New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Travels Through Time: The Wizard and the Paladin IC

Fezim Aulm

Fezim stopped walking for a moment, but quickly hurried after Celdur. "Once again, that was no lie. Perhaps you should consider my words more carefully, rather than deny them immediately." He took one longer stride, enough to put him in front of Celdur. "I've never physically damage a woman. It's a waste."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur didn't stop walking.

"You just proved my point. You don't care that it would hurt the woman involved, you just think it's wasteful towards those who would use them - like you." Celdur replied, practically plowing through the smaller bodied man.

"That and you wasted no time acting in a selfish manner by making a joke of a serious fellony." Celdur added.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

3. - Top - End - #33

Fezim Aulm

"I simply commented about the irony of the situation. It is by no definition selfish, but if it pleases you to try and define each of my actions as such, I certainly will not stop you." Fezim replied, his thin eyebrows barely moving into a frown.

"As for the woman..." he licked his lips, shrugged. "I am willing to help. Is that not enough for now? How can you expect such an utterly radical change from me? It's preposterous, and your attitude is far from what one would expect for a man trying to change another's."
    Last edited by Annalia; 2007-11-06 at 07:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll make it simple. Repent or you will continue to wear the mark that brands you a victim of justice." Celdur replied. "Regardless of whether or not you have or will change, you will start now, or you won't at all. I am not about to follow a lost cause - maybe once you show some promise, I will contemplate helping you further along your journey of redemption."
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

5. - Top - End - #35

Fezim Aulm

Fezim scoffed and shook his head. "You've yet to believe much less controversial declarations from me, Celdur." He looked up at the paladin, the mocking smile still etched on his feature. "Certainly, I could say it. Tell you I regret what I did to her, and to others. We both know, however, that you'd scoff and accuse me of selfishness, of saying so only in order to get the mark removed. So, really, what is the point?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur wore his father's mocking smirk in reply to him, drawing an almost ironic satisfaction from using it against him. "The point is, Fezim, that Pelor grants me vision with which to see the truth. You could say it once or a thousand times, but only when I see the truth in your words will I release you."
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

Fezim Aulm

"He certainly seems useful, though it is a shame you so rely on him. What will you do the day Pelor abandons you?" Fezim paused, but only for a split second. "Not that I mean he will actively do so, but even powerful gods sometimes fail or are blocked."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Pelor has taught me to stand on my own two feet for my own beliefs. I do not rely upon him, but merely take solace in his wisdom." Celdur explained.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

Fezim Aulm

"If you say so." Fezim replied nonchalantly. He let a moment go by, still following Celdur. "My dear Celdur, we both know that any sign of repentment from me at this moment would be a lie."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur sighed, but shook his head. "I know it would be. But at the same time, I wonder how long it'll take before you actually start trying."
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

Fezim Aulm

"Perhaps I will someday stumble upon someone important enough to make reconsider my choices, but until then I see no reason to guilt over them. It's very simple: I enjoyed it." Fezim barely hid the smile as he moved to another subject. "You realise, I'm sure, that even without my Enchantments I can be quite destructive. At least if you accept for me to stay around you, you will hold a certain control over my actions."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur sighed. "Broken bones, burns and bruises heal. The kind of psychological wounds you inflict on people do not. Some would say you're worse than an army of bandits."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

someone arrive with the face cover a hit Celdur
    Sorry mister he starts to run
    oohh yeah a lot of money that's what I except from a paladin

Celdur have no more money

14. - Top - End - #44

Fezim Aulm

Fezim ignored the little man almost completely, glancing at the likely dirty thing only long enough to be glad he hadn't be touched. "As long as one doesn't say I am a bandit." he comments with a bit of disgust. "Unlike that man who just ran away." he added with a smirk.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think Fezim has just grown eyes, because that's a nice Spot Check for once. (20!)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

the thief stop under a flat roof and throw the little bag full of money to a child on the top of it was it easy?, oh yes I can see this , there is a fortune inside that bag said the kid
    oh yeah, I never seen a sucker like this and then both of them disappear
    Last edited by calijames; 2007-11-07 at 10:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Fezim

Fezim raised an eyebrow as both disappeared. "Unless I'm mistaken, that was your money bag." Fezim looked at the spot where the two had disappeared. "Curious. They could afford rings allowing them to simply vanish, but decided it good to steal passerby."
    Last edited by Annalia; 2007-11-07 at 11:12 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Suddenly someone scream BECAREFUL OF THE WATER and by a trick of destiny Fezim, and him ONLY, received a bucket of used water on him
    Last edited by calijames; 2007-11-11 at 10:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Fezim Aulm

Fezim's first reflex upon hearing the shout is to look up - after all, one should always look at who he is talking to. It is a reflex, however, he quickly comes to regret. He can only stand still - shivers of disgust running up and down his spine - as used waters rain down on him. For the first time, Fezim's smirk is entirely gone - it disappeared with his dignity.

It takes a moment for him to recover some calm, and his usual coolness. "Charming." he declares, stepping back from his current spot to avoid getting caught again. "A good thing not all my favourite spells were Enchantments." He smirks and chants a few simple words, his hand hovering inches above his dirty hair and clothes. In the span of a few seconds, Fezim is clean, dry and good-smelling again - unlike the ground in front of him.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur frowned as the smaller humanoid took his coin purse, and turning about, he pointed a single hand towards the fleeing thief, chanting words of magic.

Channelling holy energy into the spell, Celdur smiled weakly as two rays shot forth from his extended palm, aimed for the escaping criminal.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scorching Ray
    Ranged Touch Attack (Ray 1): (1d20+8)[6](14)
    Ranged Touch Attack (Ray 2): (1d20+8)[11](19)

Channelling two 'turn undead' attempts with the divine metamagic feat to use 'Non-Lethal Substitution' on my spell without increasing the spell level.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, forgot damage.

Scorching Ray
    Ray 1 Damage Roll: (4d6)[2][3][2][5](12)
    Ray 2 Damage Roll: (4d6)[1][2][6][6](15)

All Non-Lethal.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Fezim Aulm

Fezim raises an eyebrow as he watches the fire rays erupt from Celdur's hands towards the little thief. "Now that is quite an interesting spell, though certainly not among my favourites. Directly damaging your foe often is not the best way to win a fight - especially for someone who likely does not wishes to hurt them. Where did you learn arcane magic?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

(This is based on the 27 damage I did putting him below 0:)

"I didn't hurt him. He's just unconscious." Celdur said, walking towards the thief's downed form. "And I didn't learn. I've always known - like an innate ability within me."

(If the 27 damage didn't put him down..)

"I didn't hurt him." Celdur said, heading after the thief. "And I didn't learn. I've always known - like an innate ability within me." Explained the paladin, before raising his hand to blast the fleeing human once again.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celdur gives chase (30ft) after the thief, blasting at him again with the same spell. (Will do attack rolls/damage if necessary.)
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2007-11-15 at 06:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Fezim Aulm

"Comes from the blood, then." Fezim concludes, eyeing the thief but not stepping forward himself. "If your magic is innate, that would explain the choice of spells."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

"My choice in magic differs to that of my father's. I'm more of a straightforward and practical approach - spells necessary to fit the occasion."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Fezim Aulm

"I hardly see how Evocations will fit most situations. They are not versatile by nature, and rarely serve out of a battle situation. Unless you tell me your life is nothing but a succession of fights, of course, at which point I will concede you may find Evocations to be of moderate use."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

The ray came in the back of the kid and hit him a little he starts to faint and drop the money of Celdur but before he goes down the other thief take him and run be sure we'll be more prepared next time showing the sign of Pelor that had Celdur

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    KID=40-15=35HP they both gone now so you cannot attack them anymore but maybe you can ask around if someone know them there is the blacksmith, the magic shop, the market and the tavern around
    Last edited by calijames; 2007-11-17 at 05:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Fezim Aulm

Fezim watches them both disappear with a raised eyebrow. "Next time, huh?" he whispered with a smirk, before turning to Celdur. "Well, I have no desire to stay in this alley. It still smells of used water, and is hardly where we will find any information on those two."

Lifting the lower part of his robes, he took a few steps away from the stinking pond. "What now? Escaped rapist or holy symbol?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

"As I stated before, dear Fezim, the rapist was merely a test. To prove that you have still yet to change your ways and means. As for my symbol, it is quite important - but I do have other things to attend to beforehand. Farewell, Fezim." Celdur explained, walking ahead and rapidly away from the robed wizard.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Fezim Aulm

Fezim watched Celdur go for a moment, before hurrying after him. "Farewell?" he repeated softly, a disappointed edge to his tone. "Must I understand, then, that you will not give me my chance?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The insincerity radiates from you like heat from the sun. Once you are truly ready to redeem yourself, come and find me. Until then, don't waste my time."
    Spoiler
    Show