Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 244
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "I agree, we need to find somewhere to scout from." M'gn's lights another iho stick, tired from the days ordeals.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jil smiled. She may be thenew sarge, but they all were a help.
    You all have good points. But bigger building, more orcs. I think something thin and tall, like a skyscraper, wuld be best. Maximum vision, cloer quarters that foavrus over numbers. Fewer places for some grot wth a deathwish to hide. Either way, let's get moving. I want the flamer and two lasguns in front. I'll take one of those positions, for the other I need a volunteer. Everyone else, file in. Sniper in the center so you don't get picked off in the back with no good close range weapon. Rocket too, to cover both ends of the convoy. Any other suggestions, make em quick. Let's move.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jannek takes center so that he can quickly get to any injured, his long knife out and ready in one hand, his Medkit in the other.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2007-11-25 at 03:31 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Right lets do this

    Zavrath brandishes his Knife and Pistol

    I'll take somewhere near the middle.

    Wait, what if they have radius effects? We'll be sitting ducks, all of us getting hit right away. Should we go in two groups? Or should we try a different plan?


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "I'll help with the lead." Smiles Tauride brandishing his two rifles.
    He looks down at the two bayonets as if trying to decide which one would work better. Eventually grabbing the one on the left he looked up at Zavrath "Loose formation buddy, weren't you at the academy? He laughed.
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Roger that," says Jurgis, hefting his lasgun, "I'll take left rear-guard"
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Gorkraj has been silent the whole discussion, moving slowly and purposefully and building himself a crutch. He pats Jilikian on the shoulder and nods. This is the most you'll usually get out of the stoic voxman. He takes up a position near the centre of the squad, laspistol in hand, and waits for orders.

    The nearest skyscraper is about a kilometer away, to what seems to be the northeast.

    The sergeant is carrying little of worth - a picture of him, three children and a woman, presumably his wife and kids, a small, almost-new journal with few entries, and a slightly more detailed map than the one you all carry. R'nshai, acting as chaplain, also picks up his dogtags, and adds them to the 23 others he's carrying (OOC: I'm presuming you're doing battlefield last rites, which are as follows: 1. Say prayer. 2. Remove dogtags. 3. Cremate/bury/abandon body).

    The grots have little - a few creds which they probably picked up for the shine, and some automatic pistols and crude knives. There's plenty of ammo for the guns around, so they'd make a practical and memorable trophy.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai stands from the body and turns to the rest of the squad. He hefts his flamer and smirks "Ready and willing Sir." he walks over to the grots and grabs an auto and a couple clips, stuffing the pistol into his waistband and the clips into a pocket. "Let's go."
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jil winks at Zavrath after Tauride answers for her. She stops and, with a quick smack of her las, dislodges a grot's pointy tooth. She puts this in her pack, smiling at the others, and then leads onwards towards the skyscraper, staying alert.
    Let's go, people. Honor and glory awaits, or atleast a hill of dead green skins!
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-11-25 at 09:58 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Why not all three?" Tauride smiled and took up a place on the opposite side of R'nshai.

    Maintaining a brisk pace at the front of the squad Tauride weaved in and out slightly as they had been taught at the academy. Never lead a predictable path, although the orks aren't known for there strategy.

    Gazing constantly to all sides and dead ahead Tauride willed that he spot the creature before it spots him. The Emperor has forsaken this place.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(d20)[13]
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis tails behind the group, nervously swiveling left and right as he scans the doorways, alleys and windows behind them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+3)[4]
    Listen - (1d20)[11]

    If Jurgis sees movement from behind, he shouts "Ambush!" and dives for cover at the side of the road, (Hopefully allowing the other players to react to the DMs post rather than waiting for me)

    Ouch... that's a bad roll. I'd better mention now that Jurgis will also try to alert the squad if he hears something, and will yell loudly if hit.
    Last edited by Electric_Monkey; 2007-11-26 at 07:52 AM.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    M'gn's follows the group, he has loaded the rocket launcher with a krak missile, and has his hand ready to draw his pistol.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[17] Spot
    (1d20+2)[11] Listen

    M'gn's will fire at any attackers, before moving towards cover.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai moves ahead, the cold wind seeming a balmy breeze to his kallindrian temperament. He moves low, flamer forward but held close to his body so as not to stick out. One hand is within easy distance of his las pistol. He keeps his body low and his eyes and ears sharp, ready to flame the first greenskin he sees.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[13] spot (1d20)[13] listen (1d20-1)[0] move silent.
    what are the stats for the auto, though I'd rather not have to use it
    edit: unless anyone objects, R'nshai carries the sergeant to the lander, puts the picture in his pocket, and rolls him into the fire
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-11-26 at 01:32 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    When Jill is out of sight Zavrath blushes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot: 15
    Listen: 16
    If I see any Greenskins will fire at them with my laspistol.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    It takes about half an hour to reach the nearby skyscraper, moving slowly and cautiously as you are. Once you get to within about a hundred yards of it, you can smell the foul stench of Ork wafting from the tower, and see some hunched, massive forms gathered around the base of the tower. Luckily, none of them see you, and you make it into the ruined shell of a building less than fifty yards from the doorway into the tower. There are at least four Orks clustered around the entrance, throwing rocks at the numerous grots and munching on partially rotted human remains.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis breathes a sigh of relief as the troop nears its destination. He comes forward to rejoin the squad, and catches sight of the orks. "Looks like we're facing our first assault. " he says, hunkering down in a defensive position looking back down the street for patrols.
    Last edited by Electric_Monkey; 2007-12-03 at 03:40 PM.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Orks... Zavrath whispers.

    Zavrath loads his long-las. he scans the group for any leader.

    Whenever you're ready Jill.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2007-12-02 at 05:45 PM.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken swears softly but violently. "At this point in time I would recommend the use of a grenade as an opening welcome."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Big..." R'nshai mutters, crouching behind a spur of battered ferrocrete wall, "to damn big." He stows the flamer's nozzle aperture an unslings his pilfered las gun. The stock clicks into place and he checks the charge, dialing the pack to full power. He shoots a look at Jil, "Your call it Sir."
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Nothings is to big. Everything dies eventually, it's more an issue of whether or not they are bigger than us." Tauride whispered to the group, afraid of what lies ahead.

    "Use me in your plan how you will"
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jil slides up against a wall, peeking out to check the orcs and grotz. She breathes heavily as she thinks.
    Alright... ok. I have a plan.
    She bends down, motioning for everyone to follow her down to a squat so she could use the dirt on the broken floor to plan. She then motions Tauride to move to the position she held and to make sure the greenskins do not advance.
    We'll fill you in in a second.
    She the begins drawing a diagram in the dirt to show her plan.
    Someone will throw a grenade, and everyone with las rifles will start opening fire, full-auto, on the greenskins. This should throw them into a chaos, especially if we target the big ones first. Once they regroup, most of us will take cover. A few will have to keep up the fire to keep the orcs interested and provoke them to charge. That will need volunteers, as I'll not put any of you in any danger without you knowing the risk. Once the greenskins get close to the building we're in, R'nshai will pop out of cover and flame them when they're not expecting it. They should charge right into it. A few seconds of fire, no hero stuff, and then we all come out to keep firing onthe survivors. Some of us may want to change to laspistols and knives just in case some make it to us. And I want the rocket launcher ready to lay down death if more orcs come out or if something bigger and nastier pokes its ugly head out. Any questions?
    The inexperienced Seargent looksto her men, searching for any sign of confusion or dissaproval.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    I think that me and Jarrek gesturing to the other sniper,would be better off taking down their leader fast. after that we would join up with the missile launcher. But it's up to you Jill.

    OOC: If there are any special weaponers, e.g. Rockkits, Burnas, and the like. I will also suggest taking them out quickly as well


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis looks up from his gunsights "Whatever we do," he says, "I'd want to do it fast. There's no telling when another bunch might arrive. Speaking of which, can we spare anyone to watch our backs? We've got three or four guns, and one or two pistols, depending on whether Grokraj is fit to fight and how he's armed. Then we have the two snipers, the rocket and the flamer."
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    With no more objections, Jil nods.
    Alright. Small change. Grenade the orcs first. Then me and atleast three other troopers begins blasting. Then, when they charge, because they're orcs and they Will charge, flame them. Then blast again. Rocket and one sniper hold back aways to fire if any big boys come out, and anyone not blasting or waiting is covering our tails. If there are no more questions, I think it's high time we got into that tower.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Roger that," replies Jurgis, flicking the burst power limiter on his lasgun to the off position and creeping towards the orks' position with his head down. (Looking for some kind of cover roughly 30' from the orks. If I can't get that close, then as close as I can get without breaking cover) "On your mark, Sergeant."

    Spoiler
    Show

    [roll=1d20+0]hide[/roll]
    [roll =1d20]Move Silently[/roll]
    [roll = 1d20+3]Spot[/roll]

    (Unfortunately, even taking my pack off won't bring me down to a light load)

    When the shooting starts Jurgis raises his head above the parapet and unleashes a volley at the nearest ork.

    [roll=1d20+5]Attack1[/roll]
    [roll=1d20+3]Attack2[/roll]
    [roll=1d20+1]Attack3[/roll]

    (Add 1 to each attack roll if within 30')

    [roll=3d6]Dmg1[/roll]
    [roll=3d6]Dmg2[/roll]
    [roll=3d6]Dmg3[/roll]

    (Add 1 to each damage roll if within 30')

    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Post Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Darn. I messed up the rolls. Here we go again.
    Spoiler
    Show


    hide - (1d20+0)[19]
    [roll =Move Silently]1d20[/roll]
    [roll = Spot]1d20+3[/roll]

    Attack1 - (1d20+5)[12]
    Attack2 - (1d20+3)[8]
    [roll=Attack3][1d20+1/roll]

    (Add 1 to each attack roll if within 30')

    Dmg1 - (3d6)[10]
    Dmg2 - (3d6)[10]
    Dmg3 - (3d6)[9]

    (Add 1 to each damage roll if within 30')
    Last edited by Electric_Monkey; 2007-12-05 at 02:11 PM.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    And again....I've only got 3 to redo this time
    Spoiler
    Show

    MoveSilently - (1d20)[5]
    Spot - (1d20+3)[14]

    Attack3 - (1d20+1)[5]
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    M'gn's nods to acknowledge the plan. He then draws his las-pistol. And places it within reach. He then takes several deep breaths, and aims his rocket launcher at the door to the building.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Iniative:(1d20+3)[12]
    Ready an action to fire at the door when someone comes out.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Thanks, I forgot to roll for initiative. here goes....
    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative - (1d20+3)[17]
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken holds his Knife and Medkit, staying with the body of the group:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    (1d20+1)[13]
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •