New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kagegakure; Team 5 [IC Thread]

Sanma

"Ouch!"

Lani-sensei doesn't know her own strength... It's a wonder I didn't lose my footing here! The Genin starts rubbing the back of his head slowly, muttering a small "Hai!"

Sanma opens wide eyes. A "C" rank?! He felt excited and nervous at the same time. He remembered the first time he got the mission from Lani. His face becomes more serious.

Then, suddenly, the man simply says: "Catch"

Sanma's eye twitches as he spots the scroll, extending his body towards it, leaning slowly, his hands getting there, then his sandals give way, he slips, and crashes onto the floor clumsily.

His face then turns very, very, very red. Probably somewhere in between embarrassment and annoyance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex to caaaatch the scroll ! (1d20+3=6)

That's it, my reputation is definitely destroyed!!!
    A Revenant

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Toshio

The bandaged genin chokes on his own breath as Sanma blatantly mutters out his admiration for Ihesamo. Real funny Sanma...Your on my list now, right after Moko. For once Toshio voluntarily rolls his eyes for his teammate's outburst. His attention draws back to Ihesamo who suddenly addressed Toshio.

He remembers... Toshio scratches his hair and gives a weak smile. "Correct Ihesamo-sama...Nice to see you again..." The genin quickly tightened his lips shut knowing any more words would be disrespectful. He was only one of the lowliest ninjas in Kagegakure; it was a miracle he said anything to Ihesamo. Toshio's expression changes to amazement as they are given a C-rank mission. This is our chance to prove ourselves to this village! We have to succeed no matter the cost.

His Katsugan catches the sight of the scroll flying through the air. The eyes also caught Sanma's horrible stance. The outcome was clear as day. Serves the loud-mouth right...

3. - Top - End - #273

"Ugggghhh." Ichimaru groaned at the discovery of their next mission. A C-rank mission...

The blind genin shook away his little outburst, though, and went back into his bow, prostrating himself before the noble. Not budging from his position, he said to Sanma, "Uh- What does it say?"
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

4. - Top - End - #274

Sanma

Picking up the scroll and opening it, Sanma coughs, clears his throat and reads.
    A Revenant

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

"Nyah~" Ihesamo simply laughs, but Lani seems particularly embarrassed that Sanma failed to catch his scroll. She quietly steps forward and bows to Ihesamo before ushering the genin out quickly. "Good-bye, Ihesamo-dono."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-03-16 at 01:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276

Sanma

"Sorry, tora-sensei."

Walking out, the scroll in his hands, he closes it after reading it once more. He stops, then looks at Toshio with a serious look on his face. "Toshio-san?" He says, his eyes dropping to the ground.

"Gomenasai Toshio-san. I figured you wouldn't dare say anything. And I didn't think it fair for him not to acknowledge you, not when you look up to him the way you told us just a few moments ago. It's why I spoke aloud, and why I decided to be a loud mouth."

He breathes deeply and sighs. The amber eyes turn slightly, looking at Toshio's Katsugan.

"When you want to be acknowledged by someone, you have to earn it, right? That's what they say all the time. I remember my parents telling me something along those lines."

He smiles at Toshio in a friendly manner. "Well..."

"But respect, you also earn it through other people. Your friends, Sanma." The voice came from deep inside him, like a distant memory.

He looks at Toshio with a dead serious look.

"... I respect you, Toshio-san." And as he says so, he gives a bow, handing him the scroll.

"And even though it's my own way, I'll strive so that people treat you with respect."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-16 at 02:16 AM.
    A Revenant

7. - Top - End - #277

Toshio

The genin gives a little sigh as they walk out from the chamber and stares back at Sanma with a penetrating gaze. "Don't worry about it Samna-san, you only shocked me that's all. I wasn't expecting to meet Ihesamo-sama so soon." The linen-covered ninja gives a reassuring smile to his comrade. For once Toshio was being acknowledge not as Miira, but as a respected shinobi.

"Thank-you Sanma-san," he says as he grasps for the scroll. Opening it, Toshio's Katsugan quickly summed up the writing. The genin turns around and is ready to hand it to Ichimaru, but realizes what he was about to do and turned back to Lani. "Here you go Tora-sensei." He presents the mission scroll to her and falls back with the other genin of Team 5. He waits for their sensei's next plan of action.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

"Thank you, Toshio, for finally realizing that we can't get on with this mission without that scroll.." She coughs, then rolls it open. "It seems we have to witness a prisoner exchange, but we cannot get involved with the exchange. It sounds easily enough, but one of these organizations is a rather prominent front for gangsters.."

Lani shrugs, rolls up the scroll, and tucks it into her belt pouch. "Ah well! Everyone, I need you to go get some camping equipment and meet me at the south gate. We'll be gone for quite some time on this mission."

9. - Top - End - #279

Toshio

Gangsters...I wonder how this will turn out.

Toshio walks outside the administrative office and waits for the rest of Team 5 to catch up. He watches as Lani heads down a couple of streets to what he assumed would be where the camping equipment was located. "Just to let you guys know...I really hate camping," Toshio mutters to his teammates. "Not that I hate outdoors, but it's so easy to get lost in the middle of nowhere."

The bandage-bound genin sits Indian style off in patch of dirt and pulls out what was left of his old linen roll. He cleans up the spot where the rat was gnawing on that morning and wraps it up tightly with the medically treated bandages. "Anyone else a little nervous with going on a camping trip with Tora-sensei?"

10. - Top - End - #280

Sanma

"Well, if we're just witnessing, then it should be alright? There's a bit of a risk, but if we manage to stay hidden well enough..." He trails off. He wasn't so sure of that, really. He just hoped for the best. Sanma looks at his Tora-sensei as she tells them to get camping gear. He felt a slight shiver run down his spine. Hopefully he wouldn't wake up to a bloody heap of corpses in the morning.

"Just to let you guys know...I really hate camping," Toshio mutters to his teammates. "Not that I hate outdoors, but it's so easy to get lost in the middle of nowhere."

"Well, we'll just have to stay together. And we have tora-sensei! What's the worst that could happen?" Sanma says, always fairly optimistic.

"Anyone else a little nervous with going on a camping trip with Tora-sensei?"

"Huh, Toshio-san? I'm sure we're all really nervous, and personally, I don't like the idea, but she asked us to go get camping gear?"

He offers a hand to help him up, ready to head towards the marketplace with both his teammates.
    A Revenant

11. - Top - End - #281

Ichimaru sighed. "This can only go wrong about a million different ways." He mumbled.

The blind genin scratched his head, "Uhh. Logs and rocks don't really...make alot of noise." He said, smiling insecurely, "It's a little hard to find my way around them..."
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

"Don't worry, Ichimaru, I'll help you when we travel. Is everyone clear on what you need? You'll need a bedroll, a tent, fire-starting material, water, rations, and probably soldier pills since this meeting is going to take place during the night. Once you have everything, meet at the south gate at six PM tonight. Alright! Dismissed!"

Lani claps when she says dismissed, then disappears in a burst of smoke that accompanies most shunshin teleportations.

13. - Top - End - #283

Sanma

"Well, let's go Ichi-kun, Toshio-san"

The genin starts walking to the marketplace whether the other two join him or not. Then attempts to find the camping gear mentioned by Lani-sensei at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-20 at 05:40 PM.
    A Revenant

14. - Top - End - #284

The blind genin sighed, shaking his head. Nevertheless, he followed Sanma. What choice did he have, really?
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

15. - Top - End - #285

Toshio

With one last wrap, Toshio stands up from his sitting position and sighs as Lani disappears from sight. I don't want to go the market place alone...At least this time I got Ichimaru and Sanma to accompany me. Maybe I can find a map of Kagegakure for when we come back... A wide grin stretches his newly placed bandages on his face as he thinks of never being lost again.

"So what do you think we'll need to buy? Tora-sensei didn't allude to how long we would be outside in the wilderness," the bandaged genin takes a moment to think, "Sleeping bags, food, and clean water are going to be the most important things to buy...Sanma-san do you have any other suggestions?"

Toshio looks to his blind friend and asks, "Is there anything your going to need in addition, Ichimaru-kun?" There goes our money we just got...

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay guys, sudden spring snowfall= fallen down trees which equates to loss of cable. That and a busy Easter holiday slowed me down to a crawl.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Genin

The camping equipment is rather easy to get a hold of, and everyone is able to get some at a very good bargain. Everyone has about two hours to burn before it's six P.M.

Spoiler
    Show
    The camping equipment per genin: 1 bedroll, 1 lantern, 2 jugs of clean water, 3 days worth of food, one collapsing tent.

Cost: -1 wealth bonus.

You've got time to burn, so what do you do?

17. - Top - End - #287

Sanma

"Well, I don't know about you people, but I'm going to train a bit. You never know!"

He carries all his equipment with him and heads for the other end of the training grounds. There, he seems to continue mastering his stone shuriken technique, making them snap out of rocks around a target and learning to use blindspots. He seems to control them better as well as being able to perform the technique in an easier fashion.

Once it's time to go, he simply grabs all his equipment and meets with the other genin at 6 at the city gates.

A Revenant

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The camping equipment per genin: 1 bedroll, 1 lantern, 2 jugs of clean water, 3 days worth of food, one collapsing tent. Plus backpacks... nobody goes anywhere in Naruto without backpacks.

Cost: -1 wealth bonus.

You've got time to burn, so what do you do?
    Ichimaru shrugs... What could he accomplish in two hours? Not enough time to nap, and the blind ninja woulden't feel like training even if he had the whole day free.

He sighed, and made his way to the gates before he was due.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

19. - Top - End - #289

Toshio

As he watches his teammates walk off to do their own things, Toshio grins devilishly and flops his backpack to the ground. His Katsugan glance left and right before he pulls out a scroll of parchment and does a little twirl before raising the item high into the air. I finally bought it! A map of Kagegakure! Seeing that he was in an embarrasing stance, the bandaged genin unrolls the map and lays it on the ground.

With his finger he traces a route leading from his current location to the city gates Tora-sensei had mentioned. He nods his head when he was sure of the streets he would take. So I circle through that district, pass my house, run past the hot showers, and then finally to the gates...If I do this twice it will take up at least a hour and a half, maybe two.

"Alright! I'm going to test out how fast my jutsu can make me so far...A two hour run should be no sweat!" Toshio bags his newly bought map and assumes a sprinting stance. On your mark, get set...Go! The genin's Katsugan whirls around trying to see any oncoming hazards as Toshio begins to enter slightly into the next tier of speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you don't want Toshio to have a map since you like seeing him get lost simply say so, he'll find a slight hole in his new backpack once he stops to take a breather :P

Also he's taking a half block training for Shodan Kousoku.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Toshio and Sanma begin their training.

Ichimaru arrives at the gate with abit of effort and asking for a few directions. Ultimately, when he arrives, he hears the sound of someone snoring nearby. The young genin tracks the noise to it's source, which happens to be Lani. The older jounin is sleeping just inside the village gate with her back against the wall. She doesn't seem bothered by Ichimaru's appearance, and simply continues sleeping and snoring rather loudly.

21. - Top - End - #291

Ichi arched an eyebrow, taking a few tiny (yet rapid) steps forward to investigate the matter more thoroughly. 'Who could be taking a nap by the gat- ...Sensei? Toshio did say she was a little bit sleepyheaded at times ...Uwah!'
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

Ichimaru's jounin slept the two hours away, at which point Toshio and Sanma arrive at the gate. They both spot Ichimaru and Lani, the later sleeping against the wall while the former stands around nearby. Lani doesn't awaken when they approach, and just continues to sleep as if nothing had transpired.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sanma and Toshio lose out on 1/5th of their chakra for the two hour training session.

23. - Top - End - #293

Toshio

What a run! Toshio jogs his final stretch when he spots Ichimaru and Lani near Kagegakure’s gates and waves to Ichimaru, forgetting his teammate’s disability. The bandaged genin grouches at the realization. I can’t even imagine how it would be without sight…For the longest time I’ve had these damned eyes showing me every single detail there is to see. Poor Ichimaru. Toshio combs his hand through his soaked burgundy hair letting every single droplet of sweat fall against the cold, dirt road. His eyes fall upon his sensei sleeping against the wall behind her. I could use a break myself.

Toshio smiles at his blind teammate and tries to start up a conversation. With a soft voice he says, “Hey Ichi-kun wouldn’t it be nice if we were jounin? We could spend half our time sleeping instead of training!” It was true though, why did it seem that genin worked the hardest amongst the ranks of shinobi? The linen-covered genin waits there with Ichimaru and sees Sanma coming down a path that Toshio thought came from the training grounds. Or is it from the gambling district? Needless to say, the map he bought would come in handy.

Between the oncoming Sanma and the snoring Tora-sensei, Toshio hatched a small plan in his head. Hehehe I know I said I wouldn’t get back at Sanma, but this too good a chance! Once Sanma was close enough, Toshio gave a gasp of disbelief. “Sanma-san!” he muttered out, “Did you see that? I think Tora-sensei is having a bad dream!” The bandaged ninja scowled at his friend and then realized, “Wait maybe it’s because of my Katsugan, but I can clearly see fear in Tora-sensei’s facial expression! Ichimaru-kun don’t fret, but I think it’d be safer if you stood away from her right now.”

Toshio takes a deep breath and weaves out a tale of his first meeting with Lani, “Alright I didn’t tell any of you this since we’ve had such a busy week so far…but when I first met Tora-sensei she was sleeping just like that with the same exact hint of fear. She woke up screaming and allowed Moko to attack me!” He unraveled one of his bandages to show them a hideous scar along his right shoulder, “She told me afterwards if she was ever having a nightmare to say to her in her sleep…” The shinobi looked at both of comrades and exhaled a little.

“It’s alright Lani-chan, Esanu is here to make your nightmares go away…It’s all okay now that Esanu has come,” Toshio said this while staring directly at Sanma, “She also said that you should say it to her as she’s still asleep…Sanma-san can you do this for us? I don’t want a hell bent Tora-sensei to attack us once she wakes up! Please?”

24. - Top - End - #294

Sanma

Grabbing all his equipment, moving back from the training grounds, Sanma closes his eyes. It's not even like that for you, Ichi-kun. I can still feel the light as it passes through the lid. You... you are in complete darkness. Opening them, he walks down the road and sees the village's gates, spotting his sensei, sound asleep as well as Ichimaru and Toshio.

Taking a deep breath, he felt a bit spent after training, walking slowly towards his teammates. Lani and Ichimaru looked fine, but Toshio seemed a bit spent and sweaty. Did he just run or something?

As he is about to speak, he is interrupted by Toshio suddenly coming towards him.

“Did you see that? I think Tora-sensei is having a bad dream!” The bandaged ninja scowled at his friend and then realized, “Wait maybe it’s because of my Katsugan, but I can clearly see fear in Tora-sensei’s facial expression! Ichimaru-kun don’t fret, but I think it’d be safer if you stood away from her right now.”

Raising an eyebrow, Sanma isn't too sure how to react, inadvertently letting Toshio continue his story.

“Alright I didn’t tell any of you this since we’ve had such a busy week so far…but when I first met Tora-sensei she was sleeping just like that with the same exact hint of fear. She woke up screaming and allowed Moko to attack me!”
    He unraveled one of his bandages to show them a hideous scar along his right shoulder, “She told me afterwards if she was ever having a nightmare to say to her in her sleep…”

Sanma raises the other eyebrow. "That's just crazy, Toshio-san. So what did you have to tell her?" Sanma has no idea this is but an elaborate plan, and seems to roll with it just fine.

“It’s alright Lani-chan, Esanu is here to make your nightmares go away…It’s all okay now that Esanu has come.”

"Sanma-san can you do this for us? I don’t want a hell bent Tora-sensei to attack us once she wakes up! Please?”

Sanma chuckles. "Well, that's simple enough, Toshio-chan!" He smirks, winking. "I don't know what's so scary about that!"

he walks up towards Lani-sensei and whispers at her ear:

“It’s alright Lani-chan, Esanu is here to make your nightmares go away…It’s all okay now that Esanu has come.”

He does a wide grin as he waits for her reaction.
    A Revenant

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

The jounin doesn't appear to notice her students talking, at least at first. But when Sanma gets closer, Lani stretches her arms out wide and lets out a very long yawn. She quickly wraps both arms around Sanma's legs, and squeezes the little genin like a teddy bear. Lani begins speaking a strange language that Toshio recognizes but still doesn't understand. "Nyah.. I miss my big tiger-pillow.. It's lonely without Moko." None of the genin can understand her, but they do recognize the name "Moko". Their jounin yawns again, and rubs her head against Sanma's leg before dragging the poor genin down to act like her pillow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sanma failed two grapple checks and takes 12 non-lethal damage from the crushing. He's now pinned by a sleeping jounin.

26. - Top - End - #296

Spoiler
    Show
    Non-lethal damage works the same way as normal damage right? I just deduct it from my current hp?

Sanma

As his jounin starts hugging his legs before he got to say anything, he can feel the pressure rising, the blood circulation blocked by the monstrous hug.

"Sens...ei!" He can feel the bones in his legs give way, his sensei didn't seem to even exert herself and his poor legs were being crushed! He tries to break free from the grapple, but fails to counter the absurd strength on display.

"Damn..it! Help me..guys!"

He then is dragged down to serve as a pillow, trying to be as uncomfortable as he possibly can by moving and being unsteady.

"I am not some soft cushion!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-04-01 at 05:21 PM.
    A Revenant

27. - Top - End - #297

Ichimaru's mouth went wide, and he... freaked out.

Genuinely believing that Sanma would be crushed to death, the young genin rushed over to his 'fallen comrade' and started gingerly knocking on Lani's head with his knuckles, hoping to wake her up without inciting the jounin's fearsome wrath.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

28. - Top - End - #298

Toshio

The bandaged genin didn't know if he should laugh or be worried as he witnessed Sanma being hugged like some rag doll. Another rush of pain went through Toshio's back as he recalled what Lani's hugs felt like. Figuring that his comrade had enough, the mummy-like genin crouched low and dug his fingers deep into Sanma's arms.

With all his strength, Toshio tried to free Sanma from Lani's fierce grip. "Didn't I tell you to be careful Sanma-san? Don't worry she'll wake up sooner or later, just hang in there a bit longer!" The genin gritted his teeth and pulled ferociously; his joke couldn't have gone any better. I wonder why she said Moko...I swore Tora-sensei said something about an Esanu and hugged me; oh well it works either way.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Ichimaru's efforts to awaken Lani are in vain, but Toshio is able to successfully pull Lani away. The sleeping jounin simply rolls backwards and shakily stands, her eyes are still half-closed, but she turns around and starts walking out of the village. After a moment of confusion, the genin quickly follow her. Lani lawns widely, and rubs her head like a cat cleans itself with it's paws. Eventually, she stands up straight and looks distinctly more awake and aware.

The trip to the next town is uneventful. You find out from Lani that the town is named Mura no Tsuki, or Village of Luck. You spend the night in the forest, and most of you go to sleep early so you can leave early as well. None of you remember Lani going to sleep during the night.

The town is a large, wall-less pseudo-city with several large casinos and dotting it's "main street". Several men and women are traveling through the streets, a few of which are obviously drunk. Ichimaru immediately smells the overpowering sense of alcohol as he walks into the village. "Well, we're here.. Becareful, and don't part with your wallets easily."

Spoiler
    Show
    You have eight hours before midnight. I'll need spot checks for the first hour.

30. - Top - End - #300

Toshio

Right after waking up, Toshio stretched his back long and hard to work out the last kinks from yesterday's bear hug from Lani. Ch-ch-ch! The genin rolls his shoulders a couple times and feels relieved. Ahh, all better now! Once he was finished applying his new medical wrappings, he followed their jounin-leader into Mura no Tsuki noticing the freeloading and gambling fever of the village.

Sensing a bad aura from this sin city, Toshio felt a little compelled to leave as soon as possible. "Tora-sensei? When is it going to occur?" The Tora-oshiego tried to leave the question as generic as can be and ommited any information of their mission. Toshio unwraps his eye-coverings to get a good look at the people around them and traveling through the main street.

Safety was in knowing who was their enemy, and in such a place anyone could be out to get them.