New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

Essel Lightningfoot

After waking Essel slips the card inside his pack and eats a full breakfast with the others. Mulling over their conversation from the last night he finds that he agrees with Gamiel and Lukas, Torgal did have a presence about him and would probably be their best choice for the face of the group.

When everyone else goes outside to check on the commotion Essel hangs back inside the building long enough to open the card and read the contents.

Oh great, a test, I just have no idea where I'm supposed to go. Pocketing the note he dashes outside in time to join the others. Wherever that is I'd better find out before midnight.

Reading the scoreboard gave him a bit of a shock, second place despite the haraunging they got from Gell was pretty damn good. Grinning Essel begins slipping between the other groups of students, easily moving around them due to his size, trying to pick up more information about the Green team, whom everyone seemed to be talking about.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information - (1d20)[3]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Torgal Wynn

Torgal grabbed some fresh fruit from the breakfast table alongside the others as he got into his chain mail and picked up his spear and pack. The exhaustion from last night's exam had faded to the pleasant feeling of a job well done, though his muscles would be tight until he limbered up.

Following the others out the door, Torgal joined the crowd around the team postings and grinned in satisfaction when he saw Blue's rank. "Great job, everyone. For the amount of sleep we got and the limits that put on our spellcasters, we did well," Torgal commented as he walked with the others away from the board.

Laughing as Tarrin once again burst Goff's bubble of arrogance, Torgal picked up on the vibe of conversation and waved a hand absent-mindedly at the others. "I'll be back in a bit, guys. In fact, I'll meet you at assembly once the profs get their acts together."

Torgal headed towards the crowds and flashed a smile towards some of the other new students, mingling where he could and relying on his relative good looks and striking eyes to make introductions where his breeding normally would restrict access. Keeping an ear open for the conversations, Torgal kept an eye on the stage and his teammates, watching for the signal that the assembly was going to start.

Spoiler
    Show

Time to see if those dragon class ranks of Gather info will do me any good, along with my whopping +2 charisma!

Gather Information: 8 [rolled in OCC] - ugh!

I'm teaching for the next two hours and then have to go home, but if there's movement before I'm back, Torgal will take the head of the line, which Gell suggested for the Squad leader, if no one else objects.
    Last edited by Adjudicator; 2007-11-26 at 03:55 PM.
    Adjudicator

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Essel

Spoiler
    Show
    You pick up the following rumours.

1. Mirana is easy.
    2. Bertram is secretly an ancient gold dragon, and the noises in his tower are him noisily devouring students
    3. The Silver team used powerful magic items to win the last challenge
    4. The purple team's leader is one of Azoun IV's bastards
    5. Joff was seen snogging some Cleric from the Black Team called Luna
    6. Lia from the green team is actually Bertram's lover

Tarrin

Spoiler
    Show
    make a Charisma check to see who gets the last insult in this battle of the wits. Alternatively you can make a Diplomacy check with a -2 modifier.

Gamiel

Spoiler
    Show

As you circulate among the students you meet Amantha a cleric of Lathander. She is polite and cheerful, and answers any questions you have about the school. (you can send them by PM) She helps identify your wand as being a Cure Light Wounds, with 10 charges on it. You learn that you will most likely be divided up and sent to classes based on your specialty in the group...in your case you will probably be sent with Father Tal for cosmology and religion or Marc Darkforest for Surivival and Wilderness training.

You find out that Amantha is from last years Silver team, which was highest in last years standings. Infact Silver team wins almost every year.

As you ask around about the Green team you hear the following

1. Lia on the green team was visited by Bertram last night.
    2. The green team contains a duskblade who is a notorious coward and tried to fake an injury to avoid the run.
    3. The cleric on the Green team worships the god of whores.
    4. The teachers in the school have been ordered to go easy on the green team

Will be away for the month of July, working at Camp

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Rhabin in "The first of Lharvion"
    Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"
    "When the Voice Whispers"

Escaping Purgatory

Avatar done by the Illustrious Dr. Bath
    Shrike, Thaddius, if we get through this, remind me to kill every frightened old man we come across just to be safe.~Morituri

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Cha check: (1d20+1)[7]
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

Tarrin

Spoiler
    Show

Charisma Roll: (1d20+2)[17]

The cleric laughs, but then her eyes harden.
    Sorry Tarin, I already got a man, beside everyone knows what happens when you get alone with someone of YOUR family. A friendly romp with a cute guy is one thing, but getting your mind $%@!*^ is quite another

The teachers have made their way to the platform and the now familiar voice of Gell rings out

Fall in!

You fall into your groups quickly, and shortly a good looking man in expensive robes with a harp case slung over his back steps forward. His voice seems to fill the whole square as he speaks, and he has a sense of commanding majesty to him.

Welcome to my school. I am sure that Gell has greeted you in his own...unique way yesterday, but now it is my pleasure to welcome you here myself. You are Cormyrs future! The best, brightest and boldest in the country, and it is to you our nation turns in this the hour of need. Train hard and learn well for not only your own future, but that of country could depend on it. But I have no fears. I know that glory awaits you, and that you shall do this school, your families and our nation proud

As his words flow around you, you feel your hearts bouyed with excitement and hope, and dreams of your future adventures soar in your spirits. But watching him as you speak you can't help but notice a sadness in his eyes...beautiful but sad green eyes surrounded by deep dark circles as if he had not sleep well in a week.

Today your lessons will begin. Warrior types are to go with Gell. Divine casters with Father Tal, and spell casters with Master Glitterspells. Those of you with more sneaky abilities, well you have already received your instructions. I would suggest you find your way to class on time. Your teacher is not amused with lateness....or incompetence.

With that the groups of students begin wandering in different directions to their classes.

((Essel we will handle your search for you class and what come of it by PM))

The weeks pass and you settle into a schedule of classes, drills, lectures and practices. The schedule is long and busy, and each night you find yourself pushed to the point of exhaustion and ready for sleep as you return to bed.
    Last edited by Breten; 2007-11-26 at 04:55 PM.

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

Shrike, Thaddius, if we get through this, remind me to kill every frightened old man we come across just to be safe.~Morituri

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Tarrin

As they leave the parade grounds, Tarrin makes towards the cleric.

Spoiler
    Show

"Which would be why I'm with the blues, and not the silvers. Allow me to reintroduce myself. Tarrin Kael."
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

For Tarrin

Spoiler
    Show

The cleric grins at you.

"Ofcourse neither of us has the blood to be a Silver. Luna Hawksongs." she says offering you her own hand.

"You have a sharp wit and a quick tongue. I like that. I have only met your family once...your sister actually. YOu don't seem to much like her."

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Tarrin

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarrin takes her hand, shaking it for a moment and smiling at her. "Not for lack of their trying to make me be like them. I'm not one for making politics follow my whim. As for my sister, her attitude is silver even if her blood isn't."

Don't be stupid.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

CLASS CHALLENGES!

((these events happen to each of you individually over the next month or so, though not all at the same time. ))

TARRIN and Torgal

Spoiler
    Show

Your combat lessons with Gell push you to the limits of your abilites. Over the next few weeks you are constantly drilling. Some days you run laps, some days you practice forms. Sometimes there are lessons on battle strategy and the history of warfare. Most days you spend some time practice fighting with wooden weapons.

Finally one day Gell meets you on the parade field where you do most of your drills and announces

Okay enough with the practice. Its time to see what you are really made of. Grab your gear, your full combat gear mind you, and meet me down at the cave.

After hastily grabbing armour and weapons you march double time down to the Cave where Gell begins to pair you off. Tarin gets paired off with a large half orc barbarian with a even larger axe from the White team while Torgal is paired with slender young elf noble in fancy clothes armed only with a rapier from the Gold.

Now listen up. This is how it will work. Each of you are to fight your partner. This is real combat, so its no holds barred. The cave will protect you for too serious of harm. You win by knocking you opponent out, pushing them out of the 30 ft circle you will be in, or causing them to yield. Winners will advance to fight other. The final winner will be rewarded with a masterwork weapon of your choice from the school's armoury.

You each step into the cave and find yourself transported to a large cavern with a dozen 30 ft diametre dueling circles marked out. YOu each take your place on opposite south end, with your opponents at the north end, and at Gell's yell you spring into action.

((roll initiative and declare your first rounds action))

Essel

Spoiler
    Show

You have already received your class challenge. You may make whatever skill or ability checks you wish to gain more information, or describe what you will do to try and find out the meeting place.

You may start with a knowledge local, knowledge noblity, or knowledge history check, whichever is best for you.

Gamiel

Spoiler
    Show

You spend your weeks moving back and forth between Father Tal's lectures on faith, the gods, cosmology and healing, and hunting with Marc Darkforest the half elf in the woods. Marc's classes are as exciting as Tal's are boring. But both are full of invaluable information.

After a particularly an unusually interesting class with Father Tal, this time lecturing on medicinal values of plants Tal approaches you.

You have done well in the class Gamiel, and I hear from Master Darkforest you do well in his class too. But the first tests of the season are coming up, and for you there is a choice. Do you wish to be tested by me, or by Master Darkforest. Both will test your skills and require you to use your divine spells in different ways. You will not know what each test involves before you make the choice. Simply choose: which of us would you rather be tested by.

Although the old man is very old for a human, his eyes twinkle with youthful mischief beneath the wrinkles of his wisened faith.

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Lukas

At the earliest opportunity, Lukas meets up with the others to divide the treasure. "Well, it looks like we have 240 gp in coin, a 50 gp bloodstone gem. and two wands with ten charges of magic in them... a divine one that can heal and the arcane one that can make people grow to about twice their normal height."

"Given the utility we would get from the wands, I suggest we designate them as property of the group... to be used to help the whole group on our missions and more or less in the care of whoever can use the magic in them... which would be Gamiel and myself I suppose. The gold and gems will be split up evenly among the five of us, which amounts to 58 gp each."

He looks to the others, "So, does that sound alright? I guess one person could get the gem, I don't think it can be used as a material component." he checks the gem again to see if it is cut or uncut.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Tarrin

"I'll take the coin, if you don't mind. Do remember though that the wands have a value all of their own, and whoever takes those should have less coin."

@Breten
    Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+2)[18]
    I'm assuming that I'd manage to get my focus before battle, correct? It'd be something he'd do each morning before leaving the barracks.

Manifesting Claws of the beast. PP left, 2.

Should he win init, he charges and bull rushes, taking an AoO (AC 13). Opposed Str checks: (1d20+4)[6] +2 from charging. Should he win the str check, he pushes the orc out of the ring.

Should he not win init, he'll 5' step if required towards the half-orc and attack. If more than 5' distance, move to him and attack with only the first attack.

Attack: (1d20+2)[16]
    Confirm: (1d20+2)[5]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[5]

Attack: (1d20+2)[13]
    Confirm: (1d20+2)[21]
    Last edited by Lochar; 2007-11-26 at 10:43 PM.

Don't be stupid.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Torgal Wynn

Torgal listened to Lukas and Tarrin discuss the loot from the Cave. "Actually, Tarrin, if we require that the wands be used for the group, then I'd be fine with equal shares of the gold. If the guys with the wands are going to sell them, though, then we should divide the gold differently." Torgal paused and took a moment to look at the gold. "I'm not used to coin money, myself. The tribe usually takes any gold pieces we recover for supplies and our tithe to the brass dragon clan we are allied with takes whatever we have left. There's very little room for personal possessions in the Stonelands. Guess I'll have to find some nice equipment to buy, eh?" Torgal grinned.

Spoiler
    Show

Torgal Wynn
    AC: 16
    HP: 12 / 12
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[13]
    Draconic Aura: Power (+1 to melee damage)

Actions:
    Should Torgal win initiative, he will charge the elf
    Charge Action:
    Furious Charge (+4 to attack instead of +2)
    -2 to AC
    Attack: (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8]

Should Torgal lose initiative, he will attempt to skewer the elf following his attack (assuming he doesn't need to resist grapple or some such). If an AoO is needed, let me know and I'll roll in the OOC. Full AC, as well.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[10]
    Adjudicator

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

((sorry Lukas. I posted a big thing for you, and just lost it. Grrr. I will work on getting it up again ASAP. The gem is cut))

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Tarrin

"True. Then an even split?"

Don't be stupid.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Lukas

Spoiler
    Show

(( I am doing this in point form since I don't have time to redo all the fluff parts I wrote.))

-Glitterspells teaches the class instead of Aryenae one day. He informs you that it is time to practice the practical aspects of spellcasting. Your first test will be a arcane duel.

-The duels will be held in the Cave, in a 30ft diametre circle. No magic can pass outside the circle, or inside the circle.

-Upon entering both opponents will have the chance (which is optional) to cast one non offensive spell. (It may not effect the other duelist in anyway at any part of the duel)

-At the sound of the gong the duel will begin. Each duelist will try to incapacitate the other using spells. No weapons are allowed. After 5 rounds if there is no clear winner the victory will be assigned by a panel of judges.

-All students may use any of the schools first level spell books to memorize their spells for the day.

- The winner of each round will be granted the right to scribe a scroll of any first level spell from the spellbooks in the library.

-The final winner will be granted a wand chosen by Glitterspells.

-Your first opponent is a Abjurer from the White team. He confides he doubts he can knock you out, but is confident he can protect himself and hopes to win by jury decision.

((Chose your spells for the day. They will be the same for all the rounds this day. Roll initiative. Also I need to know what 5 1rst level spells are currently in your spellbook.))

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Concerning Treasure

As Lukas discusses the treasure, Gamiel reaches down to scratch Gizmo behind his ears. "I'll gladly designate the wand for 'party use.' It also allows me to prepare a better variety of spells. It's been a while since I cast 'Speak with Animals' and had a good conversation with Gizmo."

Concerning Class

Father Tal's offer takes Gamiel by surprise. "I have been hoping to continue my studies in healing. I want to be able to help those I find in my travels, but I find my true calling is to nature. I believe I'd like to be tested by Master Darkforest; however, I'd like to continue taking your classes if possible?"
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Lukas

Spoiler
    Show

1st level spells in my book

enlarge person
    grease
    mage armor
    charm person
    sleep
    magic missile
    ray of enfeeblement

7 spells, 3 from starting out and 4 from my +4 int modifier

(( OOC: So, if I am to understand, I can use my entire allotment of spells in a match without having to worry that in later matches I will be out of spells? And my 2 1st level spells can be any from the sorcerer/wizard list. ))

I memorize

cantrips
    acid splash x2
    ray of frost x1

shield x1
    cause fear x1

Initiative: (1d20+6)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Tarrin and Torgal Round 1

At the sound of the gong Tarrin shifts his fingers into claw form and springs forward attempting to push the massive half orc out of the circle by catching him unawares. The Barbarian is caught flat footed, and so cannot defend himself against the unorthodox attack, yet when Tarrin slam into him he bounces off as if the half orc was a brick wall. ((Orc str check 13+4=17))

As Tarrin staggers back, the Orc recovers himself and attacks.

((Attack: 12+6)) and strike a blow against Tarrin. It was hardly a full strength blow (dam 4+6=10) but is enough to almost drop Tarrin. Tarrin is forced to call on all his will to keep himself upright and attack again

(Autohypnosis check)

Torgal

Torgal gets to attack first and charges forward bellowing a war cry to his dragon patrom. The elf standing across the circle from him smiles and comments "My how eloquent!" as he ducks aside. He then gracefully spins around behind you evading any chance to strike at him (Tumble check 24) and thrusts at you with his rapier (attack: 6+5= 11) but his attack is turned aside by your armour and fails to do any harm.

((okay go ahead and post for round 2))

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

19. - Top - End - #229

Essel Lightningfoot

Essel nods to Lukas' suggestion once the five of them finally get a chance to sit down together.

"That's a good plan, whoever's the best at haggling can sell the gem the first chance we get, and we'll split everything evenly but the wands. Potions, wands, scrolls, really anything that benefits the whole party shouldn't come into play when we're dividing up our gains, but anything that's going to be sold should. If we come accross anything that fits one of us perfectly then it should count for their part of their share, as well."

Spoiler
    Show
    After the quite stirring speach Essel tries to quickly recall anything about Allustair's Folly, a name that's been itching at the back of his mind since reading the card. Though his parrents hadn't taught him almost anything about their nation's history they had told him a few things about landmarks...

Knowledge History - (1d20+2)[5]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Essel

Spoiler
    Show

As you ponder the challenge given to you, you immediately connect the fact that Alusair (sorry for the typo before) is the regent of Cormyr, youngest and only surviving child of Azoun the IV.

What or where her folly might be will take more research however. To find out more you can try to do research in the library, or question other students or teachers about Alusair, or you can go explore the village or country side looking for clues

Gamiel

Spoiler
    Show

Father Tal smiles benificently down at you. "ofcourse you will continue to have classes with me. If you had chosen my test you would have been tested in your ability to heal others in a combat setting. HOwever since you chose Master Darkforest, you will have to see what test he will set before you."

You make your way from there to the forest at the edge of the castle grounds, and there Darkforest is waiting, instructing several students in archery.

"Ah Gamiel. So you chose to test with me. Probably for the best. Here is the deal: meet me tomorrow at the Cave to begin your test. Choose your spells for the day wisely, as you will need them to make it through your challenge. What that challenge may be I will not tell you, only that it will pit you against nature, and see if your mastery of it is as great as you think."

((choose your spells for the day))

Lukas

Spoiler
    Show

((yes your spells renew between rounds. Because of the nature of the cave you do not actually cast them, it just seems so))

You find your way into the circle. And at Glitterspell's signal each begins casting their spell. ((declare your spell and you may make a spellcraft check to detirmine what your opponent is casting))

When the second signal is given both of you spring into motion gesturing and speaking, casting at exactly the same time.

((declare your spell. Then make a Will save DC 14)

Last edited by Breten; 2007-11-27 at 12:44 AM.

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Lukas

my prepared spell is shield

I cast Cause Fear

Will save:(1d20+2)[8]

Spellcraft:(1d20+8)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Lukas:

Spoiler
    Show
    Watching your foe cast his defensive spell you recognise a somwhat obscure choice: Nightguard which defends against magic missile while simultaneously granting a bonus to all saving throws. You cast your defensive spell, and then at Glitterspells signal you cast your own spell. With a gesture and a word your spell takes hold battering past your foes defences and filling the youth with terror. With a scream the abjurer flees the circle, visibly wetting himself. ((Save Natural 1!))

At the same time you find yourself picked up by some force and moved backwards 5 feet, moving you out of the circle. Both of you are disqualified at the same time!

The 3 judges put their heads together to decide the contest between them, and finally vote 2-1 in favour of you. It appears that the extra touch of causing your foe to lose control of his bodily functions decided it in your favour.

((You may choose which spell you wish to receive))

Your next challenger is an Evoker from the Red team.

((Choose your spells. I will assume after this unless you mention otherwise that shield and cause fear will be your opening spells.))

Last edited by Breten; 2007-11-27 at 01:25 AM.

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

23. - Top - End - #233

Essel Lightningfoot

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Haha, I thought they were similar. Cormyr is fond of A- names so I thought it could be anyone))

Essel slaps his head as the name resolves itself in his mind. Inwardly he curses his parents at never stressing the importance of royalty. He ponders for a moment, unsure of how he should go about finding the place, and decides to ask around one more time before heading up to the library.

Gather Information - (1d20)[17]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Lukas

Spoiler
    Show
    I choose 'Ray of clumsiness' from the spell compendium.

Also, yes shield and cause fear are my opening moves with ray of frost and acid splash afterwards. Not exactly optimal ones, but Lukas is fairly new to the combat thing... yeah, that's the ticket.

Plus I didn't think to look in spell compendium
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Torgal Wynn

Spoiler
    Show

Torgal Wynn
    AC: 16
    HP: 12 / 12
    Initiative: 13
    Draconic Aura: Power (+1 to melee damage)
    Standard action: Melee Attack
    Attack: (1d20+2)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]

Torgal ignored the elf's chatter and focused on his spearwork. The elf might seek to throw him off with his taunts, but Torgal had seen the heat of real battle, with blood and sweat and tears. There was little chance the elf would disrupt his concentration. Spinning as the elf's rapier rattled off his chain shirt, Torgal thrust with his spear again, hoping to catch the elf as he recovered from his attack.
    Last edited by Adjudicator; 2007-11-27 at 07:32 AM.
    Adjudicator

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Tarrin

Spoiler
    Show
    Autohypnosis check:(1d20+6)[26]
    DC 20

Should the check be made, Tarrin claws at the orc.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[5]
    Confirm: (1d20+2)[21]

Attack: (1d20+2)[6]
    Confirm: (1d20+2)[12]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[4]

Tarrin claws at the orc ineffectively, then 5' steps back.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2007-11-27 at 08:47 AM.

Don't be stupid.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Essel

Spoiler
    Show

As you ask around about Alusair your get the following information

-She was always a willful and rebellious child
    -She would often take groups of purple dragons or young nobles on raids into the Stonelands. This group of knights became known as The Blades
    -She has no patience for life at court, and became regent only out of great neccesity
    -She is hot tempered, and overly direct, and has little patience for diplomacy
    -She is was nicknamed the Steel Princess, and now is named the Steel Regent

Tarrin

Spoiler
    Show

The half orc smiles grimly as Tarrin fails again to harm him. You fought well, and your determination does you well. But now it is time to finish this. With that he heaves his axe around again ((Attack: 15+6=21)) This time there is no avoiding it, and as the axe smashes into your neck, you find the world going white around you. You awake a few seconds later, in perfect health, but with the eeire memory of being decapitated. The half orc smiles down at you, and offers you a hand.

Good battle. But I must say it was rather dumb of you to try and push me around! Better luck next time!

That was an unlucky match up for you. Anyone else, and you probably could have taken them. Ah well perhaps we will get to square off some other time

Torgal

Spoiler
    Show

Twisting around you thrust out suddenly at the slippery elf catching him in the side with a mighty thrust. His leathers stop the blade just enough to keep him from being killed, but it is a grave wound indeed. He has no witty patter this time as he grimaces, and the thrusts back at you, keeping his guard up even as he does so. (Combat Expertise to add +2 to AC, -2 to hit)

The thin blade strikes true this time, sliding into the flesh of your arm (4 damage) and then pulls back, your opponent watching warily for what you will do next.

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Tarrin

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarrin takes the offered hand and pulls himself up. "Had I found my footing a bit better, it might have been a different outcome. I was attempting to push you out of the ring before you would have been able to hack at me with that thing." Tarrin laughs quietly.

Don't be stupid.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Gamiel

Spoiler
    Show

Spells for day of Test I'm assuming I can use Spell Compendium. If not I'll edit.)
    0 level
    Cure Minor Wounds
    Light
    Detect Poison
    1 level
    Calm Animals
    Endure Elements

On the day of his test Gamiel rises early and takes extra care to prepare himself. Focusing his spell selection on being able to endure nature rather than controlling it. He hasn't groomed Gizmo in a few days, and he himself has not bathed. He wants to blend with nature, and soap only makes you stand out. He rides Gizmo down to the cave and waits for Master Darkforest to arrive.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Lukas

Spoiler
    Show

The Evoker is a overconfident young man who seems a bit frenetic in his behavior, pacing back and forth and talking to himself as he waits for the signal for the match to begin. You each cast your defensive spells, and you are surprised to see him casting True Strike.

At the signal you both begin to cast. You are faster (Ini 21vs5) and with a gestures cast Cause Fear. His self mastery seems too great for you spell to affect him however, and he instead makes an arcane gesture, and then comes striding forward with supernatural accuracy he reaches out to touch you ((attack 9+20=29) and at his fingers contact a jolt of electricity goes racing through your body. The lack of metal you are wearing protects you though, as the jolt makes you hair stand on end, but does little else.

You respond again battering at his courage with your arcane might, and this time his will is not as strong. With a yelp of fear he turns and flees from you, escaping the circle and forfiting the match.

((You win again choose a spell! I will just keep going for you.))

Your third match you find yourself pitted against Mirana from the Silver team. She stares at you coldly, but says nothing as you prepare for the battle.

As the match starts and you cast shield, she makes a simple motion and a shadowy aura begins to surround her for a second, then vanishes. You have never seen this type of magic before and are alarmed that she did not seem to cast a full spell.

However as the signal to begin goes off Mirana's attention is captured by something outside of the circle. (Initiative role 24vs1)

You get off your cause fear spell, but even distracted as she is Mirana is able to resist it, though barely. Caught off guard and unable to take any action herself you quickly cast again, battering at her will. This time your spell breaks through he weakened attentions, and she turns with panic in her eyes and flees out of the circle.

As soon as she exits, she stops, the spell dispelled by her exit. She turns and look coldly at you.

You may have won mageling, but not by your own merits. Next time you will not be so lucky. but even as she talks, you realize her eyes are not on you anymore. Instead they are locked firmly on Jemma, who is standing behind you a few paces, with a false look of innocence on her face.

Oh pooh now sister. Don't be such a bad sport. You lost fair and square, and now the defeating the boy will have to fall to me.

As the two of you line up in the final circle the rest of the class gather round. You hear wagers being made back and forth over who will win, and support seems about evenly divided between you and the Silver Enchantress.

At Glitterspells signal you both cast your defensive spell, and as you once again summon a shield of force, you see her cast a simple cantrip which will bolster her will a bit for one round.

At the final signal you both burst into motion casting spells simultaneously (19vs19)

Both of you batter aside the others defences, and you cause her to flee, even as she crushes your will and sends you into a deep sleep.
    When you awake you are amazed at the force of her spell, but the judges are deliberating animatedly, though it appears they warded their conversation. At length the three turn and face the group.

It has been decided that the duelists shall face each other again. The last duel was too evenly matched

As you take your positions again Jemma is barely maintaining her composure. "You got lucky that time Lukas. Don't think it will happen again. I will crush you. Some guttersnipe merchant son will never overcome the might of a trueblooded noble!

The defences prepared are much the same, and as the final signal is given both of you begin spell casting with desperate speed. This time you finish first and your spell races out, batting aside her willpower as if it wasn't even there and sending her fleeing the ring. ((Save 6)

There is a resounding cheer from the crowd as Jemma is defeated, and you see a few silver and gold coins trade hands among the students. Glitterspells comes forward smiling, offering congratulations and presenting you will a wand of cause fear with 15 charges on it. Aryenae looks less pleased with you and gives oldly perfuntary congratulations before leading the other students out of the cave. Of the third judge, and the Silver sisters, there is no sign at all...but you feel a cold certainty that they will not forgive this victory.

Currently Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Currently DMing
    "Bertram's Shadow"

Escaping Purgatory