New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: Shadows of the Last War (IC)

Zag'rat looks back and notices a dwarf following them through the crowds.

(Za only)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are the dwarf. Feel free to jump in and take over anytime.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-10 at 10:58 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

"Slow down guys, I don't know where you're all going!" Za calls out from behind the group. She might be short for the natural form of a changeling, but Zag'rat needs to get his eyes checked by another artificer if he actually mistook her for a dwarf. Apart from a bulging coin purse, having washed her clothes, her eyes having both been changed to different unnatural shades of green, and her hair turning jet-black, she doesn't seem to have changed a bit.

[ooc]I had a whole post about just how she was disguised as a dwarf, then I looked up Zag'rat's Spot check and realized he's just suffering from momentary blindness.[/ooc]
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat was going to voice his concerns about their persuer to Arzeal when the figure spoke in a familiar voice. Squinting again at the "dwarf", he realised that his paranoia had made him overlook the strangeness of this dwarf, and he now saw some familiar features of their missing companion, Za.

"Oh Za! It's good to see you. Garrock went to go find you, but you found us instead. We went to the message station and someone had attacked the worker there and stolen a message from Lady d'Vown intended for Garrock. She must have heard of the attack, as not shortly after that an owl dropped off a message asking us to make haste to the Broken Anvil. We're heading there now."

Bolstered by another friendly face, Zag'Rat increased the pace towards the inn.

4. - Top - End - #64

{OOC: Just holding to make sure Garrock and everyone else is still with us, then I'll move us ahead to the tavern.}
    The Tangled Web

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

"Za, where have you been? It has been quite a while. What the devil have you been up to? or do I not want to know?"
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

"I just heard about the attack and came to find you. I hope Garrock doesn't waste too much time at my place..." Za explains. "Mind if I see the message?" She adds. "And as for what I've been doing...no, you don't. Bwahahahaha!"

[ooc]Bluff - (1d20+8)[14] She actually hasn't been doing anything that's even remotely sinister, but she has her own reasons for hiding exactly what she's been doing.[/ooc]
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

The warforged shrugs his large adamantine shoulder,

"I think Garrock has the actual missive with him, sorry. He can probably show it you when we get to the inn."

Sense Motive - (1d20+1)[3]

He laughs along with Za, completely confident that she would never get herself into anything untoward and the very thought is laughable.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2007-12-11 at 02:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

(I'm still here, just waiting to arrive.)
    Last edited by Rigel Cyrosea; 2007-12-11 at 06:43 PM.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

9. - Top - End - #69

Broken Anvil Tavern

Garrock swoops down and joins the rest of the group as they approach the Broken Anvil. It is located in Mason's Tower, carved into a bend in the tower wall. Inside, everbright lanterns at either end of the room provide flickering illumination. A round table is set to either side of the entrance, and three longer tables are scattered throughout the room.

Today the Broken Anvil only has one customer, a woman in a worn brown cloak. She sits at a table at the far end of the room. As you enter, she raises her hand as if to cast a spell, then stops and pulls back her hood. Despite her disheveled hair and the dirt that covers her face, you recognize her. She is Elaydren d'Vown of House Cannith, the woman who hired you to explore the depths of Sharn.

{OOC: Everyone, make a Spot and Listen}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-11 at 07:19 PM.
    The Tangled Web

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

Spot - (1d20+9)[18]
    Listen - (1d20+9)[28]
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

Garrock

"Lady Elaydren. What has happened?" Garrock says, taking her changed apperance. He quickly limps towards her, his cane tapping on the floor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[7]
    Listen (1d20+1)[8]
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

"Hello, Lady d'Vown. It's a pleasure to meet you again...despite the circumstances." Za says. Apparently, she's decided that tact will get the group payed more.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat liked to defer to Garrock and Za when in social situations, as he had found his logical, sometimes detached sense of perspective oft-times put people off. But he was confused at their greetings of their contact. He mused to himself while looking around the room,

And here I would have thought addressing a woman obviously out of her element and in such a new sort of look by her proper name would have been out of place. I'm glad I let them do the talking...

Spot - (1d20+2)[15]
    Listen - (1d20+3)[18]

He merely inclines his head towards the dingy woman as he makes his way towards the table she is at, then thinks of a question for her,

"Would it be better if I stayed near the door and watched for anyone coming? Do we need fear the proprietors overhearing our discussions?"

14. - Top - End - #74

Broken Anvil Tavern

When the matronly innkeeper emerges from the kitchen to tend to the guests, Eladyren dismisses her with an imperious wave of her hand and calls the party over to her table in the northeast portion of the room.

"Quickly, quickly!" Elaydren calls in a strained voice. "Thank Olladra that you're here. There is no time to waste."

Elaydren lifts a leather backpack off the floor and places it on the table. The leather is worn, but its brass fittings are still bright. It appears light, almost empty. "There is no time to explain." Elaydren says, her fear-filled eyes darting from you to the door and back again. "Instructions, gold, and supplies are in this pack. Take it and go. The letter in the left-hand pocket explains everything, but you must go now! Trust me. If you can accomplish this task, the reward will be vast."

(Zagrat Only)
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are no other patrons in the tavern to worry about overhearing.

As you tally near the door, you see a warforged, wearing loose robe-like clothing almost running through the crowd, and coming towards the door of the tavern...
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-11 at 11:50 PM.
    The Tangled Web

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Torn between curiosity at what secrets the bag might hold and his enhanced paranoia of late, the artificer takes one last look out the window before intending to head towards the table and starts at another of his kin rushing towards the inn.

Reaching for his shield behind his back, he hisses through clenched metallic teeth to his companions,

"A warforged in robes approaches quickly, likely another of the Lord of Blade's minions! Za, pretend to be the Lady and move to another table with Arzeal and Shaerdon. Garrock stay with Lady d'Vown. Maybe we can have the upper hand for once."

Pushing himself up against the wall next to the door, he tries to blend into the surroundings while readying his heavy adamantine fist to bring it crashing down on this newcomer, hoping the robes bely a less than martial background.

Hide - (1d20-6)[8]

Spoiler
    Show

Do the robes have any special markings on them that I might recognise? Feel free to make any necessary Knowledge/Spot roll to save time. Course, I only have ranks in Arcana and Architecture, so I dont know what I would recognise.

16. - Top - End - #76

Broken Anvil Tavern

The warforged Zagrat sees appears to be wearing the robes of a cleric, and the symbol of the Sovereign Host.

Zagrat barely has time to spit out his warning, before the door bursts open and the warforged comes rushing in. Zagrat slams his fits down at the back of the warforged's head and the loud CLANG of metal striking metal reverberates through the tavern.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have caused much damage, if any. The newcomer turns and slams his own fist at the center of Zagrat's chest, causing another loud Clanging sound. And again, the damage seems to be minimal, if any at all. It appears that there is a stalemate between the two forged. Both seem to be enhanced with superior adamantine plating.

Before any more blows can be exchanged, Lady Elaydren speaks up "STOP! Both of you! Upwelling, these are not enemies, they are the adventurers who retrieved the relic."

The new warforged looks to Lady Elaydren and says "We must depart immediately. I was racing against our enemies to reach you. They will be here in moments."

At that moment, a sinister voice, and a familiar one at that, speaks. "I'm afraid you have no moments left." Standing in the doorway is Saber, the warforged who attacked you in the ruins of Dorasharn.

{OOC: And with the setup complete, I turn the control of Upwelling, warforged cleric, over to Seffbasilisk, our new player. Everyone give him a warm welcome over in the OOC thread.}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-12 at 12:49 AM.
    The Tangled Web

17. - Top - End - #77

{OOC: Oh, by the way... ROLL INITIATIVE!

I'll have our first map up first thing in the morning. For now, most of you are near Lady Elaydren near the back of the tavern. Zagrat and Upwelling are next to eachother, near the door. Saber is in the doorway itself.}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-12 at 01:11 AM.
    The Tangled Web

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling
    HP: 10/10
    AC: 20. FF: 20. Touch: 10.
    DR 2/Adamantine

Initiative - (1d20+0)[3]

Stepping in front of Lady d'Vown protectivly, Upwelling raises a heavy metal shield, and taps his chest plate to make sure his holy symbol is uncovered. Quickly glancing around at his new 'allies' he sums them up as swiftly as he can, then gestures to Azreal and snaps out "Present arms!" as he taps his holy symbol of a hammer and tongs once and falls into spellcasting. As he weaves his right hand in an intricate pattern and murmers phrases his metal fist begins to glow blue, and if Azreal holds out his weapon, he touches it, imparting that same glow to the weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to be between Saber and Lady d'Vown, Standard to cast 'Magic Weapon'
    Last edited by Seffbasilisk; 2007-12-12 at 01:10 AM.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Za
    AC 15 touch 13 flat 12
    HP 12/12
    6 action points
    Initiative - (1d20+3)[17]

Za draws her bow when the new warforged shows up, then backs down when Elaydren calls for a stop, then gets ready again when Upwelling warns them of the following enemies. When she sees that it's Saber, she chuckles. "Saber, how lovely to see you again. Please, give my regards to the Keeper, as well as my apologies for the delay in sending you to Him." She greets the attacker sardonically, before greeting him much more appropriately with an arrow aimed at his face and moving closer to Lady Elaydren so that she can pick up the Haverstack quickly after Saber dies.

[ooc]ToHit - (1d20+1)[17] +1 BAB, +3 DEX, +1 Point Blank Shot, -4 shooting into melee(it's +5 on the off-chance that she isn't shooting into melee
    Damage - (1d6)[5]
    If Saber is somehow flat-footed: Sneak Attack - (1d6)[2][/ooc]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]ActionPoint - (1d6)[5] Well, it's not like I don't expect to level and get new action points faster than the rest of the party...[/ooc]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat
    Hit Points 9/9
    Armor Class: 21 (+8 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Shield), Touch: 11, FF: 20
    Action points: 5

Initiative - (1d20+1)[13]

Edit - Actions changed due to other actions in the round, update to follow in reply with rolls.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2007-12-12 at 04:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[20]
    HP: 12/12
    AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13
    Action Points: 6 now correct?

"Saber! How dare you show your scaly hide here! What do you want?!" I say as I draw my sword and move back in front of Lady Elaydren.
    Last edited by Slash_712; 2007-12-13 at 10:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Arzeal
    HP 30/24
    AC 15 (10touch, 15flat) (13 normal, -2rage, +4shift)
    Initiative - (1d20)[17]

If asked to present his weapon he does so. Else, Arzeal draws his weapon and charges Saber.

Arzeal will also Rage(9rounds), and Shift(10rounds).

Now you shall finely feel the smash of my club. No more cheap shots from you.

Attack - (1d20+6)[16] (+2rage, +2 more if i actually get to charge)
    Damage - (1d10+6)[13] (+2rage)

i did not add in the bonuses from magic weapon. if that get's cast add it in accordingly.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen - (1d20-1)[19]
    Spot - (1d20-1)[7]
    Last edited by stupnick; 2007-12-12 at 10:16 AM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

24. - Top - End - #84

Arzeal

Action pointing that one, i don't want any chances to miss

ActionPoint - (1d6)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

25. - Top - End - #85

{OOC: Garrock, forgive me but in order to keep this moving along, I'm rolling init for you since you aren't online yet.}

Garrock's Init - (1d20+1)[10]
    The Tangled Web

26. - Top - End - #86

Round 1
    Begin

Initiative:
    Saber - 21 - Black #2
    Kobolds - 21 - Black #3,4,5,6
    Lady Elaydren - 21 - Black#1
    Sheardon - 20 - Red
    Za - 17+ - Grey
    Azreal - 17 - Purple
    Zagrat - 13 - Pink
    Garrock - 10 - Green
    Upwelling - 3 - Blue

Saber bellows "Now!" and streaming in from the doorway comes a band of four Kobolds, each armed and chittering with menace. Saber lifts his crossbow towards Lady Elaydren and fires a bolt, giving an erie sense of deja vu, as his aim remains as deadly as ever. The bolt strikes her in the shoulder, and she cries out in pain. The kobolds rush forward in pairs, two of them attacking Zagrat, and two more going after Sheardon. The first misses, but he provides enough of a distraction that Zagrat gets wounded before he can even react. (2 dmg) Sheardon doesn't fare as well, as both kobolds manage to stab him with their spears. (5 dmg)

Lady Elaydren drops behind the table, tipping it over for cover. Behind the table, she pops open a potion and begins to drink it. He wounds begin to close, as the healing potion takes effect.

{OOC: I'll hold here to give people a chance to change their moves, if they so desire, and for Garrock to get a chance to post.

Map Notes:
    Remember that #1 is NOT a monster. It is Lady Elaydren.
    Also, Kobolds are small, even though they are shown with medium sized Tokens.

}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-12 at 11:26 AM.
    The Tangled Web

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

Shaerdon drops his sword down on Kobold #6 hoping to draw blood.
    Attack - (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage - (2d6+3)[10]

In case of Crit-
    Spoiler
    Show

Confirmation - (1d20+4)[17]
    Extra Damage - (2d6+3)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

After she shoots Saber, Za steps over to Elaydren's bag and picks it up. She took a bolt from Saber and stayed up, huh? Not bad... "Will you be all right without another potion, Lady Elaydren?"

[ooc]Still shooting Saber in the face, but change other actions to a 5' step to the Haverstack and a move action to pick it up.[/ooc]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat
    Hit Points 9/9
    Armor Class: 21 (+8 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Shield), Touch: 11, FF: 20
    Action points: 5
    Initiative: 13

Shrugging off the attack as the kobold's attack fails to pierce his admantine plating, Zag'Rat realises he is in a bit of an unfortunate strategical position and aims to rectify that.

Drawing his weapon, he takes a vicious swing at the kobold that moved into a position behind him.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Kobold 4 - (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage - (1d8+2)[3]

Add an additional +1 to hit if it is determined the MW Heavy Mace was given to Zag'Rat, damage would remain the same as both weapons share a damage die.

Unfortunately, he is too worried about maintaining his defenses towards Saber and his aim falters. Not wanting to remain in so vulnerable a position, he takes a step away from Saber and the kobold near the door.

[ooc] 5' Step to the square to the left of #4 [/ooc]
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2007-12-12 at 04:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Arzeal

[OOC] should both zag'rat and upwelling not get attacks of opportunities on those kobolds that ran past them into the room? [OOC]

Arzeal is going to still charge onto Saber, remember the vicious hit he took from the warforged last encounter.

Moving 2 forward, 1 diagnal towards saber. would that be enough for a charge or even a straight line? if not i never added that into the roll...
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters