New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Genin Encounter! Battle for the pride of Haigakure!

Shimura Shin

Shin held his pose for a second more, and then the serpentine forms hovering above his arms evaporated downwards, disappearing into the air, if they were ever real in the first place. As Kyoshin speaks to him, he turns to the big genin, and gives him an easy grin. "Yeah sure Kyoshin, but just not any time soon, okay?" He looks down at the hand he had pressed to his middle, that has come away mostly red. The slightly darker stain spreading unnoticed in the black-blue of his clothing, Shin notices his red waist-sash has grown more so. That's the last thing he notices before everything goes black. Smiling one second, the next Shin crashes face-first onto the ground of the park.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

Shunrai grins a bit, a little cold water in the face might wake her up faster.

"Good morning again Kurina-sensei. We're currently hovering at an altitude of about 60'. We ask that you please excuse the rough ride caused by being overloaded and hiding in a storm. I'm still not entirely sure it's safe to land yet, we can do that once you assure me you're awake again. Once we return to the ground I can make the weather stop and you can start drying off."

She looks down at the others, glad Kyoshin and Natsumi seem to be alright. Can't hear them very well right now and figures even if she can get a hand free from holding Kurina they wouldn't be able to see her waving from in this mess.

3. - Top - End - #93

Both Natsumi's stand up with a faint sigh. Then drop down gracefully from the roof of the building they where on landing at the same time. Then walk toward the gathering teams. One watches Sayuri walk off, the other shrugs, while looking up at Shunrai and their Sensei. Natsumi A walks over toward Kuro. "Are you feeling better now Kuro-sama?"

Natsumi B moves over to Shin and squats down beside him. Well, she is supposed to be training for this. She reaches into a side belt pouch and removes a trademarked ninja first aid kit, and sets to work, examining him to see what his total wounds are. "If you're awake and just unable to stand up say something." Her tone is rather bland, bed side manner wasn't covered in what little training she's had so far. "Anyone else hurt?" said louder for more to hear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic first aid, so long as Shin is unmoving and/or cooperating
    Procrastination will one day get its due as an art form. I plan to be it's Michelangelo. - Millie

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Kurina

She gives Shunrai a look of a wildcat. A wet and angry wildcat. "Down now. Please. Thank you."

Kuro

Kuro, sitting on his butt among the dirt, just nods. When he notices Natsumi was aiding Shin, he smiles alittle. "Shinobi have to stick together, ya know.."

5. - Top - End - #95

Natsumi A

"With all due respect Kuro-sama." She bows and turns back to look at the memorial. "I think that rule of yours has been bent in in three places today." She motions toward the direction Matasu and Leematsu went, then the direction Sayuri went. "Leematsu and Matasu, are they related in any other way then teacher and student? Was Matasu correct about the name on top of the memorial?" She's a clone, she could look. But could clones anger the dead? She doesn't really want to try, some of those dead are related to her.

Natsumi B

Natsumi rocks back on her heels as she remains squatting looking over her work. "I need more trainning at this.. trainning ends at midnight, starts at sunrise.." She thinks over a 48 hour work day, maybe she could make a jutsu to make time somehow.
    Last edited by AlienRat; 2007-12-26 at 07:01 PM.
    Procrastination will one day get its due as an art form. I plan to be it's Michelangelo. - Millie

6. - Top - End - #96

Shunrai brings herself and Kurina down to the ground slowly, then banishes her shield. "Sorry bout that, but you were making things harder by just laying with your face in the dirt being a target we had to protect, needed to get you away from the fight. You feeling alright?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Kuro

"Leematsu? Ya, Matasu found him outside the village. Poor kid was near death when Matasu healed his wounds. Not really more than teacher and student, but definitely more than you or Kurina. Guess that explains why Leematsu agree-Where are the other two in his squad?!"

Kuro bolts up at that last bit, as if the realization that they were never here just hit him. "Where were they? We have to find them. The Karonatsu clan is loyal to Haigakure to a fault, and I doubt Rin or Min would have agreed to his madness. He might have hurt them."

Kurina

"I'm wet, dirty, and tired. I also have a splitting headache and now I'm goin-Matasu did what now? That bastard! Alright team, we fan out and pursue him. He's got to be injured after that and exhausted, now is not the time to let him recuperate."

Kurina takes some time to examine Natsumi(and her clone), Shunrai, and Kyoshin. She quietly releases a sigh, then turns toward the direction Matasu and Leematsu fled. "I have reason to believe he is working with the Sound. That would explain why they came after us, and how they knew where to find the genin squads. Training is not going to be so fierce tomorrow, but do not get lazy. We have things to do."

8. - Top - End - #98

Both Natsumi's sigh, at the same time, which could get pretty annoying. Both look at a different teacher.

Natsumi B

"Chase Matasu down, or find Rin and Min. Guess it's a good thing you have two teams here." She stands up from her work on Shin and stretches. "But, you don't. Sayuri went that'a way, not exactly my plan with a large angry chuunin and an illusion using student trying to kill us. Then there's Shin." She looks down at Shin, tucking a tray strand of hair back into her forehead protector. "He might be able to help out when he comes too." She shrugs. "If it's a vote, I'm for looking for Rin and Min. Save a resource rather then lose more stopping one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not trying to rush things, I know some of us are off on christmas break. I'm just bored, and a bah-humbug.
    Last edited by AlienRat; 2007-12-27 at 07:21 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

"Well I can't say as I care for Rin and Min, but I gotta agree that saving people sounds better than hunting them. Besides even though our team isn't hurt, everyone is probably a little worn from today"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

"I agree with Natsumi-san and Shunrai-san, Kurina-sensei." Kyoshin says, without much happiness. "Min-san and Rin-san should come first. As far as we know, they at least are still part of the village. And while I do want to go after Leematsu-san, especially while Matasu is weakened, I just... I just don't think our squad is the best one to do that. Not yet."

But we will be. For there IS such a thing as honor, and part of it is knowing when NOT to fight, which is NOT cowardice. Plus... Matasu was rude when he called Shunrai-san a kaminin, when there is nothing wrong with being one, and he called Natsumi-san ugly, which she is not.
    Kyoshin's muscles clench, and he looks towards the path that Leematsu and Matasu took.

But, Mother, I can't fight them as I am now... Even I know that.

Then we will fight them together.

"Did you say something, Natsumi-san?"
    Kyoshin says, with a strange look on his face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

The Rest of the Group

Kurina sighs, a quiet thing that is barely perceivable. She stands up, shakily, and nods her head as she speaks. "Very well. I-I've got to get home. Kuro-sama, please take care of my students." Kurina forms a single hand-seal and disappears in a puff of smoke.

Kuro drags himself off the floor, grunting and stopping at least once to regain his footing. He coughs alittle and slips one hand around his ribs, applying abit of pressure and wincing loudly. "Yup.. Tore those cuts open.. Well, my name is Kyusuki Kuro. And I guess I'm your interim captain until Kurina has pulled herself together. She and Matasu were close, I think she's taking this abit harder than necessary. Can someone bring my student to me? I need to wake him up.."

Sayuri

The bathhouse is what one would expect. A simple structure separated into Male and Female baths. There isn't a crowd, and no one is using the female bath at the moment. The bathhouse is tranquil, exceptionally so.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

Tossed aside like trash. A white cloth bundle of smelly washed up rags all knotted and confused. Being naked cooled her for a hotter fire. Things went slowly with her hair, fingers danced from place to place light as a feather – if she pressed harder it would hurt. Agony was the absent gentle snow so different from pain they never understood. Virtue traced her skin so softly with the washcloth?
    Afraid to breathe while the little droplets crawled all over her body Sayuri wasted a lifetime in every footstep. “Tolerate the rasping wind coarse stone.”
    The water slipped up her left ankle, then the right one. She was the very essence of grace through harsh discipline; lily, glossy ice sculpture.
    Trapped up to her neck Sayuri sank back. Felt her eyelids flutter, whispery not-quite-whimper. “Mmm.”
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2007-12-30 at 04:52 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyoshin seems troubled by something, but what it is is hard to tell. The large genin trundles over to Shin's prone form, and leans down to pick him up. Without a word, Shin is soon laying before Kuro-sensei, and Kyoshin is sitting down cross legged in front of them, concern on his face.

But is it concern for Shin?

For Kurina?

For Leematsu?

For himself?

That... that is difficult to tell. For some reason, he keeps touching his arms, right below each shoulder-blade.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Kuro

The chuunin channels chakra into his right palm, then places it over the boy's chest. His hands glow with a light blue aura, tainted with veins of shadow shooting through his chakra. Kuro winces and releases the chakra around his hands. He still seems unable to concentrate for long. "There.. He should wake up soon enough. I think we should go find Sayuri-chan as quickly as possible. It's best that no one is left alone.

Your mission is one from me, personally. I've got nothing to offer other than teaching you alittle of what I know. Your mission is to find Sayuri-chan and bring her back here, plain and simple. Do you accept?
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    Shin regains (2d6)[7] Chakra, Endurance, and Health.

15. - Top - End - #105

Natsumi sighs, but says none of the words that want to come to the surface. Sayuri, plain and simple... right. She shrugs, her clone vanishing in minor puff of flame, turns on her heels and moves in the direction Sayuri went. Mentally running through the likely places she would go.

16. - Top - End - #106

Shunrai shrugs and heads after Natsumi, wondering how they're going to figure out where the crazy girl that makes no sense would go. "So where would she go? Home seems like a normal choice, so probably not there. A doctor might be logical if she was hurt, but I don't think she was, or would do something logical. I'm soaked in cold water and getting all muddy now to. At least Kurina's food is assuredly destroyed by now"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't be too sure about that, Shunrai-san. Kurina-sensei's methods of cooking are surely unconventional. She may have ways of... saving her... food," for lack of a better term "so that we'll still be rewarded. Though with all three of us disagreeing with her like we did, she might not feel like giving us a reward."

Kyoshin lumbers behind his teammates, his normally easy-going face still disturbed. He spares a glance back at Kuro and Shin, and returns a bit to his normal self, asking, "Should we be leaving those two behind, unguarded and alone?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Shin coughs, and then coughs again, eyes slowly opening. "What..." He looks left and right, and sits up. The world freezes, and shatters. A world of pain is introduced to Shin's ribs and midsection. "Ow." Shin lies back down, carefully. He sees Kuro sitting above him and nearly tries to stand up again before realizing what happened last time he tried that. "Uh... Kuro. Kyoshin. What happened? Did we beat Matasu?" He coughs again. It sounds painful, but it seems to be clearing the blood from his air flow, which Natsumi knows is good.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Kuro

"He escaped. Don't worry about it though, neither of us are in any condition to follow him. I apologize for the incomplete healing, I couldn't concentrate long enough to finish mending your wounds." Your instructor moves to stand in a very slow manner. His muscles visibly tense, a reflex to keep himself from falling over. Kuro reaches into his belt-pouch and retrieves a small red pill, which he hands to Shin after a quiet second of deliberation. "This is a soldier pill. It'll keep you conscious alittle while longer, but don't use it unless we have an absolute emergency."

Spoiler
    Show
    Might as well do a Senses roll to follow Sayuri's tracks in the dirt..
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2007-12-31 at 10:40 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

"You want to keep an eye on them for us Kyoshin? Maybe get them to a real medic. We can always come find you after we strang...I mean find Sayuri" She smiles and goes back to the pursuit, leaving a trail of wet muddy footprints, she wouldn't be hard to follow.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[5][5](10)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. With Kurina-sensei... as she is... I don't think it smart for we three to split. You must admit, we work well together. So while I think it dangerous to leave them, if it is a choice between three genin and another who's with a chunin or two genin, and two with a chunin... I choose the three of us, and I'll just hope there is no difficulty." Kyoshin wonders what it is that is making him talk so much lately. He hasn't said so many words to so many people within the same day... ever.

Protect the flower. Protect the nest. Protect the troop.

Who are you?

I am us.

And then there was that. A leftover genjutsu from the fight? Kyoshin clenches his jaw and tries to ignore it. He follows after Natsumi and Shunrai.

Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[6][1](7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

22. - Top - End - #112

"Kurina-sensei told us to follow Kuro-sama's orders, in not so many words. He asked us to go get Sayuri. You both followed me so lets assume that on some instinctual level you believe Kuro and Shin will be fine. In this instance lets not doubt your instincts, find Sayuri, and get her back as quickly as possable." She sighs, it's not that big of a town, she can't be that far away. She walks on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Senses (3d6)[1][2][5](8) please oh please don't botch!

"And Kyoshin, lets not mention that we're going to look for Rin and Min to Sayuri unless it's needed. It will probably be counter productive."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Shunrai, Kyoshin, and Natsumi

Kurina's Team finds and follows Sayuri's tracks down to the bathhouse with relative ease.

Shin

Shin, however, stays back with Kuro-sama. The chuunin tries rather hard to appear as if nothing was bothering him, but a light wince can be heard everytime Kuro moves. "I heard what happened to your other squad. I knew your sensei when I was a genin.. Good shinobi like that are hard to come by these days."

It's rather obvious that he's trying to pass the time.

Sayuri

You hear the approach of other humans outside the bathhouse. Two lightweights and one very heavyweight.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sayuri-san? Are you in here?" Kyoshin cups his mouth with his hands and bellows politely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

25. - Top - End - #115

Shunrai chokes back a laugh "You know we could just walk inside and see if she's here, it's just the bathhouse" and the tiny ninja does just that.

She calms the storm completely so that she doesn't shock anyone with cold wind and rain in their hot bath, and marches right on in. She even looks like she could use a bath at this point, so nothing strange about her entering other than it's her first time here. She heads for the girls side, might as well not intrude on the other side unless they need to.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

Shunrai doesn’t get so much as an eye blink from the rogue. They’re closed. Lips pressed together Sayuri was obviously trying very hard to believe Brutal Kurina’s team didn’t exist.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-01-01 at 03:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Shin slowly manages to sit up. His feet sole to sole, his legs bent at the knee and flat with the ground, hands in the square diamond of earth, head bowed, frozen as Kuro speaks, his expression unreadable. The tableau goes on for a second, and then Shin turns to Kuro and gives him a brilliant smile. "Yes, you're right, Kuro-sama." Shin turns away for another second, his expression turning unreadable again, and then looks back at Kuro with his piercing dark eyes, drawing his knees up into a kneeling position, and placing his hands on them. "Kuro-sama, I would request your permission to search for Rin and Min."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Kuro

"You fully understand the danger, right? So I won't stop you. Be careful.." He waves off the young genin, then limps over to a nearby bench and drops down on it.

29. - Top - End - #119

Natsumi shrugs at Kyoshin, and walks in after Shunrai. Suddenly reminding her that she too would like a bath, but figures now is probbaly not the time. With a wave at the atendant she walks past.

"Shunrai..." She sighs. "You probably should take off your mud, I mean boots."

She slips out of hers with practiced ease and moves further into the baths. "Sayuri? If you're dead let me know."
    Last edited by AlienRat; 2008-01-01 at 06:01 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, but, er..." Kyoshin wipes his feet subconsciously, and reaches out a hand after his two teammates. But the big genin doesn't move.

"I..." Kyoshin sputters, "I can't... I can't go in there! That's the ladies' side!"

Kyoshin looks at the attendant, momentarily sizing them up, and deciding that discretion is the better part of valor, plops onto the ground in the front part of the baths, to wait.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself