Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1506

Thread: A New Chance

  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Dr. Harold Smith a.k.a. Pulse

    Pulse listens to the officers questions and answers them in the same order. "I will be using my powers in the costumed identity of Pulse. I am still assessing my abilities, but I seem to be a great deal more intelligent than I was, and between you and me, that is saying something. I've devised some non-lethal weapons and a one-man glider to get me around the city. I also seem to have a nonvisual sense of what is going on around me. I plan to help people, primarily those who are having difficulties with others who have been changed, like myself. I have no formal police or military training, though I am a student of tactics and strategy. I have no formal medical training beyond first aid and CPR. Pretty much, though, I remember almost everything I've ever learned in fairly precise detail. I have no criminal record in my civilian identity, though I did drive the villain named Reaper away from some police officers he was assaulting earlier. Technically at that point, I suppose I was acting as a vigilante... though that was before the Mayor's speech. By the way, I saw that the Reaper was captured, I hope you are keeping him in a cell with diffuse lighting. I don't really think I need police training at this point, but if there is a handbook of procedures you would like me to follow, just loan me a copy, I should have it memorized by tomorrow."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Legion

    Place where they're buying the drill - The salesman informs points to the logo on the drill then to a sign with the same logo, which says that all products made by that company have a life time warranty, if it ever breaks, you can get a new one for free.

    City Hall - After pushing past people leaving the conference, you make it to City Hall, and find the office you're supposed to go to. After jumping through a few bureaucratic hoops (which I am not evil enough to describe here), you manage to file all the necessary paper work, and they'll let you know if you've been approved in the coming days after they've finished the background check.

    Hospital - Frank mutters a combination thanks and goodbye as you give him the coffee. If you go looking for the Reaper, it doesn't take too long to guess where he is. His room is the only one with guards both in the room and outside. If you try to get in you're denied admitance, but as you walk past you notice a man on fire, and a mote of blue energy in the room watching the shadow and you also notice something that looks remarkably like a giant foot print is covering the Reaper, who is also hand cuffed to the bed. It appears that Jen was the one attending to him, because he was treated so quickly, and she's the one filling out the chart. You've got a feeling that he's (the Reaper) going to be out for a while.

    Joe

    She informs you that it's not fatal, and asks for your brother's name so you can go see him (she assumes that your brother is here in the hospital).

    Pulse

    The officer writes down everything you say without too much expression on her face, but when you mention the incident with Reaper earlier on today, she sits bolt upright. "OhmyGod! That was you!?" She practically flings herself across the table as she gives you a hug. "Thank you so much! If it hadn't been for you... well let's not think about it." She then retakes he sit a little sheepishly noticing how everyone was looking at her and she continues taking down the rest of your statements. When she's all finished the other officers get up, and come over to shake your hand, thanking you for saving their comrade.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Glawackus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    Sellars sits back and watches everything very careful, trying his best to blend with the crowd's expressions as he rapidly calculates.

    Great. So now everyone's our friend, unless they're trying to kill us. And the Mayor's more or less untouchable as long as we have Super-Nurse and...whoever those others were...around.

    Andrew lets out a heaving sigh after all the cameras are off, and nods briskly at the mayor, trying to convey that he has to get to Balchem before they lock up for the night.

    Balchem, then to check with the police. Then we'll see if we need a change of plans.

    Now: Head for Balchem before they lock up.
    ((OOC: I get the feeling it's afternoonish right now, and I don't think I've got the skills to sneak around there.))
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    blennus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    “The Man”

    After his speech, he quickly walked up to the Mayor, and handed him a piece of paper with his Limo’s car phone number on it. “Mr. Mayor, it was a privilege to talk here today, and I hope that today’s success can continue on into the future. I would like the opportunity to talk further about the MHRC that I spoke of earlier. Hopefully we’ll be able to schedule a meeting soon.”

    Summary: Get appointment for later on in the week.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Ok were almost done with preparations for the plan so get ready to go back home if you can find anything useful to the plan tell me.
    Okay, the "reaper" is too well guarded for us to get to him.I understand. Orig. goes back to the main floor and asks information "Hey I heard there was some registristation for mutants... Is that true, and where is it?" presumably it would take a really bad government to not start some record thing but it would take a really good government (which governments rarely are) to keep the records safe from persistence. In a much less dramatic moment #1 agrees to buy the drill and then heads over to the home-depo esque place. At the hospital #3 likewise goes to information and asks them for... information. "Hey I want to donate blood, where should I go for that?
    Even if a mutant's blood in a transfusion won't create another mutant it would still save someone's life.

    Summary:
    Orig: Asks about a mutant registration program
    #1: Buys drill goes to Home depo-esque.
    #3: Inquires about donating blood.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Tasha

    Where the hell did these lunatics come from?! Tasha thought to herself.

    These men weren't joking around. She witnessed the short and ill-fated attempt to harm the mayor being put down by what seemed to her like navy seals with superpowers. Suddenly reading minds didn't seem quite so impressive. As she stared in shock at these unknown mutants... all seeming strangely adept with their powers... she could not believe that they had just changed when she had. There had to be another solution...

    Maybe there were already mutants. This stuff can't be new. It can't have been an accident. It can't be new. Her mind raced... and she ignored the better part of the man's speech. The chemicals aren't new... They were just released accidentally. Now they have no choice but to acknowledge what they have made... and divert our attention from the cause to the symptoms. This is messed up.

    She finally shook off her conspiracy theory as the speaker said something that dragged her to attention. In the middle of an incredibly important speech that could change the fate of the world and would forever affect how mutants were percieved by people... The mutant speaking had just advocated mutants and humans screwing like rabbits... and had even hinted that he would have sex with every woman in the city. She was utterly stunned by the sheer, blind, screaming stupidity of it.

    This... is the man... who is speaking for mutants? She thought in shock, He's the horrid bastard child of the Fonz and Jhonny Bravo! This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why the hell are people buying this? The man is an idiot!

    For some reason she could not figure, the crowd responded well to the "man" and his rediculous speech... Whatever strange power he was using to sway them was potent, though it did not seem to affect her. Maybe he wasn't that bright, but at least he could sway people. She briefly wondered if it worked over television, or if the people watching him at home would see the speech for the ludacris thing it really was. The woman next to her all but swooned as the man finished his speech, and Tasha decided that she'd had enough.

    Tasha began sifting her way out of the crowd to return to her car. If the conference had proved anything to her it was that this was no accident... and that this was going to get much, much worse. Give people powers like this... and there are going to be nutjobs like this "Reaper". Or self-absorbed glory-hounds seeking to be famous and important like the jerk at the podium. She felt it might be be best if she hide what she was now... Too much was going on. Too much that she couldn't figure out. And if men like the ones she'd seen ruined the image of mutants... she would rather not be known as one.

    (Note to self... make posts shorter. People seem to post while I'm writing them up. Everyone please assume that this rant takes place during the speech and before the crowd departs... if that were not obvious. thank you! )
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2007-11-02 at 08:28 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

    Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Raven T.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where Nature rules
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Alex

    "You might be surprised what gets leaked as rumors, but never make it to business journals." Alex finished up and bussed the table when Judy finished. "Make no mistake, I doubt that they intended to have this happen, but that does not excuse them from liability...especially if they think they are not responsible."
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

    I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    You make it to Balchem Corporate Offices in less than 20 minutes, traffic being much lighter than normal, you guess because of the events at the conference. The receptionist tries to feed you some story, but you see right through it, and use your credentials to basically destroy the bureaucratic obstacle course they set up for you. So now you have some dorky intern that has to bring you to where ever you wish to go for fear of political retribution. As you walk around you feel as if everyone at Balchem is severely on edge, and it is unnaturally quiet in the office, but occasionally you hear someone scream as a phone rings.

    Press Conference - The Man

    The Mayor has a free hour on the 18th at 3:30PM.

    Legion

    Orig - You are told that mutant registration is being held at the Police HQ, 2nd floor somewhere.

    #3 - You can donate blood at the 3rd door on your right, after making a right at the end of the hallway to your left.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Glawackus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    Andrew looks around Balchem Corporate, hearing the yells and people hammering away at keyboards. He whirls to face the intern, tired and angry. "I need to see whoever's in charge here. If you even dare tell me I need an appointment, I'll deep-fry this place in lawsuits."

    Now: Find whoever's in charge, assuming they haven't skipped the country yet, and get some answers on what's happening.
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum!

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "He's staying at a different hospital, nurse. Thanks for the update." As he spun on his heel to walk out of the hospital, he noticed a TV in the corner spewing footage of the press conference. "Oh, my god!" thought Joe. "That's the thing I saw earlier! I have to find him and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid!" He changed, rushed out of the hospital, and began bounding over the buildings looking for the Reaper. He searched for two hours, finding...

    Summary: Bluff the nurse again and look for the Reaper. ROLLS: Bluff=30, Search=8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tar Palantir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    A dim flicker of consciousness awakens within the Reaper's mind, a memory of a time almost forgotten. He had been a killer for so long that he had almost forgotten what it was like to be innocent and pure. As his mind wandered in a haze between consciousness and unconsciousness, memories drifted at him from out of the darkness. He remembered being a child, laughing and playing with his parents at the park, traveling to the beach and smiling at the sun. He would never smile at the sun again, not now. But perhaps it was not too late to redeem himself. He tried to remember what had happened to his parents to make the fun times go away. A door opened in his mind, and he remembered. He had killed them in their sleep. At last a coherent thought broke through the haze, and he thought, "What have I become?"

    His life flashed before his eyes, and he saw with clear eyes the horrors he had committed. And now, with his terrible powers, he sought to commit even more. His thoughts became more lucid, less crippled in the grip of madness, and he thought, and muttered in his slumber, "No more death. No more." He felt the veil of his madness lifting, slowly at first, then faster, until the voice that cried for death was only a whisper in the farthest reaches of his mind. It was then that he awoke.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

    Current Characters:

    Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    The intern takes you to the top floor. He says that the CEO and a few other high ranking members are in a meeting right now, but a member of the board elected to stay behind just in case someone from the government came looking for answers. The intern leads you to a door marked "Dr. David Nerros - Director of Internal Affairs". Inside you see a man probably in his late 30's - early 40's, with black hair which would probably look quite good, but now is a frizzled mess. He has dark brown eyes, but his eyes also hint at a lack of sleep, having dark circles under them, as well as a bit of red eye. He has fairly pale skin, incredibly lean, and his hands are shaking a little.

    He is hunched over his desk working furiously on an almost comically large stack of papers. There are many crumpled papers crumbled up on the floor behind his desk, as well as several empty cups of coffee, and unless your eyes deceive you, an empty bottle of expensive Russian vodka.

    The office is quite dark and moody, and it is finished with many dark wood pieces, and the walls are painted a deep rust red. Many of the pieces look like as if they were selected for comfort and not style. Any compotent interior designer wouldn't be caught dead in this room. There is an old record player in the corner playing some classical music which heavily focuses on pipe organs and violins. The music is too calm for the hectic appearance of Nerros.

    When the intern states who you are, Nerros gets up so quickly he practically falls over himself. As he crosses the office to shake you hand, he tries to straighten his appearance a bit, redoing his tie and fixing the cuffs on his sleeves. When he shakes your hand, the hairs on the back of your head stand up. His bony, pale and shaking hand is so cold and so dry, that you have to make a conscious effort not to back up in disgust.

    After these "pleasantries" are finished, he asks you to have a seat opposite his desk. As you sit down, he shifts a huge stack of papers off of his desk onto the floor. When he sits down at his desk, he heaves a heavy sigh and interlocks his fingers under his chin and he looks over them into your eyes. He talks in an incredibly dry and monotone voice, almost like a dead echo "I hate small talk, so let's get to the point. I assume you came here because you have questions, ask away."


    Reaper

    As your eyes flicker open, your eyes sense light and you reflexively try to shield you eyes, you hear a clink of metal as your arms stop moving. It takes you a moment to realize that the light isn't hurting you. As you look about your surroundings, you note that you are in a hospital bed, chained to it with a few handcuffs. You also note two police officers with shot guns posted inside the room, and 2 more just outside. You also note that there are several flash lights and lanterns on the ground shedding light, and preventing shadows from being cast from the lights on the ceiling. On the opposite wall, looking at you are the fire mutant and the glowy mutant from the conference staring at you. "It awakens..." says the firey one, "So it does..." answers the glowy one.
    Last edited by geez3r; 2007-11-02 at 10:42 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Orig @ City Hall ->PoliceHQ:

    Orig follows the directions and comes to a hallway on the second floor where he asks a nearby cop "Is there a line for registration or can I just go in?" before heading into the room/ to the line.

    #1 @ Home-Depo Esque:

    Quickly attempting to get everything necessary #1 rushes to pick up: A ladder that can extend to 5 feet higher than the bank's roof, 5 of the cheapest bricks or otherwise really heavy objects (concrete blocks, paperweights etc.), a gas mask, a small amount of wood, & police tape.

    #3 @ Hospital:

    Isn't it just wonderful to do your civic duty? #3 thought with a hint of optimism and a hint of sarcasm, Boy I can't wait to see the looks on their faces as they are healed with my super-blood. While thinking this #3 went to the blood donor area and repeated his wonderful desire to donate blood to the secretary.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The_Snark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Judith

    "You'd know better than I would," Jude comments. "I think you're right about that, for what it's worth." And... well, she had to admit it didn't seem as if too many charges were going to be levelled against Balchem. She takes her own plate over to the sink as she finishes, partly out of helpfulness and partly out of sheer habit.

    "Well... thanks for dinner, Alex. It was good." She hesitates a moment longer, glancing slightly behind Alex; at the tentacles, it looks like. "Sorry about reacting like that, you know. You just... it startled me." The appendages, and the speed with which Alex had gotten used to them, had made her uneasy and still did. "You haven't been to the hospital, have you?" she asked, expecting him to say no. She hadn't either, after all.
    Avatar by Ifni. Thanks!

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Pulse

    The mutant shakes his head. "I'm not the hero here... true, I did what I could, but I jumped into the fray when I found myself gifted with these abilities. The real heroes are you and your fellow police officers. People who try to make a difference every day, with only those gifts that we all start with. Larry is a hero, for what he faced and suffered. That is where the real credit should go. Not to the anonymous flashy costumes."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "Oh come on. That's not a proper pardon, it'll be bought up later." Said Michael. "Oh come on, Jury's have to be chosen more random than that and it has to be close to a total descision. Does he even want them pardoned? Does he?"

    Michael looked out of the room, waiting for a nurse to come, when one does, michael walks out saying. "I need a list of these mutants, with powers now."

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Glawackus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    "I need to know how this happened," Andrew says, cracking a knuckle. "I also need to know just what we're going to see coming out of this. Is there any limit to these...abilities? Or are we just getting started here?"
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Raven T.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where Nature rules
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Alex

    "I'm honestly not sure why ANYONE is still going to the hospital. With an event like this, they're just going to treat us as guinea pigs, running tests that they have no way of knowing if the outcome is hazardous to the health of those affected. It's all guesswork for them. As far as I'm concerned, I have suffered no major health affects, save these new appendages, and it will not interfere with my daily routine.

    "As well, going to the hospital basically gives everyone free reign to label you as a mutant and a freak."
    His appendages slid down his back again into their disguised position as he walked over and gave Judy a friendly hug. "Do not be a stranger. If they bother you, I can keep them hidden while you are around. Having two extra hands is just convenient for me."
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

    I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    blennus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    “The Man”

    Thanking the mayor, he got into his limo, and drove to the hospital. Once there he spoke to the receptionist with an air of authority “I am ‘The Man’. Please direct me to whoever is in charge of mutant research. Tell him that I have a proposal to make.”

    Summary: Try to meet Dr. James T. Wilson if possible. If not set up appointment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy roll (if necessary): (1d20+31)[1](32)

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tar Palantir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    The Reaper opens his eyes, blinking in the light for a moment. He looks over to see the flaming man and the glowing dot. He asks, almost pleading with them, "What do you see when you look at me? What monster from children's stories lies before you now? What kind of a fiend have I become. Even the sun knows it. Her searing light blinds me and burns me, punishing me for my crimes. What god would let one such as me live? What righteous god would not strike me down with the fury of a thousand suns, until even the memory of me is gone? Why don't I die?" He cries in fury, his muscles straining against the bonds that hold him. His eyes are blinded in his madness. He screams into the air, "Why won't I die? Kill me! Kill me, like I killed them! Send me to the cruel torment I deserve! Kill me!" Just as suddenly as it began, the madness leaves him, and he lies still, silent but for a quiet sobbing, and a murmer. "Why won't I die?"
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

    Current Characters:

    Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Tasha

    The new report of the press conference was playing everywhere she went. Most people's reactions were a mix of shock and fear. On campus, there were more than a few who thought it was awesome. Mostly from younger guys who liked comic books and superheroes. Tasha slipped past the crowd around the television in the lobby, and headed for her room. Heather was gone... so she set up a quick mix of music on her computer, turned up the speakers and helped herself to a long shower as she thought about what was happening.

    Going to the hospital is out of the question... I feel fine. Better than before, in fact. If anyone finds out about this... I'll probably end up in some lab... or at least under watch all the time. Maybe in some secret service program. I mean... I could find out all kinds of crazy secrets from people... Who wouldn't try to take advantage of that? Her mind went a mile a minute as she washed her long, dark hair. I might even be able to do more. Who knows? Those mutants at the conference all seemed to be able to do things I can't. but that idiot on stage.... He was influencing those people some how. That was pretty obvious. And no one called him on it or tried to arrest him for "raping people's minds" or whatnot. From the speech, it sounded like it wouldn't just be their minds he would screw if given the chance... Maybe I can pull this off. No one will need to know what I can do. It's hardly as blatant as setting people on fire or growing 6 stories tall.

    Natasha smiled as she turned off the water and grabbed a towel from the rack. It was time to go and practice... and see what else she could do.

    Rather that wander far this time... she drove only a few blocks to the local movie theater, and grabbed a ticket to some vampire movie that was just starting. Picking a seat in the back, and the dark... she looked over the people there to pick her guinea pig. She decided on some teenager sitting just a few isles in front of her with two of his friends. Mostly because they wouldn't shut up.

    First, she rifled through his mind a bit, which never failed to be amusing.

    Afraid of heights... Two brothers... Homophobic... That will do!

    Tasha tried to reach father into the kid's mind... and affect it. It was harder than she thought... She pushed deep... past old memories from childhood and even the unconscious urges that drove him... and then, like suddenly walking from a dark room into the light... it washed over her.

    "Dude... I think I saw a porn with that chick in it!" Someone said an nudged her arm.

    "What?" She replied... only to hear an unfamiliar voice come from her lips.

    As her patsy's friend sat beside her, rambling about porn, she looked down at herself. A slayer shirt? She was him! For a brief moment she panicked, looking around frantically for her own body! Turning, she saw it still up in her seat in the back... slumped over like she was asleep. This was incredible! Still, she was concerned about herself. She began getting up from her seat, and started heading back to check on... herself.

    "Dude... Aaron." The kid's friend said, "Where are you going?"

    "Uh... I think I know that chick." She made him reply. His friend looked back at her body and snickered.

    "If you don't... I'd like to." He said with a smirk... and an image that was nothing short of pornographic flashed through his mind.

    Tasha... er... Aaron... felt a little ill. Damned perverted teenagers. At least I can still read thoughts.

    She moved into the back and sat down by her body... and looked at herself to make sure she wasn't dead or something. Relief washed over her. She was breathing and still had a pulse. She was out like a light though. This wasn't quite what she was trying to do... but it worked none-the-less. She was controlling the kid entirely. She was only trying to make him say something he wouldn't normally... Like confessing that he was gay or something. This was even better! But also, kind of worse. She felt pretty vulnerable just lying there. This wasn't something she could just do in the middle of the streets. Still... she was satisfied to know that she could, in fact... do more than just hear thoughts, feelings and memories. She couldn't seem to read the kid's mind while she was in his body though. Still... she remembered enough from when she had.

    May as well have a little fun with this. She though, as "Aaron" got back up and headed down to sit by his friends again.

    "What happened dude? Do you know that chick?" His friend asked almost the second she sat down. "She's hot. I didn't know you liked them small and gothy."

    "Yeah... I know her. I met her at my therapist's office." Aaron replied in the most deadpan voice she could manage.

    "I didn't know you went to a therapist."

    "Yeah. For 10 years now." She said... trying not to laugh and give herself away.

    "Damn! What the hell for?"

    "I don't want to talk about it." She said insistantly.

    "Come on man! That's such bull! What happened?"

    "My uncle molested me, alright! I don't want to talk about it!" She said in mock outrage... trying not to laugh.

    "Wait... what?" His friend said in shock. "You're full of it."

    "You can't tell anyone. I'm only supposed to talk about it with my therapist and my parents." She said as seriously as she could... just to put the icing on the cake. "Ever since then, I've been having all these urges and stuff that aren't normal..."

    "Holy crap... um... I didn't know dude." His friend said, as his mind tried to grasp exactly what those "urges" might be.

    In her mind, Tasha smiled to herself and forced herself back. Leaving was easier than entering, it seemed... and in a moment, she felt herself back in her own body. After a few seconds making sure her limbs were working properly and all that... she chuckled to herself and watched the rest of the show. Watching a kid try to explain something he didn't remember doing to a friend who was now convinced that he was gay because he was molested as a kid was way more interesting than watching some lousy actress get maimed by vampires...
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

    Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Well I'm finally back, time to get cracking.

    Legion

    City Hall - The officer informs you that it's a really quick survey, which is done in less than like 5 minutes, so if there is a line, it's a short one. As you enter the room, you see a few other mutants in the room who are presumably registering as well. In the room you see Pulse (though you don't know who that is), Titan (giant from the press conference, whose name I am mentioning now so I can stop referring to him as "giant from the press conference" but your character doesn't know the name yet), and some guy in a gray cloak and cowl.

    As you take in your surroundings, the officer on the far right finishes registering the cowled mutant, and calls "Next."

    Assuming you head there and ask to be registered, the officer asks you the following questions:

    "Will you be using your powers while costumed or in a civilian identity?

    What is your name and/or alias?

    What are your powers?

    What do you plan on doing with your powers?

    Do you have any police, military and/or medical training?

    Do you have a criminal record?

    Are you interested in receiving Police training?"



    Home Depo place - You find what you're looking for eventually, and you expect the total to be around $200-$300. The gas mask looks a little dorky because it's meant for painters, but it'll do the job. The heavy object you find are bricks.


    Hospital - Through DM magic, the event gets spend up and you've given blood and in return you get a cookie and some juice.


    Pulse

    "But you're not exactly annonymous any more are you Mr. Pulse? So please take compliments when you're given them." Says the officer who was doing your interview. You see/sense another (presumed) mutant entering the room.

    Emperor Demonking

    As you stand yelling at the TV for the lack of due process in the waiting room for the hospital, it becomes apparent that most people agreed with the Mayor's proposal, but apparently not enough to contradict you on it. The nurse tells you that a registration process is being performed down at the Police HQ, so if you wanted a copy of the list, then you should head down there.

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    As you ask your question, Nerros heaves a heavy sigh. After you finish, he opens his mouth to start talking, but then closes it. He opens his mouth again, but yet again thinks better of it. He finally decides to look into your eyes for a moment, almost as if he's measuring you up. He gives one more sigh, and reaches under his desk and pulls out his brief case, opening it facing you. Inside there is what appears to be a piece of shrapnel. Nerros says "This is a piece from one of the barrels that was stored in Warehouse 112. This piece of the barrel has the label on it, telling us what chemical is inside. Most of the label has been charred beyond recognition, but the part that is legible reads 'C46O16N6Pb6..." the rest is illegible. Mr. Sellars, Balchem is one of this largest chemical distribution corporations in the world... We don't know what this is. Ever since this piece was handed over to us, every last technician and scientist we have on our payroll has been working around the clock to figure out what this is. Not a damn one of them has made any progress.

    We've spent the last 4 years building up our technology and research and development departments, in the hopes that we could create something completely unlike anything the world has ever seen."
    At this point, Nerros rises from his desk and starts pacing about the room, punctuating his sentences with exaggerated motions of his arms. You get a sense of rising anger and maybe even disgust in Nerros' voice and language. And then, when we have exactly what we've been searching for literally appear on our doorstep, all of THIS happens! People here aren't just afraid for their jobs, or their retirement funds; they're literally afraid for their lives! All it takes is 1 FREAK; Just ONE! To think that we're responsible, and Everything we've tried so hard to create will be destroyed! You saw what happened at the conference! Not only are they incredibly dangerous, but the Mayor literally lets them get away with it BEHIND HIS F****** BACK!" At the last word, Nerros punches a window in his office, and the glass shatters, but is apparently shatter-proof glass because it's still in the frame.

    Nerros leaves his fist on the window for a moment, panting from his out burst. As he pulls his fist away, you can see some blood on the window. Nerros regains his composure, straightening his tie a little. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have lost myself there." Nerros returns to his desk, opposite you, but it becomes apparent that he doesn't really know how to start up after his outburst.

    THE MAN

    The receptionist doesn't look at all surprised to see you, in fact she pulls out a yellow piece of paper folded in half with 'The Man' scrawled across it in rather poor handwriting. Inside it reads:
    'Dear 'The Man',
    I have a strong feeling that you would like to meet with me in the coming future. However, much the research I am doing would require too much of my time at the moment to meet with you. However, I am able to meet with you for roughly 30 minutes between 3:00-3:30pm on the 16th if you so wish to come. Give you answer to the receptionist, and it will find its way to me.
    - Dr. James T. Wilson.'


    The Reaper

    You notice that just about everyone in the room exchanges looks that clearly state "Yep, he's a wacko." One of the guards outside the door mutters to the other "Maybe the giant hit him a little too hard..."

    The blue glowy guy (Bolt, which I shall now refer to him as, because "glowy guy" is getting old) approaches about another foot closer to your bed, and speaks in a far off, echo-y voice ""Well 'Mr. Reaper', I have two questions for you. Firstly, why do you suddenly wish to die. And secondly, and more importantly, why don't you speak friggin' English!?" The second question earns a few chuckles from the peanut gallery.

    Tasha

    I have nothing to say, but that was pretty entertaining .

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Glawackus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    Sellars keeps his eyes on the window for a moment, and turns back to Nerros. "Alright. Well, I think we're going to deal with the more...immediate consequences--I assume you've been watching the news. Questions of culpability will have to wait for the time being."

    Sellars stands, and shakes hands with the doctor. "I can only wish you the best of luck, and advise you not to leave Rainport any time soon. I'm going to have my hands full as it is."
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    blennus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    “The Man”

    He poses dramatically and declares “I Shall be there, or my pseudonym isn’t ‘The Man’” He winks at the receptionist, twirls around, and exits the hospital. As he entered his limo he mutters to himself “I need a cape for dramatic moments like that”, then tells Angie, “To Police HQ, on the double! On to the registration of my awesomeness! A new cape must wait!”

    Summary:
    Accept appointment, go to registration.
    Last edited by blennus; 2007-11-03 at 08:38 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    So how much did we spend today?
    About 2 Grand plus we agreed to pay another 2 on the car plus maybe a few hundred on what were looking for now.
    Is that gonna hurt our credit rating?
    Not as much as an entire bank vault will help it.
    [EVIL LAUGHTER]

    Orig @ City Hall:

    1. It's always active and I don't intend to be a superhero .
    2. Anonymous
    3. I heal really fast... if you got some painkillers and a knife I'd be glad to show you.
    4. Nothing unusual.
    5.[Loud Dramatic Yell] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/Drama]
    6. Same as #6
    7. Depends what you mean by training.



    #1 @ Home Depo-esque

    #1 takes the stuff to the cashier, and while waiting in line pockets some of that cheap candy stores always have at the register area in protest, and while buying the stuff fakes absentmindedness.

    #3 @ Hospital

    #3 heads back to the mutant section and checks if there is any new patients.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluffcops - (1d20+14)[26]
    [roll=Sleightofhand] 1d20+2[/roll]
    If neccesary disguise myself as absentminded Disguise - (1d20+6)[11]

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Botched roll (1d20+2)[10]

    @V: Great work on going for the insanity plea!


    @XerxesV: Reaper is at the hospital not in some jail. He's also gaurded by 5 mutants and a bunch of cops.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tar Palantir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    The Reaper shakes with a mixture of rage and grief. He asks the blue glow, in a quiet voice, "Do you know how many men I've killed? Do you know how much blood is on my hands? Hundreds of lives. Hundreds. And that was before this terrible curse. Last night I killed forty two innocent people. The ground I walk upon is stained with the blood of the innocent. And so I ask what god would let me live to bring torment and death to so many?" He pauses, his voice only a whisper as he says, "What cruel god would let me see the horrors I have done with open eyes and force me to live with so much blood upon my hands? I can hear their screams when I close my eyes. Men. Women. Children. So many lives cut short by these two hands." He falls silent for a moment, then closes his eyes, trying to shut out the light but allowing the memories to return. "That is why I wish to die." He falls silent, his mind filled with the screams of dying children.
    Last edited by Tar Palantir; 2007-11-03 at 09:19 PM.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

    Current Characters:

    Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum!

    Default Re: A New Chance

    ((I'll assume I bluffed the nurse...))

    After his search, Joe decided to head home and check the news for any new reports. As he turned on the TV, he heard Melissa King say, "For those of you just tuning in, the mass murderer known as the Reaper is in custody. He is being held in the hospital under heavy guard. We repeat-" Before he heard the end of the sentence, Joe ran towards the open window and jumped out of it in a flash, his trenchcoat flapping in the wind. "He saved me from a life in prison," thought Joe. "It's time to return the favor."

    A few minutes of jumping later, Joe dropped in front of the library and entered. He went over to the computers and Googled the hospital blueprints. After a minute of looking through the results, he found a website popular among criminals with the layout of the building. He began to plan his assault...

    Summary: Get blueprints to the hospital. I need a PM with the description (an MSPaint blueprint would be sweet, but you don't have to).
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2007-11-04 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Pulse

    Smiling under his mask, Pulse nods, "Whatever you say..." He shrugs, "So, did you require anything else?"
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Tasha

    The movie was fun... and the ride home gave her a chance to think about what she could do with her new ability. She didn't like the idea of leaving her body just lying around just anywhere... but as she sat waiting at a red light, she got an idea.

    Returning to the dorms, Tasha wandered into her room and set about her story.

    "Hey Heather." She said as non-chalantly as she could manage.

    Heather was watching some kind of news broadcast. The man on screen looked like a priest, and he seemed to be trying to convince people that the sudden appearance of people who can burst into flames was NOT a sign of the end of world.

    "Hey Tash... Where have you been?"

    "I just wanted to get out... Things were getting pretty crazy. So I went to see a movie." She said, mostly honestly.

    "That's cool. I called my mom about it. She didn't believe me at first, until she saw the news."

    "Yeah... it's nuts." Tasha said, looking to the television for a second. "Do you... really think the world is going to end or something?"

    "No... no!" Heather snapped a bit too quickly. Her mind shot back over the conversation with her mother.

    "Your mom must be freaking out."

    "Er... yeah. A bit. She's kinda scared." Heather admitted.

    "Well why don't you visit home?" Tasha said, knowing full well that her mother had asked her just that, not more than an hour ago on the phone. "It will make her feel better, and you won't miss much. Half the teachers cancelled their classes for the next few days. And all anyone is going to be talking about in the ones that are left is what happened."

    She gave Heather's mind a little push... It didn't take much.

    "You think I should?"

    "Yeah... Why not? I mean... what's more important? Your family, or your creative writing class?" Tasha said with a friendly smile.

    That all but sealed it. Heather called her mother and let her know that she would be there in about two hours... and packed up some clothes for a few days. She said her goodbyes and headed out. Now, she had the place to herself for a day or two... Which was exactly what she wanted. Besides... it might not be such a bad idea to be out of the city right now.

    Once that was done... It was just a matter of being patient. Tasha sat at her desk and left the door to the hall open... listening to some music and idly looking through the host of mutant-related sites that had sprung up almost overnight. Several people from her floor wandered by... but they were people she knew, and she wanted to at least snag someone she didn't like for her next little experiment.

    Her answer was a Junior named Ethan. She knew him only vaguely... and only because she knew that a girl she knew named Kim had dated him for a while, only to find out that he already had another girlfriend back home. She didn't know why he was around here... and she didn't really have the time to search his mind and find out. All she caught was that he was looking for a girl named Tamara that she didn't know. She only let him get to the edge of the hall before she pushed into his mind and took over.

    The sensation was just as odd as before... but it worked. She was in Ethan's body. After briefly musing the oddity of having a goatee for the first time in her life (Along with other things)... she walked down to her room to find her body. She grimaced a bit at the sight. She had fallen off of her chair and was probably going to wake up with a bruise somewhere. She put herself on her bed, and shut the door. With no one coming by, she was free to go out and do some digging around without giving herself away. And if she should happen to get Ethan in trouble... well... the guy was a jerk. Besides... to the best of her knowledge, Ethan wasn't a mutant. So they shouldn't harm him.

    With a smirk, Ethan headed down the hall and out to catch a cab. His first stop... This hospital that the news mentioned. She figured there was something going on there that she wanted to see.

    (Thus does "Ethan" join the madness. Dun dun dun! Just let me know what's up when I get to the hospital... This is the part where I'm gonna stop ad-libbing since there are imporant PC's and NPC's alike there. Just doing a little investigation "in disguise"... as it were.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •