The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    UserClone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Gender
    Male

    Default Staying in the game (please help!)

    Ok, I have recently joined an OoTs-type game in which, in probably the most rash decision I have ever gone with as a player, my dumb fighter (um, accidentally?) beheaded the plot hook. All of a sudden, a very goofy game got very antagonistic. Everyone wants to have him arrested and turned in to local authorities, and one of the players told me that because his character was neutral good, he was obligated to not give me a chance to redeem myself, in the name of good (and I quote) "roll playing" *notes irony*. My question is, is there some way to convince a (mostly) good party to give a poor-decision-making fighter another chance? (Reading the thread might be helpful, but it's understandable to only skim it, as it's five pages long; I think it's pretty funny, though, actually)
    Last edited by UserClone; 2007-11-03 at 05:35 AM.

    Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"


  2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Laurellien's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    "Abandon hope all ye who enter here!"

    Your character is now a dead man walking.
    Fanclubs:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurellien View Post
    Here's a good one

    "We are not working on 4th edition and we have no plans for it."
    -Every single person at WotC when asked
    You sir, win.

    Robin of Whitehills, NG Human Druid IV, by me.


    Carradoc of the Hall of Grond, CG Dwarf Berserker (complex build), by the illustrious Ceika.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    UserClone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    Um...thanksnotforthehelp...not?

    This suit is blacknot.

    Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"


  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kaelaroth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Middle of September

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    Claim that you were manipulated by unforseen forces. In DnD no-one can really deny that ever happened. And that'll give your character some more role-playing power than just "DUMB FIGHTER". Also, your friend is being a jerk. A good character would realise you were most likely confused, and it was an accident (if it really was), and would give you one, if not more than one chance to redeem yourself. He is fishing for undeserved XP, feel angry.
    Last edited by Kaelaroth; 2007-11-03 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

    Dihan-atar

    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Washington, The state
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    Why did you kill the plot hook anyway?

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Laurellien's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    Claim that you were manipulated by unforseen forces. In DnD no-one can really deny that ever happened. And that'll give your character some more role-playing power than just "DUMB FIGHTER". Also, your friend is being a jerk. A good character would realise you were most likely confused, and it was an accident (if it really was), and would give you one, if not more than one chance to redeem yourself. He is fishing for undeserved XP, feel angry.
    The group has only just met, so a total stranger who keeps falling over just killed a (possibly) innocent man.
    Last edited by Laurellien; 2007-11-03 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Removed a remark that was unthoughtful
    Fanclubs:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurellien View Post
    Here's a good one

    "We are not working on 4th edition and we have no plans for it."
    -Every single person at WotC when asked
    You sir, win.

    Robin of Whitehills, NG Human Druid IV, by me.


    Carradoc of the Hall of Grond, CG Dwarf Berserker (complex build), by the illustrious Ceika.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    Kill them all first in "self-defense" when they threaten you.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lord Lorac Silvanos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    IPR Violation
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    Don't you think the Unholy Symbol of Hextor will save Frank?
    All Yours Popcorn are belongs to me truly,
    LLS

    ___________________________________
    Avatar by Ink.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    UserClone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Silvanos View Post
    Don't you think the Unholy Symbol of Hextor will save Frank?
    Um, wow. I...oh, wow. Remind me who is dumb here, me or the fighter. The DM was trying to passively save my butt, and I glossed right over it. Geez. Also, remind me to get you a refill on that popcorn.

    Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"


  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lord Lorac Silvanos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    IPR Violation
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Staying in the game (please help!)

    Quote Originally Posted by FlWiPig View Post
    Also, remind me to get you a refill on that popcorn.
    That is always appreciated, just don't trip on the way.
    All Yours Popcorn are belongs to me truly,
    LLS

    ___________________________________
    Avatar by Ink.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •