Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 244
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    The ship is quickly cleared of all useful equipment and items, and an unconscious Jilikian is dragged from the wreckage.

    "Alright men, take what you can use and carry as much as is reasonable. I need some help to rig up a stretcher for Jilikian, and then we need to move. The smoke's going to act like a beacon for every piece of xenos trash in the city, and I haven't a clue where the k'lsh'rk we've crashed. R'nshai! Rig the lander. M'gn's, rockets for you. Get ready to move out and keep your eyes skinned. I don't want even a j'skrit to get within a hundred yards, is that clear?" The sergeant bellows, obviously becoming more and more agitated as time goes by. You can hardly blame him. It's his first command and he's just lost the other two squads he was with, two of his men are injured, and his squad's alone and lost in a hostile city. Really, it's amazing he hasn't started cracking yet.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    By this time, Jakken has already made a make-shift stretcher and placed it under Jilikian.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai has the lander rigged in about two minutes, an easy task since the craft exposed some of the fuel lines. "I'd stand back!" he hollers and flicks a match into the prometheum soaked cabin. Any nearby feel a wash of heat and hear the roar of the blaze. He moves up and takes position with the rest, his new lasgun and a few extra clips in tow.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Can't see any Orks out here Sarge Zavrath walks towards the crashed lander and searches for las clips, hellfire clips, food, supplies, grenades, etc. He also looks for an auspex, map, or other navigation tool.

    Summary of loot:

    Las clips
    Food
    General Supplies
    Hellfire clips (if any)
    Grenades (if any)
    Auspex, map, or other navigation tools (if any)


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Tauride holds out his weapon and points it out in the opposite direction from Zavrath. The smoke and darkness flitter confusing his judgment but he keeps looking anyway.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[5]
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Zavrath takes a swig of the wolf's breath that is being passed around.

    "Ugh! Who backwashed" he says spitting out a mouthful.

    I should probably start keeping watch again.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Hide: 15
    Spot: 22
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2007-11-18 at 06:35 PM.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GrandDukeJerot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    I'll keep watch too. We'd be in trouble if those greenskins were able to sneak up on us.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hide 1d20+5 (1d20+5)[19]
    Spot 1d20+1 (1d20+1)[4]
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

    Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

    Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor


  8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Ok, I'll take the south side, you look north. Don't worry about the orks sneaking up on us, they are 8 feet tall and have dark green skin, how hard can they be to spot?"

    Zavrath loads his long-las with a regular las-clip. He then holds his pendant and whispers to himself "Fightign for you, fighting for you..."
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2007-11-18 at 07:41 PM.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GrandDukeJerot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    I know what you mean, Zavrath. I was sayin' that if they could sneak up on us, we'd be the laughingstock of the segmentum.

    Jarrak too loads and positions his sniper rifle, watching for enemy forces to the north.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

    Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

    Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor


  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    A cough sounds, and Jilikian rolls face down. Dry heaving and coughing loud, harsh, barks, she hacks as her comarades watch her worriedly. After a full minute and a half, she spits a glob of nearly solid vomit onto the ground, watching it steam in the cold.
    Damn orcs nearly got me... thank the Emporer...
    She then rises to her knee.
    Well, I'm alive. And I got my lasgun. What else does the Emporer need? I might make consiousness if I try hard.
    She comes up smiling, as though her heart wasn't stopped for a few beats after that massive crash. She pulls her lasgun to her hip, the wind blowing lightly through her dirty, silver hair.
    What'd I miss?
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-11-18 at 10:21 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Oh nothing much other than the standard corpse stripping, casualty checks and field burials. We pulled all the gear we could find, ask the sergeant what you can have and what he wants you to do." R'nshai moves off between Jarrak and Zavrath and hunkers down into the snow, lasgun at the ready and set to full power, keeping his eyes out for orks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[4] hide (1d20)[7] spot
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Even though we might be safe for now, we can't let our guard down. Is there any way out of here?" He raises his rocket launcher to his shoulder, checking to see that it is indeed loaded. He then looks around.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21] Spot
    (1d20+2)[12] Listen
    Last edited by Penguinizer; 2007-11-19 at 08:35 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    As the roaring of the fire and the ringing in your ears subside, you have time to take in the surroundings. The city, that of it you can see, at any rate, is a mishmash of towering plascrete spires and ramshackle sheet metal dwellings clinging around their bases like a bad rash. The surfaces of the standing spires are soot-scorched and battle-damaged, and several of them have fallen, leaving stumps like broken teeth reaching into the sky. It is one of these you crashed into, and your ruined craft is lying not a hundred yards from its base, pluming thick promethium smoke clouds.

    As the squad settles into guard positions, an eerie high pitched cackling fills the air, inhuman screeches and yelps echoing through the narrow and filthy streets. As soon as this registers, the first of the little greenskins comes into view.

    "Grots! Keep steady, lads! Wait until they're in plain sight!" Bellows the sergeant, readying his lasgun as he kneels up against a nearby ruined wall.

    The grots get closer and closer, brandishing their crude guns and blades, peppering the ruins with lead shot. It seems like there are numberless hordes, but since the only access to the crash site is via two narrow roads, this is an illusion. There can't be more than twenty of the little devils rushing inwards.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis finishes securing his backpack and goes to take the free end of Jillikan's stretcher, just before she wakes up. Not long after setting the stretcher back down, he hears the sound of the incoming grot and unslings his lasgun. He ducks behind the nearest pile of rubble, and double checks that his lasgun holds a functional power cell. He lines up his iron sights on the densest clump of advancing grots as he waits for the order to fire.

    To speed up the game I'm making my rolls in advance. If the sergeant orders us to open fire, Jurgis shoots a three round burst at the grots he has in his sights.
    Spoiler
    Show

    To hit 1: 6+5+(point blank shot) = 11 or 12 if within 30'
    To hit 2: 17+3+(point blank shot) = 20 or 21 if within 30'
    To hit 3: 5+1+(point blank shot) = 6 or 7 if within 30'

    Since I don't know their AC, i'm going to roll damage for each shot
    Dam 1: 8 (9 if within 30')
    Dam 2: 9 (10 if within 30')
    Dam 3: 7 (8 if within 30')
    Last edited by Electric_Monkey; 2007-11-19 at 02:48 PM.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    M'gn's raises the rocket launcher. Having loaded a frag missile into it he fires it towards the center of the swarm. He then attempts to reload hastily.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[14] to hit
    Damage (if I hit): (5d6)[17]. Frag missile.
    Damage reduced for 5 feet: (1d6)[4]
    Damage reduced for 10 feet: (2d6)[9]

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show

    Your rolls are not done right, Penguinizer. Here's what they should be:

    (5d6) [16] - target
    (4d6) [10] - 5 feet
    (3d6) [7] - 10 feet
    (2d6) [8] - 15 feet
    (1d6) [2] - 20 feet


    "OPEN FIRE!" The sergeant yells as the grots close in, and Jurgis's quick reflexes blast two grots to the ground, one with a hole through its skull, the other with a gaping wound in its chest. His third shot hums past another as his first targets drop.

    M'gn's rocket roars down the street, annihilating eighteen grots with a single shrapnel-filled cloud. As the red mist settles, the horde presses on, although a lot more timorously. You see that four more grots are bleeding from shrapnel wounds.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jannek rips the safety off his gun and fires a wide shot at one of the bleeding Grots, drawing his knife as he misses.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+1)[3]

    (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-19 at 03:55 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Tauride, resisting the urge to go out and take the things on himself, pumps the gun into full -auto and hammers down the trigger.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I just wanted to get the full auto rules downpat while it was only grots. So feel free to correct.

    To hit: (1d20+2)[21]
    (1d20)[16]
    (1d20-2)[10]
    (1d20-4)[3]
    (1d20-6)[14]

    Re-roll: (1d20)[13] Mod to fit space

    Damage:(2d6)[3]
    (2d6)[10]
    (2d6)[7]
    (2d6)[6]
    (2d6)[10]







    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    If there is a slaver Zavrath will look for him and shoot with his sniper.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot (for Slaver)= 20
    Attack roll (slaver)=26(36) Crit!
    Crit conform (if needed)=20.
    Damage (assuming assuming crit)= 60
    Otherwise Damage= 15


    If there is no slaver Zavrath will not waste precious sniper ammo on grotz, instead eh will be M'g'n's loader.

    OOC: wow, rolls from heaven.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2007-11-19 at 05:21 PM.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    As soon as he hears the order to fire R'nshai jumps up from the snow. With practiced ease he draws the thin flamer and belches a gout of flame into the grot advance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    stop me if i'm not doing this right (1d20+4)[13] and damage if i hit (2d4)[3]
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Verrukt, you're fine for the weapon stuff.
    Viginti_tres, the full auto mode only fires 3 shots, not four. Sorry if you misunderstood. Otherwise everything's good.
    Shades of grey, it will take you a move action to get to M'gn's, so you'll be there to help next turn. There's no slaver visible, and you see that these are wild and poorly armed, even by the descriptions you've had of grots.


    Tauride's first shot finishes one of the wounded grots, the lasbolt hitting it in the shoulder and spinning it off its feet in a puff of dark smoke. His second flashes into an oncoming greenskin, boiling its internal organs as its metal armour acts as a superconductor for the heat.

    The lance of burning promethium from the flamer lights up the street, and ignites four grots, which burn with an oily black smoke and horrible, cracking screams as they run around wildly, trying desperately to put themselves out.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis grins as his targets fall. "Burn and flee, Greenskinned mongrels!" he shouts above the din of battle as he readies his lasgun for another salvo. (I know I'll have to wait until everyone's had their turn, but I might not be able to post for a while, so I'm putting my next round in now and it can "happen" at the appropriate time - also, what's the tactical situation like - how close are the nearest survivors.)

    Spoiler
    Show

    If any grots are attacking Jurgis, he screams at them, swinging his lasgun stock at one with his left hand, while he fumbles for his knife with his right.

    Lasgun (improvised club): 17+2-4(improvised weapon)-4(off hand, working on the difference between main and off hand to get off-hand modifier when not attacking with main hand) = 11
    Damage: (assuming d6): 1+1 = 2

    If you rule that I can't go for the knife when swinging the lasgun, then I just swing the lasgun two-handed. Yes, I know I could drop the gun as a free action, draw the knife as a move action, and attack as a standard action - but Jurgis is a kid in his first combat. He's going to make sub-optimal moves.

    If there are still grots incoming and he isn't in melee, Jurgis fires another salvo.

    to hit 1: 12+5(+1?) =17 or 18 if in 30'
    to hit 2: 6+3(+1?) = 9 or 10 if in 30'
    to hit 3: 17+1(+1?) = 18 or 19 if in 30'

    dam 1: 4 or 5 if in 30'
    dam 2: 8 or 9 if in 30'
    dam 3: 2 or 3 if in 30'

    If the other guys clear out the grots before my turn comes around, I'll just have to respond in my post.
    Last edited by Electric_Monkey; 2007-11-20 at 07:43 PM. Reason: colourised speech
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jannek moves forward, interposing himself between his comrades and any remaining Grots, taking a shot at them as he does so.

    (1d20+1)[16]

    (1d6)[6]
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Need any help with that?"

    Zavrath helps M'g'n load his missile launcher.

    Spoiler
    Show

    In the missile launcher description it says that if you have a person helping you, it counts as a move action. Can I make an attack with my laspistol?

    If yes:

    attk:14
    dmg: 6


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GrandDukeJerot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jarrak spits out his lho stick and begins to open fire.

    Spoiler
    Show

    To Hit 1 (1d20+5)(1d20+5)[14]
    To Hit 2 (1d20+5-2)(1d20+3)[12]
    To Hit 2 (1d20+5-4)(1d20+1)[4]
    Damage 1 (2d6) (2d6)[7]
    Damage 2 (2d6) (2d6)[8]
    Damage 3 (2d6) (2d6)[4]
    Also, are the sniper rifle users considered settled and aimed, since we have been acting as sentries? I assumed yes, but just subtract 3 to my hit rolls if I am incorrect.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

    Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

    Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor


  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai hardly reacts to the wash from his weapon. He champs down harder on his iho and slings the flamer to a new arc. Snows boils and hisses at the next blast and heat distorts the air. He roars over the blaze, an animal howl, the combat adrenaline is pumping hard, muscles in his neck and shoulders stand out stark and glistening.
    Spoiler
    Show
    hit (1d20+2)[12] damage [role]2d4[/role]
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-11-19 at 10:53 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry, screwed damage up (2d4)[7]
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jilikian shakes off the last of the dizziness as she heft her lasgun to her shoulder. Seeing the mass of grotz, she laughs.
    It's great how they all come at once like that. Makes this so much easier.
    She fires her lasgun, full-auto, into the oncoming mass.
    Better get some grenades ready for the bigger ones, though. They may stink the same, but they are more stubborn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will post rolls when I know how do fire full-auto
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-11-20 at 12:53 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken fires another shot into the mass:

    (1d20+1)[21]

    (1d6)[5]
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Tauride readies his second weapon and stares out to asses the incoming horde, he then makes his next move.

    He steadies his rifle and lets of another round of full-auto, none of these things are worth aiming for.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+2)[22]
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d20-2)[2]

    Damage: (2d6)[12]
    (2d6)[7]
    (2d6)[5]


    P.S. I am hoping i didn't just say Tauride will ass the grotz but i really don't know how to spell asses. Hopefully Laz gets my meaning, otherwise it could get a little weird.
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •