New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Isoria's Legacy

1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Isoria's Legacy

"Perhaps we should continue this discussion in the brig. It might be useless, but maybe we can get something useful out of her once she's secure."

Spoiler
    Show
    Octavian rolls spellcraft to realize that Ambrosius didn't really cast detect magic just now.
    Spellcraft: (1d20+1)[20]

Case 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Octavian realizes that Ambrosius is faking it. He doesn't say anything or give Ambrosius away, but he does cast Detect Magic himself. Then proceed to Case 2.

Case 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Octavian does not realize Ambrosius is faking it. He (and presumably the rest of the party) proceed to the brig. Once the shipwrecked woman is securely locked up. He casts Cure Light Wounds on her through the bars.
    Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+5)[10]

After the woman was locked up in the brig, Octavian cast Cure Light Wounds on her through the bars and said "There now, try to calm down and tell us what happened to you. What is your name?"
    Last edited by Lord Zod; 2008-02-18 at 05:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zod View Post
    "Perhaps we should continue this discussion in the brig. It might be useless, but maybe we can get something useful out of her once she's secure."

Spoiler
    Show
    Octavian rolls spellcraft to realize that Ambrosius didn't really cast detect magic just now.
    Spellcraft: [roll0]

Case 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Octavian realizes that Ambrosius is faking it. He doesn't say anything or give Ambrosius away, but he does cast Detect Magic himself. Then proceed to Case 2.

Case 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Octavian does not realize Ambrosius is faking it. He (and presumably the rest of the party) proceed to the brig. Once the shipwrecked woman is securely locked up. He casts Cure Light Wounds on her through the bars.
    Cure Light Wounds: [roll1]

Captain Tybaut agreed, and they moved the unidentified woman down to the brig and locked her in. She periodically attempted to attack someone, but then calmed down and went back to either rambling, staring at nothing, or attempting to wander around.

Spoiler
    Show

Octavian actually realizes Ambrosius is probably casting Detect Magic through his eyeglass. You don't actually have the capacity to check that he's telling the truth, obviously, but it's a safe assumption. Do you want to cast Detect Magic anways?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zod View Post
    After the woman was locked up in the brig, Octavian cast Cure Light Wounds on her through the bars and said "There now, try to calm down and tell us what happened to you. What is your name?"
    The spell healed her wounds, but she didn't acknowledge Octavian.

"Yellow burning FISH. June 14th came and went to Sarland Island. Have you seen the names of the grapes written on the wall? They spilled over onto the names of the saints. The rain in Selanne runs mostly down the drain. I've never seen or heard anything like that before."
    Avatar: Baron Blood by Uncle Festy.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

Khronik trained his finely honed senses on the shipwreck, to learn what he could.

Tech:
    Spoiler
    Show

Listen: (1d20+12)[13]
    Search: (1d20+13)[30]
    Spot: (1d20+12)[31]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+8)[19]

Kronik remains HiPSed

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Khronik ascertains the following information:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. She's very badly hurt. Most of the blood on her is not hers, but a significant amount is. Even after Octavian's healing spell, she's got a number of wounds.

2. She is actually crazy, not faking it, as far as Khronik can tell.

3. She's not speaking with an accent; she's probably native to Lorm.

4. Khronik thinks she actually might be pretty if she were cleaned up and fully healed.
    Avatar: Baron Blood by Uncle Festy.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: No, that's okay, I'll take his word for it. I was just confused because he announced his intention to use Detect Magic and the spell's results in the same post, so I thought "What is he up to? I better play along in front of the npcs, but someone ought to actually cast Detect Magic."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

After Octavian used his magic, Wolfram motioned to the rest of the Sentinels to come over so that they could quietly confer, preferably without anyone else hearing, while still being able to keep an eye on the woman. Speaking barely above a whisper, Wolfram stated, "This woman is evil. Her aura is faint, but it is still there. We should be cautious in how we deal with her. At the very least, we should keep a careful watch to make sure any allies she may have do not surprise us. Or, as the case may be, any rivals that would still wish us harm. What should we do with her?" At that, Wolfram stopped and waited for the others to respond.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Halfling in the Playground

"Didn't your mother tell you what to do with strange women?"

Kronik pantomimed a collar, whip and leash.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

All while remaining HiPSed, you figure it out

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Evil? Either good or evil, she is going to be confused at least until we get to port. I do have an idea that would make things easier. Aurelia could possess her. Not only would we get a rough idea of her physical strength, we would also wouldn't have to worry about keeping us safe from her. Also Aurelia is quite the actress." Ambrosius suggested in a whisper.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wolfram after waiting several minutes after Ambrosius' proposal, stated, "Hmm, Octavian and Pauline seem to be quiet on the issue. Well, Ambrosius, I am not sure how comfortable I am with possessing people, but considering the circumstances, it seems like the best option. Well, you are the leader anyway, so I guess it is ultimately your decision. As long as we do not abuse this, it shouldn't be too unethical." Wolfram then turned to Octavian, and said "Well, what do you think? Am I right?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Hmm... Yes. This is a difficult issue for me. It seems to me that depriving another intelligent being of their free will is one of the greatest crimes one can commit. Worse perhaps than murder.

However, there are extenuating circumstances. She's not using her free will right now anyway, so she might as well serve as a body-donor for Ambrosious's unfortunate corporeally-challenged companion. And she IS evil...

I say do it."