Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 299
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Banned
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind you. ;-)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    "Feng not much help here. Too many things, only one sword", Feng says, looking at the hilt of his greatsword over his shoulder and shrugging.
    "What Feng do?", he asks, trusting the others.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    "If drinks are available here, we can buy rounds for the patrons. I've noticed that alcohol can loosen tongues faster than a kind or intimidating word sometimes."

    Connor squints at the Drow in a suspicious manner as he notices them.

    "Those four Drow seem to be quite alert, considering the surroundings."

    ((Sense motive on the Drow to see if Connor can get some sort of hint as to the Drows' intentions.

    Sense Motive
    (1d20+21)[33]
    Last edited by Cyrus112; 2007-12-05 at 04:50 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Gryfe

    From the concealing shadows, Gryfe interrupts, "Perhaps you didn't notice the man who was talking with those two drow as we came in. He disappeared through that door. Wherever you find drow... you find evil and usually illegal things taking place."

    Gryfe slowly draws his sword and scrutinizes the patrons keenly for clues.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to roll Listen, Spot and Search checks...

    Listen: (1d20+19)[30]
    Search: (1d20+18)[27]
    Spot: (1d20+19)[28]

    I'm looking for anything out of the ordinary.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Nick

    Nick looks with alarm as Gryfe draws his sword.
    "We shouldn't draw attention to ourselves. The sword might be a bad idea."
    Nick will manuver a little closer to the drow, trying to overhear anything they are saying.

    Spoiler
    Show
    listen: (d20+19)[34]

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Conner gets the feeling that the drow are guarding something, and that the two reclining on the bench are surely helping the two obvious guards.

    Neither Gryfe nor Nick hear the drow, as they are not speaking. Gryfe can hear many interesting, and in some cases stimulating, conversations and sounds from the patrons, but nothing of any real value.

    As Gryfe draws his sword, he sees one of the drow make a very slight, but obviously deliberate motion with his hand.
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Melanthum

    Melanthums nods for a moment, thoughtfully trying to recall anything he might have heard about this establishment, in particular any items regarding "back room" deals or shady merchants who might operate out of the place.

    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll="Knowledge Local(Sigil)"]1d20+26[/roll]

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Melanthum remembers that the Lady of Pain is reputed to be built upon a much older building that was, according to legend, a temple to the Great Mother.

    The drow continue to watch Gryfe warily, and a half-elven woman wearing a white toga starts walking towards him, her eyes uncertain as to his purpose.
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Melanthum

    Melanthum relays the information to his compatriots in a low voice.

    I've heard a few whispers of this place in tavern shadows... chant is that it was built over a much older structure... dedicated to the Beholder goddess, the Great Mother.

    He watches the woman approach, waiting to see what she wants before he reacts.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    dyslexicfaser's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Sonny

    Sonny, who had followed the group in, stayed at the back of the troop and sulked. He paused as Melanthum's words washed over him."Great Mother... no way connected to beholder we know, is there?"

    It seemed like a big leap in logic, but how many beholders and beholder hang-outs could there be in Sigil? He knew the things were rare - he'd never even seen one in all his 34 years.

    Then he shook his head. "Sonny thinks that if that so, might be very bad hiding place for important book."
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Nick

    Nick scours his mind to think of any rumors about what exactly the 'Great Mother' is, and any connections it might have to books.

    Spoiler
    Show
    bardic knowledge: (d20+17)[37]


    "Just how big was this older structure Mel? We could have a maze on our hands."
    Last edited by Quxelopqr; 2007-12-06 at 02:26 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Nick has heard tales about the Great Mother, the goddess of the xenophobic Beholders. She lords over magic, fertility, and tyrany and lives in the Abyss.

    The half-elven woman steps close to Gryfe and whispers to him, "Good sir, Might I ask that you put your weapon away? Such things are not allowed here."
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Gryfe

    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually meant it to be as a concealed gesture, so that the Drow and anybody else wouldn't see it. The sword I mean.


    Gryfe withdraws the sword back into the folds of his cloak, as if he had put it away.

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    (Ah, well, then I figure you can ignore the bit about the half-elf)
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Connor

    Still squinting, Connor says, "Those Drow are very suspicious. It would appear that the four of them are guarding something. Does anyone want to attempt to talk to them? I would, but knowing what I know about Drow would most likely turn that conversation frighteningly fast into a violent and messy confrontation."

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    At this, Korral turns to Nick and says: "Want to try talking to them?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Nick

    Giving a smile, Nick agrees. He stands in the middle of the group first and casts 'alter self' to turn himself into a drow, then follows that up by casting 'glibness'. Now that he looks like them, he walks over to them and speaks in elven.

    "My companions and I need to go into that room behind you. The man who went in first is wanted by the Lady of Pain herself and we were already cleared by your boss to apprehend him. It would be in your best interests to let us through."
    Spoiler
    Show
    hide if I need it so no one notices I'm casting or turning into a drow: (d20+5)[8]
    bluff: (d20+54)[60]

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    The drow blink at Nick. The two of them then blink at one another.

    One of them says, "Jahna is helping the Lady now?" He shrugs and throws another glance at his partner, "Well, I won't argue... whats with all the pinkskins, though?"
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Nick

    Smiling, Nick adds "The pinkskins are in disguise to throw off the enemy. What better way to trick someone?"

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    The drow looks sort of out of his depth, but nods and stands aside.

    "Well, hurry up then. I don't think the crazies will be happy to see you, especially if you're on the Lady's orders, but we won't stop you."
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    dyslexicfaser's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Sonny

    This 'not killing everyone who gets in our way' plan may work after all, Sonny thought idly as he wordlessly trooped past the dark elves, realizing that his pidgin Common would sound rather odd from what was supposed to be a disguised drow.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Nick

    Nick nods to the drow and thanks them before he beckons the group in and walks inside.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhiteKnight777's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    beyond the furthest star
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Melanthum

    Melanthum shrugs and follows after, giving the two drow a single arched eyebrow as he walks past. Though he wasn't exactly sure what was being said, he could tell it was insulting by their tone.
    Like dragons and/or allegory? A little writing project I'm working on. Check back for updates, and feedback is always appreciated!

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Korral strides past the Drow, rubbing his neck so as to put his hand near his sword hilt.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zimmia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the prison of my mind
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Is'sara

    Is'sara flicks a glance at the drow as she passes so as not to completely ignore them and follows the rest through the door.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

    I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Banned
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind you. ;-)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Feng cracks his neck before following the group, feeling awkward indeed when he is walking between two of the powerful elven race.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Connor

    Connor clenches his jaw as he walks past the Drow, knowing that if he lost his composure, he would start a fight with the Drow, and that would not be conducive to their current situation. It was just so hard for him to let an evil person walk off without at least a sound beating.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    The door leads to a very long, sloping path. There aren't actual stairs, just a gentle incline leading downward. After perhaps twenty feet down, the incline ends at a low arch, flanked by two burning torches. Beyond this archway is a hallway about ten feet wide, made of grayish stone carved into blocks. The hallway extends out into darkness.
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    ((Connor has darkvision out to 60ft.))

    Connor attempts to peer into the darkness to see if he can make out any discerning marks.

    Spot
    (1d20+21)[36]

    If the darkness stretches on farther than he can see, Connor will look around for any loose stone, cast daylight on it and huck it down the hallway into the darkness.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    Gryfe

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gryfe also has Darkvision out to 120 Feet, so I'll just roll Listen, Search and Spot checks I guess...

    Listen: (1d20+19)[24]
    Search: (1d20+18)[35]
    Spot: (1d10+19)[29]


    Gryfe slowly inches his blindfold up to examine the area with his naturally powerful darkvision, before pulling it back down again.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Heroes into Hell

    At the very farthest reaches of his darkvision, Gryfe can make out what may be an archway similar to the one they came through. Other than that, the corridor is simply blank stone. The faintest sound of someone speaking in an odd way can be barely heard over the ringing silence.

    There are a few loose rocks here and there.
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •