Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 244
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Should I use my sniper or las'?


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Moving quickly and efficiently, always on the alert, the squad ascend the next 30 levels or so of the building without seeing so much as a single squig. Upon reaching the topmost-but-one floor, though, certain problems manifest themselves. Like the massive barricade blocking the way up. And the four Orks behind said barricade. With big guns and itchy trigger fingers. The first shots go wide, Orks not being renowned for their sharpshooting abilities, allowing Jakken and Jill to dive back, not taking any damage but suffering a shock, to say the least.

    The layout of this floor is presumably identical to all the others beneath it - four apartments opening on to the corridor, with the staircase at the opposite end of the hallway, curving up and sideways.

    It would be possible to risk a glance over the edge of the staircase you are currently hiding on, and get a better grasp on the layout. Or you could just lob grenades up.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken lifts his head and takes a quick glance around before ducking back down.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai, being possessed of a fairly powerful throwing arm, reaches back down the stack, hand open. "Grenade please." if he receives one he promptly flings it under hand into the hallway, trying to arc it over the barricade and onto the feet of the unlucky orks behind
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-12-19 at 07:41 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis, following behind the squad as a rear guard, instinctively ducks his head as he hears the shots. Crouching low, he makes his way to where the rest of the squad are sheltering. If no-one else answers R'nashi's request, Jurgis unclips one of the orkish stikkbombs from his belt and passes it forwards, whispering "May the emperor guide your aim.".

    He then shrinks back against the wall, checking his lasgun is set to full power, and looks to Jill for guidance.

    OOC: Can I ask you to clarify your description a bit? I'm picturing a straight corridor, with two doors on either side, a staircase at one end leading down, and one at the other end leading up. Is that how the other floors have been? Also, is the barricade across the corridor, or actually on the stair?
    Last edited by Electric_Monkey; 2007-12-19 at 08:05 PM.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "I'll cover you."Whispers Tauride as he makes his way towards the front line.

    Just before R'nshai goes to throw the grenade he lets of a few rounds into the wall as close to the orcs as he can get without having to sacrifice cover.

    (OOC: Hopefully the distraction will help you get a better aim.)
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai takes the stikk bomb, twisting off the fuse cap as he speaks. "Ready? one, two, FIVE!" he lets out a grunt of effort and flings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21] and i don't remember the damage for a nade so i'll leave that to you Las
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    OOC: Electric_Monkey, that description is exactly right. I'm trying to find a map program of some sort to draw the maps, but have had no luck so far. Nice throw from R'nshai, by the way, Verrukt.

    IC:

    The Orks laugh at Tauride's shots, fear being something they are not closely associated with. It would have made grots or humans duck, but the Orks are made of sterner stuff.

    The grenade that R'nshai threw flies over the lip of the staircase, over the barricade, and right at the feet of one of the Orks. The resultant explosion blows two of the Orks to shreds, rips the arm off the third and embeds shrapnel in the fourth. It also blasts a hole in the barricade big enough to fit a medium-sized Ogryn through.

    "WAARGH!" Bellows the beshrapnelled Ork, vaulting the barricade with an axe in hand.

    The one-armed Ork follows suit, clutching a sword in its one remaining hand.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Shades of Gray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Zavrath peeks his head out an fires a sniper blast. (not settled so -1 to hit)

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    tohit: 25(35) Crit!
    Damage: 6
    confirmation:24
    Dmage: (If Crit) 24

    Yes I rolled these on invisiblecastle.


    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: When I am on my vacation here is my firing priority:

    1)Special wepaoners (flamer, rockets, etc.)
    2)Leaders
    3)Wounded
    4)Regular grunts
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2007-12-20 at 11:54 AM.


    If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken meets the Ork's charge, swinging his Hammer at the Ork with shrapnel sticking out of it:

    Attack: (1d20+4)[18]

    And Damage: (2d6+3)[9]
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis stands near the back of the group, bayonet ready. He turns to the tropper next to him and says. "If the orks drop any of our guys, I'll cover you while you pull them to safety."
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    R'nshai whoops and pulls his las pistol, stepping into the hallway and popping off a round at the one armed ork.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[18] and damage (1d6)[2] ooc: beshrapnelled, i have a new favorite word
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-12-20 at 05:21 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    OOC: Verily, I am a wordsmith of Shakespearean talents! I just made up beshrapnelled. Sorta like "bejewelled" only without the jewels and with more shrapnel. I'm totally gonna sig all the words I invent from this.

    IC: Zavrath's shot strikes down the one-armed Ork, blasting its brains out the back of its skull.

    Jakken's hammer blow knocks the Ork back half a pace, but R'nshai's pistol shot doesn't even phase it (OOC: You hit it, but DR absorbed the damage).

    The Ork responds by hacking into Jakken, smacking him up against the wall in a spray of arterial red. (Jakken takes 6 damage).

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "GRAAAAAAAH!!!!" With a primal scream of fury, Jakken smashes his hammer at the Ork once more:

    (1d20+4)[6]

    (2d6+3)[8]
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jil swears as the ork barrels into one of her men and blood sprays across the wall. Pointing her las at the beast, she opens fire from the hip.
    I'm gonna need to talk to them after this. We can't have any more Space Marine crap!
    Die, you green scum!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid fire To hits- (1d20+6)[25] (1d20+4)[9] (1d20+2)[18] Hurts- (2d6+1)[11] (2d6+1)[11] (2d6+1)[7] All assuming within 30 ft.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2007-12-20 at 11:58 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    As Jakken's hammer swooshes through empty air while the Ork moves out of the way of his attack, Jill opens fire, the las rounds ripping through the Ork as it moves to backhand the squad medic. Stopped in mid-attack, it drops to its knees, then topples forwards, green blood pouring out onto the floor.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken falls to one knee and clutches his side, before pulling out his medkit and begins to stitch himself up:

    (1d20+14)[21]
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis strains to make out the action through the press of bodies in front of him "Throne!" he exclaims, "What's happening? Did they get the medic?"
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Throne!" R'nshai leaps up the remaining stairs to Jakken, stepping over his fallen comrade and leveling his flamer at the barricade, pilot light hissing. He shouts back to the squad, never taking his eyes off the corridor ahead of him. "For the Emperor's sake, somebody help him!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    readying an action to bake the next green thing that so much as twitches in my field of vision. Spot if necessary (1d20)[18]
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2007-12-22 at 02:28 AM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Penguinizer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    "Blast it! Here goes nothing." He drops his las-pistol, and draws his rocket-launcher. Preparing to fire it into the barricade.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Drop pistol, draw weapon, move into firing position.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken, essentially finished with his hasty surgery, painfully drags himself back to the rest of the squad.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright guys, time for me to flex some muscles. This may get messy...
    By the way, any form of explosive will likely wipe out the squad at the same time if you aren't careful. Krak should be alright, but frag will do just that.


    As the group relaxes a little as the adrenaline high wears off, something bad happens. Very bad.

    "Oi, youse lot, what's the racket?" Bellows a voice from above.

    Before you can respond in any way, heavy footsteps clop down the stairs. As the foe comes in to view, you begin to feel fear take a hold on you. The first things to appear are a massive pair of metal boots, followed by a pair of treetrunk legs. Then the massive, heavily armoured torso and arms come into view. Or, more specifically, single arm. The other is a monstrous crude claw, sizzling with electricity and snapping impatiently. Then, finally, the head of the monster appears, clad in a massively horned helmet and huge red painted iron jaw. One eye has been replaced by a clumsy brass monocle, from which a laser targeter glares at you. In the beast's normal hand is a massive wrench, easily as long as a man. On its back is a peculiar machine, all coils and rods, wracked with lighting discharges.

    "What's youse disturbin' me for? Big Mek Skullkrakka don't hafta put up wit' dese tings!" Howls the Ork, waving its lighting claw threateningly and stomping towards the squad.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Note, this is his surprise round. He's currently at the opposite end of the corridor to you, maybe 30ft away. One round to take him down before he hits you like the wrath of the gods. You ready for this?

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dorizzit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A2
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jakken has only one thing to say, presumably summing up the thoughts of the squad in general:

    "F***."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jil's voice becomes cool as she gives the squad instructions.
    Fire the rocket high and behind his head. That way it will hurt him and not us. Hopefully bring the ceiling down, since we're high enough up it shouldn't bring the building down. I want the flamer up front with me and burning. Maybe we can set him on fire, or atleast slow him. Sniper, back up and fire a hot shot through his brains. Everyone else, full power, full speed, and move back. That's an order. Emporer be with us full power and LET HIM HAVE IT!!
    She says this as she steps foreword a few paces, flicking her las to full power, kneeling, and unloading down the hall way at the charging ork.
    Emporer be with me as well let my possible sacrifice not be in vain...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inspiring the squad for +1 to attack and damage. Full power, auto fire, EVERYONE. To hits (1d20+7)[8] (1d20+5)[22] (1d20+3)[16] To hurt (3d6+2)[11] (3d6+2)[14] (3d6+2)[12]

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Jurgis struggles to find a firing position for the six or eight soldiers in front of him. Eventually, he finds an opening in the masss of bodies, and carefully threads his lasgun through, shouting "Careful of the bayonet, lads!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    initiative - (1d20+3)[5]

    Here I'm making a lot of assumptions about what I can do and when I get to act- so please modify my actions to make sense.

    If any of the squad follow R'nashi's advice to run before Jurgis' turn to act, Jurgis passes an unprimed stikkbomb to the front of the line and mutters "Let's leave him a little parting gift" before joining the stampede - and presumably falling into the most appropriate fire position on the floor below.

    If Jurgis acts before anyone turns, then what he does depends on how easy it is for him to find a firing position.

    If he can't find anywhere to shoot from, then he either tenses, ready to take the place of any fallen, or - if he acts after R'nashi, runs and sets up a firing position on the floor below.

    If you rule that finding a place to shoot from is a move action, he takes his bayonet off as he looks, to avoid rising injury to his comrades in arms, then cracks off one shot at the ork.

    Attack1 - (1d20+6)[8]
    Dmg1 - (3d6)[12]

    (adjust for point blank shot if the range is appropriate)

    If Jurgis finds a firing spot immediately, he acts as described in the plaintext - sticking his gun throuh and warning others of the bayonet, then shoots a three round burst.

    [roll=Attack2] 1d20+3[/roll]
    dmg2 - (3d6)[8]
    Attack3 - (1d20+1)[5]
    dmg3 - (3d6)[13]

    Finally, if soldiers in front of him turn and run, while Jurgis has his gun in position, he lifts it to a vertical postion out of their way, and lets them pass before following himself.
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Electric_Monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rerolling attack2
    Attack2 - (1d20+3)[14]
    19th-20th Century Rulers - in Stick Form!
    Spoiler
    Show


    PM me to request an av
    Watch my descent into bankruptcy. Portfolio here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Holdings:
    OOTS: 13gp * 62 = 805gp
    DOOM: 11gp *15 = 165gp
    MIKO: 21 * 0gp = 0gp
    HNJO: 44 * 5gp = 220gp
    Cash: 1gp
    Net Worth 1191 gp

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    We may be able to move out of the back blast of a rocket tube- hug the walls. I doubt we can outrun a massive fireball racing down the corridor, no matter what the movies say.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    laszarus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    OK, Verrukt, awesome and moving though that is, you'd kill your entire squad in a horrible, horrible way. The rocket, if placed in the stairwell, will hit the Ork but not your squad. You could throw a grenade and promethium tank at the same time for some awesomeness if you wanted.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Verruckt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey whatd'ya know, sometime last night my logic took leave of me and was replaced by the "cinematic awesomeness" part of my brain. Oh well, R'nshai's turn, non-suicidal remix!


    R'nshai stares, awestruck by the size of the thing. It passes quickly however, and he calmly flamers the beast, wreathing it and the barricade in flicking tongues of promethium.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[18] damage (2d4)[4]
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show





    The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Viginti_tres's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: No Time For Sorrow

    Walking to the front of the squad, barely resisting the urge to go much further, Tauride stares at the looming monstrosity. Positioning himself between it and the medic he looks over at the sergeant.

    Following her lead he clumsily clicks his rifle into the relevant setting then releases a burst at the creature, hoping to hit something unstable. Things like this are only brought down by there own doing, we just have to speed things along.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20-2)[8]

    Damage: (2d6)[8]
    (2d6)[7]
    (2d6)[7]
    Thanks to Kyace for the avatar.

    "Way down in the hole"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •