Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1506

Thread: A New Chance

  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Michael walks out of the hospital, without his mind being filled with thoughts about what sort of powers he had, when everything seemed more noticable and he was smarter. He sweared he was and his prescance he was more charismatic.
    Michael walked into the police station.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The_Snark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Judith

    "No, it's all right. I'll get used to it. Just not as fast as you, I guess." Jude returns the hug one-armed. "Be careful, though. I can't say I'm planning on going in to the hospital either, but it's not like we know any more about what's happening to us than they do. If you do feel like... well, I don't know. Never hurts to watch out, though, right?" She gives him a grin. It was good to see him again, even with everything that had been happening lately. Hell, maybe because of it. It was reassuring to know that she wasn't alone in having been mutated. Well, she'd known she wasn't alone, naturally; but it didn't mean much when the others were only faces on the TV.
    Avatar by Ifni. Thanks!

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Sorry for the lack of posting, but time kind of slipped away from me there, it seems to do that a lot lately

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    Nerros gives you a firm handshake, nodding in approvement of your statements. He reaches into his desk and pulls out a business card, and on the reverse side he writes another number. He hands it saying to you "This is my personal cell phone, call me if you need anything."

    The Man, Pulse, Titan, and Legion (original) - Police HQ: Registration Office

    As Pulse and Legion are finishing up their interviews, Titan and the cloaked man both shake hands, but as their hands are clasped, they both turn into a smokey mist and vanish from sight.

    The officer taking down Legion's answers gives him a weird look when he does the whole dramatic "NO" thing, but shrugs his shoulders and keeps writing. Apparently, this isn't the first person to take the interview less than seriously. When you ask what police training entails, he informs you it means learning all the standard procedure things of how to react to certain situations and the like. Also the proper way to detain crimials, and a bit a knowledge about the legal system.

    The officer talking to Pulse says that you're all done.

    Just as this is all wrapping up, a rather familiar theme song starts echoing in from the halls. It builds and builds into a rising cresendo, breaking just as The Man enters the room.

    Legion

    Home Depo - You get a candy bar about halfway into your pocket when the cashier notices you and yells "Hey! Either put that back, or pay for it!"

    Hospital - Thing have settled down a little at the hospital, but you really don't see any more noteworthy candidates.

    Reaper

    Bolt looks at you for a long while, his alien featues are hard to discern, but you get a feeling of great disgust is coming from him. He slowly raises his right arm, so his palm is facing you. A low hum fills the room, and a light or two flickers, you can smell the ozone in the air, you even hear cracks of electricity around Bolt's arm, but nothing, absolutely nothing, is more ominous than the pure hatred and loathing that is just rolling off of Bolt. The guards and fire mutant look like they want to stop him, but at the same time want to see you fry.

    Finally Bolt speaks, but his voice is no longer an echo; it is strong, it is powerful and it seems to be barely controlled. "Last night... My sister... my beautiful, loving sister... was killed... I was the one who found her... her body... had been torn to shreds... but she still had... that innocent look in her eyes... her cold, dead eyes... that would never again... light up when she saw me... she was only 8.......... I swore I would avenger her... I would kill... whatever... dog.. dared harm her.... and here I stand.... the dog before me... and I have the power.... to kill you... to end it all... But yet... I do not... As I stand here... you show remorse.... no.... horror... for what you have done... and what you now are.... For that........



    You will.... not.... die.... this day.... I am not showing.... mercy to you... I believe... that your own body.... will make a far better... prison... than any I could image... So remain... in your mortal coil.... and await... a death that will not come...."
    Bolt lowers his arm, and the build up of energy slowly dies away. He takes a step back from you, as if he wishes to take in the entirety of the scene in front of him.

    Joe

    (you need to roll a Research check to see if you can turn up any blue prints, and how good of quality you can find, which will also take time. Unless of course, unbeknownst to me there is a blueprints.com)

    Tasha

    "You" get down to the hospital after a kind of short ride. You are greeted by a scene much like all the hospital scenes I've described, but it is rather calm. Most of the reporters have finally given up and gone home. It appears that at this time, most of the mutants have settled into their own rooms and accommodations, and a sense of normalcy has returned. It is still pretty hectic, but it's around the same as a hospital on a busy day. From the far end of the hospital, you hear quite a bit of hubbub echoing down the halls.
    One of the nurses at the reception desk says "How may I help you sir?" as you get your bearings.

    Emperor Demonking

    One of the officer's at the main desks asks what business you have at the police station.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Orig @ City Hall

    "Meh, if you guys have like a book on this I'll take it but I'm going to be pretty busy." While he was starting to leave Orig. notices that weird guy that did the speech and his blatantly obvious theme music he stops for a short chat "Hey I heard your speech it was great!" at making you look like an arrogant loser "by the way there's this hot chick named Jen at the hospital who has super speed so she can come really fast." he said with a wink "I'd be glad to buy you an escort, but only for explicitly research purposes. Also I'm probably going to come into money soon so can I have your phone number to help coordinate funding that project." If he falls for this he's the dumbest person ever.

    #1 @ Home Depo

    "Fine, I'll put it back..." #1 says before continuing to checkout.

    #3 @ Hospital

    #3 since he doesn't have any way to go anywhere else heads back to Reaper's cell thing and says "Hey serial killer dude great job on tact and subtlety."

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Forgot to make a bluff check I seem to be screwing up a lot of rolls lately.

    (1d20+14)[16]

    If you fail your sense motive even with your +12 to sense motive I'm going to laugh.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Raven T.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where Nature rules
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Alex

    "I thank you for coming over tonight, Judy. You're welcome to stay as long as you like, but I have some things I need to take care of online, so I'll be busy for a while."

    Alex opened up his laptop again and headed directly toward Balchem's website. Once there, he pokes around until he finds a way to access the mainframe and extract any new information. (He will do this again "Tomorrow" morning if he doesn't find what he's looking for.)

    Computer Use:(1d20+11)[23]
    Knowledge (Business):(1d20+11)[19]
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

    I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum!

    Default Re: A New Chance

    ((Meh, crap. I haven't played Modern in way too long...))

    ROLL: 1d20+5=23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    blennus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    “The Man”

    “Escort? No need friend. Why would I need one if women worship the ground that I walk on? Anyways, don’t try to butter me up, you should know that I’m telepathic. Don’t try that crap on me, or you’ll regret it. Hah, just joshing you. Or am I?” He raises his right eyebrow and strokes his chin mysteriously, lets out a laugh, then strides off towards an open registration desk.

    Summary: Try to bluff legion, then go to answer questions.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+23)[9](32)

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Dr. Harold Smith a.k.a. Pulse

    Pulse departs the police with polite cordiality and flies off toward his home. His glider is smoking away as he flies low over the city and gets the feel for looking for trouble on the way.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    OOC: I can't beat that even with a Nat 20 on my Sense Motive.

    Did he just admit to a felony?
    Sure as heck sounds like it.

    "Well since your a telepath you saw this coming..." He says pausing for a second to breathe in as much as he can before screaming "MENTAL RAPE!!! This idiot just admitted to reading my thoughts come arrest his butt now!!!

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    blennus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    “The Man”

    The man turned around and snorted in contempt “Believe me, your mind is not worth raping. Besides which where is your proof may I ask? If that’s the way you want to play it, fine. Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please. This man attempted to deceive me, which I detected through his obvious body language. Indeed only a true nitwit would not see through his obvious lies. Then out of jest I told this man that I was a telepath, and that he should not try such things. Afterwards I even told him that it was a jest. Is there any crime in this? Now I ask you my fine police officers, if I volunteer my mind to be read by a telepath, and they said that I was not one, would not that provide prove to you that I am indeed not one myself, and that no crime has indeed been committed? And what of this, man I ask you. What are his motives. If his motives are indeed pure, he should have no fear of having his surface thoughts read by one as well. He has indeed had some plan of deception laid to ensnare me, but I was about to let him go. Then this pathetic excuse for a mutant screams Mental Rape, after I told him that I was not one? Who in his right mind not see through my jest I tell you? This man is suspect I say, thus I ask the police to provide us with a telepath, and we shall see who the guilty party is indeed. If he is not willing to have his mind read, you know who is the guilty party. Now obviously if refuses, there may not be evidence to convict him, but a night in jail might give him time to cool off, do you not agree?” He smirks, then turns to other man and says, “Your turn my good sir, do you have some sort of rebuttal? I am, all ears.” He turns his nose up, and looks down at the man.

    Summary: Diplomacy to police. Convince them of his innocence, and try to convince them to jail Legion if he doesn’t cooperate, even if it is for the night.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Check: (1d20+31)[2](33)

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "My only motive was to screw around which hardly counts as attempting to deceive someone, all of these people were witness to me doing nothing but screwing around when I took that test, and then this weird guy claims he can read my thoughts and I was rightfully paranoid because odds are there is a guy who can do that. Also even if he isn't a telepath I hardly think its legal to say you commited a felony in front of a bunch of cops. And then he wants to make it needlessly complex by bringing in someone that could have been a crack addict 2 days ago and expecting us to trust them."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomancy - (1d20+18)[23] Bluff - (1d20+14)[29]

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Gabriel Teske

    After spending most of the day perfecting the use of his telekinisis, Gabriel returned to the appartment. Tim was watching a news report...still.
    "And you claim I'm the one who wastes my life watching TV" said Gabriel.
    "Dude, you really should watch this. There's some crazy stuff going on". Gabriel glanced over at the TV. It appeared to be footage of the mayor giving a speech.
    "I'll pass"
    "But there's-"
    "I don't care" says Gabriel, walking off into his room.
    Hmm, what can I do now? One thing is clear. I've been thinking too small. I could be the most powerful person on the planet and I squander my abilities on cheap palour tricks like tossing rocks about and levitating my alarm clock. I must put these powers to a better use. One more befiting of my newfound greatness. The world will soon know the name of Gabriel Teske
    Last edited by GnollLord; 2007-11-05 at 08:41 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "Hello. I want the list of mutants, care to give it to me. And while I'm here where do I sign up." Asks Michael.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Glawackus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    Andrew leaves Balchem, and heads back towards City Hall in case there's anything that needs doing--if not, he's had enough for the day and is going to go home.

    "It's me," he says, calling up the mayor's secretary. "I'd like to get onboard with whatever registration efforts we're making for the...supers," he says, tasting the word. "If all that's square with the mayor, I'd like a report on everyone who's registered so far on my desk for tomorrow. And if we're going to go...beyond registration, I want to know."
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "Ethan"

    (OOC: First off.... remind me never to let Legion know if I read his mind! Watching those two try to out-charisma each other IS kind of funny though.)

    "Er... yeah. Hi." The false Ethan will say, looking about nervously. "This is the place that the... uh... the mayor said everyone who was near that... bomb... chemical... thing... should be.... isn't it?"

    "Ethan" shifted his weight nervously, his hands jammed into the pockets of his black hoodie.

    "So... uh... I wasn't real close but... I wanted to come down here and check... and see if I'm a... mutant.... thing... or whatever. I haven't been able to do anything, but... What happens.... if I am?"

    (No mind-reading just yet. Soon.... )

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Dr. Harold Smith a.k.a. Pulse

    As he flies over the city, keeping an eye out for trouble, headed roughly toward his house with a few zigs and zags as if he's on patrol. Pulse reaches into his coat and pulls out an untraceable cell phone. He punches in a phone number that very few people are privy to.

    Hello.... yes, hello Uncle... yes... I'm outside, sorry about the noise. Could you spare some time for your favorite nephew this evening? Yes, I know things are very busy... yes, I know I'm your only nephew. Okay... La Maison Blanc... yes, the first round of martinis is on me. I'll see you then. I was wondering... yes, a small favor. No, actually I don't want a list of the people who have registered... yes, I'm sure everyone wants it... you're keeping that under wraps? Good! I agree... no, but if you could bring a list of everyone who has requested the list of people who've registered... yes, and their superiors... Yes... I'll tell you when I see you.

    He breaks off the call and nods thoughtfully, It's useful when the Police Commissioner is your mother's brother.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The_Snark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Judith

    "No, I'll be heading off." The moment when she felt like she could have told him she'd been affected too had passed. Perhaps next time she visited, both of her would come; at least that way she'd know how to start. And given how quickly he'd gotten used to having tentacles, Alex wasn't likely to be fazed for long.

    At her flat, she got up and went out, headed for a bar a few streets away. Ronnie's was a hangout for some of the local small-time criminals—those who hadn't gotten themselves involved with any of the gangs. It had been a fairly safe gathering place back when she frequented it, as the police forays into the areas near the docks tended to be aimed at the gangs, but things might have changed; she'd only been there once in the last year or so. Hopefully it wasn't in the quarantine zone. Maybe that's over with now that they've said it isn't dangerous anymore, but I woudn't count on that... She began planning, trying to ignore the slightly surreal feeling she was getting from walking and riding a bus at the same time.

    Fortunately, Ronnie's seemed to have been outside the zone, but the little bar wasn't crowded tonight nonetheless. She pulled out a stool and nodded to the owner and bartender who gave the place its name. "Heya, Ronnie. Double." She paid for the drink, surreptitiously eyeing the few other patrons to see if she recognized any. "Crazy day, yeah? Did you get stuck with the quarantine earlier?"

    "Nope. Bad for business, though." It was about as much as the big bartender ever said at one time, which she interpreted as a sign that Ronnie wasn't going to hold her long absence against her. Of course, getting information out of him might be difficult; he never turned in one of his patrons.

    "They must've had some weird stuff in there. Shouldn't be legal to keep it in a residential district, you know?" He gave a grunt that was probably agreement. "'Course, maybe it wasn't. The place exploded, so how can you tell what it was now?" She shrugs, and leans forward, lowering her voice. "Listen, Ronnie—you hear a lot around here. You heard anything about this yet? Anybody mention they might know something?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on Gather Information for a 20, probing to see if the bartender knows anyone who might know something about the chemical or the shipping company.
    Avatar by Ifni. Thanks!

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Here we go again.

    Legion, The Man, and assembled officers of the law - Registration Office

    After the accompanied officers do a collective *facepalm* the officer who was interviewing Pulse gets up and speaks.

    *"Okay, just to make sure everyone here is on the same page, let me just sum up what occurred here. You {Legion} made several crude remarks to someone who was deemed good enough to speak on national television, a fact I personally don't agree with. And in that bit of dialog, you mentioned running an escort service in the presence of police officers, while making more crude comments about a woman who has given all of her time today to help those who were mutated.

    Then this doofus here {The Man}, threatens him with abilities he may or may not have. At which point this perv {Legion}, over reacts and screams rape at the top of his lungs, in the middle of a Police station. Then the other mook {The Man} takes roughly 10 minutes to day "Hey chill out, it was just a joke." and suggests that the police have him "mentally raped" by a person who just received their powers not even 24 hours ago to prove his innocence. Then finally this idiot {Legion} realizes that he very well could be in real danger here, so he finally starts taking Police proceedings seriously and defends his position.

    Now if it were up to me, I would take this night stick here and crack the pair of you over your empty heads and be done with it. But I won't because up until now, I've been having a good day. Now if both of you dunder heads feel like continuing this arguement, you will do so in a jail cell, and I really don't think you want to do that, because you {the Man} are "too cute for prison" and if you {Legion} heal as fast as you say, then you cell mates won't have to worry about leaving any marks.

    So I suggest that the two of you quit acting childish, pick you broken egos off the floor, and apologize to each other for going to far, and then to us for wasting out time."


    *DM's Note: Things said in these: { } . Are not actually said, it just makes my job easier to convey messages.


    Alex

    It appears that you are not the only one with this in mind because Balchem's site is running incredibly slowly, and if prone to frequent crashes. Even when you stumble upon a stable connection, you have Balchem's security system to deal with, which is (unfortunately for you) top-notch.

    Joe

    The closest thing that you're able to pull up is blueprints for the hospital before it underwent a massive renovation about 12 years ago, and you've got a feeling that you could make a better blueprint from memory and crayons than this one.

    Emperor Demonking

    "Since we've only starting making the list within the past few hours, only a handful of people have signed up so it is not even remotely complete. It you want to register, go up those stairs over there, and it's the room across the landing. They could probably rattle off an unofficial list from memory if you're truly interested."

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    The secretary answers back saying "The list is currently being complied and a "first edition list" will be made available to the public around noon tomorrow; members of the government and police will have it on their desk first thing tomorrow. The Mayor would actually like you to attend a meeting tomorrow at 8am to discuss our "next step" after the registration."

    "Ethan"

    The nurse puts on a very motherly smile and touches you gently on the shoulder "Nothing really "happens" deary. At this point, we can just run a few simple tests to see whether or not you have been affected or not. If it turns out that you've been affected, there's a ward down at that end of the hospital where we help people like you try to get their powers, if any, under control. Once we do that, you can go register down at the Police HQ and that'll be that. But of course, no one is forcing you to do anything, all of that is optional deary. We want to help you, but we don't have a right to meddle when we're not wanted."

    Pulse

    You eventually go to the meeting place at the designated time, and see quite a familiar face at the bar. When he sees you he goes up to you and shakes your hand "Long time no see. How are you holding up?"

    (If you would rather just use DM magic to speed through this scene, I'll allow it)

    Judith

    Ronnie lowered his voice a bit and answered, while cleaning a glass "Like I said, bad for business. Not just mine." He gives a significant gesture with his eyes at the last word. "Then again some people drink to forget their troubles." His eyes flicker meaningfully to a guy in the corner who looks like he's about 30% booze right about now.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Glawackus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Andrew/Vox Populi

    Andrew thanks the secretary and heads home to rest and contemplate a course of action for the next day.
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tar Palantir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    The Reaper thinks, slowly sifting through the horrors of the past night for relevant information. "A girl...a girl...I did not kill many girls that age last night. No more than two. One I know died almost bloodlessly, neck snapped. The other, I think I slit her throat with my claws. I'm not sure, there were several with the second girl, but i don't think she was greatly mauled. This is...disturbing, to say the least. There may be something else prowling the nights..." He pauses, deep in thought. He then asks the glowing being, "Describe her face, in as much detail as you can bear. If I did not kill her, then something else did, and it must be stopped. I know that you have no reason to trust me, and every reason not to, but I cannot rest until I know if there is another abomination like me stalking the streets of Rainport." His eyes show genuine concern, and just a tinge of the previous grief and guilt.
    Last edited by Tar Palantir; 2007-11-05 at 07:32 PM.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

    Current Characters:

    Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    blennus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    “The Man”

    “Officer, you sting me with your words, I must … No. You’re right, old chap. I have acted unworthily of someone of my position. You must be tired after a long hard day of honest work, and have probably had to put up with much today. I understand, and I salute your hard work and effort you put into preserving the peace. I apologize and humbly ask for your forgiveness for my earlier rudeness.” He bowed with a flourish. “I must admit that I too am tired for the day has drained me. Yet I should not have let my tiredness give way to rashness. I shall endeavor to act with more cordiality and patience in the future. I do hope that you realize however, that I have never put forward the idea that a telepath would mentally rape us. I was under the impression, that if it was consensual, that telepathy would not be an illegal act. Imagine the possibilities in psychotherapy! I merely wished that we would both consent to have our minds read so that this issue could be cleared up easily. Anyways, I digress. I will waste no more of your time.” He salutes the officers, and then turns to Legion, with a look of arrogant condescension. “And as for you, my dear good fellow, I must apologize for not realizing that some people simply cannot take a joke. I should not have jested with you in a manner that you would not be able to perceive. I shall endeavor to be more mindful of that in the future. I do suggest however, that you do not try to deceive me in the future, or I may be forced to take legal action.” He looks at the other man with as much menace he can muster.

    Summary:
    Apologize, and try to improve officer’s disposition (diplomacy). Apologize to legion (well not a real apology, heh. But really I think this is best that “The Man” can do, at least in character. Fauntleroy on the other hand would probably be gibbering out an apology.) Then intimidate legion, to not try to bluff him again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy roll (officers): (1d20+31)[20](51)
    Intimidate roll (Legion): (1d20+25)[19](44)

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum!

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "Damn. Well, it's not much, but it's something." The other library patrons looked at him strangely as he printed it out. Looking over it, he realized it was completely useless. Feeling sorry for the paper he wasted, he tossed the map in the recycling and deletes the internet history on the computer. After cycling through a few pages to fill it up again (paranoia abounds!), he left the building and made his way to a seedy gun shop in the South Side owned by one of his usual fences. "I'm going to need guns. Lots of guns," he said in the best Keanu Reeves voice he could manage, handing over I.D. and his gun license.

    "Very funny," said the shopkeeper. "Whaddaya want?"

    "I'll take... hmm... what're the prices on these? I don't seem to be able to find tags..."

    SUMMARY: Cover the internet trail, leave the library, and go to the gun shop. Ask the dude what the prices are on his stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The_Snark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Judith

    "Thanks." She glances over at the man, deciding she probably ought to wait before buying the guy another drink; she doesn't want him to pass out, after all.

    She slides into the booth across the table from him. "Rough day, huh?"
    Avatar by Ifni. Thanks!

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "Ethan"

    "Really? No labs or anything? What is the registration thing for? Do you guys... like... track them? I don't wanna be like some moose on the discovery channel."

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "I'm sorry for not planning this out well enough..." Orig. says before jumping towards the window, then realizing its closed, stopping to open it, walking back to 'the man', and jumping out the window while saying "WOOT... Stage Dive!".

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Raven T.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where Nature rules
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Alex

    Hmm...so there are more people than I interested in this, which is to be expected. This means I need to move fast if I intend to make my move. The problem is that I do not have the funds currently to do much. Gah, this is a total Catch 22. Bloody *&^%$#!%, they're going to block me off! Alex pounded the chair firmly. If the company didn't lock it all down and sweep it under the rug, the government would shut them down and lock away all the secrets.

    NO! Patience. Move up into a greater position of power in your own company. If the government DOES take all the information...well, a little money goes a long way... He smiled some, satisfied he had a contingency plan. Not everything required the direct approach.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

    I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Michael walked uped to the room where he's meant to sign up. "Where do I register? Any telepaths?"

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Dr. Harold Smith a.k.a. Pulse

    Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: If you wish, we can speed through the scene, I know you've got a lot going right now with all these players. Personally, I think we need to kill anyone who has multiple forms right now, just to give geez3r a rest ;)

    Basically, I wanted to use this scene to establish:

    Letting my uncle know (as the only one who knows), the true identity of Pulse.

    Establishing that he can call on me for police-related needs (including forensic/detective work).

    Have an amusing realiziation of how Pulse's metabolism works... get drunk very fast... get sober very fast.

    Get the list of people initially trying to get the list of supers early.

    Being told that the list will be released (hopefully sans the name of anyone who isn't necessarily helping the police, but just wanted their powers registered, and who have no costumed identity - releasing their names would seem like a breach of privacy).

    Getting an update on anything my uncle might know about the accident, and establish that he will give me updates as more is discovered.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Raven T.'s Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where Nature rules
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Alex

    Relaxing some, he turns on one of the news channels to see what he has missed so far. They're registering these mutants? I guess people took the mayor's statement about vigilantism to heart. All the more reason not to register. Who needs a secret identity if you keep your mutanthood secret in the first place? He smirks some. Registration is only the first step. Sanctions will follow, then possible outright persecution. This actually sets me up better than I could have ever planned. Those who wish to avoid this persecution will clamor for an antidote, while small-time criminals will be looking to become mutants. A win-win situation for someone with the right position. All I have to do is some...unseemly acts to keep people from moving on this before me. Who can stop me; these other freaks? Laughable. No, there will be no foul-ups, no mistakes. He sees, for the first time, the clip of this...Reaper creature and the heroes who stepped to the mayor's aid. This...this is a good example of what NOT to do.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

    I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •