New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default So, did Parson break the rules of reality? Is Erfworld sentient?

Parson being able to say **** you is as I suddenly was able to fly.
    Erfworld probably has a "god," some force which creates the world, or something.
    Or, maybe Parson has turned into Neo and is the "One."
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks for the awesome avatar goes to Djinn_In_Tonic. Thanks!

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    -Voltaire

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: So, did Parson break the rules of reality? Is Erfworld sentient?

Quote Originally Posted by Erts View Post
    Erfworld probably has a "god," some force which creates the world, or something.
    The Titans? Definitely.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I...think he's a less powerful version of Neo with an army and two arkentools (if he can shut the tool up and make him listen). That's rather destructive.

And I think he's booped off the Titans as well.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Nay. Parson is in his own way a Tool of the Titans. But now he is no longer just a Tool... What might this all mean?
    Hello world. . .

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I already posted this on another thread, but maybe...

Spoiler
    Show

I was thinking "I am a player" is a cheat code, activates god mode maybe?
    My previous character's last words.

-We use the dead goblin's body to check for traps
    -That thing doesn't look so tough
    -What do you mean you'll need more dice?
    -Hey, who cares? The Raven Queen's an idiot....

Main Cookie Smelter for the Miko deserved it guild

6. - Top - End - #6

IMO Parson was bound by "natural thinkomancy" to obey Stanley, not swear, etc. It has already been stated that natural thinkomancy *can* be broken, sort of like a suggestion spell, it takes willpower/motivation.

"Players" are those not bound by thinkomancy to obey others.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Here is something to think on about the Titans. Might the titans also be "constructs" of Erfworld just as the people are? And there is someone off in the shadows that really started everything off?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Wanda warned Parson that he would lose so much more, and I think it has already begun.

The sword was never the source of the ruthlessness. It was a placebo that encouraged him to embrace what Maggie noted was already inside Parson.

The censorship was likely an intentional hurdle of Erfworld's to steer Parson towards ruthlessness and train him.

It angered and annoyed him, and finally he tossed aside his prop sword that killed none of the mountains of dead surrounding him. He angrily cursed Erfworld and believed that he had gained a degree of freedom. Erfworld let him curse, so that it could start training him in something new.

The titans just took off his training wheels. Nothing more. It has always been Parson's beautifully ugly mind that has been the nuke in Gobwin Knob's arsenal.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Who knows for sure? Parson's a unique unit. He's a bit of a question mark at times.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zael Zuran View Post
    It angered and annoyed him, and finally he tossed aside his prop sword that killed none of the mountains of dead surrounding him.
    He croaked one unit... the ram thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

The ram thing was croaked by its rider, who was mindcontrolled by Maggie.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ave View Post
    The ram thing was croaked by its rider, who was mindcontrolled by Maggie.
    Nah, dude's sword was up, then flew into the air when she hit him with the blast. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of damaging blast as he had blood on his face afterward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by the_tick_rules View Post
    Who knows for sure? Parson's a unique unit. He's a bit of a question mark at times.
    So his stats now read "2nd [assuming he didn't level up] level chief warlord, special (includes censorship override)"?
    In Dungeons and Dragons, racism is frowned upon, unless you're playing an elf. Then it's an interesting character trait.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

I do think Parson killed the "ram-thing" and the dude maggie shot at was David Bowie, as he had a lighting kind of thing painted in his face, it was not blood.
    But on the topic, Parson did not break the rules fo reality, I mean.. what is reality, what is it made from? Who decided the rules, he don't know. Maybe he realized that "Liberty" ("Freedom") is a word fed by human dreams, meaning that no one can explain what it is but there is no one that doesn't know what it feels like.
    He realized he is not a pawn, nobody is, they just kind of want to be in someway (fear?), and that thinkamancy nudged it forward

I hope you guys understand the message and ignore my bad, bad, english.
    Panis et circenses

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by WoodStock_PV View Post
    But on the topic, Parson did not break the rules fo reality, I mean.. what is reality, what is it made from? Who decided the rules, he don't know. Maybe he realized that "Liberty" ("Freedom") is a word fed by human dreams, meaning that no one can explain what it is but there is no one that doesn't know what it feels like.
    He realized he is not a pawn, nobody is, they just kind of want to be in someway (fear?), and that thinkamancy nudged it forward

I hope you guys understand the message and ignore my bad, bad, english.
    This is the best explanation I have heard so far. Nobody post anything without reading this again before posting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

I think it means that parson is starting to brake the chains that confine erfworld. If the titans have a part in this, then they probably hope to use Parson to change the face of erfworld. the whole world is about to change, and it is up to Parson to decide where it will go.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliomancer View Post
    So his stats now read "2nd [assuming he didn't level up] level chief warlord, special (includes censorship override)"?
    Where did you get the idea he's second level? His LEADERSHIP score is 2, but I don't believe his level has ever been mentioned (or if he even has one).
    He that knows little repeats it often.