New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBT people in the playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    edit: and if you don't mind my asking, how long has it been since your boyfriend broke up with you?
    Just over a month.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Two things:
    1. This thread is absolutely awesome. It gives me hope that people can be nice and accepting of everything and everyone.
    2. I also hve noticed that when you start to come out it tends to accelerate of its own accord: I came out to a few friends (at a party actually, which may not have been the best of times) and a few weeks after that it seemed like everyone in my year knew. I havent told any of my family yet, but I reckon most of them are smart enough to work it out. Actually, my brother frequents GitP as well, so...
    3. Who made the LGBTitP sig banner? It's seven shades of super special awesome cool!

...OK, three things

Oh, and hugs to everyone. *hugs*

...four things
    Dr. Manhattan+tiny Rorshach Avatar by drKarling, much appreciated.
    The Deductive Adventures of Rex Kingdom, P.I. is an awful parody detective serial.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburlaine View Post
    Two things:
    1. This thread is absolutely awesome. It gives me hope that people can be nice and accepting of everything and everyone.
    2. I also hve noticed that when you start to come out it tends to accelerate of its own accord: I came out to a few friends (at a party actually, which may not have been the best of times) and a few weeks after that it seemed like everyone in my year knew. I havent told any of my family yet, but I reckon most of them are smart enough to work it out. Actually, my brother frequents GitP as well, so...
    3. Who made the LGBTitP sig banner? It's seven shades of super special awesome cool!

...OK, three things

Oh, and hugs to everyone. *hugs*

...four things
    *hugs back*

Doihaveaname? made the great LGBTitp banner. The family thing is the same as me, though I think, due to the fact my brother is quite homophobic, he may stay off this thread. (Although he may see my sig!)
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburlaine View Post
    That would be me. I like to go heavy on the symbolism

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

^Cool. Yoink.
    Dr. Manhattan+tiny Rorshach Avatar by drKarling, much appreciated.
    The Deductive Adventures of Rex Kingdom, P.I. is an awful parody detective serial.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Miss T
    Let me just tell I've known I am girl in spirit for a long while, even though I hadn't admitted it to myself. Thanks to this thread I've come to accept I am in fact transsexual/transgendered (not sure of the difference between the terms)

Unfortunately enough, I've been a lot like Vael in the past, going as far as bullying gay/lesbian people, and openly claiming those people would end up in hell. I have even less of an excuse, as most of my family is quite tolerant, or at worst very 'meh' about it. This is why I couldn't admit to myself that I was one of the people I marked as demons walking on earth.
    Dear Miss T,
    First of all, I'm happy that this thread helped you to accept yourself better.
    That makes all I went through this far well worth it.
    Now let us deal with the "unfortunatly" part of your message.
    First, don't take it too hard on yourself.
    You may have done things you now dissaprove, and seems to be suffering from it.
    I say don't. What's done is done, and belongs in the past. There's a whole new road for you to follow now, which will mostly likely bring you happiness and joy.
    So, leave the past where it belongs and move on. You'll feel much better of a person.
    If you feel that you must do something to compensate for your past, join a support group, be it for children with cancer, elder people or other people in need.
    It'll "pay" for your past "mistakes"*.

* They were actions you may have took for not accepting yourself as you where, or due to things you belived, so I wouldn't really call them mistakes.

Hugs, Miss T.

Beatrice.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Miss T-

Making mistakes is something we all. Learning from them, however...

I heard in a psychology class that, interestingly enough, it was more likely that a homophobe, or those who reactive negatively to LGBT people, would actually haveLGBT tendencies.
    Odd, hmm?
    It's easy to hate something you fear. If you've been taught that it is wrong, and yet have that tendency yourself... well, in denying it we may go a little too far.

As for what we've both done-
    Well, accept what you've done and said is wrong. Apologize to the people you offended if you can.
    And then?
    Live in the present. Your past does not make you who you are now. It may follow you, but ultimately, your present life lies in your hands. Take it down the road you want to go.

*hugs*

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

I can honestly stand up and say that I am not gay. I do not find other men attractive in that way. That being said, I am a big supporter of the community, considering that I have no real gender identity and I have many LBGT friends.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm still welcome "here" or not, but I figured I should put that out there.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

9. - Top - End - #159
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Dear Raven, everyone's welcome here.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    Dear Raven, everyone's welcome here.
    As long as they're not equipped with a flamethrower.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Glad to know this community is welcoming. At least I have a new resource to tap for fashion advice...sue me, I have no color sense when it comes to clothing.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

S-o-d-a, Soda

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doihaveaname? View Post
    As long as they're not equipped with a flamethrower.
    ...aww crap.
    *starts walking away from the thread*

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raven T. View Post
    Glad to know this community is welcoming. At least I have a new resource to tap for fashion advice...sue me, I have no color sense when it comes to clothing.
    Don't bother asking me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    ...aww crap.
    *starts walking away from the thread*
    I meant the non-LGBT of course.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, I see. So we only promote pyromaniac tendencies from people who likely been suppressing their identity?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Ah, I see. So we only promote pyromaniac tendencies from people who likely been suppressing their identity?
    They need to dispose of the closet somehow.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Aww...*hugs*

*waves to other AitP's*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

*hugs to all* :)

My support to all of ya in every endeavor! Especially all ya LGBT people .

Shadow in the Sun + Vael - congrats many, many, many, many times.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Why is it all the fun threads start when I can't corrupt them with my insanity?

Bravo for doing what you do, people of the playground!
    While I have been called Asexual (by a lesbian of all people ) I don't count myself among you (your better off without me) I must say
    HUGS FOR ALL!
    and I now claim the right to play matchmaker for as long as it takes to set you up with all my friends.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seffbasilisk View Post
    I'm currently madly in love with my fiancée, but can still see a guy and make note of his smexiness. (Brad Pitt, Meet Joe Black. Watch that and tell me he is NOT gorgeous.)
    'Slike I said a few pages back. I'm 100% straight and even I think he's dead sexy. Meet Joe Black was great, though I was much more interested in Claire Forlani. The one that did it for me was Legends of the Fall. Damn, if he were a girl, he'd have another stalker...
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
    Meet Joe Black was great, though I was much more interested in Claire Forlani.
    I fast-forwarded through the damn sex scene and it still went on forever!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

I am gay and a gamer (not a gaymer, not a fan of that term). I have been varying degrees of out for 5 years (starting with a few friends and now everybody in my huge family knows) and I have had nothing but acceptance. Both of my grandmothers (both over 75) just said that they didn't care, it's not like I was doing anything wrong. I have been in tons of really bizarre situations like hooking up with a straight guy, having my aunt lecture me about acceptance of gay people in schools, dating someone in the closet, having a drunken straight friend tell me he loves me but he doesn't like guys so it couldn't work, having a friend asked if she "has a gay fetish, because some girls are into that", and even being called a homophobe because I said that "Hermes was a little bit of a flamer". It's been crazy hilarious and sometimes really hard. Currently I am the president of my uni's GLBT organization and I am ambigu-dating (where you might be dating, or you might not, no one (especially the two people in the relationship) is sure) an amazing guy. I love my life and I wouldn't change my sexuality for anything.

I'm glad that people can talk here, especially young people, about what's going on in their lives. It would have been nice to have a forum like this when I was 12.

I also should be writing a paper, but I've been perusing this thread. Bad me! Bad!
    You're part of something larger now. It's like you've been eaten...by something larger.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by captain_decadence View Post
    I am gay and a gamer (not a gaymer, not a fan of that term). I have been varying degrees of out for 5 years (starting with a few friends and now everybody in my huge family knows) and I have had nothing but acceptance. Both of my grandmothers (both over 75) just said that they didn't care, it's not like I was doing anything wrong.
    Aw, your friends and family are so understanding about your "alternative" gamer lifestyle.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Is it weird that I'm much more secretive about being a gamer than I am about being gay? Only my truly closest friends know I'm a gamer but, well, it's on facebook that I have a hankering for man-flesh.
    You're part of something larger now. It's like you've been eaten...by something larger.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

...it's on facebook that I have a hankering for man-flesh.
    That doesn't make you gay; that makes you a cannibal.

In all seriousness, I feel compelled to share of myself. I don't like to do this a lot unless people I know ask me specifically because I feel like "you don't know me from the man down the street; why should you care about me?" Maybe, though, if I write it out in one big chunk, I can gain some insight into myself...

I'm decidedly male. That has never been at issue. I've found myself more into mechanical things and sports in the last year or so. I act like a male most of the time. I also find the female form endlessly attractive.

I have a lot of female tenancies, too. Mostly, it involves enjoying the finer things in life...things like a bubble bath while listening to music, the occasional counted cross stitch pattern, emotional mood swings, and a general distaste for the way men tend to take care of themselves.

The latter may actually be because of my mother. As a child, she never forced gender roles on either my sister or me. I grew up getting Cabbage Patch dolls for Christmas along side of a Creepy Crawlers machine. I spent my young days surrounded primarily by women; mom and grandma were the ones who looked after me most often in a home setting and school was a private school with a decidedly larger female population at my grade level.

Basically, all I know is that I have no gender to speak of. I identify as male only because it is convenient for me to do so; I have no real desire to change sexes. Sometimes, though, I wish I could find a little hole to put myself into just for convenience sake. I hesitate to claim this, but I've had people remark that I'm almost a lesbian in a male body.

To me, it doesn't matter in the end. I am what I am and nothing short of a major epiphany is going to change that in the near future.

S-o-d-a, Soda

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

I identify myself as primarily straight. I just wanted to post here to support my friends in the playground, regardless of their preferences or lifestyles.
    Life isn't perfect.
    Banner by kpenguin.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

That doesn't make you gay; that makes you a cannibal.
    Well, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive...

27. - Top - End - #177

Well, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive...
    This R serious thread. Must avoid horrible, horrible pun.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

I feel the need to throw my support out for those of you coming out. I realize what an...intense step it must be (best word available; "difficult" doesn't really cover it).

My mother came out when I was 9. It's kinda weird for a kid, because you really don't know what it's about. "It's when a woman likes another woman." Okay, whatever. And for the longest time it was like that. Whatever. To me it was just the reason why mom lived in a different house.

Lately, though, I've been identifying with LGBT more, since I have so many LGBT friends. People close to me, including (especially) here on this board. One of the few ways to get me angry is to be unaccepting. I think maybe I'm just really protective of my friends and loved ones. >_>

Also...I may or may not rate a 2 on the Kinsey scale. I suppose I'd put more thought into it if it wasn't the most unimportant thing in the world right now, what with the being in love with the most amazing girl I know and all.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground

Burn the stereotype! Kill it!

I'm not gay, I'm a straight male who isn't useless at colour coordination and has a pony tail.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

30. - Top - End - #180

Goff, too, is a straight man who knows how to dress and is proud of his chest hair