New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kagegakure; Team 5 [IC Thread]

Toshio

The bandaged genin frowns as he hears Lani call them out. There were more ideas floating through his head, but maybe he'd be able to come up with some more while the sparring took place. Toshio, with the rest of the team, followed Lani to a clearing and made it to his spot alongside Tsuchigumo.

"Huh...There's plenty of distance between us, I guess she wants us to set up before the other pair reaches us."
    Toshio said to himself, but just loud enough for Tsuchigumo to hear him. The kage-nin removes his eye coverings again in preparation for the battle. His Katsugan spun rapidly, surveying the land and spotting all the patches of trees dotting the battleground.

A sudden surge of pain shot through Toshio's spine covering his entire body. The pain wasn't severe, but enough to make the genin to squint and hold his stomach, "Kuso...Body pains at such a time...Ah well, I'll just have to deal with it." The pain lessened after a few seconds except the pain behind his eyes, the aches he felt there always lasted longer than any other spot on his body. "Alright! You ready T?" Toshio brought both of his hands close together and formed a blade of crackling chakra, its blue flame glowing brightly against his white bandages.

The genin leaned in close to Tsuchigumo and whispered a few things.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Pixie in the Playground

Tsuchigumo walks along to the lakeside of the area with Toshio, a little disheartened by the idea of fighting anyone who wasn't actually an enemy. In his experience, while sparring might make for good training, it has a nasty tendency to create bitter rivalries even between close-knit teammates. Nonetheless, what the Jounin wants... the Jounin gets.

When the duo reach the end of the field, Tsuchigumo turns and listens to Toshio, apparently sharing his own part in the discussion too.
    Last edited by tomorrow; 2008-08-01 at 12:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sanma

"Oh man, are they gonna talk -again- ? Should we just run up to them Ichi? The distance isn't favorable. for my jutsu or for throwing. Besides, it looks like they're letting us get the first move."

On a favorable signal, Sanma will use a full round run action towards Toshio and Tsuchigumo.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-08-01 at 07:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484

Ichimaru smiled. "Race ya there?" He said with a wide grin just moments before his feet flew out from under him, the genin charging forward with recklass abandon.

"Ten minutes are up!" He shouted mid-charge.

Full-round run towards the other genin.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

5. - Top - End - #485

Toshio

"Running straight at us now are ya!" Toshio shouts mockingly to his oncoming teammates, "Ichimaru you should have remembered what happens when you charge forward recklessly! I guess our battle with the Kumo-nins taught you nothing.I'm gonna nail that lesson into you!" Toshio pulls down his eye lid and shoots his tongue out.

Toshio turns to Tsuchigumo, "T, I'm going to engage them soon, keep your eye out for what they are planning and pull me out if I get trapped. Time to show some speed!" The day had finally come for Toshio to show his newest technique. The mummy-like genin claps his hands together and focuses most of his chakra to the soles of his feet. Before, he used this simple technique to increase his speed, but now it had evolved into some radically better. "Shodan Kousoku!" Toshio's hair lifted slightly as he called out the jutsu's name, while a smile of pure satisfaction spread across his tightly bound face.

The genin shoots off in the direction of Sanma and stops inches away from his friend. Before Sanma can react, Toshio slices upward with his Seireiha.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to wherever you guys are at that point which isn't that hard to guess. You guys probably moved somewhere around 100 ft, so I'm not worrying at this point. Unto the rolls.

Shodan Kuosoku (1d20 8=21) Did that on IC so I could write out if the technique worked.

HP: 32/35
    AC: 19
    CP: 22/24

Speed 40

Swift: Shodan Kuosoku
    Move: Moved to Sanma
    Attack: (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

6. - Top - End - #486

And here comes the 20's again... o_O

Confirmation: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]

7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground

Mindful of his ally’s position, Tsuchigumo simply takes a short step back from his recently run-up opponents and draw a kunai knife. Drawing back and letting the blade fly with a powerful flip of his wrist, the blade appears to wide, completely missing both Sanma and Ishimaru. However, Tsuchigumo seems oddly confident as he shakes he makes a raised-chin gesture to just beyond the two other genin’s position. Behind them, the errant kunai has disappeared in a puff of smoke upon smacking into the ground, and revealed itself to actually be an exploding tag. Not but a moment later, the tag erupts in a fiery blast of destructive charka. Seizing the opportunity created by the blast, Tsuchigumo makes a series of hand signs and then apparently darts off to toward the right to seek cover in the patch of trees next to the pond.

Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Eh… there’s no reason to keep Tsuchigumo’s Kawarimi action secret, as there is a chance either Samna or Ishimaru could spot it this close-up (though the explosion may demand Concentration checks to do so) and it’s a fairly Genin-staple tactic.
    Free Action: Five-Foot Step back to avoid AoA for ranged attacks.
    Free Action: Draw Kunai.
    Attack Action: Throw Kunai/Henge’d Tag at square somewhere beyond opponents, just far enough not to catch Toshio in the blast too. Might have range penalty, but since squares have Def 10… a 14 can hit up to max range anyway.
    Free Action: Detonate the tag.
    Move Action:Kawarimi no Jutsu – moving to the trees to the left (second tree in on the top row), though his kawarimi double appears to be running to the right.]

Kunai attack? (1d20+5=14)
    Kunai... nope... Henge'd Exploding Tag damage. (6d6=16)
    Kawarimi no Jutsu and associated Hide check. (1d20+13=27, 1d20+5=19)

8. - Top - End - #488

"Sanma! T's using a Kawarimi!" Ichimaru shouted, "Plan number 2! Find out where he's hiding!"

"I'll handle Toshio!" He said with a wide smile.

The genin drew from his pouch a smoke bomb and tossed it to the ground at his feet, the impact causing a great plume of unavoidable smoke in the area.

Clad in the concealing smoke, Ichimaru hurled his first towards the other genin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: [roll]1d20+[/roll] (What tag does 6d6 damage? )

Spot: Assuming the Kawarimi has a different/no chakra ghost, explaining Ichi's warning to Sanma above.

Wait a sec. Now that I have chakra sight, do I have to put ranks in spot?

Free: Draw Smokebomb
    Move: Drop Smokebomb at the corner square nearest to Toshio (10 x 10 ft. smoke)
    Unarmed Attack: Toshio (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage (Nonlethal): (1d3+1)[2]

Unless he has his chakra-sight activated as well, Toshio is denied his dex bonus and Ichi gets a +2 bonus to attack.

HP: 26 (Before Tag)
    Chakra: 12/24

Edit: Bad roll tags. Reflex (1d20+4=8)

Bad rolls on our side.
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-08-03 at 05:12 PM.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

9. - Top - End - #489
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC (in regards to Kawarimi): A creature that can See Chakra or See Through Chakra can make a Spot check (DC 10) to notice a strange pattern of Chakra over the construct, which will in turn enable it to make a Ninjutsu check (DC 16) to identify the construct as being a replacement.

Also, Smoke Bombs are thrown weapons, they don't go off just by droping them on the ground, you can throw them straight down into your own square... but like any other weapon, its an attack action. It doesn't matter though, that round sucked beyond words for S and I... you can have the move action smoke bomb. But I doubt ZN will let us get away with that in real combat.
    Last edited by tomorrow; 2008-08-03 at 08:51 AM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The genin rush toward one another and engage in a quick and dangerous melee, but when Tsuchigumo threw his exploding tag things became much more real. Unfortunately for the genin, the explosion that would have happened was quickly and quietly averted by the appearance of a Kage-nin. The strange ninja--a buxom woman with a soft look on her face--catches the flying tag and burns it off with her own chakra. She turns toward Lani and shouts with a song-like voice. "Lani-chan! There is something I need to discuss with you! Hmm.." She turns toward the smoke cloud that has engulfed all four genin. "Can you four help me out?"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-08-03 at 04:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491

Ichimaru scratched his head, "Not even our sparring can go off without a hitch." He said with a wide frown.

There was something about this woman's chakra ghost. It seemed...particularly curvy... at the chest.

'Wait, what the hell is that?' Ichi thought, 'Oh! Boobs! That's a sure sign of fertility if I ever saw one! And she so expertly took out that bomb... A powerful kunoichi, indeed!'

The genin jumped out of the smoke with a long hop, a wide smile stretched across his lips as he looked up at the Kage-nin. "Yes, m'am- anything you need, just ask!" He said as he landed beside her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

12. - Top - End - #492
    Pixie in the Playground

After tossing his explosive sneak attack, Tsuchigumo had darted to his left, leaping headlong in the nearby trees for cover. However, in mid-leap he realizes that he hadn’t heard his explosive tag go off. “Huh?!” Glancing over his shoulder, he barely catches sight of the buxom woman destroying his trap. “Hey!” It is at this very moment, that Tsuchigumo remembers he is still airborne and currently sailing toward the trees, but of course it is too late. Smack!

Tsuchigumo’s body rests, motionless and half-imbedded in the tree for several moments before finally teetering over and falling flat unto the ground. Though his body twitches a little, it is clear that this time… he has actually managed to knock himself out. Elsewhere on the field, a small log Tsuchigumo had snagged to use for his substitution jutsu takes the place of his double, continuing to roll along the ground until it too smacks into some trees.

13. - Top - End - #493

Sanma

As Toshio stabs him, Sanma feels a sudden rush of pain. "Guh!" His hands suddenly go inside the belt pouch at his side and something extremely thin comes out in both hands, looking like string, and in fact, is a garrote wire if Toshio ever saw one. But before anything goes any further, there is an exploding tag flying straight towards them and Sanma's eyes only manage to see the direction it is thrown towards. His mind tells him to move and dodge, but he stays motionless as someone caught completely by surprise. When suddenly, someone he doesn't know ends up on the battlefield and single handedly destroys the exploding tag, his eyes blink several time. Did she just... burn it?

As he watches the woman, Ichimaru looks like he gets the idea. Sanma's eyes and mouth widen as his teammate leaps forward, arms open. A bright flash of light reflects into his eyes, and using his wire as a lasso of sorts, he throws it towards Ichi's feet, shouting: "ICHIMARRRUU!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for fun, actually. Doesn't matter whether I fail or not. ^_^ (That and I have no idea what I should roll. Meh.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-08-04 at 06:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #494

Ichimaru, still beaming a wide smile at the kunoichi, was too busy to notice Sanma's ploy. As the other genin called out "ICHIMARRRUU!", the blind ninja waved him off, never taking his attention off the kunoichi. Unfortunately for him, he stepped right into the lasso at the end of his leap.

Blisfully unaware, Ichimaru just continued smiling at the newly arrived female ninja, ignorant of the fact that one good tug on Sanma's part would be all that was needed to trip the hapless genin.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

15. - Top - End - #495

Toshio

Why was Team Five always making idiots of themselves? That was one question running through Toshio's mind as his eyes locked on the female kage-nin in front of them. The other question was if his eyes were looking at the kunoichi's soft face or her distinguished curves. Toshio immediately shuts his eyes and reopens them towards the ground where he saw Sanma's garrote wire looped around one of Ichimaru's legs. The mummy-like genin sighs a bit and drops his Soul Edge on top of the wire releasing Ichimaru. Better for one of our members to be viewed as an idiot instead of half of the team, Toshio decides.

Before Ichimaru reaches the strange nin in front of them Toshio greets her warmly, "Ohayou! We of Team Five are always willing to help those in need of it!"

16. - Top - End - #496

Sanma

"Wh..WHAT?!"

His finger points accusingly towards Toshio.

"Hey! I hope you're paying for that!"

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

As the other genin gather around the recently arrived woman, and there is a bit of a dispute over whether or not Ishimaru will be allowed to throw himself at her, Tsuchigumo twitches in his unconscious state, apparently very unsettled. Suddenly, he springs back to life half-consciously proclaiming in boisterous fright “I’m drowning in footwear!”

Then after sitting there for a moment and taking a few panting breathes, Tsuchigumo gathers himself and rises to his feet, quietly mumbling to himself, “I’ve got to lay off those caramel-dipped mochi balls.”

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Newcomer

The woman smiles, then reaches over and pats Ichimaru on the head. "Thanks, but all I need right now is your sensei. So could you be a doll and find her for little ole me?" She combines the question with a sweet voice and a big smile, then sends the little genin off on his mission whether he wanted to do it or not. She seems to ignore the antics of the other team-members as her warm gaze passes over them. Toshio, Sanma and Tsuchigumo get the feeling that they're being evaluated, but it doesn't show on her face. "Four genin..? Did little Tora-chan retire while I was away?"

19. - Top - End - #499

Sanma

He stammers slightly.

"Actually, we'd be five normally." The genin's hand goes in his hair and looks embarrassed for a second. "What do you need tora-sensei for anyway?" He asks, looking slightly suspicious.
    A Revenant

20. - Top - End - #500

"Yes, m'am!" Ichimaru says with a smile as he runs off towards the tree Lani perched herself on at the sparring match's start, scanning the area with his chakra sense and keeping an ear out for any sign.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+14)[31]
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-08-08 at 04:33 AM.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

21. - Top - End - #501
    Pixie in the Playground

Still a little wobbly, Tsuchigumo slowly makes his way over to Toshio and the others. He is apparently still a bit dismayed at the strange woman’s abrupt interruption of their fight, as he mumbles a bit to himself, though with a clear indication that he’s speaking to Toshio by the end, “I can’t believe it… it was the perfect fake-out… it even worked better then we planned… and… I can’t believe it.”, glancing to Toshio, “We SO totally had them, I mean… uggh… dude, that trick is NEVER going to work twice. Our combined moment of elegant genius completely ruined… RUINED.”

Taking a moment to sigh, Tsuchigumo smiles in a half-goofy fashion, “Oh well, we’ll just have to be even sneakier next time!”, before turning their new guest with a completely faux grimace, “… and you totally owe me an exploding tag, lady.” There’s a brief pause with Tsuchigumo looking very serious, before he ultimately cracks a smile again and starts chuckling a bit, “Nah… I’m just kidding.”

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Group

The woman smiles, then produces another exploding tag from her belt pouch. She hands the uncharged tag to Tsuchigumo with a smile and wink before answering Sanma's question. "Just a few words and a few moments with her all on my lonesome. Nothing too important."

Ichimaru

A few hops and skips brings the blind genin to their teacher. She's got both arms wrapped around a small tree branch while her head rests on a large leaf. Lani's eyes are closed and she doesn't appear to be awake.

23. - Top - End - #503

"Senseiii!" Ichimaru shouted towards the sleeping jounin, putting his hands on his hips.

"Message for you!" He said, pointing his thumb over his shoulder... in the wrong direction.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

24. - Top - End - #504

Toshio

"Don't worry T, we always have next time." Toshio smiles a bit and returns his focus to the Kunoichi in front of them. "If you don't mind, Miss...Can we have your name first? We've had a bad case of running into the wrong people before, and I don't want to take a chance endangering anyone...Really, just a safety precaution..." Toshio nervously scratches the back of his head while his Katsugan scanned the woman for any notable weapons or anything that could be dangerous.

Another, another adventure it seems...

Spoiler
    Show
    Meh, I don't think I've used Toshio's Sense Motive before...Might as well or it'll get rusty :P

Spot anything out of the norm: (1d20+13)[22]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+13)[19]

25. - Top - End - #505
    Pixie in the Playground

While the blind ninja runs off to retrieve their wayward sensei and Toshio begins questioning the buxom kunochi, Tsuchigumo notices the nasty stab wound Toshio managed to inflict on Sanma and promptly walks over to him, “Hey, let me take care of that for you.” Doing his weird hand-wrapping motion, Tsuchigumo’s hands glow again as he slowly but sure begins channeling charka into Sanma’s open wound, resulting in a slight tingling sensation, until after a few minutes the gash closes up and heals seamlessly. “There you go, good as new.” Of course he shrugs half-apologetically about the bloodied slash still present on Sanma’s attire, “Afraid I don’t really do washing and sewing though… sorry.”

Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Iryou Ninjutsu: Chiyu - Shodan Jutsu, just taking 10 on check, not rolling for heal since 3 minutes heals at least 6 no matter what the roll.]
    Last edited by tomorrow; 2008-08-12 at 07:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #506

Sanma

Sanma continues pointing at Toshio with big round eyes.

"Gah! See how he ignored me?! How can he act so cool if he ignores me! I oughta..."

And then his eyes focus on Tsuchigumo as he does a strange hand wrapping motion. A flash in his mind occurs as he recalls him using the technique before. That's right... he's a medical nin.. or at least has the skills for one. The skin on Sanma tingles and a shiver runs up his spine as the wound closes progressively, once it is completely closed, he looks at it and touches it with his hand.

"A...arigato, Tsuchigumo-kun."

He seems to have calmed down, looks at Toshio, Tsuchigumo, and then the direction where Ichi has gone before sitting down on the ground with a sigh. The toughest part of the life of the ninja was probably the patience bit, and he had no room in his mind for patience. He remembers his father trying all sorts of training for focus and patience, and that they all failed. He sighs once more, then lies down on the ground as he waits.
    A Revenant

27. - Top - End - #507

Toshio

Toshio only whistles as Sanma points and barks at him. "Easy Sanma-san! I wasn't ignoring you...I'll repay you for whatever I damaged, as soon as I find my money purse. For having spectacular eyes, I lose my things and my direction quite often. Ha...ha..." A large sweat bead dribbles down his temple.

The Katsugan locks itself on Tsuchigumo as he heals Sanma's wound. Interesting...He also has medical jutsu, that'll be a big asset to the team, considering that we always get roughed up. The genin wonders what their next mission will be. Secretly, Toshio hoped for a walk-the-dog mission.

D-Ranks are the smart man's choice. Toshio nods in agreement.