Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 253
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Liam

    "Calm down Zerkz." Groans Liam in a tone slightly less convincing than usual. "Just because he isn't much more polite than you are doesn't mean he's hiding something." He then turns toward the council and adds "I would, however, like to know why you are taking efforts to fortify the town when the attacks are being made against the foresters."

    EDIT: Nevermind, a few minutes too late.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2007-11-12 at 10:06 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rogue 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    "As long as I'm getting paid, I don't care much for your motivations. I can't say I'll attack innocents and noncombatants, but I'll make sure that the Goblins stay away. That's what you're paying me for."
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    "Just cause they're hittin the foresters know, doesn't mean they won't be hittin the town. Better to spend a little extra on defense, then to be pullin daggers outta your kids bellies. Besides, this way, if anything bigger than a goblin tribe comes outta the storm, they're a little more prepared to deal with it."
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Zerkz

    Zerkz watches Faram's explosion with a bemused expression, allowing him to vent and storm out.

    I thought the vein on his head would explode. Some men do not react well to confrontation. Fortunately for you, we professionals know how to handle a challenge.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

    Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

    PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

    Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

    Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    playswithfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Kleitos

    If everyone could calm down for a minute, I'm sure the question about the goblins' motivation was intended to provide us a rudimentary psychological profile of our opponents that could garner us an edge in either combat or negotiation. No offense or implication of lack was intended. Quietly, to Zerkz, Do calm down a bit; I need the money for this job. Also, phrasing's important if you want an answer.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+9)[26] Diplomacy (big man)
    (1d20+9)[13] Diplomacy (Zerkz)
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Liam

    "Great, we've been employed for less than an hour and you've already managed to get one of the people employing us to wish they hadn't. I'm going to go make plans for how to fight the goblins effectively. Try not to get anybody else angry with us." After saying this, Liam leaves the building and heads toward the inn.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2007-11-12 at 10:29 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    "Please excuse Faram. He can be somewhat hot-headed at times. Now, unless there is something else you'd like to ask, I believe we can ajourn this meeting." Arius pauses for a moment to make sure there are no more questions, then rises from his chair. "If you'll excuse me, I have buisness to attend to." He makes his exit further into the house. The remaining council members each stand and excuse themselves as well, leaving through the front door.

    (It's hard to make Diplomacy checks on people who arn't here. Faram's already left the room.)
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-11-12 at 10:40 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Zerkz

    Excuse me for speaking plainly, but if that blowhard had his way, we'd all still be back at Reach begging for supper. Now, if you don't mind, I have an early appointment with some goblins in the morning.


    Exit stage left.
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2007-11-12 at 10:38 PM.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

    Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

    PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

    Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

    Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rogue 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    See Kardrak's earlier actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    After collecting your pay from Mr. Argant and a servicable map from the Captain, you all are able to find the inn the Marik mentioned with relative ease, as its the only inn in town. The place is a small, well-kept two story wooden building with a sign hanging over the door depicting a man dangling by one arm over a cliff with lettering under the sign proclaiming this the Over the Edge.

    Inside, the common room is mostly empty of people. A few patrons sit here and there, drinking and talking with friends. Unlike most dock-side taverns, the place looks entirely reputable, but then this is an out of the way farming town, not a bustling port.

    When you inquire about the price for a room for the night from the bartender, you find out that rooms are five silver pieces a night. There is plenty of time left in the day still to track down any gear you may want to buy, as it is only early afternoon.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-11-13 at 03:49 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rogue 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Kardrak'll sit in a chair, order a beer and some dinner, and talk with anyone willing to strike up a conversation. If no one talks, however, he'll stay silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Zerkz will purchase some adventuring equipment: Rope, backpack, bedroll, flint+steel, torches. Then, he reports to the inn and tries to scare up a game of darts with anyone who will play him. If he loses, he'll falsely claim that he's never played the game before.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

    Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

    PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

    Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

    Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    After renting a room for the night, and stowing his gear, Felonius is going to dig out his Smithing tools. Coming back down stairs, he's going to nod to anyone in the common room.

    "I'll be at the forge if you need me"

    Exiting the inn, he'll then proceed to the forge and see if there is any place he can assist. He'll spend the rest of the day there unless someone comes and gets him.
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Liam

    Hmm, apparently aside from the farming representative these people are calmer than most. Thinks Liam as he enters the inn. He purchases a drink, preffering flavor over alchohol content, and asks the bartender "Do you know if there's a library or some similar place in town? I'm one of the ones who've been hired to handle the goblin problem, and a bit more informationon what to expect is never a bad thing."

    If the bartender tells him that there is one, he'll pay for his drink and go to the library to look for information, both about the usual actions of the goblins, and if there are any dragons or related species on Broken Edge. If there is no library, he'll compete with Zerks in the dart game.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2007-11-13 at 04:21 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Zerks: One of the patrons, accepts your challenge. Make a 4 ranged attack rolls.
    Dart1:(1d20+3)[9]
    Dart2:(1d20+3)[17]
    Dart3:(1d20+3)[4]
    Dart4:(1d20+3)[13]

    Kadarak: Meal will be three silvers. It consists of fresh bread, stew, and your choice of drink. The stew is quite good, althoug you couldn't say what kind of meat its made from.

    Felonius: When you enter the shop, the sound of hammering on steel is deafening. A brawny woman in a leather apron and rough shirt stands over the anvil, rough-shaping a spear point with a heavy hammer and tongs. A young boy, apparently an appentice, works the bellows to keep the coals hot and their temperature steady. The woman returns the cooling metal to the heat, then turns to you. Raising her voice to be heard over the whoosh of the bellows, she says "What do you want?"

    Liam: "Library? Nothing in town like that. What use would we have for one? As for the goblins, I know about as much as anyone does. Anything you need to know?"
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-11-13 at 04:27 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Stopped in to ask if you needed any assistance, and if not, if you got a spare forge I could set-up at." He holds up his gear, "Just got in off the boat, and its been awhile since I've pounded some metal"

    He nods at the boy before moving to examine her work.
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Dart 1 - (d20-1)[14]
    Dart 2 - (d20-1)[8]
    Dart 3 - (d20-1)[16]
    Dart 4 - (d20-1)[6]

    A tie! Not bad considering this is my first time playing. You're not half bad, though. Play again, the loser buys a round?
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2007-11-13 at 04:46 PM.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

    Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

    PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

    Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

    Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    "I could use the assistance. I'm backed up with orders from the town guard since this goblin problem started. Let me see what you can do, and maybe I'll give you some work. See what you can do with finishing off that spear head."
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-11-13 at 04:37 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Liam

    "I'm mainly wondering what kind of tactics they use in combat, assuming anyone has whitnessed them. I would also like to know if there have been any actions taken by the people of Broken Edge that the goblins have shown a strong distaste for." states Liam, hoping to gain some insight on what to prepare for.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    "Spearhead eh? Haven't done these in awhile." Grinning the dwarf is going to spin his hammer in his hand before grabbing his tongs and stepping up to the forge.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Craft(Weapon)(1d20+10)[16]


    "So, these goblins everyone seems to be worried about, what's the story?"
    High Ref and Recruiter for the PvP Arena.

    Characters for the Arena: || Snake || Yoshi || Todd

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rogue 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Zerkz's third dart quivers in the wood next to Kardrak's head-
    "Nice throw, Zerkz."
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    If he agrees to the challenge, I'll manifest metaphysical weapon on my next four darts:

    Metaphysical Dart 1 - (d20)[20]
    Metaphysical Dart 2 - (d20)[8]
    Metaphysical Dart 3 - (d20)[2]
    Metaphysical Dart 4 - (d20)[19]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Too slow Rogue 7, had a brain storm and revised my idea. Also, if the guy doesn't agree to my challenge, no darts are thrown at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue 7 View Post
    I dunno, that two might still count...
    Touche.
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2007-11-13 at 04:53 PM.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

    Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

    PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

    Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

    Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rogue 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno, that two might still count...
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Spoiler
    Show
    But not the NPC's natural 1 on HIS third dart? Granted it is effectively a four, but it's still a fumble.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rogue 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Spoiler
    Show
    Missed that one. I'll just say I was eating and missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Zerks: "Sure, why not. I don't mind a free drink." The patron, an older man with greying hair and steady hands, collects the darts and throws again.
    Dart1:(1d20+3)[21]
    Dart2:(1d20+3)[22]
    Dart3:(1d20+3)[9]
    Dart4:(1d20+3)[19]
    "Looks like this round's on you, my friend."

    Liam: "For us to know what tactics they use, we'd need to have survivors. We haven't had more than short encounters with the goblins, at least not until the started killing anyone who went near the forrest, so knowing if they dislike anything we're doing would be kinda hard."

    Felonius: She talks as you work. "The goblins started killing anyone who near the forest about a month ago. At first, people just vanished without a trace. We thought they might have gotten lost in the woods, but then our best hunters disapeared. Then everyone thought that it might be some kind of storm-spawned creature carrying them off. We stopped letting anyone go to the forest alone, and made sure no one went too far in. Then, about a week ago, we found the forresters. They were out cutting wood for the cold season, but they never came back. We found the bodies this time. They'd been stabbed to death by spears. That's when they started construction on the pallisade. The work parties take a contingient of guards with them when they have to cut more logs, and no one thinks of going into the woods anymore."

    When you finish with the spear head, she examines it carefully. "Not bad work, for a show off. You'll do."
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-11-13 at 05:49 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyozo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Liam

    "I suppose that makes sense. I thought there might have been more minor conflicts before this started. Usually there is at least some form of noteworthy anger or threat before senseless murder of everybody who comes within a certain area." he says after hearing the bartender's reply, then after a moment of considderation he adds " If there haven't been any survivors who've seen the goblins fight, how do you know that the goblins are responsible? Have the goblins done anything to indicate that they're the ones behind the attacks, or is there simply nobody else it could be?"

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Liam: "The bodies of the forresters were found stabbed to death by small, stone spears. Who could be using those but the goblins?"

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    playswithfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Kleitos

    Arriving shortly after the others, Kleitos found the dart game the most immediately entertaining thing in the tavern and watched the match with interest. Seeing Zerks' loss, Kleitos quickly steps up to the victorious patron.

    Like my friend said, he's new at this. Mind giving me a chance to cut his losses? One round, double or nothing. To make it worth your while, I win: you buy 1 round for me and my friend; you win, I buy the three of us two rounds and you can tell us how else a man has fun in this city, deal? Kleitos retrieves the darts from the board and steps to the line thinking Well, I may be buying, but eh, all in good fun and I owe Zerks a bit any way for dialing back his speech to the council

    If he accepts and Zerks doesn't stop me:
    (1d20+2)[18]
    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d20+2)[9]
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-11-13 at 07:39 PM. Reason: saw how I threw
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Storm <Team One>

    Kleitos: "Your on, although this is all the fun in this town right here."
    Dart1:(1d20+3)[10]
    Dart2:(1d20+3)[18]
    Dart3:(1d20+3)[4]
    Dart4:(1d20+3)[20]
    "You two should come here more often."
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-11-13 at 08:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •