entered his room and looked around for what he could gather. His clothes, the ones he remembered wearing, were in the closet. He tossed them on and reached in his pocket. Sure enough, the sharpie was still there.

Jason quickly went to the pillow and drew the figure, the two intersecting ovals. They had always made him feel comfortable, made him feel like he belonged somewhere, and he needed the feeling now more than ever. Whatever was going on, Jason didn't want to become one of those freaks downstairs, those lonely friendless monsters with no one in the world. He would go back home, go back to his family even, but he wouldn't stay here.

Jason quickly left, again ignoring the nurse as she attempted to speak to him. He took the stairs, couldn't stand just watching these sickening images while trapped in the small elevator. When he touched the front door he practically burst out, the sweet freedom just within his reach. He started walking home.

Summary: Got my character out of the hospital, and now will wait to see who or what he comes across on the walk home.
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2007-12-14 at 03:53 AM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

19. - Top - End - #559

Nosferatu

Nosferatu looks a bit caught off balance as his musings turn out to be completely different to what Pulse was considering.

"Huh. I guess that could make things interesting too. I can see the altered heavy gang rising through the ranks of Rainport gangs. I suppose the best case scenario is that every gang is too scared of what the other groups might have in the way of super powers, and violence will die down. More likely is the chance that the toppling of the hierarchy will create a power vacuum, and every low level thug will be making a scramble to establish power. Argh, there are too many factors involved. It would take some kind of super genius to figure this out."

A meaningful look is sent the way of Pulse.
    After another moment of thought, Nosferatu looks to the shadows.

"Hey Reaper, I don't suppose you have had any contact with the gang element of Rainport on your travels, have you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Andrew/Vox Populi
    {Wasn't his name Anthony at the beginning?}

The Mayor answers "We captured and then lost him. Last night when he was recovering in the hospital, he was expressing what was believed to be genuine remorse for his actions. We sent in Dr. Fritz, a respected psychologist, to determine his mental stability. While she was interviewing him, several of the lights were broken, and the Reaper escaped in the shadows. We believe either the Reaper had outside help, or somehow convinced Dr. Fritz to help him. Dr. Fritz disappeared from the scene as well, but from her notes we found at the scene, it is apparent that she believed that the Reaper had a change of heart, but is still not mentally sound. Since his escape, there have been no more bodies recovered that bear his MO. So we believe that he is lying low for the time being."

The Commisoner then speak up: "We have been tossing around the idea of bringing in a special task force designed to combat any that would use their mutations to harm the general public. The main problem with this plan is that we don't really have the resources or the know how to do implement such a plan. In the mean time, I think a suitable alternative would be to go over the roster of those that have registered with the Police. Those that willingly came forward and exposed themselves to the Police, are most likely trust worthy individuals or at least they have a sense of civic duty and the difference between right and wrong. And to express a view that should never be made public: if a few of those that volunteer their services to the Police were to die, then it would be a few less mutants we have to worry about running around."

There's a few muttered agreements, though the Mayor looks like he doesn't really want to agree with that kind of thinking, but he just might have to in the given situation.

Pulse/Nos/Reaper

Green says "This is normal since today, but normal today was unheard of 2 days ago so..." He drives you into camp, and stops at one of the abandoned hangars, "We're here. Follow me." He leads you into the hangar, opening one of the giant sliding metal doors with a code. Inside there is what appears to be fairly large square cage, roughly 20ft to a side. It appears to be made of standard chain link fence. Off to the side is what appears to be a generator of some sort with what may very well be jumper cables clipped onto a side of the cage. There are a total of 9 lights directly above the cage, in a 3x3 set up, that look a lot like spot lights; the middle one is turned off, and as such the dead center of the cage is a little shadowy. There's 12 guards in the room, 3 to each wall, each of them have a few grenades and a machine gun of some sort on them, as well as a side arm. They tense up a little when you enter the room. "Not exactly high tech but it's the best we could do on such short notice." says Green with a shrug.

"Alright Reaper, if you were true to your word, please go into the cage. You will not be harmed unless you first try to harm us, or try to escape; in which case you will be met with lethal force.”

Kid Zeus

After a bit of showing off, the guy ends his song. "Dude, like I was good at playing before man, but like, I've gotten sooo much better since the boom, man. I don't like even need and amp now. Dude, and check it." The rocker plays a heavy power cord and the air around him seems to.... shake is the best word for it, and then he's airborne. As he's laughing, apparently very pleased with himself, a police squad car rounds a corner with its siren and lights on. The officer gets out of the car and while pointed at the rocker says "Oy, you with the guitar up there. We've been getting complaints about the noise, and we've got more important things to worry about than some punk who thinks he's got talent. So do us all a favor and go home and practice in your parent's garage."

A scowl, and smirk cross the rocker's face "I got a better idea, how about you walk home?" The rocker plays a complex riff and when he hits a crescendo, the volume gets wickedly intense, and the same shaking you saw earlier makes a b-line for the cops car which suddenly has all it's window's shatter and the top crumples in.

Legion

You start monolouging, and as you reach for your gun, the leader yells: “Open Fire!” {surprise round}

Shots are fired in a rapid succession, and you soon find yourself resembling swiss cheese {35 damage}. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to threaten police officers who had their guns drawn while obviously going for your own.

Your other clones hear the gunshots, and so do the guards you were holding hostage. The last one captured says ”Get him!” and they rush their lone captor in the deposit room, who never bothered to restrain the guards in any way and try to tackle him to the ground. With his police training, the guard rushes you, and easily takes you down, knocking the gun out of your hand

Davan/Joe

Joe springs down and shoots one of the thugs in the back with a shotgun {you forgot this bit: crit confirmation (1d20+11=20), success} and the thug looks really hurt. The same thug that just got shot pulls out a cell phone/ walkie talkie thing and says "Boss, team A needs some serious help, there's 2 of em." His buddy mean while continues the assault on Davan, but he is obviously concerned for his friend's well being and gets really sloppy with his attacks. Attack and damage rolls (1d20+8=9, 1d8+6=8, 1d20+3=4, 1d8+6=11) {Fricken natural 1, twice!}

Davan then goes ahead and cleans up the Thug on the phone (still alive just down for the count) and thwacks the other one pretty hard.

New round

The Man

You set off on the road again, and eventually get to Bob's Sammiches. You get quite the weirdest collection of looks ever assembled by man kind as you walk into a the local deli in full "super hero" get up. At least 2 people who were about to take a drink are now pouring their beverage all over their lap without noticing it in the slightest. From behind the counter, the infamous Bob says "Ummm... uhhh... What'll it be partner?"

Jason
    {hrmmm... what shall it be.... 1d6=2}

You get to about the end of the walkway for the hospital before you hear a bit of a whooshing sound before there is suddenly a nurse standing in front of you. She looks quite young, and has her black hair in a bun; her name tag says "Jen". Standing there with her arms folded she says "Well Jason, care to explain why you wanted to leave so desperately?" She sounds a lot more curious than overbearing.

Murky

After considering for a moment the shop keeper says, "Tell your friend to be here at 11 pm sharp, and to bring the cash. I don't care what he needs we'll have it. Now that that's out of the way, let's finish our own business." After scouting the area again he reaches under the counter and pulls out a deadly looking revolver (unloaded) and sets it on the table. "That right there is a 50 cal. Not a damn thing'll stand up against that sucker, but it'll set ya back 3k."

21. - Top - End - #561

The Reaper calmly steps forward and enters the cage, steping into the patch of shadow swiftly. He then says, "I will not try to harm you or your men, and I promise not to try to escape unless you start shooting at me without provocation. I assume that's a reasonable condition."

He stretches, then turns to Nosferatu. "Now that you mention it, one of my associates is planning on taking out a gang leader named D-Train. A group of his goons mugged him, and we managed to subdue one and question him. It was originally scheduled for tomorrow, but we might have to postpone, do to present circumstances. After everything that's been on the news, any criminal would think twice before messing with me, and with D-Train brought into custody by yours truly, well, let's just say gang recruitment would take a nose dive."

Current Characters:

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Joe Quick-Draws his swords and proceeds to slice 'n' dice the thug he hit in the back.

Attack 1- (1d20+10)[28]
    Attack 2- (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage 1- (1d10+5)[12]
    Damage 2- (1d10+5)[9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

Kid Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by geez3r View Post
    After a bit of showing off, the guy ends his song. "Dude, like I was good at playing before man, but like, I've gotten sooo much better since the boom, man. I don't like even need and amp now. Dude, and check it." The rocker plays a heavy power cord and the air around him seems to.... shake is the best word for it, and then he's airborne. As he's laughing, apparently very pleased with himself, a police squad car rounds a corner with its siren and lights on. The officer gets out of the car and while pointed at the rocker says "Oy, you with the guitar up there. We've been getting complaints about the noise, and we've got more important things to worry about than some punk who thinks he's got talent. So do us all a favor and go home and practice in your parent's garage."
    "Oh man, that is nuts." Kid Zeus said, grinning, as the guy showed off. He simply floated there as the air seemed to shake around him and he let out an impressed Keanu Reeves impression as he looked around himself, trying to decipher exactly how he was doing it. It looked like the rocker could actually super-amplify the sound waves coming from his guitar so much that they could actually be used to affect solid objects. He didn't even need an amp! He could just pick up and play anywhere! That was so cool! Kid Zeus had an electric at his house but had never gotten around to learning how to play more than a few chords. He loved going to rock shows and hearing bands play, though. This guy sounded like he could easily start up his own group and head straight to a world tour if he wanted to. However, it was that point when the party got crashed by a black and white.

A scowl, and smirk cross the rocker's face "I got a better idea, how about you walk home?" The rocker plays a complex riff and when he hits a crescendo, the volume gets wickedly intense, and the same shaking you saw earlier makes a b-line for the cops car which suddenly has all it's window's shatter and the top crumples in.
    "Ah man...party's over...well, whaddya gonna do, right, d-" Kid Zeus was in the middle of saying when the guy suddenly hit another chord and the police car reacted as if Titan had just stepped on it. "WHOA! Hey, man, time out! Stop! Kid Zeus yelled, floating over to suspend himself in the line of fire between the rocker and the destroyed cop car.

"Hey man, I can't let you do that. That's a police officer! Do you have any idea how much trouble you are going to put yourself in? Calm down, okay? If you stop now and apologize we might be able to get you off with some kind of fine that doesn't deserve jail time, okay? Like destruction of private property, you can deal with that, right? We can find someplace else to rock out, alright? Like the stadium! How cool would that be? But if you keep attacking that police officer I'm not going to be able to help you!" he said, trying his best to be diplomatic. So far Kid Zeus had only displayed his ability to fly, keeping the aura of lightning that had been surrounding him earlier down so as not to alarm anyone. Now he was keeping it in reserve in case the rocker decided to snap a string and start blasting everything. He'd have to take the guy down quick or there could be a lot of damage. He just hoped it wouldn't come to that. The metahumans should be working together to help people, not fighting amongst themselves! Or at least, that's what his rosy notion of things was.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: 1d20+8=28
    Oh yeah! Nat 20! Slightly disappointed that fighting might be delayed, but this would be one of those decidedly in-character moments for Kid Zeus!
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2007-12-14 at 05:15 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

Pulse nods as Reaper steps forward into the cage. He turns to Corporal Green, "Reaper has been cooperative, please don't turn on that central light, unless, as you say, your men are threatened. Bright light can be very painful to him." He looks around, "Not a bad setup for such a short time period, so... how long do you think we might have to wait for the mayor?" He sets his flyer case down and looks the setup of the cage over slowly, are the cables from the generators powering the lights, or meant to directly electrify the cage?
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

25. - Top - End - #565

Nosferatu

Nosferatu stares around the room for a moment as they enter. And the men, with the guns. Lots and lots of guns...
    Being resilient is one thing, but he would still end up like a termite infested bit of wood.
    Oh, and grenades. Lets not forget the grenades.

An evaluation is made of the cage. Lighting there, but the walls are a bit flimsy. Ah, but they are connected to a...

"Say, are those electrified walls?"

Nosferatu turns to Pulse with a mildly smug look upon his face.

As Reaper walks into the cage, Nosferatu slowly and carefully places his sword back in his back scabbard. After hearing Reaper, he turns to speak to him again.

"So, you actually caught this guy, or is it still in the planning process. And I have to ask, with your reputation, who is your 'associate'?!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

26. - Top - End - #566

The Reaper answers, "We haven't caught D-Train yet, just one of his cronies. The operation to take him down was scheduled for tomorrow. And I believe Pulse knows my associate, the young man with the katana and the jumping powers. Joe. He probably isn't exactly a girl scout, but he's no, well, me."

Current Characters:

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

Pulse nods, "I've met him... I guess he got over having his life threatened by you."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #568
    Orc in the Playground

Guard: -14 +1 = -13/21 Drill: 21 +2 = 21/21 Orig: 42+2 = 42/42

Josh? Orig. thinks to Guard before waiting a second... Then he loads his rifle and steps out of the office "YOU TRIED TO KILL ME DROP DEAD!" He then shoots at the leader and runs back into the room.

Drill Clone continues the grapple and says to the guy he's grappling with right after Orig. shoots at the guy. "That shot was mine. And the target is on your side." He then spits in the guy's face, just to annoy him.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack & Damage 1d20+1=9, 2d6=9
    Drill Clone's comment and spitting in his face is supposed to be a Demoralize Opponent use of Intimidate so Intid - (1d20+21)[33]

Future Actions:
    Drill is going to keep doing grapple stuff.
    Orig. is going to crawl out the hole I cut and then run around the building to the front and try to flank them.

P.s. Tell me if/when I realize that Guard isn't dead.
    Also can you tell me...
    Whether gunfire in this area in the middle of the night is unusual.
    Unusual enough to call the cops.
    Average Police Response Time?
    And How much ammo I have.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

After considering for a moment the shop keeper says, "Tell your friend to be here at 11 pm sharp, and to bring the cash. I don't care what he needs we'll have it. Now that that's out of the way, let's finish our own business." After scouting the area again he reaches under the counter and pulls out a deadly looking revolver (unloaded) and sets it on the table. "That right there is a 50 cal. Not a damn thing'll stand up against that sucker, but it'll set ya back 3k."
    "3 G's?? After our last little arrangement I looked up how much this piece should have set me back; you overcharged me by like 1200 dollars! I'm not paying 3 G's for no bloody revolver!" With that Murky shoots the man in the arm. "Now call your boss and tell him we have to meet now! Don't mess around with me!" Murky aims the gun at the man's face, waiting for the phone call.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19] (presumably a flat footed shot on an apparently unarmored man.. hopefully I can hit him) (2d6)[12] damage, which hopefully doesn't kill him. If I need intimidate or bluff rolls or anything, go ahead and roll them for me.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Dwarf in the Playground

Davan

An expression of shock crosses his face quickly as the katana-wielding man slices into the downed thug

good gods that was brutal. The guy probably couldn't even get up...this guy's either ruthless, or blood-crazed. I'd better watch my back when this is done with...he looks fairly skilled with those blades. As for the shotgun...pfeh! Real fighters don't use guns...I mean come on? Anyone can pull a trigger...doesn't take any discipline or anything.

Davan lets the aura power down, and flows into a double strike against the thug left standing, taking care to keep from causing any lasting damage-evidently trying to keep one of them alive at the least.

-Remember, kids...Beeblebrox's Gambit is never a good idea. Never send a fifth drink down to see what the other four are doing in your stomach.
    -Bunnies Can't Phone. But, THEY CAN FLY