Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 244
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Damn Grotz!"

    Zavrath pulls the pin off his frag Grenade.

    "For The Emperor!"

    Zavrath throws his frag into the center off the mass of grotz.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack Roll= 12
    Damage=11
    Damage=7
    Damage=7
    Damage=2


    That's for the folks back home!

    Since reloading is a move action. I'm still helping M'g'n load his missile launcher.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's my full-auto attack. (1d20+5)[10] , (1d20+3)[10] , and (1d20+1)[16] , with (2d6)[7] (2d6)[6] and (2d6)[5] for damage, +1 to all rolls if they are within 30 feet.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GrandDukeJerot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jarrak fires once more into the horde of grot, swearing under his breath as he attempts to thin the horde.

    Spoiler
    Show

    First Shot (1d20+5)[15]
    Second Shot (1d20+3)[9]
    Third Shot (1d20+1)[16]
    First Damage (2d6)[11]
    Second Damage (2d6)[5]
    Third Damage (2d6)[6]
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

    Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

    Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor


  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    M'gn's shouts to Zavrath "No need to help me. The Emperor shall guide us all."

    He then fires into the mass, sending a small plume of smoke as the frag missile explodes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[23] Attack roll
    Damage: As I did it wrong another post.
    I think that's how the rolls work.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Penguinizer; 2007-11-22 at 12:50 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since I did the first damage rolls wrong. Re-doing them correctly.
    (5d6)[24]
    5ft: (4d6)[10]
    10ft:(3d6)[6]
    15ft:(2d6)[10]
    20ft:(1d6)[5]

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I'm not gonna list all the hits and so on, as the grots got butchered in a couple of rounds, so it's overkill to put it all in a post.


    The well-ordered and rapid response from the alert Guardsmen means that the horrendous charge of the grots turned the streets into a charnel house. Chunks of green flesh are stuck to walls and the road runs green with blood and pulped grot. The massive explosions from the missiles and the grenade have given most of the squad members a greenskin-mush bath, and the splattered flesh and bone sticks to uniforms and skin alike, staining everything green. A swathe of fire blocks one of the roads for the moment, the promethium fuel from the flamer erecting a barrier and filling the air with the stench of scorching grot. Every last assailant has been killed, and with no losses.

    Or so you thought. The sergeant is slumped at his position, his flack jacked shredded and bloodstained, a last lho-stick in his mouth slowly burning down to the filter, lit but unsmoked. He is an eerie sight, for his eyes are only half-closed, and it looks as though he is relaxing on the rubble, having a smoke, lasgun resting across his knees.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken's shoulders sag, his initial elation lost. "D***...it...all...to...H***!!!" He crys out the last word in helplessness.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis jumps to his feet, pumping a fist in the air. "Ha! We showed them! Mangy greenskins! Taste righteous..." He stops, realising his comrades are not joining his celebrations and turns to look. "Emperor's tears! - Sarge?!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've not used the board's rolls before - let's give them a try...
    [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    [roll0]
    [roll0]1d20+3[/roll0]
    [roll=testRoll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Electric_Monkey; 2007-11-22 at 03:38 PM.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Zavrath tries to wipe off most of the Greenskin Blood off him. Looking at the corpse of his sergeant, Zavrath throws down his helmet and long-las on the ground. He then starts a bout of mumbled curses.

    "Bloody-"

    He then pauses and looks at his comrades.

    "Now what do we do? Our leader is dead, we have no vox-caster, and we're stuck in the middle of nowhere with F****** Greenskins all around. We have no clue where to go. If we don't starve to death, we will die by the hands of those F****** Greenskins

    Zavrath then holds his pendant. He whispers to himself "I tried to fight for you, and I failed.

    Zavrath thens sits down, a frozen tear stuck to the side of his face.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai turns from the blaze in time to see everyone else notice the Sergeant. "Oh Sacred Emporer..." He wades through the charnel to the body and kneels. "Ave Imperator, Ave Terra Sanctis, Ave Omnissiah, Ave Imperator" He intones as he pulls the sergeants eyes closed for the last time. Then he begins rifling through the sergeants pockets, unfased by the others stares.
    Spoiler
    Show
    search (1d20)[15]
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-11-22 at 04:33 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken crushes the frozen tears on his face. "Alright, let's look at the big picture here. We have a few grenades, a variety of special weapons troopers, and a medic. We're trapped in enemy territory without any means of contacting the outside. It seems to me that we should start moving. Our best bet is to try to follow our predecessors, and maybe find a vox-caster with which we can contact the outside. Any objections?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    " You're right, It's what Sarge would have done anyway. We still need a temporary leader."

    With that Zavrath stands up, tucks his pendant under his shirt, picks up his long-las, puts his helmet on, and wipes the rest of the blood off his body.

    " Let's see if there is anything usable on these grotz, we also need to bury Sarge.

    Zavrath looks at R'nshai.

    "What are you doing? Don't loot him!"


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Tauride grunts and slowly stands up. He walks towards the body of the sergeant slowly.

    "That will do R'nshai." He said calmly as he placed his hand on the soldiers back and pulled him off there newly deceased leader.

    "This ground is too hard, we could be here for hours. Back home it was an ancient tradition to burn the body of a fallen warrior with his ship and the lander still burns strongly. At least then they wont get there filthy green hands on him. He said mournfully as he walked out towards the feral grots.

    There clothes were tattered and there bodies scarred long before they ever came across us. Tauride thought maybe they were simply running from other forces, just scared. He almost felt sorry for the pathetic things, then he thought of the sergeant.

    Prodding at the small corpses with his foot Tauride began to apathetically search through the field for anything of use.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[6]
    Last edited by Viginti_tres; 2007-11-22 at 05:43 PM.
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis stares numbly at the body of the sergeant, motionless except for the constant tightening of his fingers on the lasgun, turning his knuckles white. After watching the others discuss the burial of the sergeant he eventually breaks his silence. "Twenty-three." he croaks. "The two other squads, the pilots and now Sarge makes twenty-three...Twenty-three in less than an hour, and not even to soldiers. To a crash and rabble.....Twenty-three"
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai wheels on Tauride, "I mean no disrespect, and I heartily agree that we must bury him, but our chances of survival will increase greatly if he has any intel of use to us on his person!" he pauses, and calms down "I'll be just a second, and then we can properly lain to rest." he bends down to finish his search.
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-11-22 at 09:58 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "We face enough out here, so i'll not fight you. Do what you will if you must but i'll have no part of it." Bellowed Tauride from out in the field, walking back towards the squad.

    "Zavrath i do agree with however. If we have learnt anything from this it's that we wont all agree, yet some sort of decision needs to be made. Any volunteers while we are just standing here?" He said to the group.

    "For now though, do we burn or bury?"
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jannek looks grim. "I don't mean disrespect to the late sergeant, but cremation is far more practical at this time. It would take to long to bury him with the ground frozen like this. R'nshai? I believe this is your area of specialization..."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    All right! All of you!
    Jilikian stands up. Wiping some grot guts from her eyes, she faces the disheartened squad. A scowl crosses here face.
    We're not here to hold a funeral, and we're not here to hide like a bunch of citizens waiting for the Guard to come rescue us. WE ARE THE GUARD! We are the Emporer's fist! More than that, we're Kilandrians! I don't know about you, but I've seen people die. To cold. To the wolves. To any of the hundred things our planet throws at us! Now, the Sarge was a good man. A good servant of the Emporer. So he deserves to be burned and not left to this filth. But we don't have time to wait around! We have a job to do, and as Kilandrians, we know how to do it! We're taking this city, even if we have to kill every greenskin in it!
    She looks each of them in the eye.
    The city must have some kind of communications. I say we head in, causing as much distress for those xenos as we can, until we find some way to contact command. Then we hook up with them. We need to take this city, or the planet may fall. At worst, we die. And I think we all recognised that when we came kicking and screaming into sub zero weather. At best, we take this back for the Emporer, one step, one las shot, and one dead green skin at a time.
    Pulling back the slide on her las, she waits for any of them to challenge her statement, watching them from her short height with a look of strength and duty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate roll (1d20+6)[13]
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-11-22 at 10:47 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Well she gets my vote." Tauride says with a smile.

    Walking towards the sergeant he asks "What happened to the stretcher that was made for our new sergeant just after the landing?"

    "Hell i know its not official..." Tauride said leaning over the deceased sergeant "..But i doubt anyone here is going to disagree with you right after that little speech. His arm jerked upwards

    As he walked towards Jilikian he presented her with the sergeants stripes. "What do ya say?"
    Last edited by Viginti_tres; 2007-11-22 at 10:56 PM.
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    She smiles, the warmth erasing the scowl as quick as it appeared.
    Only if everyone agrees. Here's to hoping the Comissar doesn't brain me for assuming lead without his approval.
    Thinking, she remembers something.
    Damn, forgot. They wanted us to take the space port. Then we won't lose any more men to these hell dives.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis bites his lip, and with an effort draws himself up to his full height. He gives a shaky salute and tries to hide the trembling in his voice as he says "I'm with you Sergeant. All the way.".

    He then looks down to his lasgun as he double checks the ammunition and secures the gun on his shoulder strap. As he does so, he can be heard muttering faintly under his breath "Twenty-three"
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jannek isn't paying attention to Jilikian's theatrics, instead keeping watch in case another wave of Grotz, or worse, comes.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    M'gn's holds his head, rocket launcher falling to the ground with a clang. He holds his head, wiping off any green blood. He curses silently to himself, he then falls to the ground in a sitting position, and starts loading a melta missile into the launcher.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai stands from the body and turns to meet the eyes of his new brevet sergeant. "May the Emporer guide you footsteps Sir" he says in all sincerity, and snaps off a smart salute. "Orders, Sir?"
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jill's Right. We need attack the Xenos head on. I think Jill, The Troopers, The Flamer, and The Medic should lead the attack

    Zavrath pauses.

    The snipers and our Rocket Launcher should provide cover fire.

    Problem is, we don't know where in the emperor's name we are!


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "We need to get to the space port, that is the main priority. To get there however we have to find out where we are, to do that we need a map or a vox caster.

    It looks like we are going to have to head into the city. hell if we take a few down before the spaceport wheres the harm.

    That is of course only if you want to."
    Said Tauride looking towards Jilikian.

    "So Zavrath, basically your plan is to put every bit of flesh we have between you and the enemy. Hah , you sound like a commisar" He said with a laugh, hitting the sniper on the shoulder.
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis looks up from his rifle If...if I may make a suggestion, everyone -" he stammers, "It doesn't matter where we go right now, so long as we put distance between ourselves and the crash. Once we've done that, I'd want to find an intact building we can climb to get a better view of the city. Trouble is, the orks would probably have taken over most of the standing buildings..." he tails off and goes back to fidgeting with his gun.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GrandDukeJerot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    I agree with Jurgis. Jarrek drawls out. The further away from this warp-damned spot, the more likely we'll live through this.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

    Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

    Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor


  29. - Top - End - #89
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    I agree with Jurgis. We have maps, all we need is a reference point. If we can find out where we are, then we can find out where the spaceport is. We also need to get the h*** out of here. We should try to find an important building that would have some useful things.

    OOC: Do we have compasses?


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "An important building, well you know what they say. Size matters. If we head to the biggest building on the skyline we should be able to spot the port or at least find something of use." Said Tauride.

    He then walked out of the circle of disussion and went to man the perimeter.
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •