New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kagegakure; Team 5 [IC Thread]

Lani-sensei

"Nyah~! I knew I was forgetting something! Wait just a second, ok? They called my name earlier."

Lani stands up, carrying the big tiger in her arms like a baby as she heads over to the nurse's desk. She and the nurse have a hushed conversation, then Lani carries the tiger through a pair of double-doors marked "EMERGENCY". She only spends a minute behind those doors before she comes back empty-handed and smiling. "Alright everyone, lets get going!"

Lani, Toshio, Ryuu, and Sanma leave the vet all together. Lani is smiling wide and has seemingly forgotten all about the Kumo-nin and their kind. She shouts to Ichimaru to come with them when she spots him. "Alright everyone. What with the whirlwind of activity since yesterday, I realized we haven't properly met one another. So.. We're going to do the traditional bonding method~!" Lani points straight down the street toward a small ramen shop. She begins running toward it and waves over her shoulder at her genin. "Come on! Last one there is buying!"

Lani deftly tumbles through the crowd, slowly making her way across to the ramen shop. But you can tell from the sound of her voice and the grin plastered across her face that she's not taking any of you seriously as competition. She even stops to chat with a random passerby!

Spoiler
    Show
    The ramen shop is a hundred and twenty(120) feet away. If you run through the streets, you need a DC 10 Tumble check not to run into anyone.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Matsumoto Ryuu

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble DC10: 1d20+4=20

"Hope you've got enough cash, guys!"

Ryuu broke into a full sprint, going into a somersault underneath a passing cart and rolling onto his feet without breaking stride. He deftly dodged and weaved through the throng of people, going under arms, over small children, shooting through tiny gaps in between groups, all the while running all out as fast as he was able. It was times like this, however, when he wished he could pull out the speed he'd seen Toshio capable of the day before. He really needed to get the bandaged genin to show him how to do that. Still, running fast wouldn't help if the crowd slowed him down. Ryuu was bound and determined to make it to the ramen shop first. His ego and insanely competitive spirit demanded nothing less.

Spoiler
    Show
    Without anything to up his movement speed, he's sprinting at the normal 120 ft. per round. But damn if he isn't doing it in style!
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-03-03 at 08:40 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Toshio

The genin stares blatantly at the red sign above the swinging doors, Emergency? What did Moko do? Did he accidentally swallow a Kumo-nin? A little amazement creeps into Toshio’s face as he realizes how truly strong their sensei was to pick up the tiger like it was a little child. With amazement came a hint of fear, and from that a nervous gulp that couldn’t quite go down all the way. So I guess she really is the Sixty-three that everyone, including Sahiro, are afraid of…

Once Lani-sensei exited the Emergency wing, Toshio was keen to keep his eyes locked on her. Whatever made her dangerous, he wanted. The next time he’d meet Sahiro, Toshio would be ready. The genin says nothing as their jounin leader passes them and suggests a more casual way to spend the day. His mind was completely focused on…Wait, did she say something about food? Toshio’s stomach lets out a loud rumble as the thought of food entered his body. Spending a night outside and nothing to eat since last morning, there was one hungry genin on Team Five.

As a zombie, Toshio followed the group out into the street and heard Lani’s challenge. Either it was Toshio’s yearning to push his sensei so he could see her true capabilities or his ever so present hunger that forced him to get into a running stance. His left eye caught Ryuu speed off through the crowd and his right saw Lani-sensei lollygagging with the villagers. Easily relocating his chakra to the soles of his feet, Toshio sped off right behind Ryuu and looked towards his teammate giving the widest smile he could manage behind a bandaged face, before passing him. He’s the go-getter type I can tell, but my aim isn’t to win this race…No it’s…

Toshio leapt through the air with only one target in sight…Lani! “TACKLE NO JUTSU!” Was the only sound he gave as he closed in on his sensei with his arms stretched out towards her. In the back of his mind, Toshio knew there was no way Ichimaru could make his way through the crowd, so how about a little fun and make sure their sensei wasn’t first? After the hectic day they had before, a little fun couldn’t hurt anyone…could it?

Spoiler
    Show

Tumble Check (1d20+3=22)
    Chouyaku no Jutsu 1:1 Auto
    Speed=35 feet
    Charge Full-Round with an overrun at the end (best describes a tackle in my opinion.)
    If you think the charge wouldn’t work because of the crowd then…Just have Toshio run at Lani moving at 130 feet/round and ignore the +2 in this roll…
    Overrun (1d20+2=6)
    Erm…must’ve stolen all the luck with the Tumble roll there…

4. - Top - End - #244

Ichimaru shrugged, hearing footsteps scatter away and merely assuming he had been left behind. There was no way he could even avoid the crowd, he knew, so he pondered for awhile, thinking of a way to get around the mass of people.

Whistly innocuously, the blind genin started meandering towards the vet's office. When he felt his palm press against the wall of the building, the ninja groaned as he bent his knees and propelled himself upwards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move against the wall of the vet's.
    Attack: Jump up to (eventually) climb onto the roof of the building. (1d20+1)[19]
    Last edited by Paragon Badger; 2008-03-04 at 12:32 AM.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble check
    DC 10 (1d20+9=18)

A what?!

As Lani sensei suggests the race competition, Sanma simply sighs, exasperated. There was no way he was going to be able to afford the food for everyone! Gathering chakra at his feet, the young genin opens two determined eyes and mutters to himself.

*Cue dramatic music*

"There is no way on Earth those guys are going to make me pay for NOODLES!" ( )

He then dashes forward, dodging the young, the adults, the not-so-young as well as cart pushers that lumber themselves along the busy road. He was right behind Ryuu and caught a glimpse of Toshio trying to tackle Lani-sensei.

"Get her Toshio!" He cheered his teammate on as he sped down the road.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full-round action: Running to the ramen shop !!! 120 ft. moved
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-04 at 04:48 AM.
    A Revenant

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

Tora-sensei seems to ignore the charging genin, for the most part. But just as he leaps to tackle her, the blonde kunoichi disappears. There was no puff of smoke that announced a shunshin teleportation. Instead, she was simply there, and then not. Toshio steps forward quickly to avoid plowing head first into the ground. For a second, it seems as if Lani has disappeared entirely. Then the younger genin feels a heavy weight on his shoulders.

To the others, they can immediately see Lani standing upon the poor bandage-wrapped boy's shoulders. Even Ichimaru can hear her voice as she speaks. She playfully puts a hand above her eyes, as if shielding them from the shadowy illumination that stood for sunlight in Kagegakure. "I wonder why my genin disappeared.. He was just over there a second a go!"

The jounin leaned forward, and looks Toshio in the eye from above. "Eeny-meanie-minny-mo. You can't catch this tiger by her toes."

DM

Both Sanma and Ryuu arrive at the ramen shop at the same time. The owner looks at you both with wide eyes, then greets you. "Ohayou!" She smiles wide, then awaits your order. It appears that the two genin are the only people inside the shop at the moment.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-03-04 at 02:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

Toshio

Toshio expected nothing more from his jounin sensei. From the couple times he saw her in action, this simple maneuver was no surprise to him. The bandaged genin's first thought was to mock how heavy she was, but he suddenly thought that wouldn't bode well even for his crazy sensei. Toshio's katsugan focused on the feet that were now painfully standing on his shoulders. If I reach for them...she'll just jump off of me.

The genin looked towards the ramen shop and happily saw that his teammates had won the race with their sensei still on the street, or more accurately, on him. Toshio gives out a subtle laugh and commented, "Tora-sensei, it doesn't look like I'll need to grab anyone's toes today...looks like you lost to a couple of genin already, and that's good enough for me." Lani's mummy-like genin points toward the ramen shop singling out Ryuu and Sanma.

Now if only Ichi can make it there too, I may just be able to stall her long enough and stick the bill on her. Toshio gives another quick laugh before whipping his hand toward Lani's ankle on his shoulder. If only he could grasp on hard enough and long enough, the genin of Team Five may be the first ever to beat a jounin at their own game.

With all of his might, Toshio tries to pull down his Tora-sensei. Eh, who am I kidding? I’m no wrestler, come on Ichi make it to the restaurant already!

Spoiler
    Show

Grab (touch attack);Grapple Check (1d20+3=6, 1d20+3=10)

How far away is Toshio and Lani, in case I want to make a run for it?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Ryuu

"ICHI!! HEEEY!! OVER HERE!! HURRY!!!" Ryuu yelled out as loud as he could in the blind genin's direction, knowing he'd need a little help if he was going to make it before Lani quit playing with Toshio. "Sanma! Make a racket! He needs to hear us over the crowd!" he said, pointing Ichi out to the other genin if he hadn't grasped the situation already. With Toshio running interference, and maybe some quick thinking from all of them, they might be able to stall the jounin long enough to get her stuck with paying.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

Ichimaru struggled up to get onto the roof, cursing his short stature. "Toshiooooo!" He called out, giving a thumbs up, "I owe you one!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Climb (1d20+1)[5]
    Move: Go towards Ryuu/Sanma's voice.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

Lani doesn't bother defending herself, and simply allows Toshio to push her off. The older jounin simply holds Toshio's head when he tries to grapple her. The young boy feels his body constrict under a very tight hug as she lifts him up and squeezes him close like a long-lost sibling. The hug deals 11 points of non-lethal damage to Toshio. "Oh Toshio, I didn't know you cared!"

Ichimaru

The young genin fails to climb onto the roof, and instead falls onto the ground. The fall is too short to hurt him, but he definitely isn't climbing up onto a roof anytime soon. He can move through the crowd to the ramen shop at one-fourth his normal speed, however.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-03-04 at 10:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

Sanma

Sanma starts shouting as loud as he can, trying to get Ichi's ear.

"HEEEY! ICHI! COME QUICK, WE GOT NOODLES!"

Afterwards, he gathers chakra at his feet and starts running back out. Making for Lani and charging right at her as she hugs the life out of Toshio.

"TACKLE NO JUTSU NUMBER TWO!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble, tumble my way up to the scary gate! (1d20+9=29)
    ((Time to convert to the faith of Banjo)
    Spending one action point.
    Bull Rush attack!!!
    1d20+1d6+3 → [6,1,3] = (10)
    ((Oh dear, Sanma's doomed now, I should've sang a little song!))
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-04 at 10:38 PM.
    A Revenant

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Ryuu

Seeing Ichimaru having trouble negotiating the crowd, and Sanma shooting off to help Toshio, Ryuu did the only thing he could do...

"TACKLE NO JUTSU! NUMBER THREE!!"

Ryuu tried to stay in Sanma's shadow so Lani wouldn't see him coming until the last instant when he yelled. (Though Toshio's Katsugan would probably pick him out.) If Sanma missed or messed up, Ryuu would be right behind him with a followup. Either that, or he'd just add to the dogpile.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble to get through crowd: 1d20+4=14
    Charge with an Overrun Attempt: 1d20+2=22

OOC: YEAH!
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-03-05 at 01:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253

Toshio

All the poor little genin could hear was the sound of bones cracking, hopefully nothing too serious that would impede him for the rest of his life. Toshio readies himself to scream for help, but Lani only hugs even tighter cutting out any syllable he was about to make. His eyes focus in on her own bright blue eyes and without words he pleads for mercy.

Is that Sanma? Toshio's katsugan spots his teammate running straight at them That fool! Didn't he see how easily she dodged me? A thought came to Toshio's head; this time he could hold her still just long enough for Sanma to get one clean hit on her and free him. The bandaged genin struggles to free his arms and starts to hug his sensei back. "Of course Tora-sensei! Why wouldn't I care?" Toshio manages the best smile he can while his body is about to be broken in two. The smile grew even wider when he saw Ryuu heading straight for the pair also. Guys hurry up I can't take this any longer!
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2008-03-05 at 12:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Sanma's dashing charge isn't too useful against Lani, and she simply slides off to the side and lets Sanma barrel into a passerby. The old man shakes his fist as the young boy. "Damn children! Why, in my day we didn't let kids run through the streets all willy-nilly."

Ryuu successfully tackles Lani, but finds his jounin to be abit heavier than she looks. She doesn't move from her spot, but he atleast provides a small blockade.

Lani suddenly drops Toshio onto the ground, then pats Ryuu on the head before heading off toward the ramen shop. She passes by Ichimaru, and lifts the boy up onto her shoulders without warning. "Come on you silly kids. I'll buy today."

Lani sits down on top of one of the stools, then spins and leans against the large counter. Once everyone has gathered up inside the shop, Lani orders four of the largest meals she can get. "So, since Ryuu are Ichimaru are new additions, I'd like to know alittle bit about you guys. So I need your full names, your hopes, your dreams, or whatever you have to say!"

15. - Top - End - #255

Ichimaru let out a frightened "Meep!" as Lani picked him up, and he initiated a possum-like defense of curling up into a ball and freezing his every muscle.

"Uhhhhhh.." He studdered at the noodle shop, "My name is Zato Ichimaru.. And I hope... to start, or at least join, a clan here in Kagegakure. And I dream of..."

"Gentle, non-serpentine ...bunnies." He said with an uneasy smile and a forced laugh.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

16. - Top - End - #256

Toshio

Disregarding her genin's now aching body, Lani drops him to the dirt-ridden pavement. "Ouch," Toshio yelps as his bottom lands straight on a sharp pebble. The pain did little to calm the excitement the genin was feeling, their sensei was buying the food! Another smile forms behind his bandages as he looks up to Ryuu. Toshio makes a peace sign towards him signifying their small victory.

The bandaged genin lifts himself from his down position and pats off the dirt that formed all over him. It didn't even matter to him that he'd need new wrappings since they were the ramen was on its way. Patting off even more dust, Toshio starts walking behind Lani into the Ramen shop, while making faces at the blind Ichimaru in front of him. All in all it was turning out to be a fine day for once.

Inside the shop, Toshio nods his head as a greeting to the owner and sits down at a table next to Lani-sensei. Toshio's Katsugan grow a size larger as he looks down at the dish in front of him. His eyes begin to water as the steam rises from the plate.

"Itadakimasu!"

Toshio lunges for the nearest chopsticks and grabs a load full of noodles and smashes it against his mouth bandages. "Kuso..." he swears softly as he unwraps the lower half of his face so he could finally enjoy the long deserved meal. He listens intently at his comrades' stories while filling his stomache food with ramen.

17. - Top - End - #257

Sanma

Sanma breathes gently, satisfied with the outcome. He didn't want to look completely broke and fail in this aspect as well as all the others he had consistently failed in.

He felt the need to safeguard his teammate's faith in him, so he listened intently to both Ryuu and Ichimaru, though only a short while after Ichi said his few lines, he grabbed a pair of chopsticks and dug in his food.

He attempts multi-tasking, paying attention to Ryuu as he swallows ramen.
    A Revenant

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Ryuu

"I just remembered, I never delivered that letter from a few days ago.. I gotta run guys, sorry!" The mail-nin dashes off with a wave, and Lani doesn't stop him from leaving.

Lani

"Well, since neither Toshio nor Sanma have properly introduced themselves to our other members, lets hear their answers to my questions. Boys?" Lani looks toward the linen-wrapped genin and his hairy companion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving on without Chronic for awhile.

19. - Top - End - #259

Toshio

The mummy-like genin stares as Ryuu suddenly runs from the group. "He's a mail-nin I assume?" Toshio mutters out as the fourth member of the team departed. Toshio rubs one of his hands through his wild auburn hair and looked at his sensei. "Oh..." The genin fumbled through his head trying to remember the stuff he promised himself he would say if ever asked.

"Well, my name is Toshio, at least that's as much as I remember from my little stay with the Kumo-nins as I have alluded to before. When I was rescued from that torturous place I found refuge with the people of Kagegakure," The linen-covered ninja took another rather large glop of ramen and sucked it into his mouth, "As for my dreams...I have this idol, if you will. Ihesamo Kinzen was the one who spear-headed the operation to free me from the Kumo-nins. Well I want to be like him when I grow up. I want to be strong, I want to be knowledgable, and most of all...I want to be respected."

That and be feared, but they don't need to know every little detail. Toshio gave one small sigh and realized that he had said all of it in a monotone voice like he had practiced it before...

20. - Top - End - #260

Looking at Toshio, he didn't say anything to interrupt. He listens, and intently at that. His story wasn't anything he didn't know already, apart from Toshio's role model. That shinobi that rescued him from the experiments.

"Strong, knowledgeable, respected... That's all good goals, Toshio-san." The genin smiles broadly.

"Well, I suppose it's my turn" The Genin turns to his other teammates that seem hell bent on finishing up their ramen. He pauses slightly, looking at them, then starts off. "My name is Utanaru Sanma." He seems to think slightly. "Only one person knows where I come from. Unless it's been told, I'm not sure." He looks a bit worried at the thought, then continues. "I am from the Land of Earth, and my parents were Nins from the Hidden Rock. They were... protectors." He stops, thinking about what he should say, his eyes glistening. "I want to follow their way. I want to discover about them. Who they were."

He looks like he wants to continue, but forces himself to stop.

"I just want to be a good Kagegakure Shinobi, really."
    A Revenant

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

"Hmm.. Interesting, interesting. Well, the only thing I have left to do is give you your money for the Onaki Mission." She reaches into a vest pocket and fishes out a large bag of ryo. She distributes it between the three of you in small stacks. "This is what you three got, sans Ryuu's share. I'll give that to him later.. So! Any questions? Or shall we begin training for today?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone gets a total of a +5 increase to their Wealth score.

22. - Top - End - #262

"Well...As long as training doesn't involve climbing up small buildings or tumbling through crowds of people..." Ichimaru said, half-heartedly joking at his ineptitude a few minutes before.

He quickly finished up his Ramen though, eager to fill up before the team was thrust back into another life-threatening situation.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

23. - Top - End - #263

Toshio

Lifting up his bowl, Toshio gulps down the rest of his ramen and lifts back up his jaw bandages. The genin eyeballs the ryu he's given and imagines how many hot baths he could pay for with his new pay. A bath each night for the next two weeks and bandages for a whole month! Toshio looks back at the money in front of him and grows stoic. Or is this money to pay us off and keep quiet about the affair...Oh well as long as I get my baths.

Making sure each scar was covered on his face, Toshio smiles at Ichimaru's suggestions and eyes his sensei, "Training would do us real good. After our blunders yesterday...Who knows when those Kumo-nins will return?" When they do appear again I want us to be ready for them. No matter the cost. Toshio gives a small sigh.

"What kind of training do you have in mind, Tora-sensei? Something super cool right?" Toshio's lightened mood today was really showing itself; after thinking he'd be lost forever a little fun could do wonders for the bandaged genin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh! What a busy week I had... Finding out I'm getting sued with four other strangers for a car accident that happened months ago. I really can't stand all this nonsense.

24. - Top - End - #264

Sanma

Finishing up his bowl of ramen, Sanma can't help but gasp at the amount of money his sensei gave him. He blinks, and takes it hurriedly with a grin, his eyes shining brightly.

They had no idea how much he needed money. He felt a bit sad about it. Needing it, that is. He felt dirtied in his pride for this desire. He'd been in such a comfortable environment before. Now, he was just a kid in the street, only saved by the kind Sakada.

"I'd be glad to train now, sensei. What would you teach us?"

He looks at Lani carefully. She was clearly a taijutsu type. Taijutsu was never his forte, but since he had the opportunity to be mentored, then he should probably take it, regardless of his personal desires to master his other techniques.

But he was happy enough. He had money again. Finally he wouldn't spend another night on an empty stomach.
    A Revenant

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Lani

The tiger-dressed woman smiled a devilish smile. Her pearly white teeth spread out in a hopelessly large grin that rivaled the Cheshire Cat. Her voice is a purr mixed with danger, and her words are venom. "I have some ideas.. And they're very simple ones." She pays the cook, and then calmly stands up and walks out. "This way class!"

Lani guides you through the city, through the crowds, and toward the main administrative building. She enters quietly, and nods to the secretary at the front desk. The woman guides all four of you up to the chamber of the Elders. Ihesamo-dono sits at one of the large desks with a scroll in hand. He seems distracted, but immediately looks toward your group when you arrive. "Ah.. Good afternoon, Lani-chan. You're late, again.."

Lani scratches her head and throws on a lop-sided grin. "I'm sorry, Ihesamo-dono, I had business with the vet this morning.. But! I did bring Team 5 to meet you. Genin, this is Ihesamo Kinzen. Ihesamo Kinzen, these are the slackers of Team 5."

26. - Top - End - #266

Sanma

Slackers?! Slackers?! Can't believe she'd say that!

Trying to keep a straight face, Sanma simply bows low before the man, his white hair a bit messy and unkempt after his crazy race and melee right before lunch.

He stays silent, his eyes scanning the room.

Dono? Is he an old mentor of hers? If he is, then maybe he'll supervise us! Or perhaps is she presenting us just so that he'd know how much her hands are full and escape from some tedious administration work.

The man seemed mildly annoyed when he emphasized "again". So this wasn't just a one off, maybe it wasn't training again. Maybe.. another mission?

Sanma scans the man for any apparent weapons, staying fairly still.
    A Revenant

27. - Top - End - #267

Toshio

With a push of his bowl, Toshio stands from his stool and quickly thanks the chief for a wonderful meal. The student follows his sensei close with the rest of the team behind him. He tries to note key buildings they pass, one could never be sure if they would separate for the training. Figuring that the mere stroll through the city was part of the training, Toshio pauses when he sees the administrative building coming up. He gives the rest of the team a worried look.

Are we finally going to get punished for our recklessness yesterday? Was that meal our last before they give us the boot? His Katsugan caught the giddy expression on Lani's face and figured nothing bad would happen. She was smiling when she took Moko into the Emergency room... Toshio gave a small shiver and followed his Tora-sensei in.

Team 5 was led all the way into the chamber, but Toshio didn't realize it until the last moment. "Wait a sec, isn't this where Ihesam-" His words are cut off as the doors are opened and there in front of them sat the unofficial head of Kagegakure...Ihesamo Kinzen.

As a spring, Toshio straightens out his back trying to show perfect posture. Lani's devastating hug from before wanted nothing to do with it. A huge crack resounded from the mummified genin. Trying not show a hint of pain or fear, Toshio bows and greets his idol, "Good afternoon Ihesamo-sama." He tries to look away from the man in front of him, but his Katsugan refused to budge. Does he remember me? Did he ever see me with these bandages on? Now that I think of it...Am I absolutly positive this man is Ihesamo-sama? A thousand other questions race through his head, but Toshio stands there in awe at the man in front of them.

She had to call me a slacker...

28. - Top - End - #268

Ichimaru gave a deep bow, opting to remain silent in the precense of nobility. Sure, he was from a powerful clan once, but no more... to him, to everyone, he was a peasant.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)

29. - Top - End - #269

Sanma

He raises an eyebrow at Toshio's reaction. Ihezamo... Kinzen... Huh, the name sounds familiar. Opening suddenly wide eyes of surprise, he looks up slightly at the man mentioned.

"Hey Toshio-san!!! That's the guy you said you admired earlier!"

He chuckled inside at his little scheme.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-15 at 05:36 PM.
    A Revenant

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The old man before you is obviously unarmed, but then again he didn't need to be armed. He was the de-facto ruler of Kagegakure, and any shinobi loyal to the village would willingly lay down their lives to protect him. His sagely smile belays his importance, and he just looks toward Toshio. "Ah, the Cloud Village boy, am I right? I guess they're good enough, Lani. Though it's obvious that you aren't taking your job seriously.."

Lani sighs and hangs her head low, then quietly thumps Sanma behind the ears. "Don't be disrespectful~!" Ihesamo-dono simply laughs it off. "Alright children. I have your first official mission from the village council. Unfortunately, we're alittle shorthanded so we're going to have to give you a C-rank mission right off the bat."

The old man picks up a small scroll, then looks toward Sanma. "Catch." He throws the scroll toward the loud-mouthed boy, then smiles as he tries to catch it.

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 15 Reflex Save to grab it.