New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Possible - DARK - scenario? (Possible spoilers!)

Something that's been eating at me this afternoon...

A lot of folks (me included) have presumed that Haley and Belkar are going to be found to have been captured by Team Evil, and (also me included) that might offer his services in exchange for Mark of Justice removal.

This would leave at the tender mercies of . Now for the dark speculation...what if this results in her suffering some sort of psychotic break with her borderline personalities (as seen in her can't-speak-straight episode)...which results in taking over? And offering to work for ???

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Possible - DARK - scenario? (Possible spoilers!)

You do know that spoilers here means speculation?

I don't know, seems unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Something that's been eating at me this afternoon...

A lot of folks (me included) have presumed that Haley and Belkar are going to be found to have been captured by Team Evil, and (also me included) that might offer his services in exchange for Mark of Justice removal.

This would leave at the tender mercies of . Now for the dark speculation...what if this results in her suffering some sort of psychotic break with her borderline personalities (as seen in her can't-speak-straight episode)...which results in taking over? And offering to work for ???
    Not sure if she would either way, as her angsty-version isn't evil, just very dark
    -Ex Chaos Adveho Ordo-
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerkid View Post
    I don't join groups i just play with myself.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

i think belkar may be caught, maybe (though not so much caught as "being conveniently drawn to an area where he can cause slaughter and mayhem on a grander scale"). but haley? never, she's just too smart to stay caught even if she is they somehow manage to catch her.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    You do know that spoilers here means speculation?
    Er...your point?

Quote Originally Posted by †Seer† View Post
    Not sure if she would either way, as her angsty-version isn't evil, just very dark
    And might decide that "working with him is icky and awful, but might keep me/us alive...after all, I'm not worth anything anyway".

Not that I expect this to happen - or want it to, being a fan of - but like the it chewed its way out.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

I dpn't think she would end up working for Team Evil. Here is my speculation.

However, I think will get captured and, under a hellish coctail of magic and torture (physical and mental) by will give away many secrets about her friends, which will result in some disaster for Elan-Durkon-Vassaurius (sp?) or AC forces, about which would make sure to notify her. That will lead to her nervous breakdown.

Then, she somehow ends up rescued, rejoins the OotS, but there will be very uncomfortable atmosphere: she believes that she betrayed them (by giving away info). Elan, shaken by Haley's despair, believes that they betrayed her (by abandoning her). Even though neither side was really at fault.

However, my prediction, if followed to the letter, is very, verry dark...

As for Belkar, I expect him to go down taking a lot of hobos with him once they attempt to arrest him (possibly due to MoJ). He will be rezzed along with Roy.
    Last edited by NikkTheTrick; 2007-10-29 at 10:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

And might decide that "working with him is icky and awful, but might keep me/us alive...after all, I'm not worth anything anyway".
    Ahh good point! Never thought of it like that ^^ *signs up for this scenario*
    -Ex Chaos Adveho Ordo-
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerkid View Post
    I don't join groups i just play with myself.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NikkTheTrick View Post
    As for Belkar, I expect him to go down taking a lot of hobos with him once they attempt to arrest him (possibly due to MoJ). He will be rezzed along with Roy.
    Will he? I don't think anyone in his right mind would want to resurrect Belkar
    :D

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... Haley and Belkar get captured. Now that does fit ideas of mine, that all of the party will be in trouble and Roy will be coming to their rescue. So that will work with Haley & Belkar being prisoners.

But no, I doubt Haley will break and start spilling secrets. For one thing, she doesn't really know any of interest to Redcloak. Xykon & Redcloak want to know about the next gate, and she has only a vague idea about where it is. They likely know more than she does. About all she can tell them is that the paladins don't know anything, which would merely mean they lose interest in the city and sail away.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by WoDHells View Post
    Will he? I don't think anyone in his right mind would want to resurrect Belkar
    :D
    As Belkar said before, Durkon is a good-hearted sucker who would resurrect him. Vaarsuvius did not argue against that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Argall View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... Haley and Belkar get captured. Now that does fit ideas of mine, that all of the party will be in trouble and Roy will be coming to their rescue. So that will work with Haley & Belkar being prisoners.

But no, I doubt Haley will break and start spilling secrets. For one thing, she doesn't really know any of interest to Redcloak. Xykon & Redcloak want to know about the next gate, and she has only a vague idea about where it is. They likely know more than she does. About all she can tell them is that the paladins don't know anything, which would merely mean they lose interest in the city and sail away.
    Haley knows that they know that Xylon will attack Gillard's gate first since that's what the oracle said. That is a very important piece of information.

Haley also knows about situation with Saphire Guard -- Asurian Nobles conflict, which Redcloak will really want to know about so that he can complete annihilation of order. Death of the last Saphire Guard paladins will certianly be pleasant for him.

OOtS is the strongest group opposing Redcloak and Xylon. Redcloak will certainly want to interrogate Haley given the chance. And I doubt he will be too gentle in the process... Besides, interrogating captured enemies for every possible piece of information is always a good idea. In worst case, they will die without telling anything useful. For an evil character that would be just a fun experience.
    Last edited by NikkTheTrick; 2007-10-30 at 01:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Haley knows that they know that Xylon will attack Gillard's gate first since that's what the oracle said. That is a very important piece of information.
    I don't think that information is important, they're attacking it anyway and I don't think the order of the gates will change anything.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Migodnar View Post
    I don't think that information is important, they're attacking it anyway and I don't think the order of the gates will change anything.
    But the fact that OotS is fully aware of it being a target is valuable information. Meeting the good guys there will not surprize Team Evil.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

There's a possible fly in that ointment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roy's question, designed to avoid a repeat of the Oracle's...overly precise...previousl answer, was would pass with in (1000 yards?) of which gate. It's entirely possible that he'd pass within that radius of Girard's Gate on the way to the other one (Serini's, IIRC)...maybe even on purpose, if he knows the Order is expecting him at Girard's.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14

There's a possible fly in that ointment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roy's question, designed to avoid a repeat of the Oracle's...overly precise...previousl answer, was would pass with in (1000 yards?) of which gate. It's entirely possible that he'd pass within that radius of Girard's Gate on the way to the other one (Serini's, IIRC)...maybe even on purpose, if he knows the Order is expecting him at Girard's.
    In which case getting information about Oracle's prophecy is especially important. And more reason for Haley to rather die than surrender

Although 1000 yards is a close range. Less than a kilometer. Hard to pass accidentially.
    Last edited by NikkTheTrick; 2007-10-30 at 08:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

In which case getting information about Oracle's prophecy is especially important. And more reason for Haley to rather die than surrender

Although 1000 yards is a close range. Less than a kilometer. Hard to pass accidentially.
    That's true. And it would be impossible if this were any other gate. But this one is behind a bunch of illusions, so it might not be so unlikely for them to walk right by it without noticing.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    That's true. And it would be impossible if this were any other gate. But this one is behind a bunch of illusions, so it might not be so unlikely for them to walk right by it without noticing.
    But I doubt they'll give up on it easily. In fact, I suspect it will be destroyed, resulting in a final battle at the last gate (filled with toughest monsters) where everything will be at stake.

And I doubt they would pass accidentially: the gate is located in desert on another continent. Someone coming within 1 kilometer will be looking for the gate.
    Last edited by NikkTheTrick; 2007-10-30 at 09:43 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

It isn't like Redcloak would even need to interrogate Haley. It would be easier to kill her, then Speak With Dead.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    It isn't like Redcloak would even need to interrogate Haley. It would be easier to kill her, then Speak With Dead.
    But that would be less fun. Remember, they are the bad guys. Although we don't know how much he hates OotS...

Then again, probably we should stop with giving burials to Haley. At least for now...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

I think maybe they pretend that they join to Xykon becuase they know they not have a chance to survive alone, if it true so the question is what did they do with Roy's body?
    Last edited by Roy Tamir; 2007-10-30 at 12:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Planetar

But the fact that OotS is fully aware of it being a target is valuable information. Meeting the good guys there will not surprize Team Evil.
    They have an army of hobgoblins, a bunch of high level characters wouldn't stand as a threat (hope I typed right)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

But the lich doesn't care if they know it.

Haley also knows about situation with Saphire Guard -- Asurian Nobles conflict, which Redcloak will really want to know about so that he can complete annihilation of order. Death of the last Saphire Guard paladins will certianly be pleasant for him.
    Redcloak is not the boss here. Apparently he has convinced Xykon to kick back awhile until he can do some research, but the plan is to leave the city and soon. Redcloak is not going to get the time off to chase down the last of the paladins.
    Now one piece of information he might want is that the humans have a lot of ships, and the lich will want to take his army with him. So that information could have consequences.

OOtS is the strongest group opposing Redcloak and Xylon.
    And Xykon's reaction is likely to be "Who?", followed by a yawn. He just does not consider the OOTS a threat, with pretty good reason.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think you're all giving way to much credit to how much of a damn Xykon gives about the OOTS.

He can't even remember Roy's name. Why would he bother torturing some redhead he found in his city? He'd just zap her and be done with it. Same goes for Belkar, he probably thinks halflings are icky or something. He'd just off them and move on. They don't know anything he needs to know and don't really offer anything he needs either.

I mean, sure, Belkar takes down tons of hobgobs, but Xykon took down tons of paladins and ghost-martyrs. He dosn't need extra muscle.
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

23. - Top - End - #23

Xylon might not give a damn, but Redcloak does. After the near death experience and being saved by Miko, he will make sure they are well prepared for the next gate. Redcloak's proclaimed goal is obtaining information. Interrogating a powerful adventurer would not be a waste of time in his pursuit.

Xylon may be the leader, but Redcloak is the brain.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Xylon might not give a damn, but Redcloak does. After the near death experience and being saved by Miko, he will make sure they are well prepared for the next gate. Redcloak's proclaimed goal is obtaining information. Interrogating a powerful adventurer would not be a waste of time in his pursuit.

Xylon may be the leader, but Redcloak is the brain.
    Yes, but if he does need info, he would use Speak With Dead. As you said, Redcloak is the brain, and he wouldn't be dumb enough to figure that because he tortured someone they'll be on his side.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

No, the Oracle said that he'd be "Within 1000 miles of Gillard's Gate, first". That prophecy is fulfilled. Azure City was attacked, so we can infer it was within the 1000 miles.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

No, the Oracle said that he'd be "Within 1000 miles of Gillard's Gate, first". That prophecy is fulfilled. Azure City was attacked, so we can infer it was within the 1000 miles.
    Actually, Roy's question was about which of the other two gates Xykon would be within 1000 FEET of first, to which the Oracle eventually replied "Girard's". So that doesn't work.

27. - Top - End - #27

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by David Argall View Post
    But the lich doesn't care if they know it.

And Xykon's reaction is likely to be "Who?", followed by a yawn. He just does not consider the OOTS a threat, with pretty good reason.
    I think so too =P

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daimbert View Post
    Actually, Roy's question was about which of the other two gates Xykon would be within 1000 FEET of first, to which the Oracle eventually replied "Girard's". So that doesn't work.
    Good point.

Predictions (Not necessarily for Strip# 500):
    Belkar will not join Xykon for fear of becoming an NPC.
    Haley will multiclass.
    Roy will be rezzed, and lower level.
    Elan will use more Monkey Island Swordfighting Insults (I've Got A Tip For You, Get My Point?)
    V will have nothing quite significant in the near future, unless she dies.
    Durkon will have an anxiety attack about wood, particularly, The Junk.

29. - Top - End - #29

I doubt Haley would multiclass. Who would she multiclass into? a fighter? one level won't make a difference. if anything, she needs to be a better rouge for hiding.
    Last edited by NikkTheTrick; 2007-10-30 at 09:08 PM.