Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1506

Thread: A New Chance

  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    dfpiii's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Paragon

    Paragon turns his armoured head towards the shotgun blast. The driver might have some conception of what is about to happen to him as the dark knight gives an off-hand cuff to the baseball bat wielding thug that knocks him flying.

    With very deliberate steps he advances on the driver and lands a blow that could have punched through sheet steel.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I've rolled 3 rounds just to speed this up.

    Unless the mook with the shotgun is super human then he's toast, so I've just moved on from the scene - presuming there aren't any unexpected incidents.

    2pp for attacks.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1369544


    Paragon briefly surveys the scene before dipping the tip of his mailed finger in blood and carefully tracing a small, stylised P on the side of the van.

    Paragon is soon aloft again and heading back through the night sky to the Institute, where he circles, making sure nobody is nearby, before landing at the back of the Apollo house.

    ***

    Professor Dark sits through the long solitary night in a high-backed armchair in front of a roaring fire. He flicks through recent journals, feeling powerful and content, until the sun rises and he prepares for class.
    Last edited by dfpiii; 2007-11-12 at 06:00 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Lonely_d12's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Davan

    "No, I can't do anything nearly as...interesting as that. The best thing I can do is jump kinda high. What about you?
    -Remember, kids...Beeblebrox's Gambit is never a good idea. Never send a fifth drink down to see what the other four are doing in your stomach.
    -Bunnies Can't Phone. But, THEY CAN FLY

    Avatar by Ceika!!!

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "Ethan"


    "You... jump high? That's not much of a power really. Unless you want to play in the NBA. Ethan will mutter with a smirk, "It beats me though. I don't think I can do anything. I mean... everyone else has had stuff happen so quickly. There's those guys on TV, and a girl down the hall can turn into neon chipmunks... but like... I guess I didn't inhale enough of it... or something.

    Ethan will shrug and pause for a second, before continuing.

    Now that I think of it... I think it might have given me a cold sore. It blows. There's a guy that can throw fire... or lighting... or whatever... and I got nothin'. Freaking lame.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum!

    Default Re: A New Chance

    ((You forgot your OOC things. And I think there's an interrogate skill, masterminds get a bonus to it... it's charisma based.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    (I never really liked the "skill roll as a subtitute for roleplaying... but then, I'm used to DMing. One of the things that really needs to go in 4th ed, I think, is the sense motive "super lie-detector" skill.

    Rant aside... It is the rules, and I shall abide. Just assume that Tasha is taking 10 on any bluff checks she makes while she is acting "in character", unless I say otherwise. That will save some time. That would give her a bluff of 24. And who needs interrogation when you can read minds? )

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Lonely_d12's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    ooc: I actually did intend to put in a bluff roll, sorry 'bout that. My character doesn't really want to give away any of his big secrets, so he's a little leery about just volunteering what all he can do (so far). so, for the sake of argument, here is what is sure to be a poor bluff result-Bluff - (1d20+4)[15]
    -Remember, kids...Beeblebrox's Gambit is never a good idea. Never send a fifth drink down to see what the other four are doing in your stomach.
    -Bunnies Can't Phone. But, THEY CAN FLY

    Avatar by Ceika!!!

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    (In all likelyhood, Tasha is going to guess that you might be leaving some things out... regardless of bluff rolls... or regardless of if you were lying or not. Mostly because she always assumes that people have ulterior motives. She just figures that you, like her... Just don't want to announce the crazy stuff you can do. But then... when you can read people's minds, it's not that hard to find out the truth, eh? Anyways... let's put the rolls aside unless it becomes important, and just keep going.)

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Lonely_d12's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Davan

    "Ah, it might have it's uses, I'm pretty sure I can come up with something. And you might have powers yourself, just might not know how to use them. Anyways, I need to be going, have a good evening.

    Davan leaves the hospital, and walks up the street.

    Throwing fire, eh? Interesting. Well, it's starting to get late, and you know what they say-the freaks come out at night. I'd bet that some of the people affected by the explosion aren't all the wholesome law-abiding variety, and I'd doubt the cops can really take on most of them. Maybe I should try a stint as a vigilante-type...might come across someone challenging. I'd better be careful about telling people about my abilities...the wrong type knowing too much would make things difficult, and it is better to appear weak when strong.

    OoC:going to wander around for a bit until I run into an encounter of some sort.
    Last edited by The_Lonely_d12; 2007-11-13 at 01:30 AM.
    -Remember, kids...Beeblebrox's Gambit is never a good idea. Never send a fifth drink down to see what the other four are doing in your stomach.
    -Bunnies Can't Phone. But, THEY CAN FLY

    Avatar by Ceika!!!

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Thrall_Of_Ao's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Draven Knight
    "Oblivion"

    5:50 PM

    Draven rolled over and sat up quickly, his breathing and heartbeat rapid as he shook off the last clinging vestiges of sleep and dream and slowly regained his bearings. The words I don't want to jump seemed to echo hollowly in his mind, then slowly fade, although he could not recall to what those words refered. He felt claustrophobic, and cold, but couldn't place the exact reason why.

    What a horrible nightmare he thought as he rubbed a hand over his face, his usual calm quickly remerging and taking charge. All he could recall was seeing an explosion from the vantage of his jobs rooftop, then nothing.

    Running a hand through his unbound hair, he felt around in the dark, when the realization of where he was hit him like a sledgehammer.

    That's why it feels stuffy in here. I'm sleeping in my clothes, on bare concrete, he thought, the chill of realization sinking in.

    He was in the basement of "The Unsung Edition", the bookstore in which he worked. How he knew that he wasn't sure, but he could "feel" the walls around him, even in the dark. A feeling that went beyond smell, beyond touch, a feeling he could only describe in a singular expression.

    I am One.

    Yesterday I was a dabbler, but I have awoke a master...but how?
    The certainty that he felt as these thoughts flowed through his mind was staggering.

    He quickly got to his feet, and was amazed by how incredibly balanced and powerful he felt, despite the manner in which he had just slept for hours. Looking down at his watch for the time, he made note that, in the dark, he could not in fact see the numerals on the face, even as he depressed the illumination button and read the current time.

    He moved rapidly across the room, avoiding all the unseen obstacles and climing the stairs to the first floor two at a time without even thinking about it, his thoughts a roiling maelstrome of questions and speculation, as a growing feeling of unquantifiable wrongness slithered out from the recesses of his consciousness.

    What the hell happened last night? What could possibly have changed so drastically that I am now master of myself?

    The light in the store was muted, the dark and reflective tinting of the shops westward facing front windows diffusing the glare of the early autumnal twighlight to the point that Draven's eyes adjusted without trouble.

    He went behind the counter, noting his reflection in it's glass surface as he pulled his shoulderbag out from behind the counter. He looked much the same, despite his newfound hyper awareness of his surroundings I can feel the grain of the glass and the slowly burgeoning feeling of unease that continued to encroach upon his conscious thoughts.

    He looked closer, searching for something, anything. He thought he saw his brooding storm gray eyes shift somehow, the color changing, his pupils expanding, the whites darkening...he recoiled in disbelief, then quickly stepped forward, looking again but seeing nothing unusual.

    After taking a calming breath, filing what he thought he saw away for later consideration, he decided he needed to leave, the shop hours normally started around this time in the evening on Sunday, but, at this juncture, he desparately needed some time to himself.

    Well at least my complection seems to be looking particularly good today he thought, a wry smile twisting the corner of his mouth, trying to stay calm despite the uncertainty the inhumanity that continued to fill his mind.

    He stepped lightly and rapidly out of the store, not neglecting to use the keys on his belt to quickly lock the shops back door behind him.

    I just need to get back to my place and figure things out. I'm sure there's some kind of explanation.

    But his thoughts seemed vain and hollow, even to himself.

    That's how I feel though. Hollow. Not just mentally or emotionally, but now I literally feel it physically. He shivered and he gritted his teeth at that thought, crossing the stores small back lot to his vehicle.

    Using keyless entry, he entered his small dark coup and drove quickly to his small dark basement apartment.

    He thought he heard sirens a few blocks away as he made his way through the morning traffic.
    He tried and failed to not wonder what the hell was going on.


    ...7:50 PM

    Entering the apartment with a rapid turn of a key and a faster locking of the door behind himself, he looked about the well apointed room distractedly as if he expected something to be out of place. The realization that all he saw was darkness, and that he had not hit a lightswitch yet struck him for the second time that morning, an unusual pain stabbing through his mind as he walked to the fridge to prepare his breakfast.

    But as he prepared the rather extravegant meal, stirring the batter for the waffles, breaking the eggs for his omlet and frying the bacon, he felt nothing. No anticipation, no appetite, not even disgust, only the slithering feeling that seemed to be relentlessly consuming him from within the core of his being...and it was spreading.

    Maybe I caught some new bug he thought darkly as he finished his task distractedly and put all of it away for later.

    Suddenly, a stabbing pain ripped through his body, as a memory emerged of the night before, the view from the dark windswept rooftop of the shop, the sight of the fireball that blossomed from out of nowhere in the distance among the nightime city landscape. The feeling of onrushing air as he tumbled over the edge of the building. The scent...of what? He couldn't place the smell. But he was smelling it now, as if it was being forced out of his lungs.

    I'm not sick...but I'm not well either.

    He staggered over to his inviting leather recliner, his breathing unsteady. An unexplainable twisting feeling coiling it's way from somewhere within his chest, out through his limbs, clawing into his skull, the pain driving him to his knees in agony.

    Gritting his teeth and grimacing in agony as he held his head with both hands, his eyes tightly shut, the pain intensified, turning into razor wire raked across his brain.
    Unable to bear the pain any longer, Draven screamed out in his torment, opening his eyes, and seeing his apartment anew, the pain forgotten in his amazement.

    So this is what the world looks like through the eyes of the Great Spirit he marveled as the pain slowly subsided, his tensed muscles slowly relaxing.

    The details and shapes were precise, but only lacked color, everything seen in shades of black white and gray. Then he realized for the first time that he felt everything in the room in all directions. He watched his pet python slither languidly through his enclosure across the room, but simultanously felt the lock of his front door in precise detail.
    His head swam with the realization.

    What have I become? What was that explosion? A terrorist attack? No, there would have been soldiers in the streets. Although he did recall now that people he had seen on the street near his store had been acting somewhat edgy. As if a parade was about to start...or an unexpected event had occured.

    "Like an explosion that wiped out half a city block" he growled to himself, his dark hair hanging in his eyes as he lowered his head and leaned on his knees.

    Picking up the slim dark universal controller off of the glass top of his coffee table, he activated the stereo, changing the station to a 24 hour news channel, as he walked into his bathroom and, after taking a calming breath, turned on it's light.

    He looked at his visage in a mixture of horror and amazement as the news relayed the bizzar story of what had happened the night before, and what the authorities were doing about the situation.

    His face looked the same, save two exceptions. His eyes were reflectionless black orbs, and what appeared to be a latticework of veins twisted underneath the surface of his flesh.

    A monster, they've made me a monster he thought hollowly, forcing his mind to accept that what he saw was real.

    NO.

    Focusing his will, he bore down upon his eyes, and watched as they slowly returned to normal, the raised twisting shapes sinking out of sight beneath his skin.

    "I am the master of my destiny" he said grimly, staring darkly at his austere angular reflection in the mirror, his straight glossy black hair hanging in disorganized locks before his eyes.

    He readied himself to depart, determined to know the truth.


    ...9:29 PM

    Driving around aimlessly, he continued to listen to the news, his disbelief growing in equal measure to his rage. He noted more than once a form flitting between and over buildings, and streaking through the sky as he looked about warily.

    "The Reaper", "The Man", and how many more megolomaniacs and madmen have been granted the power of gods? How many minds have snapped under the strain of this newfound reality?

    He marveled to himself that no outright rioting or destruction had occured yet. He suspected that the shock of the event was probably still being assimilated by those changed...as well as those unaffected.
    As he considered the staggering implications of what had and hadn't occured he parked his car downtown, and after crossing the street to a club he bounces for part time, his black leather duster flapping in the cool evening air, he entered, wordlessly passing the bouncer on duty with a nod.

    Bellying up to the bar, he looked around at the sparse turnout, and brooded silently as he waited for the bartenders attention.
    Last edited by Thrall_Of_Ao; 2008-10-16 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Just need those fine details ironed out.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    evisiron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Nosferatu

    Nosferatu glides above the city for a while, looking for people in trouble, or at least some of the other 'supers' that were meant to be around.

    Well, it was getting kind of late, and surely most people would want any kind of mutation hushed up until they knew what kind of reaction would occur.

    Mind drifting for a few minutes, it seems time to test this flight ability a bit more. With a sharp of intake of breath, he soars into the sky. While the speed is not too intense, Nosferatu finds he can manoveur pretty well.

    Breaking through the low cloud cover, the moon seems to be out. While not nearly as strong as from the sun directly, the reflected moonlight still feels good. And the freedom of flying is truly fantastic...

    With a burst of enthusiasm, Nosferatu does some spirals and loop-the-loops, until something glimmers as it falls out of his pocket. Without a moments thought, he plunges after the object. He catches up with it slowly, and snatches it before it hits the ground. With an effort to reduce speed, Nosferatu does a small flip and lands feet first on the ground. With a wide smile at the display of power, he opens his hand to view the prize that required so much effort.

    Sitting in the palm of his hand, is a single metal d10, with an icon of a grinning vampire in place of the '0'.

    "Hehe. Figures"

    Taking stock of his surroundings, he notices the electronics store beside him has a TV running, discussing todays events. The keeper himself seems temporarily absent. After a few minutes of watching, Nosferatu steps out of the store and starts walking up the street.

    "Hmm.. They want mutants to register... That kind of screws my whole 'Spiderman-esque' lovable vigilante idea to the wall. Nothing says 'thanks for the help' like being arrested by the officials. But i dont want all the paperwork... Gah! I guess I can just go sign up with the Nosferatu ID, stay kind of loosely connected. Couldnt hurt, right? Well, better grab something less lethal than a katana en route..."

    Nosferatu first heads to the nearest supermarket/ sports store and purchases a baseball bat and a strap to affix it to his back. He then starts heading to the police station, keeping a lookout for trouble and other 'supers' on the way.


    Summary: Nosferatu realises he should register with the police, and heads that way after buying a baseball bat, all the while looking out for people in trouble and other supers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behold Nosferatu, the Plant Vampire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

    Thanks Serpentine!


    Referring to Pop Yule Ashun:
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberRebirth View Post
    evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in Trogland

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Michael tried to remember where abouts the blast originated was. When he remembered Michael started to walk as glose to it as he could get.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "Ethan"

    Aren't you here for... Ethan will begin, as Davan just walks out abruptly. ...tests?

    It was too late... He was out the door. Maybe something she said had struck a nerve.

    Well... there goes that... I think I scared him off She thought to herself. This is getting nowhere. If I'm going to find out what's going on... I need to find someone who knows. These people are just as in the dark as me. I need to get close to the mayor... Or that idiot on television. The "Man" or whatever. The mayor is probably easier to find... but he's going to have men at his side... like fire-boy and... giant... guy?

    Deciding she might need a bit more time to plan... And getting a bit concerned about the state of her body... Tasha decided it was time to leave Ethan and get back into a body that didn't smell like boy. But she just had one last thing to do before then.

    *A breif timelapse for the sake of everyone's sanity*

    "Ethan" emerged from the hospital bathroom with a bemused smirk... zipping his fly.

    So that's what that's like... Interesting. He said to himself with a chuckle.

    Then just to give Ethan a VERY confused wake-up... And, not knowing what he will remember... She will drive back to the dorms in his car, and pick up a bottle of Jack Daniels. Not knowing where his dorm room is... or even if he lives on campus... she will make the poor bastard down as much of the drink as she can tolerate out in the parking lot... and then... as her vision starts to get blurry... she will snap back... and bolt up in her bed.

    OW! Ah, son of a @#$%&! She will yell in pain.

    Note to self... While outside my body... my limbs tend to fall asleep. She thought... painfully shaking several hours of pins and needles from her arms... and cursing up a storm.

    Once that was all over. She sat down to finish up a english lit paper she had due... and make plans to "Get in touch" with someone who might just know what the hell is going on. Like the mayor...

    (Tasha is done for the day, and can skip ahead whenever you're ready to move on, oh mighty GM. I have plans....)
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2007-11-13 at 11:05 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Sorry for the lateness, I was having computer trouble, by which I mean my cat pulled one of the wires out of my computer when he was messing around behind my desk.

    Joe

    You see the look of fright flash across the would be mugger's eyes as he jumps aside from what have would been a fatal shot, but a few pellets from the gun penetrate his shoulder and he bleeds a little. "GET HIM!" he shouts.

    The guy with the knuckles pulls back and tries to slug you in the face, but misses by a pretty wide margin, but it looks like it would have really hurt otherwise.

    Baseball bat guy tries to hit a home run, using your head as the ball. But he again misses.

    Finally the guy who you previously shot tries to shank you, and manages to find a nice home for the blade in your arm, cutting it pretty deep. (10 damage)



    Reaper

    Dr. Fritz listens to your speech with a blank face, her hand silently moving about the paper. Her eyes look directly into yours, never looking away, never judging, never blinking... never looking altogether human.

    She suddenly stops writing. She clicks her pen and places it on a desk. She matter-of-factly places her clip board next to her pen on the desk. There isn't a word anywhere on the page. She closes her eyes and takes off her glasses in a slow deliberate motion, placing them next to the other items on the desk, and looks back at you with eyes you know all to well. These are the eyes you saw reflected in the eyes of every victim you've every slain; the eyes of a killer.
    "No. I don't think questions are important at this point, do you?" says the doctor as a sinister smirk curls on her lips.
    You do not know if there was ever any warmth in your heart, but if there ever was, her cold, harsh, desolate voice just forcibly removed it from every fiber of your being.

    Legion

    You follow the hall down, most of these are offices, and one of them is a copying room. One of the guards is following you to make sure you keep to your word. You spot a camera at the top of the stair well, looking at toward the front of the back down the hall you just came through. When you reach the bottom of the stairwell, you enter onto a small landing. To the right of the stairs are the bathroom, opposite the stairs is a blank wall, and to the left is a jackpot. There is wall that looks much like a jail cell, with a solid looking lock on it, built into the wall. Beyond it, all of the wall are lined with what you assume are security deposit boxes, but you don't know the entire layout, because it appears to be a hallway that goes underneath the bank, and you can't see the rest from you angle. There is a camera in each of the 4 corners of this small room, along with at least 2 more in the block off area.

    You enter the bathroom, and the guard waits outside to give you some privacy, there are no camera in the bath room, and there are 3 stalls, 3 urinals and 3 sinks.

    The stuff in the van goes as planned.

    Nosferatu

    You start flying towards the police station, after buying a weapon before you see something that catches your eye. Off in the distance, you see a glowing orange light, moving pretty quickly across the sky. Intrigued you get closer, and note that the light appears to be a man, on fire. There's a jet of flame behind him propelling him, though he doesn't appear to be that maneuverable, though that's not stopping him from doing stupid stuff, like flying upwards for a bit, before stopping the jet of flame keeping him afloat and free falling for a bit, before starting to fly again. He notices you coming up to him, and he points to the top of a nearby sky scraper, which he flies over to and lands on.

    Pulse

    You make the noise makers. It might not be all together pretty given your materials, but it looks like it works and that's what counts.

    Judith

    The boozer follows you in, closing the door behind him, cloaking the place in darkness. You would normally be freaked out being alone with this creepy guy in this warehouse, but he's making enough noise that you know where he is. He sounds like he's fumbling on the wall for something, and you here a click; the boozer found a flashlight, and hands a second one to you. He signals you to follow him. He leads you past rows and rows of old rusty containers, and machines that haven't been used in a good long while.

    You follow this guy for 20 seconds before something catches you eye. Through all the dust and cobwebs, you see a few other pairs of foot prints, not more than a day old. The boozer seems to be sobering up a bit, and doesn't stagger nearly as much, and he has actually said a single word since he entered this building. Do you still follow him?

    Paragon

    Congratulations, you have 3 counts of murder.


    ================================
    Interrogation- You can treat this 1 of 3 ways, I accept any of them.
    1) It's its own skill used for getting information out of some prisoner you have confined through a process of cross examination or the like.
    2) Good cop. You use diplomacy skill (with behind the curtain ad hoc penalties and bonuses done by your truly) to get the subject to willingly cooperate.
    3) Bad cop. Variation of intimidation (with behind the curtain ad hoc penalties and bonuses done by your truly) where you scare the guy into giving you info, whether it is through mental or physical threats.

    The PC's can use bluff, intimidate, diplomacy, etc. with each other, it will not however be as effective as it would normally be against some guy if you're trying to get PC's to act a certain way. Otherwise, "The Man" for example, could just go up to every PC and say "be my buddy" and get like a 50-something on a diplomacy check, and everyone is his buddy.

    If you would rather roleplay it out, then by all means forget the dice and roleplay. If it becomes like a major, life altering deal, then the dice will come into play. For idle chit chat, you can safely leave the dice at home.

    ===================================

    Davan

    You wander the streets for a bit, kind of forgetting what you're out there for. You eventually come up on a mostly empty street, the only other person on the street is a woman, looks to be about mid 40's and probably has kids; she's just got that mom look in her eyes. When you get about 15 feet away from her, she smilies at you, when suddenly a guy darts out of the alley way, and grabs her purse, after struggling with it for a moment. He starts darting to the other side of the street.

    OOC: Not cliche at all.

    Oblivion

    The bartender swaggers on over to you, cleaning a mug. "Evening Draven. Slow night. People are afraid to go out. Even more afraid to start fights. Makes your job easy. ...You feeling alright? You look a little... off."

    Emperor Demonking

    You keep walking until you reach the quarantine line, there are a few people standing about looking at the clean up area. A few of them appear to be reporters. There are a few police officers keeping them on that side of the area, though most of them don't really look like they're trying to push through the line.



    GENERAL NOTICE: When I post on Friday, it will ding midnight on the current day, and unless you say otherwise, I assume that after that time, you do nothing else noteworthy and head off to bed somewhere, meaning I will time-skip to the morning. So, when you do your next posts, try to include some plans for your immediate future. Basically, say: "after I do the above, I plan on trying to accomplish X before going to bed". How you actually accomplish X can be taken care of in a later post. But put that little bit in so unless it's overly complicated or the like I can just hand wave it. I'll try to post more often so people can finish up whatever story line they're on for today. This basically makes sure people just don't suddenly say "Oh but I totally did X last night" after I move the day. So try to get your stuff in order, and what you plan on doing in the near future.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    evisiron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Nosferatu

    “Huh. Someone out testing the powers of their flight. I can’t criticize him for that. I should see what he is up to. But if he is calling himself the Human Torch…”

    Nosferatu shakes his head and lifts into the air, and heads towards the flaming skydiver.

    “I can…almost see him..”

    Straining to see the figure in better detail, the dark green substance raises to the surface of his skin again. After a moment, Nosferatu realises he can ‘taste’ something on his skin. It seems to be coming from the figure, and dips in and out from perception as the fire guy moves around 60ft away. It seems to taste like burnt food, or stale smoke.

    Letting the strange new sense settle back into the subconscious (and returning the skin to normal), Nosferatu soars up to the top of the sky scraper. After raising his arm in greeting, he says:

    “Greetings. I can see I am not the only one who is testing that phrase ’as the crow flies’. I am Nosferatu. If I may ask, who are you? And what brings you to the top of this skyscraper?”


    (Plans before morning: Register as a mutant with the police as Nosferatu. Secret ID kept secret. Willing to help, and receive training at a later date. Gives them my cell phone number, ’in case of emergency’. Of course, I have to see what this flying guy wants first…)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Used Detect Power for 1PP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behold Nosferatu, the Plant Vampire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

    Thanks Serpentine!


    Referring to Pop Yule Ashun:
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberRebirth View Post
    evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The_Lonely_d12's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Davan

    So slow...I might have to rethink doing this. Maybe try and set up a patrol system or something, otherwise this Vigilante thing'll go bust. I don't want to have to go through the police for everything unless I have to...that's gonna make things difficult.

    As a thief suddenly steals the purse of a passing woman, Davan quickly thinks to himself as he begins pursuit
    Well, it's a start. Stupid bugger, that's for sure.

    OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    List of planned actions:
    Going to close in on and try to grapple the thief

    initiative (1d20+7=21)
    touch attack (1d20+10=30)
    grapple check (1d20+10=15)
    And from there on out going to try to "convince" said malefactor to drop the purse, trying not to kill him though...mostly why I'm not just shooting him or something. Whether by disarming, intimidating, or beating into submission/unconsciousness (though I'd prefer to not do the last option.), gonna get the purse, I'll give the lady her purse back, and be off.

    If I fail:I'll try and pursue him as long as I can, regardless at the end of the encounter, I'm going to go to the bar and ask about any other vigilante inclined supers...probably try to look into getting a group together for stuff...mostly patrolling. eventually going home to sleep.
    -Remember, kids...Beeblebrox's Gambit is never a good idea. Never send a fifth drink down to see what the other four are doing in your stomach.
    -Bunnies Can't Phone. But, THEY CAN FLY

    Avatar by Ceika!!!

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tar Palantir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "What fiend are you?" the Reaper cries, loudly enough to attract some attention. "You are a killer. I smell the stench of death on you. Begone from my presence, or I will remove you." He musters his strength, preparing to call on the one power left to him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ready a Cause Fear on the doctor if he does anything hostile or appears to use some power on me.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

    Current Characters:

    Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Dr. Harold Smith a.k.a. Pulse

    Harold spraypaints everything flat black and then replaces the bulbs with new ones to make sure everything looks kosher, and of the same technological origin. He tests his various devices, the flyer, the flare grips, the sonic screwdriver, the magnetic starfish, and the guns.

    He fishes out his untraceable cell and punches in another number. "Lewis? Yes... it's me, can we talk on this line? Okay... yes, I do actually have a request, and it will be a difficult one. I want to know everything Balchem knows about the accident... and I mean everything. Yes, I know it's a really bad time, but do you remember when I helped someone else with a really bad time... good, I thought you might. No... magnetic media might be bad... I've had a computer meltdown myself... a new invention I'm working on. A Photon Disk would be best. I'll call for updates once a week... I know your investigation will be ongoing. What's that... no... Nice try, but you and I know that you can get them to funnel everything through legal... they are going to want to cover their asses every which way. No, I promise, the data is for my own use, nothing will be released before Balchem releases it themselves. Okay, thanks, Lewis."

    Harold grabs a quick meal, then sits down in front of the mirror and dons his familiar makeup for Pulse, then puts on his costume, holster, and stows various pieces of equipment about his person. He turns off his police scanner, since nothing significant seems to be happening about the city and takes his usual precautions before departing his home and making a visible show of his patrol. As he soars over the city, keeping his senses active for crime, he also watches for other heroes. "Can't hurt to get to know some of my fellow crimefighters... someone might even want to start a group effort, those four who covered the mayor and took down The Reaper showed good teamwork.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Nosferatu

    When you decidedly remain airborne, the guys makes a face a lot like this one: before taking to the air again, so he's not shouting. Now that you're up close to him, you realize that he's not really flying, so much as just throwing himself through the air, he's really not all that graceful. "They call me Inferno; I didn't particularly like the name, but it stuck. I'm heading back home, I'm tired, man. I need SLEEP. Though apparently some of us are night owls. What are you doing out so late?"

    OOC: The guy just stopped for some idle chit chat with a fellow Super, it's easy enough to read him that you don't need to make any rolls. The power you detect from him is minor.

    Davan

    You catch up to the thief easily and grab him, but he manages to worm your way out of your grasp, and he tries to hit you, failing miserably, so miserably in fact, that he throws himself off balance. The poor thief has to waste a few precious seconds regaining his balance. Next round.

    Reaper

    The doctor lets out a cold little laugh. "Until we meet again, my prey." The doctor becomes more and more insubstantial until she disappears into nothingness. Just as she vanishes, several of the lights in the room emit a popping sound, and extinguish, casting shadows about the room. You hear foot steps thudding down the hall, getting closer to your room.

    {You can shadow meld if you so wish}

    Dr. Harold Smith a.k.a. Pulse

    {I'm going to hold off on this, because you're a day ahead of the pack, and the events of tonight, might make you want to pursue a different course of action}
    Spoiler
    Show

    After working late into the night, keeping the thermostat way up, he polishes off a second dinner before climbing into bed.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    evisiron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "With a name like Nosferatu, I assumed the reason I am up during the night would be self evident. Before you freak out, no, I don't drink blood. Anyway, I decided to fly around for a bit, see who else was out here. You are the first other Super I have met. So, what is your power exactly? Did you get it from his chemical explosion stuff? By the way, if you are tired or heading somewhere, we can talk as we fly."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If flying, keeping an eye on him in case fatigue sets in and he drops from the sky. Making sure to get his cell phone number before parting ways if possible.


    At some point in the conversation:

    "You mentioned 'they' call you Inferno. Who are 'they'?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behold Nosferatu, the Plant Vampire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

    Thanks Serpentine!


    Referring to Pop Yule Ashun:
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberRebirth View Post
    evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The_Snark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Judith

    Liking this less and less, Judith follows slowly and warily, flicking her flashlight over the crates and machines to see if she can tell what the place was for. She's still brimming with nervous energy; back in her flat, she gets up from the couch, pacing about the smallish room. They're definitely not supposed to be here, and the abandoned warehouse is starting to creep her out... as is the guy, who was a lot more manageable when he was too drunk to walk in a straight line. Finally it gets to her enough to speak up. "Hey... where are we going, anyway?" she whispers, the small noise sounding louder in the quiet warehouse and making her glance about yet again.
    Avatar by Ifni. Thanks!

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Orig.

    Orig will take out his gun and knife ready them, turn off the lights and sit in a toilet stall with his legs up so there not visible from the outside, and just wait for a guard to go to the bathroom.

    Note: The stall is unlocked but the door is still shut.

    #1

    #1 will sit in the van and contemplate the meaning of life.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hiding behind the stall should grant total concealment which doesn't need a hide check but if it doesn't Hide - (1d20-2)[2]
    ListenForguards - (1d20)[15]
    And just because, [Roll=Knowledge(Philosophy)]1d20+5[/roll] I'm using it untrained.

    * post roll count doesn't match database

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BloodyAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: A New Chance

    (Hey Nos... don't forget... they can trace your cell phone to your secret ID, unless it's a pre-paid one, and those eventually die. I'd suggest you get a phone under a fake name if you plan on having a "hotline".)

    Tasha hasn't got much else planned for the night, unless something comes up. Since she got Heather to go visit her mom, she'll likely have the night to herself. She'll finish an english lit paper... with the news on in the background... and loud music blaring in her iPod. Unless something comes on the news that's incredibly awesome... (and it had better be a picture, because she's not going to hear) she's going to stay settled in for the night.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum!

    Default Re: A New Chance

    "Ngh! Dammit, that hurt!" Without knowing why, Joe touched the wound, his hand beginning to glow a little. The wound stopped bleeding and sealed (mostly).

    SUMMARY: Use Healing Touch for 8 hp; invisible castle is down and I don't know how to use the forum roller, so I took the d6 average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tar Palantir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    The Reaper, finally freed of the hated light, decides to prove his repentence rather than just talk about it. Calling upon the powers which have grown all too familiar to him, he vanishes into the shadows and jumps to a darkened alley across the street from the sole window of the room. The sun has crawled beyond the horizon, and night has come. Tireless and well rested from his stay in the hospital, he decides to scour the city for any trace of the girl's killer. A suspicion has already begun to grow in his mind, that perhaps the doctor was somehow involved. Her eyes were the eyes of a killer, eyes the Reaper knew all too well. He had had those same eyes, back when he was an ordinary assassin named...named...what was his name before? He couldn't recall. The more he tried to grasp his memories, the more they began to fade. Soon all that was left was what had happened after the accident, and the faces, the faces of all those he had killed. He knew that he had killed them, but beyond that, he could remember nothing.

    He did, however, remember his promise to Bolt. He began to patrol the city, looking for any sign of her killer. Eventually he detects some activity down a dark alley, and moves in to investigate. Three thugs are surrounding a skinny, young teenager, who is backed up against a wall, looking extremely frightened. One of the thugs says, "We know you're one of them. Don't bother lying about it. Well, we'll show you what we do to freaks." He is holding a lead pipe, and the thugs on his left and right are wielding a switchblade and pair of brass knuckles, respectively. They begin to close in.

    Deciding to end this before it got out of hand, the Reaper emerges from the shadows immediately behind the apparent leader, putting his claw through the thug's back. He then says, "I prefer freaks to criminals."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack - (1d20+9)[24]
    Crit - (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage - (1d8+1)[5]
    SneakAttack - (2d6)[8]
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

    Current Characters:

    Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Nosferatu

    "Why would I think you drink blood? What's a Nosfortytwo anyways? Oh wait, a vampire? Dude, that's cool. And dude, like why are you asking me what my powers are? My name is Inferno, I'm shooting jets of flame to fly, and oh yeah, I"M ON FIRE! And unlike everyone else, I got my powers from box of Cracker Jack's. Geez, man. I could draw you a picture but that would just complicate things. Yeesh.

    'They' is basically the other costumed guys that stopped the Reaper. We were talking with the Mayor after words, and they got tired of calling me 'you' or 'fire guy' because I hadn't come up with a name yet, and I wasn't going to give them my real one; so one of them called me Inferno, and it stuck.

    Umm, nothing personal dude, but I'm like heading home, and I want to keep it like secret, and having a vampire follow me home is just kinda weird. So unless there's anything else..."


    Judith

    When you speak up, the boozer immediately stops. He stands straight up, and turns around to look at you, and unless your eyes deceive you, steam starting rising from his body. As his eyes lock onto yours he says "This is far enough. So missy.... are you going to explain why you're snooping around Balchem? Oh and try not to lie." You are honestly not entirely sure if this guy is threatening you or not.

    Legion

    {Too many clones. Okay, just to double check. You went into the stall, created a Dupe, waiting a moment, sent the dupe out to the van, and did some preparations, while the original waiting in the stall with the lights off, correct? If that's not the case, ignore the below}

    After about 20 minutes, you hear the door open, followed by someone saying "Fricken boozer." before flipping on the lights. You hear a few footsteps, the unzipping of a fly, and the sound of someone relieving themselves at the urinal opposite the stalls.

    In the van, you don't figure out the meaning of life, I'm sorry.

    Tasha

    Goodnight.

    Joe/ The Reaper?

    Okay, you heal 8 damage.

    {I'm not sure if this is the same group that The Reaper goes after, but I'm pretty sure it is, so...

    The initiative order is:
    Joe
    Reaper
    Mook 3
    Mook 2
    Mook 1}

    After Joe does his whole glowy hand trick, a dark and sinister, and also familiar voice comes from the darkness. The gang jumps with fright, and it's a good thing too, otherwise the Reaper would have harvested a few organs, now he only got 1. The leader lets out a scream of pain, from his fresh wound. "Kill the freaks! Both of them!"

    The guy with the bat tries to clock the Reaper, but the Reaper is a little too quick for him, and evades the blow.
    The guy with brass knuckles considers for a moment before deciding to pop the more visible target of Joe, and knocks Joe's teeth in (12 damage).
    Finally, the guy with the switchblade tries to gank Reaper for revenge, but misses his mark.


  26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Tar Palantir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    The Reaper

    His blood beginning to boil, the Reaper begins to feel a presence rise up within him, the killer instinct which had guided his hand to commit the murders of his past. With a mental effort, he drove it back, shouting at it in his mind, "I am not an animal!" Forcing his attention back to the scene at hand, he slashed at the thug attacking Joe, filling his mind with whispers of unspeakable fear. He then says to Joe, "Still can't handle things by yourself, I see. This time, I'm more of a man than I was before, and less of an animal."

    Spoiler
    Show

    I have my fear power as a touch activated power, so I assume it activates when I attack with my claws, as it activates automatically whenever I touch anyone. 3PP if I hit, then. DC18 Will save.

    Attack - (1d20+9)[28]
    Crit - (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage - (1d8+1)[2]
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

    Current Characters:

    Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The_Snark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Judith

    Judith returns his look warily; the bad feeling isn't just her own paranoia anymore. "Why I'm snooping around? You're the one who brought me here, mister; I went along with it because I was curious." She notes the accent has vanished completely, along with the symptoms of drunkenness. Well, d*mn... was he ever really drunk? And... steam? This could be bad. "So... while we're asking questions, you mind telling me what's going on here?"
    Avatar by Ifni. Thanks!

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PlasticSoldier's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Right below TPAM
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    (Yep the original is in the bathroom and my only dupe is sitting in the van.)
    (Also, I'm assuming that I get a surprise round.)

    Orig. slowly gets down, slowly opens the stalldoor, and slowly walks up to a urinal next to the man, Quickly bringing his gun up to the man's head and saying "If you perform any actions I do not explicitly tell you you will die. That includes looking at me or talking. If at any point the other guards become aware of me you will die. If you make any attempt to notify the guards you will die. Continue peeing and breathing. Excluding what I just said do not perform any actions until I have finished instructing you. Remove one hand from yourself. Unfasten the holster strap on your gun. Holding the gun by the barrel hold it up. Hand me your gun. List all identification necessary for your job. Hand me all identification necessary for your job. Hand me the keys that open the Safety deposit door and if neccessary any keys necessary for the Deposit boxes themselves. If you have any other keys list them and hand me them as well. When you are finished with all of these actions flush the toilet and put your hands against the wall. You may ask me one question. You may now begin." When the guards hands Orig the keys, and ID he pockets them. When he is handed the gun he sets it on the top of a urinal the guard isn't using.

    Spoiler
    Show
    MoveSilent - (1d20+2)[17]Intimidate - (1d20+23)[37]
    If necessary Initiative - (1d20-2)[15]

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zimmia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the prison of my mind
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Talia

    After a heavy night out on the town, Talia didn’t wake up until late afternoon, sitting straight up in bed and running into the bathroom. She drank a glass of water and furrowed her brow in concentration before realizing that in fact she didn’t have a headache. ‘It’s a miracle considering how much I drank,’ she thought as she made her way to the kitchen rubbing her eyes paying no attention to the booby-trap of a laundry pile one of her roommates had left in the hall.

    She grabbed a pot and shoveled a number of cheese and mushroom ravioli into it and covered it with a jar of spaghetti sauce and shredded cheese, covering it and throwing it in the oven. Switching the oven on to a medium high heat, Talia sighed. “Now I have to wait an hour. I wish I didn’t have to.” The kitchen blurred slightly and as she was wondering about a delayed hangover reaction it came back into focus. The timer on the stove dinged and she stared at the oven. “It can’t be,” she said confusedly and then reached for the oven door and was greeted by a wave of heat and wafting aroma. 'What the...' she thought as she used a towel to take the food out of the oven.

    After dumping it in a large bowl with “Talia’s Pasta” in bold lettering on the rim she took a large fork and plopped down in front of the TV. Coverage of the days events was still in full swing as she took it all in with a certain amount of disbelief. In the dim haze of her alcoholic stupor she seemed to remember a huge crash but by that time she had been trying to hail a taxi to take home and hadn’t bothered to investigate. “You’ve got to be kidding me, mutation? Super powers? Oh no… Oh wow!” she said in a rush before setting down the bowl of pasta again. ‘Lessee it’s 5pm now – what if I wanted it to be 8pm?’ she thought. The living room began to blur the same as the kitchen had and when everything became focused again the clock on the cable box read 8:03pm.

    No freakin’ way,” she said with a giggle. “I wonder if it works the other way too – if it does I’ll never be late again!” Try as she might however she could ‘skip’ backwards. “Knew it couldn’t be the answer to ALL my problems,” she said with a grin.

    Just then her roommate came around the corner carrying the towering basket of what must have been at least 10 days’ laundry. ‘It’d be pretty funny if she were to lose her balance,’ she thought as she watched her. No sooner had the thought crossed her mind then the roommate’s foot caught on the edge of the rug and she stumbled forward, her arms swinging out to her sides to catch her fall and the laundry became a snowfall as it went everywhere. Val hit the floor with a solid ‘thump’ and to add insult to injury the plastic laundry tub landed on her ankle.

    Oh my gosh are you okay,” Talia said as she rushed to her aid while her mind spun with the possibility she might have contributed to her fall but brushing it off as coincidence. Her roommate grumbled and stood, wincing when she took a step. “You’ve twisted your ankle,” Talia observed with the confidence of a professional. “Get over to the sofa and I’ll grab an ice pack.”

    Handing Val the ice pack wrapped in a towel Talia then picked up all the dirty laundry and piled it in the tub again. ‘It’s almost like watching a video of myself,’ she thought regarding her roommate and her accident although the unacknowledged thought that she had caused the accident was still roaming her brain.

    As a test, Talia opened the front door. Her pesky neighbor, Mr King was out walking his little yappy rat-dog. With a little smirk her brow furrowed in concentration. The little rat-dog got excited about something and ran around and around his master until Mr King was quite tangled up in the leash. He wobbled and was about to fall when Talia muttered “No, don’t hurt yourself on our sidewalk you old codger.”. Mr King managed to regain his balance and scolded the rat-dog while he untangled himself, then they walked back to his house.

    Talia’s roommate had hobbled back to her room by the time Talia closed the door. She sat down and listened to the news highlights from the day including the press conference with the attack on the mayor, the arrival of other ‘supers’ and the speech by that ‘man’ dude, not being sure what to make of it all. Certainly it would be necessary to try and organize those who had been effected but she had reservations about a public registry by a government agency. “I think this thing is going to need grass roots movement,” she decided. “I also think that anominity will be a very good thing here.” She stood and went to her room, rummaging through her closet for some time, picking out black leggings, a black long sleeve shirt and a hunter green and white flared skirt that used to be a part of a cheerleaders Halloween costume. She put all of these on and looked at herself in the mirror, adding a pair of large ‘diva’ sunglasses and finally wound a green and white striped muffler around her neck. ‘It’ll do until I can get something better,’ she thought with a grin and then stripped off those clothes and hid them in her backpack.

    She made her way back to the living room where her neglected bowl of pasta was congealing nicely. She picked it up in order to carry it to the microwave then thought ‘I wonder?’ Concentrate as she might however, she couldn’t make the bowl heat up. After she slopped it in the microwave and was waiting for it to finish she thought that it was just as well that she couldn’t heat stuff since it would have probably burned her fingers off anyway.

    Mindful of the whole heat thing, she carried the bowl back to the sofa where she picked up her mega fork and ate the ravioli all the while staying glued to the news. “This is bound to get interesting,” she thought.

    Rest of the night: Watch TV, maybe go online to see what I can find. Oh and come up with a 'cover' name slightly mangling a musical term to arrive at "Tempa Caesura" or 'time stop'. She's not planning to leave the house until morning.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Powers used:
    Temport 1 hr (cost 1pp)
    Temport 2 hrs (cost 2pp)
    Cause 1d6 accident (roommate) Damage: 3, Reflex DC18 for no damange (cost 1pp)
    Raise probability as many points as needed to fail her save if necessary (cost 1pp per 5%)
    Cause 1d6 accident (Mr Winters) Reflex DC18 for no damage
    Raise probability as many points as needed to make his save (cost 1pp per 5%)
    Last edited by Zimmia; 2007-11-14 at 07:54 PM.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

    I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A New Chance

    Reaper/ Joe

    Your claws tear into his flesh, and a look of terror crosses his flesh, but he does not fall.

    Judith

    He continues staring you down for a moment, before cracking a smile. "Good, you've got guts. We can continue now. Sorry for all of the sneakiness and dragging you all the way out here. But we can talk freely here.

    My name is Dr. David Nerros, and up until last night I was the Director of Internal Affairs at Balchem. However, last night I was caught in the explosion I was trying to prevent. Now, however, Balchem is trying to cover everything up, including my disappearance. I was only recently hired to that position when I was hired outside the company, and I have yet to make a public appearance, so only a handful of people even know what I look like, and they have most likely been replaced as well.

    So at this point you may be wondering why I brought you, of all people, here. It is because you, like me, were in that blast night, and I need help. I can't step out in the sun anymore because of what the blast did to me. The bar you found me in was the first building I could get into once I made that little discovery. I had to keep drinking otherwise it would look suspicious for being in there all day.

    So I basically need you to dig up dirt on Balchem for me because I can't step outside in the sunlight. Will you help me?"


    Legion

    {Congrats, you literally caught a man with his pants down.}
    After letting out a gasp of surprise, the guy remains deadly silent as you administer your instructions. He hands you his gun in the manner you request. He says "My name is Jeffery Rose Demains, 3rd Sergeant of Troop E of the Rainport PD, a subdivision of the Police department responsible for private security. My badge number is 3524." He hands you his wallet with all of his identification in it (and $52.31) and his badge. "I do not have the key for the safety deposit area, only the bank president does, there are no other copies. I do however have a key to every other door in the bank, including all offices, and the key to the security room. However, the only way to access the security room is from the Safety Deposit area. Here are all the keys I have." He hands you a ring of like 12-18 keys. He flushes the toilet and places his hands on the wall "Can I at least zip my fly?"

    Talia

    {I thought you were going to have the dog run into the road or something }

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •