New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Two requests, a large project and an avatar

Greetings artists! I have a request to make, actually two requests. I am not at all an artist myself but I would like some artwork done for my favorite homebrews.

The first is the Martial Artist for the Avatar D20 project. It consists of eight styles based off a certain philosophy, four of which are based off elementals and the other four are based off animals. Basically I would like OotS-style artwork for each style, you don't have to read the class if you don't want I'll give you a synopsis here:
    • Dragon Scholar - A Warrior who favors straight swords and is taught to strike true and hard, trained to emulate fire. They are scholars as much as warriors, holding intelligence above all else, including strength. They are master tacticians.
    • Hawk-Eye Sniper - An archer who is a master at picking out targets far away and making incredibly accurate shots. They embody the sharp eye and quick precision of the hawk. They are well known for making many quick shots following a sniping shot that failed to bring down its target.
    • Mantis Blade Fencer - A warrior who embodies the patience and quick jabs of the mantis. These warriors are well trained in the art of counter attacks and parrying. Their greatest weapon is their patience.
    • Mountain Protector - A warrior who favors large, powerful weapons such as the axe. They embody the strength and resilence of the earth, being able to absorb deadly blows as well as giving them. They are the most powerful, yet lack mobility, preferring to stand strong in one place and let their enemies come to them.
    • Ocean Sentinel - A warrior who favors spears and quick weapons for the purpose of counter attacking. They are the greatest counter attackers, preferring to trick their opponents into attacking them so they can make numerous hits against them, embodying the relentlessness of the ocean. These warriors are not afraid to be hit and see scars as a sign of a great master.
    • Serpent Strangler - A warrior who favors his fists above all, focusing on grappling and wrestling his opponent. They embody the great strangling and constricting ability of snakes to crush their opponents. They are quick and deadly, but the most physically strong.
    • Tiger Blade - A warrior who favors smaller, dual-wielded slashing weapons and fierce attacks. They train to embody the fierce slashing of the tiger's attacks, preferring to charge their opponents and slash out with many attacks. They are the most fierce, rash, and bloodthirsty.
    • Wind Warrior - A warrior of mobility who favors dexterous weapons and quarterstaves especially. They embody the quick movement of the air and are always dodging and leaping out of the way of attacks and then lashing out with a quick spurt of numerous attacks before dodging back again into defense.

You have full artistic license with your creations as long as they fit the style as even above. For anyone who takes on this big project, I will have you know that I plan on using the art submitted for my free pdf for the Avatar D20 system. This will be artwork protraying the styles and extra works will be scattered around as appropraite in the document. By submitting artwork to this project you are agreeing to let me publish it in a free public document, you will of course be recognized by your given GitP name, though if you wish to be recognized in another way, just PM me.
    Thanks a lot!

My second request is a lot less work and probably pretty easy, I want an avatar of a light blue Globble (my homebrew ooze race). Here is the description:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tataraus View Post
    Gobbles look like blobs of tinted water, which varies from light to dark tints of blue, green, purple, and red. Males are blue or red while females are green or purple. Gobble have floating organs that are just as translucent as the rest of their body, though some are more opaque. The most noticeable of these the the "eye" which looks like a solid, round ball which is opaque in color of the Gobble's tint. This "eye", though it does contain their light receptor, is more than just an eye. It contains the reproductive juices and the brain. Males and females do not have reproductive organs, but instead produce unique acidic juices that combine with pieces of the mating couple's outer membrane create a new Gobble. In addition to the "eye", a Gobble's other more visible parts is the "arm". Each Gobble has an "arm" blob that is a gelatinous blob of dark opaque matter, colored like the rest of its body, though much darker. This arm can extend out of the Globble's body as a manipulator.
    If he could be holding a crystal ball with swirling colored light in it that would be great, thanks.

If anyone who agrees to work on either request needs more explanation or clarification, I'll be glad to answer.

Thanks again!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Two requests, a large project and an avatar

Greetings artists! I have a request to make, actually two requests. I am not at all an artist myself but I would like some artwork done for my favorite homebrews.

The first is the Martial Artist for the Avatar D20 project. It consists of eight styles based off a certain philosophy, four of which are based off elementals and the other four are based off animals. Basically I would like OotS-style artwork for each style, you don't have to read the class if you don't want I'll give you a synopsis here:
    • Dragon Scholar - A Warrior who favors straight swords and is taught to strike true and hard, trained to emulate fire. They are scholars as much as warriors, holding intelligence above all else, including strength. They are master tacticians.
    • Hawk-Eye Sniper - An archer who is a master at picking out targets far away and making incredibly accurate shots. They embody the sharp eye and quick precision of the hawk. They are well known for making many quick shots following a sniping shot that failed to bring down its target.
    • Mantis Blade Fencer - A warrior who embodies the patience and quick jabs of the mantis. These warriors are well trained in the art of counter attacks and parrying. Their greatest weapon is their patience.
    • Mountain Protector - A warrior who favors large, powerful weapons such as the axe. They embody the strength and resilence of the earth, being able to absorb deadly blows as well as giving them. They are the most powerful, yet lack mobility, preferring to stand strong in one place and let their enemies come to them.
    • Ocean Sentinel - A warrior who favors spears and quick weapons for the purpose of counter attacking. They are the greatest counter attackers, preferring to trick their opponents into attacking them so they can make numerous hits against them, embodying the relentlessness of the ocean. These warriors are not afraid to be hit and see scars as a sign of a great master.
    • Serpent Strangler - A warrior who favors his fists above all, focusing on grappling and wrestling his opponent. They embody the great strangling and constricting ability of snakes to crush their opponents. They are quick and deadly, but the most physically strong.
    • Tiger Blade - A warrior who favors smaller, dual-wielded slashing weapons and fierce attacks. They train to embody the fierce slashing of the tiger's attacks, preferring to charge their opponents and slash out with many attacks. They are the most fierce, rash, and bloodthirsty.
    • Wind Warrior - A warrior of mobility who favors dexterous weapons and quarterstaves especially. They embody the quick movement of the air and are always dodging and leaping out of the way of attacks and then lashing out with a quick spurt of numerous attacks before dodging back again into defense.
    I would be really glad to take up the first half of this project. My awesomesense is tingling like mad.

First things first: do you have more information on sizing/formatting? I know you said we have full artistic license over what we do, but having such an open-ended request makes me edgy.

Second, what time do you need these pieces by? I work terribly slowly; it might be some time before they're all posted up.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemician View Post
    I would be really glad to take up the first half of this project. My awesomesense is tingling like mad.

First things first: do you have more information on sizing/formatting? I know you said we have full artistic license over what we do, but having such an open-ended request makes me edgy.
    Any format would be good, though I think JPEG works best. I don't exactly know what sizing, but I've got some one else doing the benders so if you could match the size that would be great. And I don't mind different styles as long as their within the OotS style.
    Example Art:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Firebender by Rockbird (I'm sure he won't mind me posting it here)

Second, what time do you need these pieces by? I work terribly slowly; it might be some time before they're all posted up.
    Get them to me at least by mid-January, take your time I'm not in a rush

Also, I would like at least one piece for each style alone, but other than that any mixtures of styles or anything really you can do. If you need any suggestions for poses and such just ask. And thanks a lot!

Anyone else who is interested in helping, your welcome to I'll take all the art I can get! And if anyone wants to make some larger art of benders and/or martial artists fighting, that would be awesome.

Also, still looking for someone to make the Globble avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Is this okay, or do you need a background ?

Last edited by Mad Mask; 2007-11-11 at 06:30 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I did something for mountain protector, but I just found out that it has to be in OotS style. Oh well. Here it is anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry to:
    -neophyte's game
    -gladiator players
    -tlotb readers
    -irc 4e game dudes
    -tooth and claw

apologies for flaking out of all that stuff

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Is this okay, or do you need a background ?
    Backgrounds are not needed.

@ Abardam - That is very good, but I'd like to keep it OotS style.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

These were very fun to draw, I hope this is how you meant it.

Its.. the Order of the Ooze!

Battle Gloop!

Arcane Gloop!

Shadow Gloop!

And bigger
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Yeril; 2007-11-11 at 07:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeril View Post
    This was very fun to draw, I hope this is how you meant it.

Spoiler
    Show
    YES!!! Fear the charismatic blob! This has to be the best race I've ever created. I've always want to play an Ooze. That is awesome Yeril, Thanks a lot! I'll be using this after NotCon is over.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Which pieces of art are done already/ being worked on?

Becouse I am really curious, and I want to do something like this, becouse this´l be my first non-humanoid piece of art!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Which pieces of art are done already/ being worked on?

Becouse I am really curious, and I want to do something like this, becouse this´l be my first non-humanoid piece of art!
    Only what you see here so far. I have yet to see any other works. Of course, I am patient, so take your time!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm, I tried the Ocean Sentinel.....btw, do you want it with or without background/see through sky(white sky).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I personaly don't like this very much, so if I get some time Ill re-do him.
    But heres my wind warrior.

Wind Warrior - A warrior of mobility who favors dexterous weapons and quarterstaves especially. They embody the quick movement of the air and are always dodging and leaping out of the way of attacks and then lashing out with a quick spurt of numerous attacks before dodging back again into defense.

Last edited by Yeril; 2007-11-14 at 04:53 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, nice Yeril, though....you can see through the heads with the first three.......that isnt ment I guess?
    And well, pretty good, what d'ya guys think of my Ocean Sentinel?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Background or none is fine, you do it any way you like. And Dakota, I've seen some of your other work and I must sat you are definitely improving, that Ocena Sentinel is great! Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

@^ Yeah its intended, I wanted to try and make a "realy quick blurry movement" type image but it kinda looks silly, yours look alright but your guys head needs to be bigger, and the body abit shorter.

with paint to get the right size of detail the head should be a 150x150 pixel circle, and the body should be 150 pixels long and the legs down to the bottom of the feet should be 150 pixels long.

to get the Oots style just right, the character needs to be this big;

The body width is mostly determined by what they are wearing, the one shown there is for heavy armor like roys but for lighter armor like Hinjo or Elan, its abit thinner.
    Last edited by Yeril; 2007-11-14 at 09:50 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Straight out of the oven(again)!(hopefully its better now

(Sorry, forgot the hair, ya dont mind, do you?

And smaller, without background.

(if you mind, I'l put hair on both of them )
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Guess which one it is

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    *snip pic*
    Guess which one it is
    Very nice! Thanks

And Dakota, very good Ocean Sentinel, thanks!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, here's an avatar for the ocean sentinal, but it seems I have repeated previously done work (again!)

and the dragon scholar:

and the hawk-eye sniper:
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2007-11-14 at 04:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

OrcBarbarianGuy

It's the strangler by the way, not to sure about how it turned out.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post

Well, here's an avatar for the ocean sentinal, but it seems I have repeated previously done work (again!)

and te dragon scholar:
    Very good, don't worry about repeats, I would rather have a large selection and worry about having to not include some than too little. I'll definitely have room for more than 2 of each style and I'd like to get a variety of artists as well. They different poses and unique touches are great. I especially liked how you've made the Ocean Sentinel a woman. I expect most will be male, but its good to have females as well.

Edit: @ Malfunctioned, nice take on the strangler, I like it a lot!

22. - Top - End - #22

OrcBarbarianGuy

Edit: @ Malfunctioned, nice take on the strangler, I like it a lot!
    Somebody....likes me? *Wipes away tear*

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, sorry Malf, nobody likes you, HE only likes your art

And, the Mountain Protector. This is the first thing of PC art, that is shaded and that I have made, so please tell me how the shading went!
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2007-11-15 at 12:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

24. - Top - End - #24

Just to assure everyone that I'm not dead, (and also to make sure I'm not going on some completely wild tangent that ends up in a final product far different from what Lord Tartarus wants), I'm posting my WIP for the Mountain Protector here first.

Does it work for you?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemician View Post
    *snip*
    Very good! Keep at it, I'm excited to see the finished product.

26. - Top - End - #26

I was working on the Mountain Protector, got distracted, and started working on the Tiger Blade instead.

Therefore, today we have this:

I'm not really happy with the mouth, but it'll do for now.

Colours are somewhat conjectural. I can rework it to match the palette of the one Threeshades drew, if you want.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

You guys have been doing great and I really appreciate your help. However, I would prefer if you could make your artwork at least 275 pixels high or greater. The smaller works are a little too small and become pixelated when increased in size. If you could resize your previous art (if necessary) to fit this requirement that would be great, thanks!

Edit: Also, I would really like some cover art if anyone is up to it. It should be sized to fill a 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of paper in good quality, preferably in more realistic or semi-anime style depicting at least the iconic characters of Aang, Katara, Zuko, and Toph while bending their respective elements in full-color. References below if needed. You have artistic license in this artwork as well. If you do take on this task I must remind you that only 1 piece will be chosen, though a second piece might be included for the last page. If you do choose to submit a cover page, please include your signature in some for with it, the signature may be included in the art or a separate picture, it does not have to be your real name if you don't want to, but it will be used to recognize your work.

Thanks,
    -Lord Tataraus

Cover art reference pictures:
    Aang, Katara & Sokka:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zuko:
    Spoiler
    Show

Aang:
    Spoiler
    Show

Katara:
    Spoiler
    Show

Toph:
    Spoiler
    Show

Official Art
    Fan Art (Wallpapers) - Warning: extremely image intensive
    Screenshot database

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I would like an shot at the cover but, first I need a few qeustions answered :

They are copyrighted, so isnt putting art of them on front of an (online) book illegal?

I really would like some style or move that I could use for the art, for my brains are not that inspirational A.T.M. . For Aang(I didnt knew you spelled his name that way) or Zuko.

Any particular color for the background?

Please say the measurements in inches, since paint(Yes, I use the simple sucky paint, but hey, it works!) to my knowledge only makes measurements clearly and quikly that way, or did you already? You didnt say Inches or centimetres or something, only 'one page big'
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Hey, I would like an shot at the cover but, first I need a few qeustions answered :

They are copyrighted, so isnt putting art of them on front of an (online) book illegal?

I really would like some style or move that I could use for the art, for my brains are not that inspirational A.T.M. . For Aang(I didnt knew you spelled his name that way) or Zuko.

Any particular color for the background?

Please say the measurements in inches, since paint(Yes, I use the simple sucky paint, but hey, it works!) to my knowledge only makes measurements clearly and quikly that way, or did you already? You didnt say Inches or centimetres or something, only 'one page big'
    The measurement I gave is in inches, just a standard sheet of paper, but making it larger to increase resolution doesn't hurt. Try to make the background a lite color, there will be text on it.

Also, as a tip, I would suggest giving Gimp or Inkscape a shot, they're both free and a very good at organizing, even if you just use it as you would paint.

As for the copyright issue, as far as I know you can't just take their art and copy-paste it together, but you can make a drawing based off their artwork. My uncle is a lawyer who runs a patent agency and the laws are pretty close, I'll ask him over thanksgiving to be sure.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't think anyone's tried this one yet:

Edit: bigger
    Last edited by Simius; 2007-11-20 at 04:40 PM.