Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Chance

1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: A New Chance

Professor Dark aka Paragon

Dark raises an eyebrow at the number, but continues to type.

"In that case finding you should be relatively easy. There are only a few thousand murders in the united states every year and most of them are caused by guns. I can code in an increasing level of efficiency as time goes on".

"As to who would hire you, I'm afraid I'm not from here and even if I were, it's not like academia and organised crime have a lot of cross-overs. I would imagine that finding out who you were would provide clues as to your previous taskmasters".

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

Professor Dark aka Paragon

Dark scratches his nose.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nosferatu

Nosferatu let his arm rest on the café table. While the conversation had not slowed down and there was still a drink left in his glass, it felt like it was taking a month for the waiter to return with the menus.

Reflecting on how strangely time seems to have flown recently, Nosferatu stared into his drink. Perhaps it was all another side effect of the explosion. After a moment he looks up again, still waiting for Judy to respond.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behold Nosferatu, the Plant Vampire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

Referring to Pop Yule Ashun:
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberRebirth View Post
    evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse Interrupted

Zig zagging his glider back to his home base, Pulse muses about his last encounter. "I remember, one of my teachers used to do that to us... let us know the rules, but not the consequences. He always made it seem that it was worth it not to break the rules. I wonder if that technique will work with my 'students' or if they will once again bow to the various pressures in their life that makes them seek crime." He yawns, "Wow, I'm actually feeling tired... finally. It is getting harder and harder to get sleep. Perhaps I should just turn in early and be fresh for tomorrow's meeting. I wonder how things will go..."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-03-18 at 02:05 PM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Joe celebrated in his head, not really knowing why. After hearing Zhang's reply, he lept into the air. I feel good! he thought. I also feel like a real test of my powers is in order... let's see who's in the sky.

((Open challenge to any and all fliers that want to fight!))
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-03-18 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #756

The Reaper

The Reaper took the small disk from Professor Dark. He then started to leave, but turned back, and said, "You have great power, Professor Dark. Use it carefully, for I will be watching." He then vanished into the darkness.

He made his way swiftly back to his home, pondering all that had happened. He was still not sure if he could trust Dark, but he was not afraid of him. Nor was he afraid of D-Train, or of any challenges yet to come. Once you overcome the fear of death, there is not much left to fear. The only thing he still feared were the faces, judging him, accusing him. If they should find him wanting, he did not know what would happen.

But that would be a struggle for a later day. He returned to his apartment and rested, preparing for the struggles of the next day: the supers meeting and the confrontation with D-Train.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

The flying inventor dives a bit lower when he sees a familiar form doing a super leap into the air. "Greetings, Katana dude... how goes your search for fame without being arrested?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Gust

The dazed criminal finally takes note of you, as his head swings back into the upright position after having previously been utterly fascinated with the tarmac. His eyes are quite glazed over, and he appears to only moderately be aware of his surroundings. He tries in vain to meet you gaze, not because he lacks the will power, but because he lacks the power to keep his feet under him for more than 2 seconds. The smell of alcohol is quite strong.

It is in this moment that your mind finally makes the connection as to why he's been moving so weird, and it’s not due to just the alcohol: This guy's body isn't quite solid. It's like some sort of liquid pretending to be a solid. You're not sure if the alcohol is what's making him stagger or the fact that he's not on solid ground so to speak.

Just as your mind makes the connection, he opens his mouth and slurrs the following in your general direction "Hey-hey-hey-hey diddy ho. Maybe, juss maybe ey was talkin tur you, Mr. I - Wears - A - Dress - Inthemiddlesoftehnights *breath* andcrashes Mr. Nice guys cars.... Use gots a long name guy...."

Jason/Oblivion

Unless Gnome comes back, like now, I’ll take over.

So unless I am mistaken, the ball is in your court, and Gnome has just done a rather poor job of trying to get you to talk the siltation over.

Ryan Tran/Ace

{Note(s): Erica, the green one is a patient, not a nurse, you also gather what their names are based on a combination of name tags and the actual use of the names, and I’m going to say that enough time has passed where Jen can see again}

The various doctors and nurses all turn around from what they’re doing to give you a look that plainly says “That was the worst line we have ever heard.” Now that you are closer, you can get a good view of what has been occurring. The nurse Jen, who is moving quite a bit faster than you thought was physically possible bears obvious signs of someone who was just scared out of their minds. As you watch the scene, you can see Jen take several deep breaths and visibly calm down, though she is still unquestionably still very shaken up.

Erica also bears a few signs of the struggle. Around the area where Jen had clutched Erica, Erica’s bark-like skin has been rubbed raw, as if you took a power-sander to a tree, and even some sap like substance can be seen dripping from those wounds.

As the other medical staff offers words of comfort, begin treating Erica’s wounds, etc. one of the nurses turns to you as says “One of the mutants from the hospital used a power on Jen so she couldn’t see, and it spooked her really bad. The guy ran off that way and another guy gave chase. I do hope everything is alright…”

Dr. Harold Smith a.k.a. Pulse

You hear the simultaneous gulping of many mooks.

Gerard/ Muse

{I want to see where you take this.}

Legion

The door is pretty much barricaded shut, but none of the guards dare to move out or shoot at you. The guard clone is still alive, quite heavily wounded, but alive. You get into the van, dump your stuff, etc. without further incident. However, as you pull up to the front of the bank, it might be your imagination, but you swear you can hear sirens in the distance.

Murky

A few tense moments seem to hang in the air like a dense fog as a dull thud can be heard from the floor above. Another moment passes and another thud lands. Another moment and another step. Another moment and another step. Another moment and another – “D*mnit man! Get down here already!” shouts one of the guys towards the trap door, while his partner takes a shot “at you” you had you been like a foot to the left; there’s now a nice hole in the wall by the way. As you tear your eyes away from the gun that just fired at you, your eyes find their way to a more dangerous target. At the top of the trap door, the giant is crouching down and methodically putting you in his sights, a sadistic smile curling his lips.

Reaper and Paragon

{Assuming you aren’t hacking directly into the FBI mainframe, we’ll just go ahead and assume that works.}

Judy/Nos/Zeus

{I hope you guys can handle this yourselves because I personally can’t keep a straight face anytime I try and visualize the scene.}

And there was much rejoicing
    Last edited by geez3r; 2008-04-03 at 07:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Joe practically shudders. "Please don't call me 'dude.' I have a genius-level IQ, as far as I can tell. Secondly, want to spar? I was looking for a test of powers, and I figured it'd be better to not make you an enemy by hitting you in the face without warning." All this is said between jumps; Joe attempts to grab onto the glider.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble check: (1d20+7)[15]
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

Raising a brow, Pulse, pulls his glider up somewhat, trying to avoid the pseudo samurai's grasp. "Sparring might be nice, and Yes, I would prefer warning... and for a genius I.Q. I find it hard to believe you're grabbing at my glider on a blind assumption." He frowns under his mask, "Why don't we get introduced first... you can call me Pulse."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-04-04 at 01:46 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Bmeep. Bmeep. Bmeep. Bmeep.

... ...

I... am I?

In a hospital? How did I get here?

"Mr. Laarson?"

A nurse; delightful.

"Uh... Mr. Laarson? Y-you're awake?"

Muse turned to consider the nurse, which seemed to only make her only more uncomfortable. Slowly, he reached up, fingertips brushing over the bandages on his face.

"There was an accident, Mr. Laarson... you were found near the site of a chemical explosion," the woman seemed to brighten, but Gerard only continued to stare; she was a terrible actor, "But, don't worry! You've suffered mostly minor cuts and abrasions; there were a few severe lacerations on your face, but no muscle tissue was seriously damage, so once the doctor clears you after checking for a concussion, we'll be able to release you right away!"

"...good." The nurse smiled nervously, even though she had taken a half step back upon hearing Gerard's voice; an observer might think she had been struck.

"I-I'll go let the doctor know that you're awake and we'll see about getting you back on your feet..."

"...good." The nurse bit her lip, then turned and beat a hasty retreat, not slowing until she was well into the hallway. Gerard could hear the staccato beat of her heels clicking on the tile floor.

Interesting choice of footwear, miss. Gerard turned to a mirror, finding himself staring at bandage-work that covered half his face, but did not cover his eye. Gerard flexed his hands and legs experimentally before sitting upright, waiting patiently for the doctor to arrive. He'd never seen someone who seemed genuinely unnerved to meet him before... not a complete stranger...

--------------

Experimentation is the single most crucial part of being an actor. Without it, one would never know how a role suited them, would never find new ways to present the same feeling, or to perhaps present a more powerful interpretation of that feeling. The mannerisms of the character would never come to life... the actor would never know what it meant to be that character, not in any real sense. Nothing corporeal, nothing tangible, would be at the actor's beck and call.

So Gerard had experimented... from the moment he had inadvertently inflicted his new power upon Orpheus... no, from the moment he had noticed the severe unease his presence seemed to impress upon the nurse, and subsequently the doctor, and everyone nearby as he left the hospital, Gerard had experimented. After hurting Orpheus, Gerard had turned to more suitable subjects; stray cats, the homeless. He had discovered by sheer accident that his power could affect others in his sight, not just those he touched; the woman he had inadvertently targeted had nearly been struck by a bus.

He discovered the other half of his power by sheer instinct... and had thus escaped a potentially painful beating at the hands of a rather angry (and remarkably robust) member of Rainport's homeless community. Striking the man blind, Gerard had been stunned that he had found another interesting new thing to try out... and immediately turned and ran, in order to do so in a new locale.

His practicing had occurred over the course of the period of time spanning his release from the hospital, to some hours before he had turned the full brunt of his abilities on his former landlord. Now, Gerard had become his role; he had become Muse, and the thought of it was intoxicating and heady. Idly stroking Orpheus' back, he sat in contemplation; he was not quite sure what to do from where he was... he knew only one thing.

He was sickened by this... this Professor. He struck Muse as the kind of man who thou- no, believed that he knew all of the answers, and this belief filled him with endless quantities of wind, and more importantly... aspirations. Life was not about living out your dreams; dreams were meant only to be crushed, and so, Muse intended to snuff out this light shining in the darkness.

He needed to get to this accursed wretch, this belligerent upstart who had decided they would stand against the harsh reality of life.

Muse was that reality...

Muse would bring that reality crashing down upon Professor Lachlan Dark.

Spoiler
    Show
    I... won't take this far, as I am bound by the rule of three; I must reserve one quarter of the day for rest and light activity, as Muse has been a busy little bee.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Judy

"Glad to hear it. I'm not the one with the mask and pseudonym, after all." It came out a little sharper than she'd intended, but she was a little nettled at the implication that she was trying to keep herself apart from everything. Isn't that exactly what you're doing? a particularly treacherous thought asked. Trying to ignore all of this so that it doesn't change your life?

No, she told herself firmly. I'm trying to find out what happened, and I'm worried about what might happen because of that, but if I'd wanted to keep the peace, I'd have joined the police. I'm not going to let what's happened make all my choices for me.

She doesn't apologize for sounding snappish, but she does drop her gaze to the table for a second or so afterwards, still fiddling with her spoon, and the irritation is gone when she continues. "Look, it's not that I mistrust you, in particular. I just haven't told anybody about it yet. I don't really intend to do anything with them, and it'd feel odd to talk about them." She changes the subject, both because this one is making her uncomfortable and to satisfy her own curiousity. "And while I'm on the subject, why is it that you two have decided to do... whatever it is you're doing? You have costumes, so clearly the fire wasn't just a one-time thing."

13. - Top - End - #763

Nosferatu

Nosferatu raises an eyebrow slightly at the sharp comment.

"Assuming of course that that is your normal form, and that is your real name. For all I know you can shapeshift, and so would be extremely reluctant to mention the powers. Whats better than the element of surprise, eh? But you are right, some random person who dropped from the sky is probably not the best person to mention life changing effects to."

His voice still growled with the deep almost daemonic rumble, but from the tone it could be told that he was willing to let the topic drop.

"Hmm. Who knows? It just seemed to be a natural progression of steps. When gaining powers the gut reaction was to test them, and a costume was prudent in case some mutate hatred storm kicks up later. As for the sword... not everyone who is given great powers wants the great responsibility. And there is little better than a decent blade for self defense.
    And helping with the fire... it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Kid Zeus

"Why did I decide to put the costume on and help people?" Kid Zeus looked a little taken aback when it was his turn to speak. "You're kidding, right? I mean, I guess it really is just me but what American child did not want to be Spider-Man or Captain America when they grew up? I know it's a lot more complicated than that, but it's not every day you get to save the world, you know? We got these powers for a reason, and it'd just be a sad waste of talent not to use them for the benefit of mankind...err...Rainport." he grinned sheepishly. "I guess I'm just thinking too far ahead." he admitted, scratching the back of his masked head.

"Anyway, the costume, aside from making me look bad *ss, protects my family from the shady characters that might come looking for a little payback. I, uh..." he sobered up suddenly, "Let's just say my family's lost a lot to crime. I don't want them losing any more because of me. The costume is the barrier against them getting involved while giving me a chance to even the score a little." he said, his eyes narrowing with a righteous anger and pure energy sizzling out the sides. A tiny snap bolt of electricity zapped from his hand where it lay balled into a fist on the table to the metal cutlery, causing the forks and knives to rattle.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Judy

Judy nods, feeling some of her fears about some sort of madness lurking in the chemical start to ease away. They did have some sort of reason for doing what they did, at least. "I get that. But me, if I'd wanted to put my life on the line to help stop crime, I'd have joined the police. I didn't; I chose something else instead." She certainly had, not that she'd chosen well. She wondered what her life would have been like if she'd joined the police, either before or during college, rather than turning to petty crime to get her through it. Might've been better; maybe she wouldn't be in this situation today. Then again, maybe she'd be dead. Especially since police work was a good bit more hazardous in Rainport nowadays. Snap out of it, girl, now's not the time to be brooding on the past.

"And I don't really think I should change that decision, just because of this. It was kind of nice to see how many people were helping at the fire, but it's also kind of depressing. Most of those people helped because they could. Because it was easy. But I don't think any of them actually wanted to help enough to go out and be a fireman. You know?"

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Kid Zeus

"Hey, I don't know about those other guys at the fire but I've wanted to be a police officer ever since my d-aaaahh I mean, ever since I saw NYPD Blue back in the 90's." Kid Zeus backpedaled. He really had to get a handle on not giving away personal details about his life or he was going to get someone close to him in trouble. He coughed and took a sip of his water. His eyes seemed to settle down, but never stopped glowing that brilliant bluish-white. "My point is, I'm not just doing this for kicks. And I don't think you should make snap judgements about the others either. How could you know their motivations? I say we give them the benefit of the doubt."

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767

Nosferatu

Nosferatu smiled under his mask at the backpedaling Kid Zeus. If he had seen this in a comic book, there would surely have been comments of ‘rookie mistakes’. Of course, in the real world Nosferatu was just as green. Still, this Kid has passion and seemed to be on the same vague comic book hero wavelength he had in mind. Perhaps there was potential for some kind of alliance there. It would be good to talk to someone who was not holding stuff back or planning mutate experiments.

"Yeah, I have to agree with Zeus here. It could be that every person at that fire was already a fireman, but didn't have their gear on at the time.
    As for my motivations, I am willing to admit that without these powers I probably would not have been at that fire. It would even be kind of unlikely that I would become a fireman, since I did not have a natural aptitude for it. There would be people out there who could do it better than me but that does not mean I don't want to help people. My thoughts have considered medical research and pharmaceuticals before. Its not pulling people from a blaze, but I would be at that than at the fire, in the same way a potential fireman would not fare so well helping people medically.
    Of course, now I do have these powers, so I will help people like that. Yes, it is 'easy'. The chance I could die is much less than that of 'normal people'. But if I help, fewer will be hurt and fewer people risk their lives to help others.
    Do you really believe people should have decided against helping just because it was easier now?"

“By the way, kid Zeus, I-“

A waiter finally steps up to the table again, still holding his composure.
    “Are you ready to order?”

“Uh, sure. I will have a burger. Just make sure there is no salad or vegetables…okay?”

Nosferatu looks ready to continue talking, but the waiter is still hovering and waiting for food orders from the others at the table.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did we ever state how the seating end up? I was curious to see if KZ would jump to sit beside Judy or not.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

((*fall-smack.*))

"I'm trying to grab the glider so that I can say all this at once, instead of between jumps... actually, if you could go down to that rooftop there..."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

The glider-rider nods and tilts his craft to the side, circling tightly as he descends to the roof. He steps off the craft and looks at you. "So, how have you been since that day we first met?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"Well... I teamed up with the Reaper and another martial-arts kind of mutate to take down a mob boss. It's going down tommorrow."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

The inventor nods, "I know... I was invited along as well. Personally, I think it is a mistake right now. But I've gone over that with the Reaper, and he's not interested in my arguments."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"Nor am I." Joe gets into a martial arts "ready" stance with a flourish. "Now to quote an old gaming adage... let's roll for initiative. And let's try to keep us both alive."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative for teh sparzors: (1d20+7)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Judy

Judy glances at the waiter. Poor guy's probably bewildered out of his mind. Should leave a good tip. Damnit, I'm probably going to be footing the bill today, unless these guys have their wallets in their costumes... then again, I did suggest it.

She orders a plate of pasta and a sandwich, waiting for the waiter to leave before she spoke again, quietly. "I don't mean to say you shouldn't be helping people, of course. Maybe you're right, and I'm being pessimistic about it. It sounds like both of you have at least thought this out some." More than she'd have guessed back when the two were joking around on the street, making references to super heroes. Even the fact that they referred to their abilities as powers was telling.

"But there's a big difference between wanting to help other people, and being willing to go out and fight—and risk your life—to do it. That's a pretty major career change from being a doctor, although maybe not a policeman, and I frankly don't think I'd want to make that sort of life-changing decision in two days." She takes a drink of water, wishing she'd ordered something a little stronger. Then again, the Kid looked and sounded pretty young; it was harder to tell with the other, since his voice certainly didn't sound young, but he did act like it. Young at heart, anyway, to quote an old author. "I don't think I would want to make that decision at all."

Spoiler
    Show
    No, I don't think we ever worked out seating. Judy would have sat across from Nosferatu, I imagine, or vice versa, and then the Kid would have picked a side. Not that she's doing anything to particularly endear herself to him...

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

Professor Dark

The Professor bids goodnight to his second guest of the evening. And the third person just today who had presumed to challenge his authority. Clearly he was being much too nice to people.

But he was secure for now. He had reviewed extensive footage of the performance of the other mutants - from a dozen different angles. None of them could touch him - he was confident of that. Though of course there remained the possibility of unknown mutants, but he was not apprehensive.

He was not, however, without problems.

His body had reached some practical maximum of power storage and was venting energy into the air like a lightshow. He was quite literally creating energy - new energy - a physical impossibility which contradicted everything he taught. Energy could not be created or destroyed but was only transformed.

While this opened up new vistas that Dark only could explore, it did also make him somewhat more obvious than he would choose to be. What he needed was... an old man's underwear.

In the basement of the house called Apollo, Paragon stood in full magnificence. The black armour gleamed and from between the joints there escaped the slightest red glow.

He placed the helmet on his head; he had made certain adaptations to the interior to accommodate his changes. The eye sockets and the mouth grill shone with crimson radiance like the door of a furnace and Paragon appeared like a dark machine, crafted by volcanic light and fueled by fire.

And in his heart, which seemed almost never to beat, he understood the lustrous power of evil.

So he stepped out into the night.

((Paragon flying on Patrol))

25. - Top - End - #775
    Penguin in the Playground Moderator

Ryan Tran/Ace

Awesome! Looks like there's gonna be a fight... and I want in!

Ryan frowned and put on a worried face.

"Oh dear. That sounds like trouble. Did you see where they went?"
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

26. - Top - End - #776

Nosferatu

"Go out and fight for it? My, you have a violent mind to consider that first"
    says Nosferatu, his voiced raised to poke fun at the comment, the sword still resting on his back.

"But I see what you are getting at. I am still hoping that there aren't any aspiring super villains out there, and these powers can be used to help people with natural disasters and other relatively 'mundane' events. Thats a bit of a longshot though.
    Still, at the moment its not quite a 'life changing decision' as 'life changing event I am making the best of'. But we we shall see what the future holds."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Kid Zeus

Kid Zeus had lapsed into silence as he pulled a few dollar bills and some change from a his "utility belt" and started counting it all out and comparing it to the menu prices. Obviously his parents weren't wealthy billionaires. So much for that superhero stereotype. He fished a couple pennies and another dollar from his boot before ordering a triple-decker club sandwich with fries. ($7.99!) He figured he had just enough left to put in for a small tip. Though if the waiter bothered to snap a few photos on his camera phone, he could probably sell them to news outlets or eBay for much, much more...so KZ considered it fair.

"It's not like there really was a decision for me. I just think it'd be irresponsible NOT to help people with these new abilities. I mean, sure I could provide my parents with free power, and I'll never have to bother with buying batteries again, but there's so much more to do, you know? I mean...just think. When the government puts down a definitive policy on us, we could go to other countries maybe. I mean, by myself I could probably provide power to a third-world country for a month with just a little zap. If they could store up the electricity my body produces in a big battery or something I could help solve the world's energy crisis. I mean- ya, that's really boring, but it's just one thought. I mean, did you see that Inferno guy? Who knows, he might be able to stop an erupting volcano if he put his mind to it. The possibilities are limitless."

"As far as supervillains go, I guess we would be the only ones capable of doing something about it, right? So there it is again. 'With great power comes great responsibility.' Thankyou, Uncle Ben." Kid Zeus grinned. He may have seemed young, but there was more thought behind what he was doing than an attempt at playing superhero. He was still naive about it, but in a way it was refreshing to see someone want to do right for right's sake. It was almost Arturian in a way.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-04-05 at 03:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Judy

"You're wearing a sword," Judy says flatly at Nosferatu's attempt at humor. "If you don't ever intend to fight with it, that's going to get you into a lot of trouble someday when somebody assumes you will."

She listens to Kid Zeus, nodding reluctantly. "Not a lot I can say about that, except that if you didn't want to spend the rest of your life as a power generator, it seems a little unfair that now you feel obligated to because you're the only one who can. I think we're looking at this in different ways; you two see it as an opportunity, and I..."

She shrugs, and gives both of them a long, slow look before deciding to broach the topic that's haunted the back of her thoughts for the past two days. "Do you wonder sometimes how much this has changed you? Whether it's changed who you are? That psycho who attacked the Mayor on TV—who's to say he was like that the day before? All of us have new instincts; you didn't even realize you were using them to sniff out who I was. That means something in that chemical altered our brain as well as our body... and our bodies were altered in ways conventional science didn't even know were possible. I'm not a biologist, but I don't think it's possible to make that sort of alteration without changing other parts of your mind. Especially not by accident."

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Pulse

The costumed inventor raises a hand and a finger on the hand. "Before we begin... first... what shall I call you. If not Katana dude. Secondly, what rules shall we put forth on this... seriously, my guns and devices can be lethal, but I'm not that physically endowed. I didn't come down just to throw fists at each other. He glances around,
    "Third, well... we're on a rooftop, so I suppose that most bystanders would be safe but that comes back to my second point again. What rules?"
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-04-05 at 04:51 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #780
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"Just call me Katana, or Jason if you want. As for the ground rules... that is a problem. Perhaps we should simply do our best to keep it nonlethal? I will not use my swords, and please aim for my arms. I can heal myself and possibly you if I must."

((Joe doesn't know his healing touch is now fast healing. Sucker. Let's both use the -4 penalty for nonlethal damage.))
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-04-05 at 04:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show