1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Heroes into Hell

Feng makes an effort to control his anger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save (1d20+15)[29]
    Last edited by Tyrolin; 2007-11-20 at 04:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

He succeeds, calming himself, and drops to the ground, panting and feeling his many wounds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feng ends his rage and his frenzy, making him exhausted for the duration of the encounter (or for a couple of posts, since it's over). He loses 30 HP and at this point only has about 6 left...
    Edit: PS, the will save was against DC 20
    Last edited by Tyrolin; 2007-11-20 at 04:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthum

Melanthum wipes the sweat from his brow, flexing his fingers and smirking at the corpses vanish. He cracks his knuckles for a moment, then speaks up.

Good work, my fellows. These louts weren't much of a challenge.. biggest problem being that fiends of Ba'ator are immune to flame normal and magical, so there were many spells I couldn't fling at them with any effect... And with the rest of you bein' in melee with them, I certainly didn't want to be blastin' you, either. Still, I exhausted more of my energies than I'd like. If we're to be facin' more of them, I'll have to alter my repetoire to suit.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sonny

Sonny nodded shortly. "Sonny too. Okay for now, but Sonny would not like to be defenseless in this place." He sounded almost fond of Sigil already.

He shook his head and set the matter aside, noting that several of their little band were sporting injuries. Sonny waved his arms, drawing attention to himself. "Gather around Sonny now," he demanded.

Sonny incanted a short prayer and finished with a flourish of his hands. The effects of the goblin's spell was not dramatic; it was a subtle thing, strength gradually stealing back into the limbs of the goblin's party.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Vigor, Mass Lesser: Up to 8 people within 20' will start regenerating 1 HP a round for 25 rounds. There's 8 of us, right?
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2007-11-20 at 05:18 PM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mimosa

Mimosa puts a hand on Laille as she comes back to the halfling, making sure she isn't hurt badly, the summoned dire bear standing guard at the spot where the last devil left. "I too, won't mind resting in order to harness that of nature which will be more effective," she said quietly, "I wonder if there's anything that would pass for safe though - this certainly isn't." As she speaks she pulls a wand from her belt and walks to Feng. "You certainly helped us in combat, allow me to assist now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Use CSW wand: (3d8+3)[19]
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

6. - Top - End - #96

Connor

Connor looks around, not really even panting that much.

"Is everyone ok? I have some limited healing if anyone needs it."

He's going to survey his group members and if anyone looks particularly beat up ((I imagine Feng still does even after Sonny's healing.)) He'll then go and examine the dwarf/thing that fell over and cast Cure Serious Wounds on him if he looks really badly injured.

((Would Knowledge: The Planes work for this guy? If so:))

Knowledge: The Planes
    (1d20+14)[21]
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-11-20 at 05:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng lurches to his feet, and grunts "Many thanks little ones"
    He sheathes his sword, waiting for Sunny's magic to take full affect.
    Last edited by Tyrolin; 2007-11-20 at 09:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthum

Melanthum, seeing that his party is attended to, walks over to the smoldering corpse of the burning dwarf, he kneels down by it, looking to see if any life yet remains, and searching to see if there is any sort of message attached to it.

An Azer. Dwarflike creatures from the Elemental Plane of Fire. Said something about "We Must... then just trailed off... hells take it all."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

"Maybe someone heal fire dwarf. He not look so good either, but he make noise." Feng says

10. - Top - End - #100

SwashbucklerGuy

Connor heals the azer, who mutters again and raises his head, the fire around his face has dimmed considerably, his glowing eyes are wide with fear. The other azer, who stated running up the street after the devils were defeated, reaches its companion.

Panting, it looks at all of you and says, "You... you are the ones from Ab'Esra? That fought the calamity? Of course you are. Please, its not safe here, they've found us. Sluk here managed to escape their attack and came to warn you. They must have caught up with him... we... we must get to the safehouse, p-please, hurry." The second azer helps Sluk to his feet, shouldering him up and starts to head back the way it came.

From the other side of the street comes the sounds of people shouting loudly at one another. You can't make out what they're saying, but they sound angry.

The second azer looks violently over its shoulder, mouth open in a gasp, "Come on softskins! We've got to hurry!"
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthus

Melanthus nods, beckoning to his companions as he hurries along at a rapid clip after the dwarves.

12. - Top - End - #102

BardGuy

(OOC-Sorry for the delay in posting. It's been a busy day.)

Nick hurries along after the creatures, following Melanthus.

13. - Top - End - #103

Mimosa

Mimosa slides onto Laille's back and the pair of them follow the group. 'I think it's a little too late to try and be conspicuous, let's just be quick,' she says under her breath.

-Walt Disney

14. - Top - End - #104

Sonny

Sonny glowered at one and all as he hurried along behind the rest of the group, his heavy armor, slight build, and short legs slowing him down.

"Maybe Sonny should buy a horse," he mused aloud.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Korral follows, moving at a rapid, efficient and clipped pace, easily keeping up with the rest of the group. He is still clearly not paying attention, and his face is a glower of self scrutiny.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng runs along with them, his gait showing that he is still worn out from the battle.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Gryfe

Gryfe easily keeps up, being one of the fastest members of his tribe, and a well trained highland stalker that is almost unstoppable.

18. - Top - End - #108

Connor looks none the worse for wear and has a very easy time keeping up with the group. Indeed, it seems like he's even holding back slightly to stay with the group. His eyes are alert for signs of any further attacks.

Spot:
    (1d20+21)[33]

19. - Top - End - #109

SwashbucklerGuy

Very far up the road, Connor spots several men in black robes moving rapidly towards the place of the fight with the devils. The men are continuously turning their heads around, as if listening to orders from some unseen person.

The azer leads you all into a narrow alleyway and towards a gate similar to the one that lead from Ab'Esra to Sigil, but much smaller, about five feet high. The azer struggles with a metal clasp and opens up a pocket on its brass kilt, producing a stylyzed sculpture of a key. It waves the key before the portal and opens it up. Calling for you all to hurry, it steps away from the portal.

"You all go in, I'll go last and close the portal behind us. Hurry! If they find this entrace we'll have nowhere left to run."

20. - Top - End - #110

Sonny

Sonny slowed down just before entering the portal, his naturally suspicious mind turning to thoughts of possible betrayal. He knew nothing of the situation they had found themselves in, or of this 'Azer', beyond the fact that their nominal guide Melanthus seemed to trust them. He looked intently at the fiery bronze dwarf, trying to discern deception on that alien face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+9)[2](11) trying to hit a DC 20 for a 'hunch'

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

Connor

"What of those men in black robes that were heading in our direction?"

((I think this goes w/o saying, but I'm not really going to be around tomorrow. What with Turkey Day here in the States I'll be with family. I'll be back either late tomorrow or Friday. NPC me as needed))
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-11-21 at 04:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

"Fight again not good" Feng throws out. "I wait with fire dwarf, go before him"

Spoiler
    Show
    I also will be gone tomorrow because I love turkey. NPC me if you need to. He'd probably just follow you guys like a dog anyway
    Last edited by Tyrolin; 2007-11-21 at 05:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthus

Melanthus shrugs and slips through the portal. As he moved through, though he did wait for a moment as the party gathered up at the portal, barking out a quick spell before leaping through, one that would prevent most harmful effects that the place on the other side of the portal might have

(OOC: Casting Planar Tolerance. Basically protects from all damaging effects caused by planar traits Covers the whole party)
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2007-11-21 at 05:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Korral's hand jumps to his blade. "The winger has a valid question. Who were they?"

25. - Top - End - #115

SwashbucklerGuy

The azer shakes his head at Korral and Connor, "They were our foes. Please, take my word on that. I will explain what I know but we must go! I cannot let them find Sluk and I's last refuge. Just know they serve the thing that threatens your home and will do everything in their power to stop you. Now go!"

As the azer speaks it glances down the alley, it's eyes still wide and its movements jumpy.

(Sonny dosn't think the azer is trying to trick him)

26. - Top - End - #116

Mimosa

"I'm good with that," the halfling says to the group as she and her leopard move throughthe portal."

-Walt Disney

27. - Top - End - #117
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng crawls through the hole, muttering.

(Anyone who bothers to listen hears the words Feng, dangerous, and a general sound of discontent)

28. - Top - End - #118

Sonny

"Right then," Sonny acquiesced. The dusky-skinned goblin rushed into the portal behind Feng, his head not even close to clipping the top of the hole.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Korral shrugs and nods. "Very well..." He says reluctantly. He quickly hops through the portal. Despite this, his hand is clenched on his blade as he does so.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-21 at 09:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Gryfe

Gryfe merely nods to the Azer and raises his blade. Turning towards the end of the alleyway, he settles back into the shadows until the rest of the party has entered the portal and has reached safety before entering himself.