New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes into Hell

Gryfe

Gryfe doesn't stop to rest. He remembers long ago, of a mission he was sent to perform here. Pandemonium. The words kept ringing in his ears. So close to home, yet so far from it. He slowly sat down to clean his gear.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthum

Melanthum sighed as he heard the Azer's tale. First the death of a companion, now this. It was not turning out to be a good day. He dipped into his pack, pulling out a long bedroll formed from the hide of some strange beast, covered in deep fur that was covered in whirling spiral patterns. He looked around at the others as he took off his cloak.

Bloody hell. A Beholder an' his cult, eh? Sodding barmy floating eyeballs. We'll have to deal with them sooner or later, sure enough. But for now, I agree. Let's get some rest. It's been a bad day, and we all are in need of it.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

(Assuming no one has anything else they want to do, you get XP!

Everyone recieves a total of 3,000 xp for killing devils, and not dying and, you know, stuff like that.)

Once everyone is rested, Challa is quick to call everyone back into the study.

"Friends," he says, "I have got some bad news. It seems as if neither I, nor Sluk nor Is'sara can remember where the copies we made of the Brass Book are. I fear that the Void-Born have them. If they figure out how to bind the beat before we do... they will do everything in their considerable power to stop you. However, I used a bit of magic and have located the pages in a brothel in Sigil, near one of the major gates to Arcadia. I'd go with you, but Sluk and I need to stay here and continue to translate these runes. I'm sure Is'sara will go, though. Please make haste. Either destroy those papers or return them to us. Just make sure the Void-Born don't escape with them."
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Nick

After resting, Nick streches out and smiles. "A brothel in Sigil huh? Sounds like my kind of place. Everyone ready to go?"

5. - Top - End - #155

Korral gives Nick a sidelong look, as if suddenly doubtful of the Bard's focus.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-25 at 08:12 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #156

Is'sara

Is'sara chuckles lightly at Nick, "God willing we will not have enough time for sightseeing my new friend." She doesn't appear at all uneasy or uptight, as might have been expected. She moves with purpose although her eyes still look a little sad. Her weapon, pack and shield sat in an almost tidy pile near the door. "The sooner we can retrieve the pages the better."
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

7. - Top - End - #157

Sonny

"Brothel?" Sonny asked aloud, not recognizing the term. "Whatever. Sounds like we need book," Sonny acknowledged. "We go get it, maybe kill lots of Void-Born."

He paused before leaving as his stomache growled audibly. "Eat first, maybe?"
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

"Feng agree with little one," Feng says as he enters the room, ducking his head to fit through the doorway. "Eat, then fight. Good day,"

9. - Top - End - #159

Korral begins "You're stomachs can be considered later. Right now we need to retrieve-" His stomach growls traitorously and loudly. "I..um...Maka..."

(Maka is a Goblin swear word the details of which are explicit need not be repeated here. Suffice to say it is not enjoyable)

10. - Top - End - #160

Connor smiles for the first time in front of this group.

"I don't want to seem immodest, but I am more than a little proficient in cooking. I have everything needed to cook in my bag, and even some fruit, not to mention a fresh slab of deer I picked up this morning. Unless there are objections, I'll get started right away."

Connor begins to sing softly in Celestial while getting a fire ready. You all notice the amount of things that he seems to be able to fit more than is really possible into the bag he carries on his person. He gets out flint, tinder, some logs, cooking spices, cooking pots and pans, fruit meat, and almost as an after thought, a very big barrel of what appears to be ale once he broaches the top. He even produces cups for everyone. Unless anyone objects he's going to start right away.

Profession: Cook check
    (1d20+21)[36]

11. - Top - End - #161

Sonny

Sonny feels his respect for Connor rise a notch or two. Cooks, in his estimation, were worth a lot more than bards, in the grand scheme of things. "Sonny has a contribution to make, as well," he offers, a modicum of respect in his voice.

He begins a long incantation that involves a lot of sweeping gestures and flashy hand movements. He continues for a full ten minutes, gesturing grandly.

At the conclusion of his spell, a long, handsomely-crafted table appears in the center of the room, along with steaming platters of food and goblets of drink.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Heroes' Feast: Produces a feast for up to 16 people, with table and chairs to match. Everyone who partakes will be immune to poison and fear and gains +1 on attack rolls and (1d8+8)[5](13) temporary hit points for 12 hours.
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2007-11-25 at 11:27 PM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

BardGuy

Nick

Nick's smile grows brighter. "And now a feast? You guys are awesome." Turning on his serious face (a slightly smaller smile), Nick continues. "A book in a brothel shouldn't be too hard to find. Do we know anything about the place?"

Nick will wait to take a seat at the table until the lady sits first.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng scratches his head at the awesome display of magic before him, then laughs nearly loud enough to deafen all those in the room

"Good day indeed!!", he calls out, looking quite impressed with himself at the word 'indeed' and sits down without any further waiting.
    Last edited by Tyrolin; 2007-11-25 at 11:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Is'sara

Is'sara smiles for the first time, lighting up her green eyes, then the light seems to fade slightly. "It's been a long time since I've seen a meal such as this and I'm certain the time it takes will be well worth it." She moves to the fire, drawing a cup of ale from the barrel and setting it to the side of the man before returning to the table and sitting opposite Feng. "I'm afraid I don't know the place personally," she addresses the bard and winks as he takes his chair. "Such a place in such a location probably leads to a great deal of intrigue."

-Walt Disney

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Gryfe

"Hmm...that must have cost you a pretty penny to obtain." Gryfe gestured towards the survival pouch and the grand conjured food on the table. "Then again, it was conjured through magic. Well, we might as well eat and then make a run for it, since these beasts seem like they're gonna chase us to the ends of the multiverse."

16. - Top - End - #166

SwashbucklerGuy

The ring on Melanthum's finger buzzes a bit, and a flat, emotionless voice that could be male of female says, "News?" just loud enough to be heard.

Challa and Sluk look unimpressd by the food, and continue pouring over the book, Sluk pausing as Nick speaks.

"Issa specialty place," Sluk says, "They've got sumting fer ever'one I 'ear tell. Called 'The Lady 'o Pleasure', on account isin Sigil, ya get it?"

Challa eyes Sluk, who looks blinks and shrugs, "Wha? I been by a time er two. Can't spend all oor time lookin' atta book."

17. - Top - End - #167

Korral bare-handedly grabs a thick hunk of meat from the table and tears into it voraciously, his savage ancestry apparent in his table manners.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Melanthum

Melanthum's face splits into a slow grin as he hears of their next mission, and he chuckles a bit as he sits down at the feast, digging in with gusto. Despite his slender frame, he packs away a sizable portion of food, sighing contentedly. As he finishes, he cleanses his hands before reaching into his bag of holding, searching for a moment before reverently withdrawing a large, corked bottle. The bottle itself is crafted out of a dark green crystal, and the contents within seem to swirl of their own volition. He takes out a number of matching glasses, setting each with a flourish on the table before unstopping the bottle and pouring a measure of the liquid into each one before passing it to his companions.

Ah... now here's a rare drop. A delectable little vintage the elf-spirits of Arcadia brew up in their spare time, goes by the name of dreamwine He lifts his glass in salute. To the fallen, where'er in the planes she may walk now, and to better fortune for all of us in the future.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2007-11-26 at 12:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Korral refuses his cup. "I don't drink. Part of my practice," he says tersely.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-26 at 12:13 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

BardGuy

Nick eagerly eats of the feast, stopping before he gets too full. He accepts his cup and drinks to the memory of his fallen companions. After the meal he points to Melanthum's hand. "Shall we report in? No sense keeping that guy back home waiting."

21. - Top - End - #171

Connor nods at Melanthum after picking up a glass. He seems to enjoy the wine very much.

"My thanks for the wine, sir. I don't believe we've had proper introductions. I am Connor Lightwing, member of the Order of the Celestial Hand of Heironeous ((am I spelling that right?))."

He finishes his wine.

"To our Fallen."
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-11-26 at 08:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Korral nods to Connor. "I am Korral Lathander of the Iron Heart, History Wielder, Master of the Iron Heart path and journeyman of the Diamond Mind path, personal bodyguard to King Kromadier, Elf-friend, Son of Lark An who is Wurmsbane, Brother of Vollog Vellersred who is Lorekeeper." He pauses for a moment. "I could go on, my people are ones for titles. However, those are the important ones."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-27 at 03:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng speaks without really swallowing, allowing some bits of food to spray from his mouth as he bashes his chest, "Feng is Feng! That all that important!"

24. - Top - End - #174

BardGuy

Nick

"Introducing ourselves all over again eh? I'm with Feng on this one, titles don't suit me well. I'm Nick." He replaces his cup on the table and relaxes, knowing full well he wouldn't be able to rest for long.
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2007-11-26 at 06:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Gryfe

"Well Nick, I guess we are... I'd be Gryfe Baghr, woodsman and scout as well as an expert with blades of all sorts, although I picked up this --he brandishes the Courtblade-- from the elves as a gift. I am always on the move, so I tend to travel lightly. Well that's it for me."

He then turns towards the table and begins to search for some of his favorite foods. Seeing the glasses, he says, "Ah...Dreamwine. That would have cost you another pretty penny? They don't part with their stock all that easily anymore, although they do sell it." His senses are already heightened, and he does not need drinks to sharpen or weaken them.

26. - Top - End - #176

Sonny

Far be it from Sonny to pass up a chance to boast. "Sonny," he introduced himself, "high priest of Broken Tooth clan. Something need killing, you come to Sonny. You need fixing, Sonny do that too."

He mused aloud, now mostly talking to himself, "Maybe make you better. How you feel about becoming a Wraith?... Mummies maybe good, too..." He trailed off, thinking.
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2007-11-27 at 02:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Feng finishes, wipes himself off on the table cloth, and stands. "No more time. Let us go"

28. - Top - End - #178

Is'sara

"And I'm Is'sara, a cleric of Pelor," she adds after she finishes chewing. "I'm pleased that you were all found quickly - I just hope it's quickly enough." She gives a half smile as Feng shows his impatience and stands as well. "I agree, and I'm ready to go." She crosses the room to where her shield and pack are piled and gets them all arranged.

-Walt Disney

29. - Top - End - #179

SwashbucklerGuy

Challa nods to Is'sara and give her basic directions, trusting that between her and this Melanthum character they can find the brothel.

"Please be quick," Challa says, "and if you run into Galxakx I hope you give him one for Sluk and I. Good luck."

With that he turns back to the Brass Book.

30. - Top - End - #180

Korral stands and begins to sheathe his blade before considering where they are going, and leaves it naked in his hand. "Seeing as the environment is hostile, we should probably decide order of movement now to avoid a repeat of what happened last time. In my opinion it should be Feng, Connor, Gryf, Melanthum, Nick, Sonny, Is'sara and me taking the rear. Any other opinions?"