New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes into Hell

Korral betrays no emotion at being called brutish. "And if not, where will me meet him?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #32

SwashbucklerGuy

Akeon shrugs, "He says Sigil. Other than that, we have no idea. His letter seemed afraid, as if someone was after him."

He looks at Skather, "Are we ready?"

The mage nods and takes the stone out again. He turns and holds it up to the portal, muttering words in a strange language under his breath.

With the flash the 'glass' of the portal ripples and then seems to cave inward, revealing a street of orangish stone bathed in bright light. The chamber is filled with strange sounds and smells as the portal opens wider, and voices speaking languages from all across the planes can be heard.

"Good luck!" Akeon says, Skather continues his chant, "Hurry through the portal. We'll have to shut it behind you out of concern for Kromadier and the Beast. Remember to send us reports and please be as quick as you can! May the gods smile on you friends, may they smile on all of us!"

With this he steps away, and the portal grows wider, air whipping through the chamber and towards the portal. He motions for you to go on.
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

3. - Top - End - #33

Korral looks at the others and hops through, looking around him.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthum

Melanthum steps through the portal, showing absolutely no hesitation. After all, this is just another day for him. He smiles to himself at the thought of walking the streets of Sigil again, as he feels the portal pick him up and sweep him away.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mimosa

With her leopard beside her, Mimosa and Laille jump through the portal. "Don't worry we won't...." she says as her words trail off.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

6. - Top - End - #36

Connor happily steps through the portal. It has been too long since he has been to Sigil.

I wonder if any of the old hats are still around. I could use a good grappling match. And some time to meditate and soothe my soul. Just being in the presence of the Beastlings leaves me with a feeling of contamination.

It is with his thoughts on spiritual purity that he comes out the other side of the portal, grimacing at the thought of the evil of the Beastlings and the Horror.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng grins as he approaches the portal. "We be back soon. We bring head. Maybe Feng will hang on wall" He laughs much too hard and steps through, wiping tears from his eyes.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Gryfe

Wordlessly, Gryfe strides into the portal, causing ripples to spread across the surface of the portal. He then vanishes, and the surface of the portal calms once again.

Spoiler
    Show
    I figured that since he is from a different plane, he would cause some sort of interference, although it may be negligible.

9. - Top - End - #39

Sonny

Sonny gave the mage a parting grin that was full of needle-sharp teeth. He'd caught that 'brutish' crack, and he had a long memory over slights, both real and imagined...

He hopped through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey why not:
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+7)[16](23)
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Knowledge Arcana
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+26)[40]

11. - Top - End - #41

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Both Sonny and Melanthum recognize the stone as a portal key from Sigil, an item used to open specific portals in the city to other planes.

Melanthum can read the runes and sees that they have been altered from their original form at least twice. The original key was not attuned to Sigil at all, but rather some sort of demiplane, most closely resembling the plane of Shadow. It was altered to reach Sigil, and then altered again, to another part of Sigil.

ooc: If Nick dosn't go through in a few hours, I'll just assume he hops on in and continue.
    Last edited by ....; 2007-11-16 at 07:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

SwashbucklerGuy

Across the portal is a street made of cobblestones. The sky here is vast and blue, very different from the black sky over Ab'Esra. Sounds and smells assault you. The portal opens up from the side of a building, flanked on either sides by tall pillars carved with runes similar to the ones on the stone Skather had.

The denizens of Sigil don't spare more than a glance as the portal opens up. You see everything from humans to dwarves to a robed and hooded figure that looks suspiciously like an illithid. Once Nick comes through the portal, there is a sucking noise and the hole closes, showing only a blank stone wall.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthum

Melanthum smiles as he feels the cobbles beneath his feet. He sighs happily, looking around and taking a deep breath of the air.

Ah... Sigil. The Cage. City of Doors. The Center of the Planes. Now, my bonnie lads and lasses, a few words of advice. First: Be suspicious. Just about everyone'll try to skin ya as soon as look at ya. Keep a tight hand on your purses. Don't pick fights, you never know who... or more dangerous, what, a body might be. There are some strange folk in Sigil. Once met a pair of ladies from some far-off Prime world who could change reality by will alone. Fine girls, but not the sort you'd want to anger. And please, try not to embarrass me too much

He grins and winks, before starting to walk forward, looking around for anyone who might be their contact.

14. - Top - End - #44

Korral looks ill at ease in Sigil, his whole body clearly tightly focused. He looks around constantly, and checks his pockets every few seconds. He also clearly dislikes how comfortable Melanthum is.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-17 at 12:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Mimosa

The halfling woman climbs up onto Laille and looks around her. "I've always heard stories about Sigil but I've not actually been here. It's very...busy," she says in a slightly uncomfortable tone but warming as her nose catches the whiff of freshly made bread. 'Of course there may be some advantages,' she thought.

-Walt Disney

16. - Top - End - #46
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng smiles widely at Malanthum's speech. "Feng have few pockets, and Feng is dangerous."

Feng leans back against the wall and begins playing with a doll from his pack.
    Last edited by Tyrolin; 2007-11-17 at 02:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Sonny

Sonny snorted. "Sonny has no money to steal," he pointed out. He was normally disdainful of so-called 'civilization', but this Sigil sounded like his sort of place. The Sigil native make it sound like it was a dangerous place, lawless and untamed.

He was sure he would feel right at home.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Gryfe

"Do not lecture me on the intricacies of the city of Sigil. I am well aware of the city, having had to hunt down a person throughout the depths of the city. Proper words of wisdom should be to watch your back at all times. Or at least, watch eachother's backs."

Gryfe leans back into the shadow created by the pillars, and proceeds to wait.

19. - Top - End - #49

BardGuy

Nick

Nick looks around, his eyes as amazed as they always are when he visits Sigil (this being his third time, though he never stayed long). "Oh, I'll be careful, let's just not be too careful about who we meet or we might not find our man. Or woman, or thing, it could be anything here."

Nick looks around, eying the inhabitants of the city, keeping an eye out for anyone who seems interested in the group. He seems at ease here, but he always seems at ease when there are people around.

20. - Top - End - #50

Korral fingers his sword hilt in a non-aggressive manner. He continues to check his pockets frequently, and looks around, trying and failing to keep tabs on everything at once. He mutters something unintelligible under his breath. Anyone paying attention hears it's something to do with "city-dwellers" and "useless waste". "Yes, let us find our being quickly," he says stoically. "The sooner we find him, the sooner we can leave."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-17 at 05:48 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

SwashbucklerGuy

The gentle roar of everyday business in Sigil is broken by a shout of mixed horror and suprise from down the street to your left. The crowds here part and what seems to be a dwarf made of bronze with a blazing fire as a beard comes staggering towards the party.

He sees you and says something strangled and desperate, reaching out his hand toward you.

(If you speak Ignan:)

Spoiler
    Show
    "You...are you the ones... from... Ab'Esra... you must..."

Before he can finish, the dwarf-thing collapses with a clang in the middle of the street, his fire dimming considerably.

There is a strange tearing noise from the air around the gate. All of you feel a hot blast of air and are momentarily blinded by a flash of red light. Once the light clear you see several more new arrivals.

Six monstrous humanoid monsters stand before you, their greenish-black hides covered in long, vicious looking spikes. Blazing green eyes flare over massive jaws filled with needle-like teeth.

Behind these monsters stands what looks to be a giant insect standing on its hind legs. Its mantis-like head towers overr twelve feet above the cobblestones. It holds a long spear tipped with a serrated head.

The giant insect points at the group, screaming in a high, chittering voice:

(if you speak Infernal)
    Spoiler
    Show
    There! The mortals! Kill them all!

At this command, the smaller monsters move forward to attack.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The barbed demons are twenty feet away, the ice demon 25. The street is thirty-five feet wide total.

Barbed Devil Initiative= 12
    Ice Devil Initiative= 7

Roll initiative please

22. - Top - End - #52

Mimosa
    AC 28 (w/barkskin) Touch 18 Flatfooted 23
    HP 112/112, Init +11
    Saves 12/12/19
    Spells active: Barkskin (a lot of rounds)
    ====================

"Well that was quick," Mimosa says gleefully as her brow furrows in concentration and her lips begin to move.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+7)[16] (EDIT my initiative is +11, so my roll is a 20)
    Cast Barkskin on myself and Laille on my turn, then slide off her back
    Last edited by Zimmia; 2007-11-18 at 08:30 PM.

-Walt Disney

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Gryfe

Statblock:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hitpoints: 119
    Armor Class: 46, Touch AC: 31, Flat Footed AC: 36
    Fortitude Save: 5, Reflex Save: 12, Will Save: 5

Current Initiative: 30
    Other Effects: Skirmish Enhanced AC (+5 to the Above until End of Turn)
    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh Goody! A Fight! Do I have any sort of concealment bonus from being hidden in the shadows?

Initiative Roll: (1d20+16)[30]

I will then use Bounding Assault and run in a huge circle around them. So basically, I move at least 20 feet to reach my target, then I attack twice and retreat another 50 feet away. Got it?

Attack Roll 1: (1d20+30)[46] - Rolled vs. Flat Footed AC due to Blurstrike Enchant
    Damage Roll: (1d10+8)[15] Slashing + (1d6)[4] Flaming
    Sneak Attack:(3d6)[17]

Attack Roll 2: (1d20+25)[36] - Rolled vs. Normal AC
    Damage Roll: (1d10+8)[16] Slashing + (1d6)[5] Flaming

Total Damage is 96 including the Skirmish damage below.

With a start, Gryfe leaps forward, drawing his sword in the process. With an unbelievable speed, he dashes towards the insectoid and slashes once...twice.. and then retreats even further away, out of their reach.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2007-11-18 at 08:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to roll Skirmish Damage for both attacks. Here it is:

Damage 1: (7d6)[24]
    Damage 2: (7d6)[24]

I also gain a +5 bonus to AC for the end of my turn.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng al'Thok
    HP : 172 (Raged & Frenzied)
    AC : 27, FF 27, Touch 11
    Saves: Fort 15 Ref 10 Will 15 (increased because of rage)

Initiative: (1d20+2)[roll]1d20+2[/roll]

Feng rages and frenzies (free actions), roars(another free action), then runs toward where he threatens the most enemies, drawing his greatsword as he goes. He then strikes the closest, his massive blade glinting dully in the light.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack [roll]1d20+26[/roll] : damage [roll]4d6+21[/roll] : damage to self from vicious [roll]1d6-2[/roll] (already reduced by damage reduction)
    Last edited by Tyrolin; 2007-11-18 at 08:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, let's try this again....

init : (1d20+2)[18]
    att : (1d20+26)[41]
    dam: (4d6+21)[34]
    dam me : (1d6-2)[1]
    Last edited by Tyrolin; 2007-11-18 at 08:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You can't edit in rolls, and you can't preview posts in rolls. :D

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthum

Melanthum looks as the Azer - at least, that's what he presumes it is - falls dead in the street after delivering it's cryptic message. He then turns as the blast of heat and ripping noise, identifying the creatures quickly. Bloody Baatorians. He smirks for a moment, his hands making a series of complicated gestures as he arranges himself to avoid hitting allies, then unleashes a blast of multicolored light

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative - (1d20+5)[17]
    Prismatic Spray... Don't know if you want me to roll for each one or if you'd rather do it, but here's mine.

Barbed Devil 1 1 - (1d8)[7]
    Barbed Devil 2 1 - (1d8)[6]
    Barbed Devil 3 1 - (1d8)[6]
    Barbed Devil 4 1 - (1d8)[2]
    Barbed Devil 5 1 - (1d8)[6]
    Barbed Devil 6 1 - (1d8)[7]
    Ice Devil 1 - (1d8)[4]

Save DC is 25

Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2007-11-18 at 09:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Korral Smiles grimly. He didn't care for the intricacies of Sigil, but the meaning of these beings was clear. A fight he could understand. He was once more in his element. Drawing his blade, he bounds into a fighting stance and dashes forward, swinging his blade into his enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Absolute Steel Stance. Attack with the Kamate:

Initiative: (1d20+8)[15]

Attack: (1d20+20)[33]

Damage: (1d10+8)[15]

30. - Top - End - #60

Sonny

Sonny cursed fluently in Goblin as he skittered to the right, hugging the side of the alleyway.

He cared nothing for the metal dwarf, but he found himself caught unprepared, unarmored by his usual divine magics. He simply had not expected battle so quickly, and so had been caught with his metaphorical pants down.

He glared at the demonic entities who had infested the street. They would pay for his inwardly-directed anger. Sonny firmly believed in making others pay for his mistakes if he could possibly help it.

One of his stored spell was re-written in his memory, converted to a wall of pure negative energy and hurled bodily at the horde of devils, screaming with fell energies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[11](13)
    Earthquake spontaneously turned into Inflict Mass Critical Wounds, with a Divine Metamagicked Fell Animate on top of it for 4d8+17 to each enemy: pretty much running out of the gate at full steam, here
    Barbed Devil1: (4d8+17)[3][8][5][1](34)
    Barbed Devil2: (4d8+17)[2][7][1][8](35)
    Barbed Devil3: (4d8+17)[2][8][6][1](34)
    Barbed Devil4: (4d8+17)[2][5][1][6](31)
    Barbed Devil5: (4d8+17)[6][6][1][2](32)
    Barbed Devil6: (4d8+17)[4][2][4][8](35)
    Ice Devil: (4d8+17)[5][8][3][7](40)

Sonny's stats, if ya need it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sonny Nine Lives
    HP : 125/125
    AC : 26, FF 25, Touch 13
    Saves: Fort 14 Ref 9 Will 20

Spoiler
    Show