New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Frostbite (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Frostbite (IC)

You enter a grand audience chamber. The ceiling stretches up at least 100, made of arched white marble. Seats upon seats stretch out before you, of the finest oak, and cushions of a cloth light and fine, and stuff with only the downiest of down.
    Though you have visited many audience chambers, none have this vast awesomeness, with the exception of a few of the gods. A small stage sits out in front, but as you travel down the aisles, you realize that the auditorium is much, MUCH larger than you though, and the stage is actually huge, at least a hundred feet across, most likely more.
    As you look away from the awesome architecture, you notice the dozens of other adventurers walking down the aisles with you. They range all shapes, sizes, races, proffessions, and ages. Few catch your eye though; mainly three Albino, white-haired half-elves, two male, one female.
    There's also two men, one in huge, shining plate armor, the other in purplish robes.
    Two elves, both female, stride down the aisle with hand-crafted bows that gleam green in the right light.
    The other person that really stands out is a 8 foot tall man in huge, black, spiked plate armor. He carries a large greatsword strapped to his back.
    Aside from those people, only three others.

OOC:Post your characters reaction to this. The 'other' people are the other characters, with the exception of Eviscerator, which the Mercanes have already hired/built/found/thingy and bring him on stage.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Frostbite (IC)

Jinx

Jinx, a halfing dressed in bright colors with a bright blue cape, sits on a bench. He kicks his feet against the bench in front of him. He begins to talk to anyone around him.

"Great Room here... kinda big. So what brings you guys here? Anyone know the pasty skinned elves?"

When no one immeadately responds he begins going through his pouches to see what he has.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator
    (much rather then the discription: the illustration:)
    Spoiler
    Show
    full view:

view of a medium size creature, standing 30 ft away ...

The huge adamantine warforged answers with a hollow voice slow voice.

"Their names are unknown to me."

he looks around in the room, noting the architecture ...
    Last edited by qube; 2007-11-08 at 08:41 AM.
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

Standing just over 3 ft at the shoulder, Gnaf may not have been the first to be spotted, but he is definitely one of the most notable creatures in the room. This grey worg looks a bit out of place in this hall of splendor even if there is no way someone could mistake it for a ranger's wolf companion. Perhaps it is the small cloud if ion stones orbiting it's head, or the boots and bracers that cover its limbs, or just its purposeful pace down the aisle that proclaims that is as qualified to be here as the others, but there is no mistake that this beast is its own master.

Gnaf shakes his head as he walks toward the stage. He had met with chieftains, knights, and heros but he had never met someone this rich. This room alone looked to be worth more than all but the largest of the cities he had visited in his travels. These people obviously prided themselves on having the best, which was why he was here. As he neared the stage he began looking for where ever he and the others were ment to wait. I'm sure anyone who spends this much on an audience chamber has arrangements for non-humanoid.

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ki'Zanne

Walking with her hands in the opposite sleeves of her robes, Ki'Zanne pursed her lips as she entered the hall from the far left entrance. 'Grandeur taken to the next level,' she thought as she started to walk down the aisle. It wasn't difficult to note the great amount of diversity in the people heading toward the stage. Ka'Zanne gravitated toward a group who looked to all radiate a competant curosity.

She paused close to the dais, nodding to a worg that stood relatively close by and then smiled at the halfling. "Simply responding to a summons, much as you are I imagine."
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

6. - Top - End - #6

Spade

Spade, a human in mithral armor with a longsword at each side, looked around him, analyzing his surroundings. I've been to various throne rooms...but this something else all right. How did these guys amass that much resources?
    He looks around. A warg, a warforged, albino elves...This was going to be interesting.

((Sorry for my lateness))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator

As the huge golem looks around, 2 black holes in the helmet - probably his eyes - fall upon the worg. Noting the many accessoires the magical beast carries, he asks

"I was not aware your kind was ... intelligent enough to become ... evolved. Does my Knowledge Base contain gaps or are you an ... diffrent then your kinsmen?"

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

The worg pauses in mid-step, and glances up in surprise briefly at the warforged before recovering and continuing toward the stage.

"You speak...

Well, I suppose we all learn things every day. I for one have never met a sentient construct before. I am Gnaf, hero of the worgs. Your mistake is a common one. My brethren may not be as clever as the orcs, but we are not dumb beasts."

9. - Top - End - #9

Jinx

Jinx slides off his seat and positions himself between the big metal man, and fuzzy talking wolf.

"Can't we all just get along? I mean no one needs to fight not the big metal thing-a-ma-gigger and not the fuzzy wolfy worg."

He pulls out a decanter from one of his pouches.

"They said this was a decanter of endless water, do you want to see if it's really endless?"

He starts to turn over the decanter.

10. - Top - End - #10

Ki'Zanne

Ki'Zanne smiles and shakes her head and crosses to the bench Jinx just vacated and climbed up on it, gathering her robes closely around her. "Do so if you feel you must. Will you also be prepared to clean it up as well?"

-Walt Disney

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator

the metal man directs his attention to the halfling and speaks

"Am I not ... getting along?"
    if not for the monotone voice, one would hear supprize in his voice

"I ... did not mean to. I was mearly questioning my own data entegrity"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

"BWHAHAHAHAOOOOOOOooo haha, heheh..."

The worg wipes paw across his face as he begins to calm down and then addresses the halfing standing in front of him.

"Little morsel, you're something else. This fluffy wolfy and metal thinging were just having a big grown-up get-along chat. Now, call me a fluffy wolfy worg again and I'll eat you. Sentient meat isn't my thing, but I'm willing to consider making an exception."

We really need an OOC thread...
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2007-11-10 at 10:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator

@Gnaf
    "I see that you still share primitive roots with your kinsmen"

The huge warforged redirects himself to the halfling and tries to pick him up by the collar and lifts him to the height of his face (20 ft high) (if your resist, he won't try again, and yust speak).

"Your kind ... halfling ... " he sais analysing. " it is unwise to locate yourself within my path ..." then puts him gently down on his original location

14. - Top - End - #14

Jinx

He looks fascinated by being picked up by the huge metal what ever it is. And then he hears the words from the Worg.

"Wow that was kinda fun "Big E", can I call you Big E? would you mind? You wouldn't really mind now would you? Oh yea and don't worry about me, I might not look like it but I can take care of myself. By the way my name is Jinx.

He offers Big E, a little hand shake. He turns and looks at the angry worg.

"Hey now Mister.... Gnaf. What kind of name is Gnaf and where do you come from? Do you know where the big metal guy comes from?

He turns and looks at nice lady who hasn't yelled at him.

I might hold of on checking that out, but it wouldn't be hard to clean up water dries by itself."

He looks around at the large room.

"Does anyone know when things are supposed to start around here?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator

"Big E. ... fine by me. and I come from ... back there."
    The warforged signals to the entrence port, because of the monotone tone you can't quite makeout if he's joking or dead serious.

He also returns the shaking hand gesture with a finger.
    "I think you will know when it begins when in begins"

Not having anything else to do, he looks around a bit. His hollow eyes fall on Spade. Recognizing the man as a warrior (the 2 swords are kind of a giveaway)
    "Excuse me, but what kind of warrior are you ? ... you seem to be missing ... plating."

16. - Top - End - #16

"Ah. Well, I happen to practice a combat style of my own invention - I have my students refer to it as steel tempest. Quite efficient in using two weapons simultaneously, but it relies greatly on speed and agility - to the point where wearing heavier armor would be detrimental." He seems rather pleased to expound on the subject. "I go by 'Spade', incidentally. To whom (and, if I may ask, what) do I have the honor?"

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

17. - Top - End - #17

As the last of the heros enter in, the huge mahagony doors at the back swing shut. All the light is blacked out. Almost instantaneously, the room is lit by hundreds of lights, from the various people who didn't have the ability to see in the dark.
    A large light canceled all of the other lights out, and illuminated the stage. A tall, blue skinned creature walked out, dressed in voluminous robes, with jewels, and fancy silks, and other, incredibly expensive attire.
    It looked around at the huge amount of heros gathered.
    "How many of you have heard of the Garrote?"

OOC:
    OOC Thread
    Roll a knowledge (The Planes) check.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

18. - Top - End - #18

Jinx

"Psssst Big E do you have any idea what he is talking about?"

Jinx sits down on the stairs while seeing if anyone else might know.

Spoiler
    Show

knowledge the planes (1d20+1)[21]
    Last edited by burntsolace; 2007-11-10 at 11:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator / Big E

@Spade
    "I am Eviscerator ... apparantly also known as Big E. I the common language, the closed word that describes me is 'golem'. 'warforged' is also close, but I differ on many area's from common warforgeds ...
    Inderesting way of fighting, but I'll need to see it in action before comenting on it
    "

When the light starts to shine, the automaton directs his two holow eyes to the stage.
    (taking 10 on the untrained knowledge check, gives him 11)

Without looking on the halfling, he anwsers the question
    "A strangling device?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

The worg, still slightly amused, ignores the loud provocative halfling and briefly ponders the question. (Takes 10 on untrained check for 17)

21. - Top - End - #21

Spade

"A pleasure to meet you then, Eviscerator. I must admit, I wasn't aware of the existence of sentient golems..."

(d20+3)[8]

22. - Top - End - #22

Ki'Zanne

Still standing on the bench, the human woman watches the interaction between the halfling and "Big E" with an amused smile. When the lights come up on the stage, she blinks and turns her attention there.

(taking 10 untrained = 12)

-Walt Disney

23. - Top - End - #23

The creature on stage raises an eyebrow. "Raise your hands if you think you know. Take a guess, at least."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Jinx

He looks around and really wants to raise his hand and venture a guess. But there is a part of him that nags at him and asks if that would really be best in the sense of self preservation.

"Hey Big E do you want to make a guess? I be tthey couldn't miss you raising your hand with you being so tall and stuff."

25. - Top - End - #25

Spade

"Well, a garrote is a type of weapon, designed to strangle opponents" Spade reflects out loud, though he doesn't raise his hand. "Since you were referring to the Garrote, one might assume either a specific one that had acquired enough notoriety to justify the definite article...or, alternatively, a person or group calling itself the Garrote. Given that garrotes are commonly used as assassination tools, one might be tempted to make certain assumptions concerning an organization that named itself after them...but of course, this is all speculation."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator / Big E

Eviscerator slowly raises his hand (but because of his size his hand still moves at conciderable speed) ...
    "A strangling device?" the gaint proclaims with his emotionless voice.

27. - Top - End - #27

The creature on stage points to Spade. "Very good young man." The creature sighs and looks down. When it looks back up, it begins speaking. "The Garrote is an assassin's guild of extraordinary level. My associates and I seemed to have.... angered it. We do not know what we did, but it has started killing us one at a time. Only three of us are left. We have a group of allies on the Elemental Plane of Snow, but we cannot teleport into their domain, we must travel through the vast miles of snow to reach our destination. We're asking for your protection, paid for by a hefty sum of gold, jewels, land, or anything really. Does anyone want to join?"
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Jinx

"Ooooo Oooooo OOOOOO!"

Jinx jumps up from his seat on the steps and begins skipping down the stairs.

"Pick me! Pick Me! I have never been to the elemental plane of snow before. I think it might be fun! Pick me? Pick me! PICK ME!?!??!?!?!?!"

He gets down to the bottom the stage and hopes that he gets picked.

29. - Top - End - #29

Ki'Zanne

Intrigued and curious, Ki'Zanne finally steps down from the bench. "I would assist in this expedition," she says with a slight smile on her face as she walks closer to the front of the stage.

-Walt Disney

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

"And I will offer my service. I have long wished to visit other planes of existance."