New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

"Damn Grotz!"

Zavrath pulls the pin off his frag Grenade.

"For The Emperor!"

Zavrath throws his frag into the center off the mass of grotz.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll= 12
    Damage=11
    Damage=7
    Damage=7
    Damage=2

That's for the folks back home!

Since reloading is a move action. I'm still helping M'g'n load his missile launcher.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's my full-auto attack. (1d20+5)[10] , (1d20+3)[10] , and (1d20+1)[16] , with (2d6)[7] (2d6)[6] and (2d6)[5] for damage, +1 to all rolls if they are within 30 feet.
    The Bear is Back.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jarrak fires once more into the horde of grot, swearing under his breath as he attempts to thin the horde.

Spoiler
    Show

First Shot (1d20+5)[15]
    Second Shot (1d20+3)[9]
    Third Shot (1d20+1)[16]
    First Damage (2d6)[11]
    Second Damage (2d6)[5]
    Third Damage (2d6)[6]
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

M'gn's shouts to Zavrath "No need to help me. The Emperor shall guide us all."

He then fires into the mass, sending a small plume of smoke as the frag missile explodes.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[23] Attack roll
    Damage: As I did it wrong another post.
    I think that's how the rolls work.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Penguinizer; 2007-11-22 at 12:50 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I did the first damage rolls wrong. Re-doing them correctly.
    (5d6)[24]
    5ft: (4d6)[10]
    10ft:(3d6)[6]
    15ft:(2d6)[10]
    20ft:(1d6)[5]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I'm not gonna list all the hits and so on, as the grots got butchered in a couple of rounds, so it's overkill to put it all in a post.

The well-ordered and rapid response from the alert Guardsmen means that the horrendous charge of the grots turned the streets into a charnel house. Chunks of green flesh are stuck to walls and the road runs green with blood and pulped grot. The massive explosions from the missiles and the grenade have given most of the squad members a greenskin-mush bath, and the splattered flesh and bone sticks to uniforms and skin alike, staining everything green. A swathe of fire blocks one of the roads for the moment, the promethium fuel from the flamer erecting a barrier and filling the air with the stench of scorching grot. Every last assailant has been killed, and with no losses.

Or so you thought. The sergeant is slumped at his position, his flack jacked shredded and bloodstained, a last lho-stick in his mouth slowly burning down to the filter, lit but unsmoked. He is an eerie sight, for his eyes are only half-closed, and it looks as though he is relaxing on the rubble, having a smoke, lasgun resting across his knees.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jakken's shoulders sag, his initial elation lost. "D***...it...all...to...H***!!!" He crys out the last word in helplessness.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jurgis jumps to his feet, pumping a fist in the air. "Ha! We showed them! Mangy greenskins! Taste righteous..." He stops, realising his comrades are not joining his celebrations and turns to look. "Emperor's tears! - Sarge?!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've not used the board's rolls before - let's give them a try...
    [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    [roll0]
    [roll0]1d20+3[/roll0]
    [roll=testRoll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Electric_Monkey; 2007-11-22 at 03:38 PM.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show

PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

9. - Top - End - #69

Zavrath tries to wipe off most of the Greenskin Blood off him. Looking at the corpse of his sergeant, Zavrath throws down his helmet and long-las on the ground. He then starts a bout of mumbled curses.

"Bloody-"

He then pauses and looks at his comrades.

"Now what do we do? Our leader is dead, we have no vox-caster, and we're stuck in the middle of nowhere with F****** Greenskins all around. We have no clue where to go. If we don't starve to death, we will die by the hands of those F****** Greenskins

Zavrath then holds his pendant. He whispers to himself "I tried to fight for you, and I failed.

Zavrath thens sits down, a frozen tear stuck to the side of his face.

10. - Top - End - #70

R'nshai turns from the blaze in time to see everyone else notice the Sergeant. "Oh Sacred Emporer..." He wades through the charnel to the body and kneels. "Ave Imperator, Ave Terra Sanctis, Ave Omnissiah, Ave Imperator" He intones as he pulls the sergeants eyes closed for the last time. Then he begins rifling through the sergeants pockets, unfased by the others stares.
    Spoiler
    Show
    search (1d20)[15]
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-11-22 at 04:33 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

11. - Top - End - #71

Jakken crushes the frozen tears on his face. "Alright, let's look at the big picture here. We have a few grenades, a variety of special weapons troopers, and a medic. We're trapped in enemy territory without any means of contacting the outside. It seems to me that we should start moving. Our best bet is to try to follow our predecessors, and maybe find a vox-caster with which we can contact the outside. Any objections?"

12. - Top - End - #72

" You're right, It's what Sarge would have done anyway. We still need a temporary leader."

With that Zavrath stands up, tucks his pendant under his shirt, picks up his long-las, puts his helmet on, and wipes the rest of the blood off his body.

" Let's see if there is anything usable on these grotz, we also need to bury Sarge.

Zavrath looks at R'nshai.

"What are you doing? Don't loot him!"

13. - Top - End - #73

Tauride grunts and slowly stands up. He walks towards the body of the sergeant slowly.

"That will do R'nshai." He said calmly as he placed his hand on the soldiers back and pulled him off there newly deceased leader.

"This ground is too hard, we could be here for hours. Back home it was an ancient tradition to burn the body of a fallen warrior with his ship and the lander still burns strongly. At least then they wont get there filthy green hands on him. He said mournfully as he walked out towards the feral grots.

There clothes were tattered and there bodies scarred long before they ever came across us. Tauride thought maybe they were simply running from other forces, just scared. He almost felt sorry for the pathetic things, then he thought of the sergeant.

Prodding at the small corpses with his foot Tauride began to apathetically search through the field for anything of use.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[6]
    Last edited by Viginti_tres; 2007-11-22 at 05:43 PM.
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

"Way down in the hole"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jurgis stares numbly at the body of the sergeant, motionless except for the constant tightening of his fingers on the lasgun, turning his knuckles white. After watching the others discuss the burial of the sergeant he eventually breaks his silence. "Twenty-three." he croaks. "The two other squads, the pilots and now Sarge makes twenty-three...Twenty-three in less than an hour, and not even to soldiers. To a crash and rabble.....Twenty-three"
    Spoiler
    Show

PM me to request an av
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    Net Worth 1191 gp

15. - Top - End - #75

R'nshai wheels on Tauride, "I mean no disrespect, and I heartily agree that we must bury him, but our chances of survival will increase greatly if he has any intel of use to us on his person!" he pauses, and calms down "I'll be just a second, and then we can properly lain to rest." he bends down to finish his search.
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-11-22 at 09:58 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

"We face enough out here, so i'll not fight you. Do what you will if you must but i'll have no part of it." Bellowed Tauride from out in the field, walking back towards the squad.

"Zavrath i do agree with however. If we have learnt anything from this it's that we wont all agree, yet some sort of decision needs to be made. Any volunteers while we are just standing here?" He said to the group.

"For now though, do we burn or bury?"

"Way down in the hole"

17. - Top - End - #77

Jannek looks grim. "I don't mean disrespect to the late sergeant, but cremation is far more practical at this time. It would take to long to bury him with the ground frozen like this. R'nshai? I believe this is your area of specialization..."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

All right! All of you!
    Jilikian stands up. Wiping some grot guts from her eyes, she faces the disheartened squad. A scowl crosses here face.
    We're not here to hold a funeral, and we're not here to hide like a bunch of citizens waiting for the Guard to come rescue us. WE ARE THE GUARD! We are the Emporer's fist! More than that, we're Kilandrians! I don't know about you, but I've seen people die. To cold. To the wolves. To any of the hundred things our planet throws at us! Now, the Sarge was a good man. A good servant of the Emporer. So he deserves to be burned and not left to this filth. But we don't have time to wait around! We have a job to do, and as Kilandrians, we know how to do it! We're taking this city, even if we have to kill every greenskin in it!
    She looks each of them in the eye.
    The city must have some kind of communications. I say we head in, causing as much distress for those xenos as we can, until we find some way to contact command. Then we hook up with them. We need to take this city, or the planet may fall. At worst, we die. And I think we all recognised that when we came kicking and screaming into sub zero weather. At best, we take this back for the Emporer, one step, one las shot, and one dead green skin at a time.
    Pulling back the slide on her las, she waits for any of them to challenge her statement, watching them from her short height with a look of strength and duty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate roll (1d20+6)[13]
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-11-22 at 10:47 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

19. - Top - End - #79

"Well she gets my vote." Tauride says with a smile.

Walking towards the sergeant he asks "What happened to the stretcher that was made for our new sergeant just after the landing?"

"Hell i know its not official..." Tauride said leaning over the deceased sergeant "..But i doubt anyone here is going to disagree with you right after that little speech. His arm jerked upwards

As he walked towards Jilikian he presented her with the sergeants stripes. "What do ya say?"
    Last edited by Viginti_tres; 2007-11-22 at 10:56 PM.

"Way down in the hole"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

She smiles, the warmth erasing the scowl as quick as it appeared.
    Only if everyone agrees. Here's to hoping the Comissar doesn't brain me for assuming lead without his approval.
    Thinking, she remembers something.
    Damn, forgot. They wanted us to take the space port. Then we won't lose any more men to these hell dives.
    The Bear is Back.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jurgis bites his lip, and with an effort draws himself up to his full height. He gives a shaky salute and tries to hide the trembling in his voice as he says "I'm with you Sergeant. All the way.".

He then looks down to his lasgun as he double checks the ammunition and secures the gun on his shoulder strap. As he does so, he can be heard muttering faintly under his breath "Twenty-three"
    Spoiler
    Show

PM me to request an av
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    Net Worth 1191 gp

22. - Top - End - #82

Jannek isn't paying attention to Jilikian's theatrics, instead keeping watch in case another wave of Grotz, or worse, comes.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

M'gn's holds his head, rocket launcher falling to the ground with a clang. He holds his head, wiping off any green blood. He curses silently to himself, he then falls to the ground in a sitting position, and starts loading a melta missile into the launcher.

24. - Top - End - #84

R'nshai stands from the body and turns to meet the eyes of his new brevet sergeant. "May the Emporer guide you footsteps Sir" he says in all sincerity, and snaps off a smart salute. "Orders, Sir?"
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85

Jill's Right. We need attack the Xenos head on. I think Jill, The Troopers, The Flamer, and The Medic should lead the attack

Zavrath pauses.

The snipers and our Rocket Launcher should provide cover fire.

Problem is, we don't know where in the emperor's name we are!

26. - Top - End - #86

"We need to get to the space port, that is the main priority. To get there however we have to find out where we are, to do that we need a map or a vox caster.

It looks like we are going to have to head into the city. hell if we take a few down before the spaceport wheres the harm.

That is of course only if you want to."
    Said Tauride looking towards Jilikian.

"So Zavrath, basically your plan is to put every bit of flesh we have between you and the enemy. Hah , you sound like a commisar" He said with a laugh, hitting the sniper on the shoulder.

"Way down in the hole"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jurgis looks up from his rifle If...if I may make a suggestion, everyone -" he stammers, "It doesn't matter where we go right now, so long as we put distance between ourselves and the crash. Once we've done that, I'd want to find an intact building we can climb to get a better view of the city. Trouble is, the orks would probably have taken over most of the standing buildings..." he tails off and goes back to fidgeting with his gun.
    Spoiler
    Show

PM me to request an av
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    Net Worth 1191 gp

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

I agree with Jurgis. Jarrek drawls out. The further away from this warp-damned spot, the more likely we'll live through this.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

29. - Top - End - #89

I agree with Jurgis. We have maps, all we need is a reference point. If we can find out where we are, then we can find out where the spaceport is. We also need to get the h*** out of here. We should try to find an important building that would have some useful things.

OOC: Do we have compasses?

30. - Top - End - #90

"An important building, well you know what they say. Size matters. If we head to the biggest building on the skyline we should be able to spot the port or at least find something of use." Said Tauride.

He then walked out of the circle of disussion and went to man the perimeter.

"Way down in the hole"