New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Travels Through Time: The Wizard and the Paladin IC

Fezim Aulm

"Yes..." Fezim let a moment pass by before explaining more clearly. "I have one such spell, but it will only affect one of us. You will have to carry me." It was clear from his tone that he did not appreciate the idea much.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

"As witnessed by your discomfort at riding Fang, we all need to make sacrifices to accomplish our goals. Cast the spell, please?" Celdur requested politely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

3. - Top - End - #183

Fezim Aulm

"Of course." Fezim replied in a pleasant tone, immediately beggining the spell. As he cast, he took out a long, yellow feather, no doubt belonging to an exotic bird. It floated for a moment in front of him, before vanishing in a puffy mist. When all traces of the feather were gone, Celdur felt much lighter.

"Fly is a very simple spell." Fezim started, his voice ever-so-slightly condescending. "You can control your movements mentally and go in any direction you wish. With that armour of yours, your speed will be immensely reduced, but that will simply stop you from running straight into the prismatic wall, hm?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

Celdur nodded, ignoring his condescending tone. "Right. I'm ready when you are."
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

5. - Top - End - #185

Fezim Aulm

"I'm not sure what makes you think I am not." Fezim replied, shacking his head to put the blond locks back in place. Entirely uncomfortable with the idea of being grabbed by Celdur, he fully intended to wait for him to act first.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

"Just link your hands around my pauldrons and hold on." Celdur instructed, turning to face his back to Fezim.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187

Fezim Aulm

Fezim nodded, and linked his hands around the Celdur's shoulder plates. He was glad the paladin had his back turned, for he had to stand on tiptoe to do so, and even then had trouble linking his hand firmly.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

Celdur willed the spell upward and over the wall after he was sure Fezim was securely holding on.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

When Celdur arrived on the top of the wall, a rainbow color ray touched him.
    Fezim saw the ray coming and move behind Celdur and used him as shield.

Spoiler
    Show
    damage of Celdur: 41, damage of Fezim: 20

10. - Top - End - #190

Fezim Aulm

Barely resisting the urge to remove his seared arms from Celdur's shoulders, Fezim winced as he curled up behind the much taller man. "Down, Celdur, down!" he called. "That thing came from a spear. It's probably a trap." He hung on more tightly, hoping very dearly there wouldn't be a second beam like this.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

Celdur cried out in pain as he was struck with the full force of the beam, pausing in his flight forward to pant heavily.

"If I go down, we're back where we started with a wall in front of us. What can we do? We either progress through this route or come up with an alternative." He concluded, asking the wizard for his opinion.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Fezim Aulm

Letting out an exhasperated sigh, Fezim calmly answered in a low voice. He knew he wouldn't need to speak any louder, since Celdur's ear was only a few inches away from his face. "My dear Celdur, is it too much to ask that you think by yourself a bit? Simply fly a few feet forward, thus getting past this charming wall, and then you go downward."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

"And if there are is another trap between us and the ground on the other side? Can you survive another strike?" Celdur asked.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

suddendly the spear which were on the ground raise and approach Cedlur, and a voice said:
    So you really want to cross that bridge? there might be a problem

the long spear prepare to attack on the side to get Fezim.

Spoiler
    Show
    1d20+5=20 damage=1d8=5

15. - Top - End - #195

Fezim Aulm

"Uugh." Fezim banged his head once against the back of Celdur's armour, fighting against the pain. That is it! I can only fix my robes so many times in a single day.." "Celdur, I'm afraid your marvelous hammer is stuck between me and you. Meanwhile, that spear is creating viscious holes in my clothings. Would you hold on my left arm for a moment?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

"What in the divines?! The spear has a voice!"' He called, startled. He only glanced about in time to see it strike Fezim, however.

Doing as Fezim asked, he held his left arm - all the while channelling his divine power through it.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celdur casts Cure Light Wounds on Fezim. (1d8+6)[8](14)
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197

Fezim Aulm

"Yes, I noticed the spear's voice, thank you." Fezim remarked in an irritated tone. It changed quickly enough, though, when he felt the healing spread through his arm. In a strangely quiet voice, he repeated "Thank you."

Using a knee to push himself away from Celdur, Fezim tentatively turned around. The stretch in his arm wasn't comfortable, but he would never be able to aim with his face in Celdur's armour. His free hand dived for one of his pocket, out of which he took out a strange grey powder.

A moment later, Fezim's voice was rising high in the mountain pass. The grey powder slowly formed up, taking the shape of a clear, transparent orb. On a mental command, it flew forward and into the spear.

No sooner did the orb flew away did Fezim once again push himself off Celdur. Keeping as much to the right as he could without falling over, he informed the paladin in a pleasant voice "I am giving you about six seconds to grab your hammer. This is an incredibly uncomfortable position."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shooting an Orb of Sound at this thing. Lesser.
    Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20+7=21, Sound Damage: 5d8=34.

Also, a much needed Initiative Roll: 1d20+6=14. If Celdur's lower, Fezim will delay until after his action.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-02-18 at 08:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

"Got it." He replied, readying his hammer from his back. Spinning about to position himself between Fezim and the spear - before raising his hammer and readying to fight.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My action was to cast the healing spell, but here's my initiative:

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=4217
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

ouch said the spear, it went down. First a transparent man appear, then his shape were clearer and finally you could see the tall man with Lime robe and blond hair holding the long spear

he took a handfull of clay and start to incanted suddendly, Celdur had difficulties to think properly and to speak properly

Spoiler
    Show
    So the turn will be Fezim, Celdur, the man.
    Ranged touch attacked:23 if he touch Celdur, he have to make a Will save
    Last edited by calijames; 2008-02-19 at 01:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Fezim Aulm

"Hey, look Celdur. It'd seem the spear not only has a voice, but an owner." Fezim commented with a smirk. It lessened somewhat when he identified the spell being cast, and how incredibly harder this would become should Celdur fall to it. "Hum, Celdur... Do tell me you still have a mind to call your own."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a +23 to Spellcraft (+2 for Enchantments), I just can't fail to identify an Enchantment, no matter the level. And, geez, I used to be pissed at you for the Aura of Resolve. Don't we love it now?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

Celdur - now content he could see his enemy - brought his hammer down upon him with a great strength.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll 1: (1d20+13)[8](21)
    Damage Roll (Attack 1): [rollv]1d12+1d6+7[/rollv]

Attack Roll 2: (1d20+8)[12](20)
    Damage Roll (Attack 2): [rollv]1d12+1d6+7[/rollv]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Fezim Aulm

As Celdur swung his greathammer around, Fezim did his best to remain out of his way. "Need a hand?" Quickly twisting his left arm around one of Celdur's pack's straps to get a better grip before letting go entirely of his right arm.

He couldn't help but close his eye as he slid mostly off the taller man's back, and wince as the strap gave a sharp tug. It was irritating his arm's delicate skins, but there was no other way. From now on, Fezim Aulm, you must always, always prepare two flying spells. For now, try to hang on and not fall.

Heaving out a sigh, he once more reached for his spell component pouch. Out of it came a green scale, quite obviously of draconic nature. "This, Celdur, is a spell you should find quite interesting. Highly recommended, once you grow powerful enough to cast it."

It was hard to tell whether or not Fezim was serious, especially without seeing the expression - a mocking smirk - on his face. Without waiting, he slapped the dragon scale on the back of Celdur's neck and pronounced the magical words. For a split second, the paladin's skin took a slightly green colour. It vanished quickly, however, leaving only the feeling of renewed strength and energy behind.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Draconic Might for the Win!
    +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution, Strength and Charisma.
    +4 enhancement bonus to Natural Armour
    Immunity to sleep and paralysis effects
    All this goodness lasts for 10 minutes - 100 rounds. XD

Also, calijames, you should consider regular Climb checks for Fezim - something like DC 10. I mean, I'm supported partly by Celdur's shoulder/back, but hanging like that could lead to... falling. Yes, I'm aware I have 55% chances of failing such a check. Thus, I shall point out Celdur gets a Ref Save to catch me. And that without Fezim, he's most likely on light load and would have a 60 feet speed.

Now, in case you're agreeing with all this... Climb check - (1d20-1)[11]
    So scared at this roll.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-02-19 at 09:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

while Fezim start to pronounce the arcane word the magician stard to slowly fall on the ground and stop moving.

24. - Top - End - #204

Fezim Aulm

Quickly stopping his spell before he loses it from memory, Fezim watched the arcane caster fall down. "It would seem that this particular spell will have to wait." He commented, before trying to grab a more secure hold on Celdur again. It took him a few times, but eventually he was holding himself with both arms again. "Perhaps you should consider landing and making sure that man doesn't die."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

"My weapon is enchanted to be non-lethal, that man can't be dead." Celdur explained, floating down to inspect the body of the unconcious being.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206

Fezim Aulm

"Interesting." Fezim commented, letting go of Celdur the moment his feet touched the ground. Although it was not customary for Fezim to let any real emotion show, there was no mistaking the huge sigh of relief.

Letting Celdur approach the wounded man, Fezim instead distractedly inspected his left wrist, where the backstrap had been tight around. "I'm sure you will agree, Celdur, that two fly spells will from now on be necessary. This little escapade has been a nightmare on my arms, without mentioning the spearholes. There is, one must admit, only so much a protection spell can keep away."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

On the ground the magician was smiling on the back.
    so Nüral was right I'm to weak he cough and blood get out of his mouth, he look at Celdur and Fezim
    You know you gonna die here, even if I have to die for that.

28. - Top - End - #208

Fezim Aulm

Fezim tisked, approaching the bloodied sorcerer. He made sure to always keep out of blood-spitting range, considering his robes sullied enough for a year or so. "Now, I really doubt that. Perhaps you'd care to explain more thoroughly why we cannot survive?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

The wizard still smiling and said Just because of that, he turn on the side and a small button was there and suddenly the ground start to move and big stone start to fall from the top of the mountain
    this is a farewell

Spoiler
    Show
    please make 4 reflex save please

30. - Top - End - #210

Fezim Aulm

Fezim's smile vanished for a moment, and he glanced at Celdur in dismay. Why can't I ever have a teleport spell ready when needed? Instinctively retreating towards him, he let out "Aah, beautiful irony pursues me still."

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex1 - (1d20+7)[23] 23
    Reflex2 - (1d20+7)[18] 18
    Reflex3 - (1d20+7)[27] 27
    Reflex4 - (1d20+7)[22] 22
    Those better be good... I want to live.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-03-01 at 01:36 PM.